Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Browns news: Myles Garrett says healthy roster would have ended in Super Bowl appearance

Myles Garrett believes the Cleveland Browns would have been in the Super Bowl had they stayed healthy

By Randy Gurzi | 7:00 AM CST

link

The Cleveland Browns were watching the Super Bowl with the rest of us on Sunday but Myles Garrett believes they should have been playing in it. Speaking before the big game, Garrett said he was confident that his team could have made it if they were healthy.

Cleveland lost several players but the top two injuries happened to Nick Chubb and Deshaun Watson. The Browns won 11 games even with them going down, making this claim from Garrett sound very logical. That story and more can be found in today's news round-up.

Myles Garrett Sends Bold Message on Browns’ Supremacy on Eve of Super Bowl - Max Dible, Heavy

“I think if we stay healthy, there’s no reason we’re not playing this Sunday. And, you know, it hurts every time I think about [Deshaun Watson] getting hurt, [Nick] Chubb getting hurt and other big injuries that we had,” Garrett said. “But I’m proud of the men I had in the room. I’m proud of the brotherhood that we created from training camp all throughout the season and everything we had to fight through, the adversity that we saw. It was awesome to see how those guys rallied.”

Injuries were the theme for the Browns all year and they still won 11 games. They also secured wins over the No. 1 seed in each conference this season. That makes it easy to believe the claim from Garrett that they could have run the table with their full roster.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
The injury issues facing the Browns will continue to be an issue, simply because full recovery for those on IR is not determined by a calendar...
link

Monday, February 12, 2024

PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS

Dawand Jones OT Mon, Feb 12 Knee - MCL Questionable for the start of training camp

Grant Delpit SS Mon, Feb 12 Groin Questionable for the start of training camp

Drew Forbes OT Mon, Feb 12 Back Questionable for the start of training camp

Michael Woods II WR Mon, Feb 12 Achilles Questionable for the start of training camp

Thompson-Robinson QB Mon, Feb 12 Hip Questionable for the start of training camp

Jedrick Wills OT Mon, Feb 12 Knee - MCL Questionable for the start of training camp

Jacob Phillips LB Mon, Feb 12 Pectoral Questionable for the start of training camp

Deshaun Watson QB Mon, Feb 12 Shoulder Questionable for the start of training camp

Nick Chubb RB Mon, Feb 12 Knee - ACL + MCL Questionable for the start of training camp

Anthony Walker MLB Mon, Feb 12 Knee Questionable for the start of training camp

Maurice Hurst DT Mon, Feb 12 Pectoral Questionable for the start of training camp

Jack Conklin OT Mon, Feb 12 Knee - ACL + MCL Questionable for the start of training camp

Rodney McLeod FS Mon, Feb 12 Biceps Questionable for the start of training camp

Jakeem Grant WR Mon, Feb 12 Kneecap Questionable for the start of training camp

Last edited by mac; 02/13/24 11:57 AM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
At some point you need to take that horse to the barn, brush it, let it rest along with watering and feeding it. You've been riding it for so long now without rest you're about to kill thew damned thing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mac
The injury issues facing the Browns will continue to be an issue, simply because full recovery for those on IR is not determined by a calendar...
link

Dawand Jones OT Mon, Feb 12 Knee - MCL Questionable for the start of training camp

Michael Woods II WR Mon, Feb 12 Achilles Questionable for the start of training camp

Thompson-Robinson QB Mon, Feb 12 Hip Questionable for the start of training camp

Jedrick Wills OT Mon, Feb 12 Knee - MCL Questionable for the start of training camp

Jacob Phillips LB Mon, Feb 12 Pectoral Questionable for the start of training camp

Deshaun Watson QB Mon, Feb 12 Shoulder Questionable for the start of training camp

Nick Chubb RB Mon, Feb 12 Knee - ACL + MCL Questionable for the start of training camp

Maurice Hurst DT Mon, Feb 12 Pectoral Questionable for the start of training camp

Jack Conklin OT Mon, Feb 12 Knee - ACL + MCL Questionable for the start of training camp

Questionable is media-speak for we have no idea/access but want to put something out there because there are people who will keep clicking our articles no matter how little information the articles contain.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
At some point you need to take that horse to the barn, brush it, let it rest along with watering and feeding it. You've been riding it for so long now without rest you're about to kill thew damned thing.

It seems that some believe that if they dig that hole a little deeper and hide there head in it, the injury problem that plagued the Browns last season will simply "go away"...

As we can see by the information posted, we have 14 players listed as questionable for the start of training camp. Put another way..the affects of the injury problem that began in 2023 will continue to be an issue when the new training camp begins.

Even team leaders recognize that the injury history of the Browns IS AN ISSUE affecting the teams ability to be achieve team goals, such as playoff wins, division titles and a shot at a Super Bowl...and the best response some have to the injury problem is...THAT THERE IS NOTHING THE BROWNS FRANCHISE CAN DO.

Why is it that some teams are able minimize the impact of injuries upon their franchises while some franchises like the Browns are overwhelmed with injuries..?

I do know this much...players can be "overworked" during training and practices, leading to injuries...

...I also know that players can be "underworked" during training and practices, leaving those players more susceptible to injuries.

There are 32 NFL teams with 32 different approaches to training and conditioning and there is NO ONE SIZE FITS ALL. It is up to each team to tailor a conditioning/training program that is best for their franchise and those team programs must be further refined and tailored to meet the needs of each individual player.

IMO, some teams do a better job of tailoring their conditioning and training programs than other teams.

Are the Browns OVERWORKED, UNDERWORKED..?

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you know a little that may or may not be related to the Browns injuries? Yeah, me too. Somebody should really call the Humane Society about your abuse of that horse.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by mac
link

Half of those injuries were knees (or tendons around the knee).
So what was your high school regimen that would've prevented these knee injuries?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
My guess would be walking to school and back five miles a day uphill both directions in a foot of snow.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
My guess would be walking to school and back five miles a day uphill both directions in a foot of snow.

While carrying a 50# bookbag. (and going barefoot)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by oobernoober
[quote=mac]

Half of those injuries were knees (or tendons around the knee).
So what was your high school regimen that would've prevented these knee injuries?

oobs...after missing 3 games games of my sophomore season with a broken bone in my wrist, not being able to play football due to that injury struck a nerve with me. I was determined to find something to improve my conditioning during the summer between my soph and junior seasons.

A few weeks ago I posted a video of Walter Payton's famous Hill climb workout and and noted that Walter, a 5-10/200 lb RB played 13 seasons (averaging 14.6 games per season) for the Bears without a knee injury and he credited his personal workout regime of running a hill near his Chicago home in the offseason to improve his conditioning. I used Walter's example to show how effective that type of workout could be at protecting football players from knee injury.

Doing what Walter Payton did was not a workout I could duplicate living in farm country where there were no hills. So I decided to try the next best thing ... I devised a workout routine that utilized the fire-escape stairs at the HS. There were two sets of stairs, one set of stairs that went to second floor and the other flight of stairs was
evacuated the 3rd floor.

It was exactly what I was looking for in a workout...After a month or so of running those stairs 3 times a week and got the idea of adding a weighted vest and ankle weights to increase the intensity of the workout. I was in the best shape of my life by the time football season rolled around and did not miss a game due to injury, playing Outside LB on defense and filling in at OG on offense.

During the offseason between my Junior and Senior season, I continued my off season workout, increasing the reps with additional weight added to the ankle and vest.

I started at OLB on defense and RT on offense and did not miss a game due to injury.

Anything else, feel free to ask...mac

B
Legend
Legend
B

My recall is you once said you played center.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Another coachb?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Rishuz

Another coachb?

I don't think so. I just recall him saying he played center.

I liked Coach B. That was a pretty strange ending to all of that.

Early on there was a poster who posed as a woman. I don't recall the name, but s/he ended up admitting s/he was in reality a man. Bizarre for sure. I am sure a few around here remember that.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

peen...when I was a sophomore, I was the starting center on the offensive side and the starting OLB on defense for the first 6 games until I broke a bone in my wrist in practice missing the last 3 games of the season.

As for the comment about coachb and the attempt to label me a fake or phony...I can back everything up as the records live on.

Why is it that some on this board have a difficult time believing that a fellow board member actually played the game and is willing to share their thoughts and information based on their experiences..?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by mac
Anything else, feel free to ask...mac[/color]

The title of the workout says that it's for power, (and for runners). Do you honestly think running hills (or a fire escape) in a weighted vest is going to do anything when a 200+ lb safety launches himself into a locked knee?

Maybe you weren't picking up what I was putting down. I think your whole shtick is a joke. Trying to posture like you know more about injury prevention than people who are paid for their expertise... citing your high school playing days as some sort of evidence to back up claims... it's laughable.

Take me for instance. I played ice hockey growing up (goalie). The only injury I ever had through high school and college was a fractured thumb when someone swung their stick and whacked my hand when I went to cover a puck. Other than that injury (which I played with after getting a cast), nothing. No soft tissue stuff or tears or anything. You wanna know what my secret was? Nothing. I barely did any training other than practicing on ice. I was usually the smallest guy on the team and never lost time to injury despite being in goal every practice and every game.

The difference is I'm not going to try to draw parallels between high school and college (club) hockey and the pros. That's because I have a little common sense and no axe to grind.

Last edited by oobernoober; 02/14/24 10:12 AM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
2 members like this: FATE, MemphisBrownie
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac

peen...when I was a sophomore, I was the starting center on the offensive side and the starting OLB on defense for the first 6 games until I broke a bone in my wrist in practice missing the last 3 games of the season.

As for the comment about coachb and the attempt to label me a fake or phony...I can back everything up as the records live on.

Why is it that some on this board have a difficult time believing that a fellow board member actually played the game and is willing to share their thoughts and information based on their experiences..?

Skipping wrist day, eh?? You'd fit right in here in Berea, where every player skips the workout for the body part he is most likely to injure!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
And YOU obviously skipped thumb day.

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: oobernoober
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
The title of the workout says that it's for power, (and for runners). Do you honestly think running hills (or a fire escape) in a weighted vest is going to do anything when a 200+ lb safety launches himself into a locked knee?

oobs...you ever run stairs for conditioning..?

Running stairs and hills is not some miracle workout that is going to be the answer for everyone looking to get themselves in better shape or to help protect themselves from injury...but it worked well for me and it seems to have worked well for Walter Payton who earned nearly every award a Professional football player can earn. Even if Walter Payton attributes his ability to stay healthy for 13 seasons, there is bound to some on this message board calling Walter a liar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jerry Rice...
https://www.stack.com/a/jerry-rices-legendary-hill-training/

..Jerry Rice played 20 seasons, starting 284 regular season games out of 303 games..and starting 29 out of 29 post season games.

Conditioning,Football
Jerry Rice’s Legendary Hill Training
By STACK
Published On: 2010-10-17
https://www.stack.com/a/jerry-rices-legendary-hill-training/ 

Jerry Rice, 2010 NFL Hall of Fame inductee, played a remarkable 20 years as a pro, collecting more than 1,500 career receptions, 197 touchdowns, and three Super Bowl rings.

Whether it was late in the fourth quarter, during one of his Super Bowl appearances, or in the latter stages of his career (post-49ers), it didn’t matter: #80 never shut down. He would race past double teams, outleap corners on jump balls and shed tacklers to break free into the end zone.

Rice’s secret?

“The Hill” at The Edgewood Park & Natural Preserve, the covert training destination for the playmaking wideout and running back Roger Craig during the golden age of 49ers football.

Hill training is wildly popular among both high-performing athletes and fitness enthusiasts, but Rice and company were the originators. Hitting the rugged hills is what the NFL legend attributes his body of work to—as well as his finely-tuned body.

Rice would run insane distances uphill—2½ miles nonstop—each and every day during the off-season.

“The main thing for me was conditioning, and it started with this hill,” Rice told us this past summer during our visit to the park where he put in some of his finest work. “We did this, and it’s what made us capable of outdoing everybody else during the football season. It was about being able to put your body through pain.”

His cooldown—ten 100-yard “Easy Stride-Outs” up the first leg of the hill—was more intense than some players’ entire workouts.

“I was always surprised,” he said, “because there were a lot of professional players that would wait until training camp to work themselves into shape.”

Not Rice.

“I would take two weeks off during the off-season, then go right back into my regimen.”

We joined the great #80 for the cool-down portion of his hill runs this summer. (Yes, he’s still doing his thing at 48 years of age.) From a starting point at the bottom of the hill, we ran approximately 60 yards up to a slight bend in the path, turned, and ran back down. After a 20-second breather, it was back up the hill—repeatedly, in work-to-rest fashion, ten times.

After a few light laps around the gravel lot at the base of the hill, it was back to work for ten “quick bursts,” as Rice called them. Same thing, but working for an explosive start. We sprinted 20 to 30 yards uphill, focusing on pumping the knees and driving the elbows forward and back.

Rice’s advice for hill training newcomers: “Leave your ego at the bottom of the hill. The type of conditioning that goes into this, it’s something you have to work at every day.”

If you’re not doing it, hill training could be the missing link in your routine. Get started today, and maybe one day you’ll find yourself sprinting uphill for the same remarkable distance and at the same remarkable pace that Jerry Rice once did—and still does today.

We’ve got plenty more from Rice, so be on the lookout for future interview content from the all-time great. Meanwhile, view the following video highlighting his legendary hill training:

And he did it for two decades!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Patriots use an old-school training method that players hate, and it paid off big-time in the Super Bowl

Scott Davis Feb 7, 2017, 1:17 PM EST
link

When the Atlanta Falcons faltered down the stretch of Super Bowl 51 on Sunday, the New England Patriots kept coming.

Over the course of the game, the Patriots ran 99 plays to the Falcons' 49, according to CSN New England's Phil Perry, simply wearing down the Falcons.

Conditioning can be an overlooked aspect of sports, in part because it's hard to see and define. However, in Super Bowl 51, it ended up being a defining factor. The Falcons defense was tired after spending so much time chasing the Patriots, and down the stretch, they couldn't get to Tom Brady or slow down his receivers.

The secret to the Patriots' conditioning is a basic, old-school drill that players alluded to after the game as a deciding factor: sprinting up a hill.

Julian Edelman, one of the game's biggest heroes, said of the Patriots outlasting the Falcons: "We've got these stupid hills in Foxborough that we have to run, like literally, until we left. We all b---- and complain about it. But hey, we do it. We put in the work. We put in the conditioning."

As Perry documented in July, the hills behind the Gillette Stadium are a big part of the Patriots' training. There are two hills, according to Perry. "One is 20 yards long and steep. The other is 60 yards long and features more of a gradual incline," he wrote. They are both finely manicured, with 5-yard lines so players know the distance left to run.

The Patriots run these hills in training camp, but apparently they were running them up until the week before the Super Bowl.

"We were running the hill last week," said tight end Martellus Bennett. "And I was like, who runs the hill in Week 23? Guys were tired, but guys got out there, they ran full speed up the hill. We're just a team that works."

It's not a fun task for the players. Wide receiver Danny Amendola told Perry that "it's a beast, for sure," while tackle Nate Solder compared it to taking medicine.

However, the act of sprinting up the incline helps players. Nick Caserio, the director of player personnel, told Sirius XM Radio over the summer: "That hill's great. That hill gets them in shape pretty quickly. Those guys don't like it, but they'll probably, in the fourth quarter, realize it's worthwhile."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.

Last edited by mac; 02/14/24 01:55 PM.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
The Broncos...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Are you saying the Browns don't have incline machines where players run on a grade? Or are you saying you have no idea if they do or not? I'm guessing you have no idea. In fact I would put money on it. It sounds as if you may have missed your calling. I suppose weighted sleds wouldn't accomplish the same thing? Dear Lord man.

[video]
[/video]

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Maybe you weren't picking up what I was putting down. I think your whole shtick is a joke. Trying to posture like you know more about injury prevention than people who are paid for their expertise... citing your high school playing days as some sort of evidence to back up claims... it's laughable.

oob...a football player has to "want it"...

I do understand that some players just don't have "the desire" to do anything extra to improve themselves andf unless the training staff mandates such a workout most players are not going expend the energy to do a tough voluntary workout like some of the NFL's greatest players have done.

Myself, I wanted to do more to make sure I was ready to compete for what ever challenge I might face. I wanted to make the most of my opportunities.

Legend
Legend
....if only all those injured Browns players had your drive.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: oobernoober
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well some of them don't want to be in top shape. They want their careers to be short and plagued by injuries. They don't care about extending their careers so they can make more money than they possibly will at any other point in their life. *I didn't think purple was necessary.*

It is true that on rare occasion you will find a player who is lazy or can't seem to stick with a diet regiment. But this is a rarity and no way explains a laundry list on injuries. The more he posts the farther the stupidity of it grows.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I thought it was our S&C team wasn't doing their job. Now you're saying our players just don't "want it".

You'd be a lot more effective at grinding that axe if you kept your story straight (then even better if it made sense).

-PrplPplEater
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
I gave examples of some of the best players to ever play the game, Jerry Rice and Walter Payton who credited there workout routines for the successes they have had. Both credited their ran hills that helped them develop superior condition compared to their opponents. Both had exceptionally long careers with few games missed due to injuries...Payton had a 13 yr. career while Rice's career was 20 yrs long, missing only 19 regular season games over that span.

I gave two examples of teams that required hill running as part of their conditioning program...

The Broncos...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VozERJoI5eM&t=2s

The Patriots... https://www.businessinsider.com/patriots-players-hill-sprints-paid-off-in-super-bowl-2017-2

If a team is not going to require workouts such as running an incline such as hills or stairs, for example then it's up to the individual to set their own goals and devise their own workouts. But any idea that running an incline, such as hills or stairs is not beneficial to those looking improve their durability and help to avoid injuries..that issue should be settled.

The Browns had a serious injury problem last season and I happen to believe that the Brown need to adjust their approach to training and conditioning. Our own players realize that the team has in injury problem that is affecting their ability perform and compete at a playoff and super bowl level. As Myles said, we had a roster that was good enough to compete in the Super Bowl...but the injuries stood in the way.

Legend
Legend
Nick Chubb has one of the most effective workout regimens, and yet he tore up a knee horribly.

Sometimes injuries just happen. LeCharles Bentley lost his career following the 1st snap of his Browns career. Unfortunalely, injuries happen.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mac

To make the record clear, I didn't say you were like Coach B. I said I didn't think so. I am glad I was able to recall you playing center from some discussion we had more than a few years ago. I don't doubt you played football. Many of us played.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Don't the Browns have "Belicheck Hill" anymore? I know they had it at one time. I am sure most in here have read stories about Bill installing a hill at the practice facility for the said purpose of inclined sprints.

As someone pointed out, treadmills today can produce incline. They may not be as steep, but I am not sure that at some point the incline doesn't matter all that much. Sports science has probably determined what incline, how many sprints and at what length of time produce optimal benefit.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Nick Chubb has one of the most effective workout regimens, and yet he tore up a knee horribly.

Sometimes injuries just happen. LeCharles Bentley lost his career following the 1st snap of his Browns career. Unfortunalely, injuries happen.

You'll have to understand that facts can ever be allowed to get in the way of an agenda.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Don't the Browns have "Belicheck Hill" anymore? I know they had it at one time. I am sure most in here have read stories about Bill installing a hill at the practice facility for the said purpose of inclined sprints.

Peen...The last time I attended training camp in Berea, the Hill was there but it didn't look like it was being used.

Here is a picture of two Browns players running a Hill but reading the text below the picture, there seems to be a question just where the hill in the picture was located on the training grounds.

The date on the picture published by Dawgs of Nature is Jun 12, 2012; Berea, OH

Here is the link:

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2012/...s-caption-contest-6-16-running-up-a-hill

P
Legend
Legend
P
So an inclined treadmill doesn't serve the same purpose?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
mac, I can only lead a horse to water. You have to take that first drink.

Job Opportunity- Strength & Conditioning Intern - Cleveland Browns (Berea · OH)
https://www.teamworkonline.com/foot...698/strength-conditioning-intern-2070478

Tackles are tackles.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
I found a picture of the Hill, taken from the Beech Street gate at the Browns Training Camp in Berea.

The picture appeared in a Cleveland.com article,

titled... Cleveland Browns Training Camp in Berea opens July 25

dated...Updated: Jul. 18, 2013, 4:40 p.m.|Published: Jul. 18, 2013, 3:40 p.m.

link... https://www.cleveland.com/berea/2013/07/cleveland_browns_training_camp_4.html

The Hill is to the right of the building and is a bit grainy.

The Hill was still there at the Berea training facility as of July 18, 2013.

Legend
Legend
The Hill is gone if my memory is correct. I don't remember seeing it the last few years.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
GM..thanks for the info.

I did a search titled...Pictures of the Cleveland Browns Training Camp in Berea...and I was able pull up pages of snapshots showing the players going through workout with the background showing the Hill location at various moments in time.

The Hill was still visible in 2013...at some point in time the Hill was turned into an advertising prop used to promote FORD products.

There are pictures dated 2022 and it appears that Hill is no longer visible.

P
Legend
Legend
P

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The hill was there on the side of the building the last time I was at TC. Chud was the coach. We got to see such stars as Brandon Weeden, Barkevious Mingo and Monterio Hardesty,

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

pit..IF our players did use an inclining treadmill it could provide a good workout that might be close to running a hill or running stairs. But, looking at the injury results the Browns racked up this season...if a player relied on an incline treadmill to mimic a hill/stairs workout the individuals would have chart the results of their workouts to see if they were able achieve their goals.

Look at how long it took guys like Rice and Walter Payton to accumulate enough information about their workouts to conclude that their workouts helped to keep them injury free...20 yrs for Rice and 13 yrs for Payton. Just do the real thing that has already been proven to work for some of football's very best players.

I know what worked for me and I didn't have enough time to test out every workout routine that came along.

Last edited by mac; 02/15/24 06:45 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And look at all the scientific development in strength and conditioning science since Jerry Rice and Walter Payton played. I would suggest rather than to bloviate about something you have had no experience other than at the high school level decades ago maybe you should look at all the advances into sports science since that time. I'm pretty sure that billion dollar corporations using the latest advancements in sports science have a better clue as to what's going on than you do.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
So..with all the latest/greatest exercise equipment..why are the Browns one of (if not the most) injured teams in the NFL?

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Browns Stength and Conditioning Department

Link Copied to Clipboard