Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
How did Putin Convince Republicans to support RUSSIA

'Blackmail': Republican alleges lawmakers compromised by sex, drugs or 'whatever you’re into'

Story by David Badash
12/21/23
link

Afar-right Republican House lawmaker is alleging some members of Congress are compromised by “women, drugs, booze,” and suggested they are being blackmailed by Russia.

“This is how it works,” U.S. Rep. Tim Burchett(R-TN) told far-right podcast host Benny Johnson (video below). “You’re visiting, you’re out of the country, or out of town, or you’re in a motel or a bar in D.C., and some, whatever you’re, you’re into – women or men or whatever – comes up, and they’re very attractive, and they’re laughing at your jokes and, and they, and you’re buying them a drink, next thing you know you’re in the motel room with them naked.”

“And next thing you know, you know, you’re about to make a key vote and what happens?” Burchett continued. “Some well-dressed person comes up and whispers in your ear, ‘Hey, man, there’s tapes out on you,’ or, ‘Were you in a motel room, on, whatever with whoever?’ And then you’re like, ‘uh-oh,’ and [they] said, ‘You really ought not be voting for this thing.'”

Johnson described Burchett’s description as being “BLACKMAILED.”

READ MORE: ‘I Fought for It’: Republican Takes Credit for $650,000 in Federal Funds From Bill She Voted Against

“You got powerful people and they write the big checks,” Rep. Burchett said. “Let’s be honest and powerful people in this country, they write the big checks, and they, you know, they’re the ones out on the tarmac when the President comes and visits, and, whichever party they’re in, they’re always either out on the tarmac or in the private room. They’re the ones that write the big checks.”

“They don’t care who’s in, they hate this country, they hate what we’re about, but they love their portfolios and they love their money more than they do anything else,” Burchett continued. “And they protect it and they protect the people that do that and by doing so, you know, the old honeypot. The Russians do that. And I’m sure members of Congress have been caught up – why in the world would good conservatives vote for crazy stuff like what we’ve been saying out of Congress?”

“If it’s women, drugs, booze, it’ll find you in D.C. and in most elected offices, and that’s what people in power influence do. And it’s just, and I’ve been in this game my whole life has been 16 years in the state legislature in Tennessee and eight years as county mayor, and now I’m in my fifth year of Congress, but it’s just it. The stakes are higher but the with the game is still the same.”

In March Congressman Burchett made headlines when he stood on the steps of the Capitol and, speaking after another mass shooting infamously declared, “We’re not gonna fix it.”

“I don’t see any role that we could do other than mess things up, honestly,” Burchett added, in response to the Nashville, TN school mass shooting where three nine-year olds and three adults were shot to death by a shooter with two AR-15 style assault rifles and a handgun.

He instead suggested more thoughts and prayers.

“As a Christian, we talk about the church. I’ve said this many times, I think we really need a revival in this country.”

Burchett is the third House Republican to make similar claims about their colleagues. Earlier this year, now-former congressman Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) alleged lawmakers he looked up to when he was growing up shocked him by inviting him to orgies where they did drugs.

More recently, another now-former congressman, George Santos (R-NY) alleged, “I have colleagues who are more worried about getting drunk every night with the next lobbyist that they’re gonna screw and pretend like none of us know what’s going on, and sell off the American people, not show up to vote because they’re too hungover or whatever the reason is, or not show up to vote at all and just give their card out like f---ing candy for someone else to vote for them.”

“This s--- happens every single week,” he added.

READ MORE: ‘Pig’ Ted Cruz Roasted for Attacking ‘Angry’ Liberal Women, Pronouns, and ‘Weenies’

Congressman Burchett is a member of the far-right Republican Study Committee, which has strong ties to the National Rifle Association (NRA).

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
A
Legend
Legend
A
How did you come up with :"How did Putin Convince Republicans to support RUSSIA", from that article?

Legend
Legend
It's Russia season again.

Dupe me once? "Give me more!"
Dupe me twice? "More, more!!"

"Would you like us to dupe you again?"
"Yes, yes, I'm waay too stupid to think for myself!"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

From the article above: “This is how it works,” U.S. Rep. Tim Burchett (R-TN) told far-right podcast host Benny Johnson (video ).

Keep in mind, this is a Republican talking about the subject of "blackmail" on a REPUBLICAN Podcast.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Answer this question...

...Does Russian/Putin have any influence over the Republicans or Trump..?

Legend
Legend
It's election season, Arch. You just insert the word "Russia" everywhere until the brain dead repeat it like zombies.

Remember Russian collusion and how Trump used them to steal the election?

Remember the Russian disinformation laptop and how it was sequestered until after the next election?

"Russia, Russia, Russia"

That's all you're going to hear for the next eight months. Mark my words.

And StateTV will toe the line with every story. Russians will be spying in your window as directed by Trump. Russians will be putting cats in trees all over your neighborhood... and then they'll hack your Fire Department computers so they can't come save them. Russians will have a signed agreement with Trump exchanging a new Russian wife for our nuclear codes.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
Answer this question...

Yes, but only on DawgTalkers.

Luckily we have a new training regimen to avoid all injury. We learned it hiding under our desks in grade school.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by mac
Answer this question...

If your claim is politicians of ALL parties are subject to this, ok. But your title is, uh, ...........well, a pathetic one. I think you missed the gist of the article. Typical, though.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
It's Russia season again.

Dupe me once? "Give me more!"
Dupe me twice? "More, more!!"

"Would you like us to dupe you again?"
"Yes, yes, I'm waay too stupid to think for myself!"

It's a good thing France didn't say that during the Revolutionary war or we may still be under British rule. But Republicans are trying to gift Ukraine to Russia.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It all began with Trump soliciting Russia to go after Hillary.

Donny Boy has man-love for Vlad, remember Helsinki.

It all went downhill from there.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
I guess we have a couple DTers who suddenly realized the source for this article telling everyone how the GOP gets it's self Blackmailed once they get to Wash DC...is one of their OWN Republicans.

They are hard to find but I guess U.S. Rep. Tim Burchett (R-TN) must love America more than many of his fellow GOPers who seem to be reluctant fess up why they suddenly love Russia and Putin more than they love the USA.

At least we know how some manage to get themselves compromised by some of the oldest Cons the world has known sex/women/men/drugs/booze.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's funny how there were two parts to that investigation. The first part was did Russia interfere in the election. The second part was did trump have any ties to Russia interfering in the election. They always want to talk about the part that wasn't proven while refusing to mention the part that was proven. Russia interfered in that election to help trump.

Senate panel finds Russia interfered in the 2016 U.S. election

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/senate-panel-finds-russia-interfered-in-the-2016-us-election

Senate Intel report confirms Russia aimed to help Trump in 2016

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...ussia-aimed-to-help-trump-in-2016-198171

Not only that, they tried again in 2020....

US intelligence report says Russia used Trump allies to influence 2020 election with goal of ‘denigrating’ Biden

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/16/politics/us-election-intel-report/index.html

And they have been and will continue to interfere......

Russia's Prigozhin admits interfering in U.S. elections

LONDON, Nov 7 (Reuters) - Russian businessman Yevgeny Prigozhin said on Monday he had interfered in U.S. elections and would continue doing so in future, the first such admission from a figure implicated by Washington in efforts to influence American politics.

In comments posted by the press service of his Concord catering firm on Russia's Facebook equivalent VKontakte, Prigozhin said: "We have interfered (in U.S. elections), we are interfering and we will continue to interfere. Carefully, accurately, surgically and in our own way, as we know how to do."

The remark by the close ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin was posted on the eve of the U.S. midterm elections in response to a request for comment from a Russian news site.

"During our pinpoint operations, we will remove both kidneys and the liver at once," Prigozhin said. He did not elaborate on the cryptic comment.
Prigozhin, who is often referred to as "Putin's chef" because his catering company operates Kremlin contracts, has been formally accused of sponsoring Russia-based "troll farms" that seek to influence U.S. politics.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/russias-prigozhin-admits-interfering-us-elections-2022-11-07/

Of course they avoid that part as if it's the plague. All but the antivaccers. They invite the plague.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
No, no. You have a millions of Republicans wise enough to realize it's Russia Season, maybe a few hundred Democrats as well, although most seem pretty gullible.

These articles will flood StateTV until the election. By next week we'll have Republicans kidnapping and eating babies and then selling the stem cells to Putin.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Originally Posted by mac
Answer this question...

If your claim is politicians of ALL parties are subject to this, ok. But your title is, uh, ...........well, a pathetic one. I think you missed the gist of the article. Typical, though.

arch...this is not a "both parties do it" issue...

First, Putin had to have a "willing partner" that wanted to see Biden and Dems defeated in next elections...so "common sense" should tell you that he would find that willing partner with similar values in the GOP.

Knowing how "easy" it is to sway Republicans, with Trump being Putin's prime example...the GOP would be Putin's most logical choice to flip via Russia's old blackmail tactics.

One of the quickest ways for Putins scheme to be exposed would be to attempt to compromise a Dem.

It comes down to individual values.

Last edited by mac; 02/24/24 12:49 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, factually the Republican House is gifting Ukraine to Russia. That's something we should all be hearing about. Only those who choose to be deaf on the issue will try to act as though it's someone elses fault.

"Don't talk about it!" lmao

But no, they haven't started eating babies.... yet.

You must have forgotten about the pedophile ring Hillary was running at that pizza shop basement in D.C. The one that guy took an AR15 into. You remember, the basement of a pizza shop that had no basement.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by mac
I guess we have a couple DTers who suddenly realized the source for this article telling everyone how the GOP gets it's self Blackmailed once they get to Wash DC...is one of their OWN Republicans.

Just because he's a republican does NOT mean he's speaking of only republicans. Common sense for most, I know.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Watching Trumpians wiggle and worm when they know the guy they plan to vote for does or causes more controversy. Supporting Putin, supporting a traitor for POTUS, fascism, weaponized religion, bigotry, asinine conspiracy theories, low brow own the libs mentality… this is the state of the GOPer party and they are in shambles. They damn sure aren’t republican either… they are, whatever the hell they are… they don’t even know.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't really disagree that politicians on both sides are guilty of this. Yet he pointed the finger directly at Republicans in this case.

The Russians do that. And I’m sure members of Congress have been caught up – why in the world would good conservatives vote for crazy stuff like what we’ve been saying out of Congress?”

I think that's rather clear.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It's probably not going to work this time. But I give y'all an 'A' for effort. Besides what else do you have besides Sleepy Joe running into walls and falling up stairs?

[Linked Image from ocregister.com]

A
Legend
Legend
A
Neat. He also said: "they’re the ones out on the tarmac when the President comes and visits, and, whichever party they’re in, they’re always either out on the tarmac or in the private room. They’re the ones that write the big checks.”

P
Legend
Legend
P
Which as I told you, I agree it happens in both parties. But some people on here try to pretend it only happens in one of them.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Aw. Another sleepy Joe whatabout.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's probably not going to work this time. But I give y'all an 'A' for effort. Besides what else do you have besides Sleepy Joe running into walls and falling up stairs?

[Linked Image from ocregister.com]

Yes! Let go of democracy! That little thing standing in the way of far right asshats’ dreams of a fascist state.

Legend
Legend
Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder.

"It's a Threat to Democracy!!" Everything is a threat to democracy, especially actual democracy.

P
Legend
Legend
P
January 6th isn't what democracy looks like. Trying to pressure state officials to find you votes in an attempt to overturn an election isn't what democracy looks like. Appointing fake electors to try and overturn an election isn't what democracy looks like. You may need a refresher course in Democracy.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder.

"It's a Threat to Democracy!!" Everything is a threat to democracy, especially actual democracy.

Exactly what a fascist threat to democracy would say.

Legend
Legend
It also makes no sense to call everyone an insurrectionist who doesn't agree with. Unless you're twelve... or have an IQ of 75... or both.

Wow, this actually explains a lot.

Nice try with you #fauxoutrage though. Gold star for you. rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm sorry that someone has to explain to you that what you support is not what democracy looks like. Not so long ago such an explanation wouldn't have been necessary. Since you brought up IQ scores.

And as I've explained to you many times, I'm not outraged by it. I've grown to expect it and you never seem to disappoint.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
It also makes no sense to call everyone an insurrectionist who doesn't agree with. Unless you're twelve... or have an IQ of 75... or both.

Wow, this actually explains a lot.

Nice try with you #fauxoutrage though. Gold star for you. rofl

My IQ is high 130s. I’m also older and wiser than you. And when I see posts like yours have read for quite some time. I see a guy who not only condones and supports all the crap MAGA is doing, including insurrection, but also justifies and applauds it OR provides cover for those who espouse it.

Insurrectionist is mild compared to the things traitors should be called.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/24/24 01:42 PM.

Legend
Legend
rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm going to explain this in a civilized manner. Not for you because you'll just blow it off. Maybe even use a mindless meme in the process. However other people read this board so this is for them, not you. But this is actually where we are. I'm not a Joe Biden fan. I think he is a terrible candidate for re-election. I've taken heat for saying that before and probably will again this time. So I wanted to make that clear.

I'm left with one of two choices here. Neither are good ones. Trump or Biden. You will be left with these same choices as well in the end if you plan to vote for anyone who has a chance in hell of being elected president.

trump brought those people together claiming the election was stolen. He and his cronies who he had speak at that rally on Jan. 6th inspired what happened that day. They actually sent that that crowd to the Capital. trump has undermined the legitimacy of that election ever since and continues to until this very day. He actually called multiple states to try to get them to find him votes and refuse to certify their states electorates. There were several states who actually appointed fake electors to overturn the election. That is not democracy by anyone's standards.

So I have one of two choices here. To either spend my time undermining Biden like you have chosen to do which in effect supports the other side. It bolsters the notion that somehow he is the worse of the two choices. That he is unfit to be president while not questioning that trump is not unfit as well to be president.

So your posts do support those who orchestrated an insurrection. It supports the most anti-democratic man who has ever sat in The White House and his accomplices. I know you fully realize this no matter how much you play the denial game. So I don't count you as an insurrectionist. I count you as one who is working hard to get an insurrectionist elected to the presidency again by undermining the only candidate that can prevent that from happening.

I don't like the choices either. I'm not happy that both parties have given us the choices they have. I have chosen not to undermine the only person who can prevent a man who lacks the ability to know what democracy means, has proven time and time again that he doesn't give a damn about anything other than tearing this nation apart, playing the strong man role and stabbing democracy in the back.

You on the other hand have made a different choice.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I already told you who you'll be voting for, a year ago, you just haven't bought in yet.

They'll pull the plug on Joe pretty soon.

Don't worry, we'll have four more years of handouts to the rich and poor and a chainsaw to the middle class. Especially the dirty, dirty whites. At least this puppet will close the border.

[Linked Image from bunkstrutts.files.wordpress.com]

P
Legend
Legend
P
Now if you could only commit yourself to undermining both of the current choices your post might be taken a little more seriously. As of now you seem to be undermining only one of the two choices that most everyone else will be voting for. I'm not fooling myself into thinking that voting for someone who has a zero chance has a chance to change the reality of the situation. I mean it's a great gesture of standing against the status quo of the two party system and all. But in the meanwhile attacking one side of the status quo while refusing to stand against the other side of it seems quite insincere.

And unless he can write immigration laws he can't close the border.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
took a while, but KGB does what KGB always does: spy and infiltrate. There are no ex-spies.

I thought we were ALL made aware of that fact when a Russian woman who was heavily involved with the NRA was outed as a spy a few years ago.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don’t get it, bro. I just don’t get it.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You’re a smart guy. Can I ask you, honestly, when you piece together the Russian interference, the fact Trump egg shells like crazy when it comes to Putin, Carlson, Vance, the resistance on providing Ukraine with funding, you can’t tell me you don’t have zero concern on this thread topic, do you?

I’ll even set aside the collusion and assume it didn’t exist in the least. All that other stuff though to me is frightening.

I’ll say that this does nothing to absolve the Dems of their ineptitudes and sure they’ll seize on it politically, but it doesn’t make it less concerning to me at all.

Oh, and whatnot whatnot whatnot whatnot.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
The KGB does need a reliable partner to pull off their Blackmail schemes...

All it takes is one unfortunate accident to keep everyone in line...

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
The American political right’s complicated internal debate over Russia and Vladimir Putin is coming to a head.

17 Feb. 2024
link

Even as congressional Republicans this week were threatening to cut off Ukraine aid once and for all, former president Donald Trump floated the idea that he would encourage Putin to attack NATO countries that didn’t pay enough; Tucker Carlson set about what was effectively a pro-Russian propaganda tour in which he downplayed Putin’s killing of political opponents; and then top Putin opposition leader Alexei Navalny was reported dead in prison.

The confluence of events has suddenly led to some stark comments from the more anti-Putin wing of the Republican Party, which set about deriding any Putin apologists and Russian propagandists in their midst.

Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) called Carlson Russia’s “useful idiot.” After Navalny’s death, he added: “History will not be kind to those in America who make apologies for Putin and praise Russian autocracy. Nor will history be kind to America’s leaders who stay silent because they fear backlash from online pundits.”Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex.) urged fellow Republican and Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton to “spend less time pushing Russian propaganda.”A top political aide to Sen. Todd Young (R-Ind.) promoted Young’s denunciation of Navalny’s death by saying, “My U.S. Senator is not a venal Putin apologist, but I’m less sure about yours.”Presidential candidate Nikki Haley said Navalny was killed by the “same Putin who Donald Trump praises and defends.” Haley soon noted that, while Trump weighed in repeatedly on NATO this week and posted dozens of times on Truth Social on Friday, he hasn’t yet mentioned Navalny.Former Trump vice president Mike Pence posted, more generally, “There is no room in the Republican Party for apologists for Putin.”

Despite Pence’s contention, the events this week showed that’s not really the case with the broader right. In addition to Carlson’s comments about Putin’s killing opponents, former congressman Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.) and conservative influencers quickly likened Navalny’s death to Trump’s criminal charges. Trump himself has frequently echoed Carlson’s reluctance to cast judgment on Putin, and his lack of comment Friday has been conspicuous — to say the least.

The thing about the Republican Party is that it’s not so much that it likes Putin or even thinks he’s an okay guy. Polling last year showed fewer than 1 in 10 Republicans had a favorable view of Putin or trusted him to do the right thing on the world stage, and Republicans said 76 percent to 16 percent that Putin is a war criminal. These are not in line with Carlson’s professed worldview.

But a significant and influential segment of the party has demonstrated a tendency toward a brand of moral relativism and even authoritarianism that creates an opening for giving Putin a pass.

A number I keep coming back to: Shortly after it was revealed in late 2016 that Russia interfered in the 2016 election to help Trump, an Economist/YouGov poll showed a sharp increase in favorable GOP views of Putin. Suddenly, 37 percent had a favorable view, and 47 percent had an unfavorable one. Just 14 percent had a “very” unfavorable view of him.

Early 2017 Gallup data echoed this. It showed 32 percent of Republicans suddenly liked the man who had just interfered in an American election.

As you can see from the above chart, the honeymoon didn’t last. Putin just as quickly fell out of favor even on the right. He then became a pariah in both parties after he invaded Ukraine in early 2022, ranking among the most disliked foreign figures in modern U.S. political history.

That remains the case.

But if anything, it suggested that much of the GOP’s views of Putin were malleable. Whether nearly 4 in 10 Republicans briefly liked him because they believed he had done Trump a solid or because of negative partisanship (“Democrats are attacking Putin and suggesting Trump’s election was illegitimate because of Putin,” the thinking might go), there was some real softness in its anti-Putin character.

Another poll I keep coming back to comes from Vanderbilt University last year. Even a year into Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, it showed a majority of MAGA Republicans (52 percent) said Putin was a better president than Joe Biden.

Maybe these Republicans just disliked Biden that much, or maybe they saw something admirable in Putin’s strongman mystique (a sentiment Trump has spent years cultivating). It certainly wouldn’t be the only evidence of Trump supporters flirting with the merits of authoritarianism.

Regardless, the data show how, when these loud voices on the right project softness on Putin or his invasion of Ukraine, there’s a willingness to hear that out — even if the base doesn’t actually like Putin. Influential voices on the right have spent years creating a permission structure for shrugging at things like Navalny’s death (see: Jamal Khashoggi). And there’s been little in the way of a desire to fight back against these noisy and influential forces — in part because that would entail going against the most powerful Republican and the onetime most influential conservative commentator.

Republican Russia hawks have increasingly lost the will to fight those battles, as their response to Trump’s NATO comments demonstrated just a few short days ago. We’ll see whether events from later in the week — and the very real threat of Ukraine being cut off — change that.

This post appeared first on The Washington Post

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That encompasses pretty much every intuition, thought and concern I have had all boiled into one.

This is a real mirror moment for conservatives. Where do WE stand on the issue?

I want to see Russia pay and feel the might if our prowess. I want them to envy our political system and our politicians, not manipulate it/them. I still have pride in this country on the international stage. I still want to remain the beacon, not be subservient.

If you are conservative, this is a time/issue to voice your opinion. The current Republican front runner is compromised on this issue. It’s clear from just about every piece of evidence out there. His loyalists (Vance, Carlson, Trump Jr, et al) are compromised, based on a common sense review of their actions.

I’m obviously very passionate on this, and I probably struggle to express exactly why for a myriad of reasons, but if we had this kind of dynamic or this kind of opportunity during Reagan or Nixon or Eisenhower when it comes to despotic Russia, what would we have done? Be honest with yourselves.

Surely this band of people who call themselves Conservative (TM) have lost their way or are trying to manipulate the minds of those loyal to the brand.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
took a while, but KGB does what KGB always does: spy and infiltrate. There are no ex-spies.

I thought we were ALL made aware of that fact when a Russian woman who was heavily involved with the NRA was outed as a spy a few years ago.

True. They’ve obviously infiltrated the GOP.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus How did Putin Convince Republicans to support RUSSIA

Link Copied to Clipboard