Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Legend
Legend
B
So the punk starts shooting because someone was staring at him..pitiful.

Weak minds produce weak results. I haven't heard the DA say these punks will be tried as adults. Has that happened yet?

Gun culture? I don't think so. It's a problem with the culture some people choose to follow.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
You can't make this stuff up.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/21/us-ne...hooting-suspect-set-up-gofundme-for-him/

Family of Kansas City shooting suspect Lyndell Mays posts GoFundMe to get him through ‘tragic time’

The mother of one of the accused Kansas City Super Bowl parade shooters set up a GoFundMe for him, saying he needed help through a “tragic time.”

Teneal Burnside created the online fundraiser for her son Lyndell Mays, 23, showing him lying in a hospital bed recovering from nine bullet wounds from the shootout he allegedly confessed to starting.

“He is in the ICU fighting for a recovery from several surgeries from going to the Chiefs’ Super Bowl celebration with his older sister,” the now-deleted fundraiser said.

“Getting shot multiple times at a time that was [meant] to bring so much joy to so many has [brought] pain and sadness to all that was attending,” it said.

The fundraiser had reportedly raised $100 for Mays’ medical bills before he was charged Tuesday with second-degree murder, two counts of armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon.

A female friend of Mays told police the opposing group of several individuals wanted to know why Mays was looking at them, court papers said.

L
Mays started jawing with the group, according to a probable cause statement obtained by The Post. He was seen on surveillance footage approaching the group in an “aggressive” manner and later pointing his finger at them, the court docs said.

When Mays pulled his gun, he started to chase an unknown individual who appeared unarmed and shot at him, resulting in others drawing their guns, according to the legal papers.

F
The suspect would later allegedly admit to police that he pulled his gun first and began shooting first — even though he was in a crowded area that had throngs of kids.

“Mays confirmed that he drew his gun first … and started shooting, all because they said, ‘I’m going to get you,’ and to him, that meant, ‘I’m going to kill you,’” according to court documents obtained by The Post.

“Mays stated the other individuals started shooting only after [he] shot first.”

When investigators asked why he “advanced with them to begin with,” the alleged gunman replied, “Stupid, man. Just pulled a gun out and started shooting. I shouldn’t have done that. Just being stupid,” the docs stated.

After Mays flashed his weapon, several others “almost immediately” brandished their weapons, including Miller, whose gun fired the bullet that killed 43-year-old mom of two Lisa Lopez-Galvan, prosecutors said.

Twenty-two others were injured in the shooting.

Both Mays and Miller are being held on a $1 million bond.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I’m sure “from my cold dead hand” gang will be donating freely.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Let me try to explain this to you in the simplest of terms. The two juveniles you are referring to were arrested on gun charges, not the murder. The two people charged with murder are adults. It's two different sets of people.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Gun culture? I don't think so. It's a problem with the culture some people choose to follow.

Do you actually think that explains murders by firearms or did you just find an example that fits that narrative?

Gun Deaths More Likely in Small Towns Than Major Cities

https://www.publichealth.columbia.edu/news/gun-deaths-more-likely-small-towns-major-cities

Map of gun deaths across the U.S. shows cities have lower rates than rural counties

The most rural counties had a 37% higher rate of firearm deaths than the most urban counties from 2011 to 2020, an analysis found.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...wer-cities-than-rural-counties-rcna81462

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
PitDawg busy planting goalposts all over the field. rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I understand why you would blame me since facts are not your friend.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Do you actually think that explains murders by firearms or did you just find an example that fits that narrative?

Gun Deaths More Likely in Small Towns Than Major Cities

https://www.publichealth.columbia.edu/news/gun-deaths-more-likely-small-towns-major-cities

Map of gun deaths across the U.S. shows cities have lower rates than rural counties

The most rural counties had a 37% higher rate of firearm deaths than the most urban counties from 2011 to 2020, an analysis found.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...wer-cities-than-rural-counties-rcna81462

The most rural counties had a 25 percent higher overall firearm death rate than the most urban counties, a 54 percent higher gun suicide death rate, and a 50 percent lower gun homicide death rate compared with the most urban counties.

Tackles are tackles.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I had no idea that suicide by gun wasn't as gun death. How depressed must people be in all of those Republican ran communities for their suicide rates to be so high? I'm not sure how that makes your rebuttal a good one.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
PitDawg busy planting goalposts all over the field. rofl

Dude doesn't even read the article he posts. He gets a Nick Chubb by seeing the headline and goes for it.

Tackles are tackles.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
No I read it. I just never imagined someone would stoop to the level of pretending that suicide by gun was somehow less harmful or made someone dead because it was a suicide. But I guess I should have expected it. "Oh it's not as bad because they killed themselves." Good Lord.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
No I read it. I just never imagined someone would stoop to the level of pretending that suicide by gun was somehow less harmful or made someone dead because it was a suicide. But I guess I should have expected it. "Oh it's not as bad because they killed themselves." Good Lord.

Except nobody thinks suicide is the same as murder by firearms... except Pit@DawgTalkers.

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
How right you are. People getting killed by guns are less dead when it's a suicide.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE

Except nobody thinks suicide is the same as murder by firearms... except Pit@DawgTalkers.

Just a healthy reminder to all that it's important to read the articles you post first instead of assuming the headline matches your attempt at debating a topic.

#TeachableMoments

Tackles are tackles.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
And remember folks, Republicans think you're less dead if you use a gun to commit suicide. #teachablemoment

"Those gun deaths don't count!"

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Yeah, gun deaths aren't gun deaths if its a suicide. rofl

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Are suicides the same as murders, Pit??

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
The results are the same. Are you trying to say that they aren't?

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Up to 10 injured in shooting near Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl parade

Link Copied to Clipboard