Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Sorry guys. The replies by the same people border on perverse.

If that's how you have decided to define comments you don't like so be it. But for the most part they are true. To be a multi billionaire you must have a combination of liquid and other assets that in combination adds up to that total. A self described real estate mogul and multi billionaire should be able to come up with less than half a billion in assets and funds with which to make that bond. If not he is most likely lying about being a multi billionaire. I have no idea what you find perverse about that. Maybe it's some of the hyperbole blended in?

Quit. Like you know what the hell you are talking about.

Just shut up.

I have 2 commas in my account. Do you?

I am not putting you down, but I don't think you know how money works or how liquidity works.

Stay in the lane.

I will admit, I don't have 3 commas, so I don't have a clue how that works. Long way from 3 commas.

Very few Billionaires can come up with a 1/2 a billion on short notice. (musk, gates, bezos, buffett etc.) If they're smart, it's invested in something that may take a more than a moment to get the cash out. Trumps lawyers say they went to over 30 bond companies and nobody wanted the deal with Real estate as collateral. (saw a funny meme with Tom Selleck saying, "It's called a reverse mortgage LOL) I'm not sure if that means they don't trust the valuation of Trumps holdings or if they are too highly leveraged or they just don't want to mess with his holdings. That's messy business.

So it's cash or nothing. Or so it appears.

So what are his options? Get the court to modify the amount or remove the need for the bond? Get someone or group of someones to put up the cash for him? It's not an easy situation to deal with for any person, including a person of means. But it's like the theme to the old Starsky and Hutch TV show says, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time"! In this case it's don't do the crime if you can't pay the bill!

A good post. It's fair, but I don't agree with the last comment.

It's a BS ruling. I am not even commenting on whether it is a matter of guilt. More about the way it is set. The judge could have put a lien on something. Heck, the judge valued his home in in Palm Beach at $18 million. One acre lots sell for $20 mil on the ocean. His is like 25 . It's crazy.
No doubt NY is doing everything they can to ramrod this guy to the ground.

Like him or not, everybody should be concerned with what is happening here. It's blood thirst. The deep state is real and you should be concerned. You can't seize propertry after 30 days. In the courts it can take years.

Heck, look at California. They are trying to say you can't move out of the state without saying you won't owe taxes for years in the future

Call me old fashioned, but this is America. You can live wherever you want or do business wherever you want. Now California is trying to hold people and business hostage.

WTF?

What does California have to do with this? Or is this just you airing your anger over something that doesn't concern you?

BS Ruling, maybe. I'm not an expert but I'd bet there are differing opinions on that.

Be that as it may, it's the ruling and he has to deal with it. Crying about how he's the victim is worthless. I'd bet most except those that continue to make excuses for him don't care,

As for this being America, yeah, it's the American way to pay what you owe. If you don't, you pay a price over and above your initial debt. (fines or penalties)

I don't know if you have a mortgage on your home or car, but if you don't pay the note, they tack on late fees. You go look, it's in the contract you signed.

Yours and some others inability to see this for what it is cracks me up. If it were Biden or Obama in financial or legal trouble you'd be cheering for these actions.

As far as the "Deep State",, You bet it's real. But it's not what YOU think.

The deep state is made up of the privileged folks that have taken those that are not sophisticated and trained them to think they are the same.

Follow the Money Peen. Look who is trying to skirt election laws. Look who is leading mobs of people. Those are the elites that Democrats are often being touted as being the "deep state"!

So please spare me the Faux outrage.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Originally Posted by Swish
So if Trump supporters donate their money to help pay his bill, and he wins appeal, do they get their money back? Or does Trump keep that, as well?

Why would you care who I give money to or if I get it back?? I don't care what you do with your money except that you seem ingrained in to that and we have talked about on several occasions in PM's. I care about what you do in the sense that you succeed, but in the end you make your own decisions.

I don't like Trump, but I don't like what the left is doing. It's dangerous.

I think he's speaking more to the Trump-side rather than the donor-side, the core question being will Trump give the bond money back or will he keep it in that hypothetical.

I think I am coincidently more in line with the conclusion that you gave, though. IMHO, if people are willing to donate money to a guy who was just found liable for fraud, to essentially pay for the judgment finding him liable for fraud, and expect to get their money back, well then I don't know what to tell them...

I think a lot of people think there's a slim chance that a judge that's not corrupt may preside over the appeals case. You know, one who won't publicly declare the defendant "guilty" before the case begins. One who won't shut down a business, the only such case in 70 years, without obvious victims and major losses. One who may agree that a half billion dollar fine is waay out of line. One who may even listen to witnesses who insist they were happy to lend the money and wanted to lend more, who said they do their own due-diligence in every case and don't rely on the valuations from the company they're loaning the money... in this case, a company that openly said their opinions on valuations are their own and the lender should do their own research. One who realizes all loans were paid back in full and scratches his/her head to wonder why a case was brought in the first place.

I'm trying to imagine a high-profile case where a minority is accused of a victimless crime. I imagine a judge declaring that person's guilt before the trial begins and vowing to ruin his life. The next part doesn't even require much imagination. There would be fire and destruction outside the courthouse, riots and looting in the streets, the judge would be removed, tarred, feathered, and marched through the street, his life ruined forever. I know it, you know it, everybody knows it. thumbsup

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
So if Trump supporters donate their money to help pay his bill, and he wins appeal, do they get their money back? Or does Trump keep that, as well?

Why would you care who I give money to or if I get it back?? I don't care what you do with your money except that you seem ingrained in to that and we have talked about on several occasions in PM's. I care about what you do in the sense that you succeed, but in the end you make your own decisions.

lol I was just asking a question. I mean if I gave a billionaire money to pay his bills, I would hope said billionaire would be courteous enough to pay me back.

You can do whatever you please with your money, even if that means donating it to a billionaire lol.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
He is struggling to secure a loan using the value of his assets to appeal a judgment for hyping up the value of his assets to secure favorable loans. Pffft trump.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P

The legal system isn't the left. You seem to claim that the court following legal procedures is somehow nefarious. This is simply the way the system works. It only becomes "not fair" when trump has to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
FYI he was found guilty of a crime. Victims have nothing to do with it. Falsified documents to secure favorable loans is against the law. trump saved billions of dollars by lying. Time to pay up or STFU.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think his response was odd. You asked if "a trump supporter" would get their money back. Peen responded with "Why would you care who I give money to or if I get it back??"

Then later claimed "I don't like Trump".

So does this indicate he is a trump supporter who doesn't like him?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
He based him being guilty on a judgement that had already established his guilt. He didn't get two bites of the apple on his guilt. This trial was only to determine the amount of the damages based on the previous judgement of his guilt.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

The legal system isn't the left. You seem to claim that the court following legal procedures is somehow nefarious. This is simply the way the system works. It only becomes "not fair" when trump has to follow the same rules as everyone else.

What are the risks when you lie on your loan application?
If the lender catches you lying on your application, losing the loan will be the least of your worries. You could go to jail because fibbing on a loan application is a crime. According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), making false statements on loan applications is a white-collar crime and is punishable by up to 30 years of imprisonment.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
I think his response was odd. You asked if "a trump supporter" would get their money back. Peen responded with "Why would you care who I give money to or if I get it back??"

Then later claimed "I don't like Trump".

So does this indicate he is a trump supporter who doesn't like him?

I only know 1 poster here that claims they like or even voted for trump, most know the backlash of declaring that tidbit here. Lol

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
So he claimed it was impossible for him to pay his bond while he now claims to have the cash. rofl

You just have to try and figure out which one is the lie as per usual with him......

Trump Confesses He Has the Money to Post Bond Amid Bizarre Meltdown

Donald Trump is close to the deadline to post bond in his fraud trial—and he’s straight up losing it.

After having reached out to several guarantors and 30 suretors for help posting his $464 million New York bank fraud bond, Donald Trump suddenly wants everyone to know he actually does have the cash.

In a bizarre rant on Friday morning, the man who was found to have defrauded banks and investors by overvaluing himself and the value of his properties claimed that he had accrued the wealth by way of “HARD WORK, TALENT, AND LUCK.”

Trump also admitted he has nearly half a billion dollars in cash. Here is what he posted on Truth Social.....

THROUGH HARD WORK, TALENT, AND LUCK, I CURRENTLY HAVE ALMOST FIVE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS IN CASH, A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF WHICH I INTENDED TO USE IN MY CAMPAIGN FOR PRESIDENT. THE OFTEN OVERTURNED POLITICAL HACK JUDGE ON THE RIGGED AND CORRUPT A.G. CASE, WHERE I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG, KNEW THIS, WANTED TO TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME, AND THAT’S WHERE AND WHY HE CAME UP WITH THE SHOCKING NUMBER WHICH, COUPLED WITH HIS CRAZY INTEREST DEMAND, IS APPROXIMATELY $454,000,000. I DID NOTHING WRONG EXCEPT WIN AN ELECTION IN 2016 THAT I WASN’T EXPECTED TO WIN, DID EVEN BETTER IN 2020, AND NOW LEAD, BY A LOT, IN 2024.THIS IS COMMUNISM IN AMERICA!

The confession directly contradicts a filing from his legal team last month arguing that it would be “impossible” to secure a bond covering the full amount of the multimillion-dollar ruling.

Trump’s words will surely help out New York Attorney General Letitia James, who on Wednesday urged an appeals court to ignore Donald Trump’s latest effort to worm his way out of paying the $464 million disgorgement from his bank fraud trial.
The former president has until Monday to pay off the half a billion dollar disgorgement—and if he doesn’t, James can begin taking steps to seize his assets to cover the debt, including 40 Wall Street and Trump Tower.

But Trump is juggling more than the fine deadline. Paying out of pocket could potentially put a major Wall Street deal on the line for the former president, as well. On Friday, investors in Truth Social are expected to sign off on a deal that would allow the company to go public, potentially offering a gigantic financial windfall for the GOP presidential pick. In a public version of the company, which would begin trading in just a few weeks, Trump would own at least 58 percent of the shares—a stake valued at $3 billion, reported Politico.

It would, however, trip him up in the short term. In order to begin the process, Trump would need to tie up his shares of the company in a lock-up agreement for the next six months, and any potential offloading by the former president could be seen as cataclysmic to a deal that rides on his involvement.

https://newrepublic.com/post/180055/trump-confesses-money-bond-fraud-trial

Lying to the court never usually turns out to be a good thing.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
FYI he was found guilty of a crime. Victims have nothing to do with it. Falsified documents to secure favorable loans is against the law. trump saved billions of dollars by lying. Time to pay up or STFU.

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

Deutsche Bank testified that the rates would have been the same regardless of his valuations.

And what makes the documents false? Because a corrupt judge says so? The same judge that valued Mar-a-Lago at 18M when the rest of the planet says it's in the neighborhood of 25x that much. rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
Now if it had only been Deutsche Bank and a single infraction you may have something left to cling to. But it happened over and over again for a period of years.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE

Deutsche Bank testified that the rates would have been the same regardless of his valuations.

And what makes the documents false? Because a corrupt judge says so? The same judge that valued Mar-a-Lago at 18M when the rest of the planet says it's in the neighborhood of 25x that much. rofl

trump is the the rest of the planet to you. rofl And MAR-a-“Legos” is just the tip of the iceberg in falsifying documents for all the loans he had over the years. And if his properties are truly worth what he say they are. Why can’t he secure a loan? Should be peanuts for a multi billionaire to secure.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I think he's speaking more to the Trump-side rather than the donor-side, the core question being will Trump give the bond money back or will he keep it in that hypothetical.

I think I am coincidently more in line with the conclusion that you gave, though. IMHO, if people are willing to donate money to a guy who was just found liable for fraud, to essentially pay for the judgment finding him liable for fraud, and expect to get their money back, well then I don't know what to tell them...

I think a lot of people think there's a slim chance that a judge that's not corrupt may preside over the appeals case. You know, one who won't publicly declare the defendant "guilty" before the case begins. One who won't shut down a business, the only such case in 70 years, without obvious victims and major losses. One who may agree that a half billion dollar fine is waay out of line. One who may even listen to witnesses who insist they were happy to lend the money and wanted to lend more, who said they do their own due-diligence in every case and don't rely on the valuations from the company they're loaning the money... in this case, a company that openly said their opinions on valuations are their own and the lender should do their own research. One who realizes all loans were paid back in full and scratches his/her head to wonder why a case was brought in the first place.

I'm trying to imagine a high-profile case where a minority is accused of a victimless crime. I imagine a judge declaring that person's guilt before the trial begins and vowing to ruin his life. The next part doesn't even require much imagination. There would be fire and destruction outside the courthouse, riots and looting in the streets, the judge would be removed, tarred, feathered, and marched through the street, his life ruined forever. I know it, you know it, everybody knows it. thumbsup

Question for clarification - what was he found guilty of?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Eeeeasy answer.

Being Donald Trump.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

One of the many, countless rulings from the judge that says you wrong. And there are plenty more. It is on page 10. If you want, a link to the whole ruling is posted at the end. Have someone read it to you.

Haigh affirmed that the Private Wealth Management Division would not have done business
with Donald Trump without a personal guarantee, and that the personal guarantee was the reason
for favorable pricing on the loan and the large size of the loan itself. TT 1017, 1020-1021, 1032.
The Doral loan was conditioned on certain continuing covenants. One such covenant required
Donald Trump to maintain a minimum net worth of $2.5 billion, excluding any value related to
his brand. PX 293; TT 1024. As the “ultimate signer” of the credit risk management team,
Haigh determined the required amount of Donald Trump’s minimum net worth “in order to make
sure that the bank would be fully protected under adverse market conditions.” TT 1025-1026. In
the event of a default of any of the covenants, Haigh stated the bank would have “various
remedies … which it can pursue like waiving the breach, which it might do for an
inconsequential breach; negotiating some variation of the terms of the loan; or potentially
accelerating the loan and ask for repayment.” TT 1028.
The covenant obligated Donald Trump to provide an annual financial statement. Haigh stressed
that the annual SFCs were required because “[t]he bank wants to be sure that the client’s
financial strength is being maintained and also the bank wants to be able to test its covenants
periodically,” and that “[t]he bank would use the financial information that [the client] provided
to test itself to try and ensure that the client is in compliance with those covenants.” TT 1022-

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4473139-trump-354-million-civil-fraud-decision-read/

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by northlima dawg

One of the many, countless rulings from the judge that says you wrong. And there are plenty more. It is on page 10. If you want, a link to the whole ruling is posted at the end. Have someone read it to you.

Haigh affirmed that the Private Wealth Management Division would not have done business
with Donald Trump without a personal guarantee, and that the personal guarantee was the reason
for favorable pricing on the loan and the large size of the loan itself. TT 1017, 1020-1021, 1032.
The Doral loan was conditioned on certain continuing covenants. One such covenant required
Donald Trump to maintain a minimum net worth of $2.5 billion, excluding any value related to
his brand. PX 293; TT 1024. As the “ultimate signer” of the credit risk management team,
Haigh determined the required amount of Donald Trump’s minimum net worth “in order to make
sure that the bank would be fully protected under adverse market conditions.” TT 1025-1026. In
the event of a default of any of the covenants, Haigh stated the bank would have “various
remedies … which it can pursue like waiving the breach, which it might do for an
inconsequential breach; negotiating some variation of the terms of the loan; or potentially
The covenant obligated Donald Trump to provide an annual financial statement. Haigh stressed
that the annual SFCs were required because “[t]he bank wants to be sure that the client’s
financial strength is being maintained and also the bank wants to be able to test its covenants
periodically,” and that “[t]he bank would use the financial information that [the client] provided
to test itself to try and ensure that the client is in compliance with those covenants.” TT 1022-

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4473139-trump-354-million-civil-fraud-decision-read/

Please explain how that has anything to do with anything I said.

Legend
Legend
Eeeeasy answer.

Being Donald Trump.

Yep, being trump means lying on loan applications. Found guilty of falsifying loan applications. White collar crimes are what GOPers are all about. If you ain’t cheating you ain’t winning, right?

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Yep. thumbsup

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/22/business/trump-media-merger-truth-social.html

Former President Donald Trump stands at an outdoor podium with a large microphone, wearing a red hat that has "45-47" written on the side.
The deal’s approval comes as Donald Trump is facing a deadline to cover a $454 million penalty in a civil fraud case in New York.Credit...Maddie McGarvey for The New York Times
Matthew Goldstein

By Matthew Goldstein
March 22, 2024Updated 1:43 p.m. ET

Former President Donald J. Trump’s social media company — and the parent of his favorite digital communications platform, Truth Social — merged with a shell company on Friday, raising Mr. Trump’s wealth by about $3 billion and potentially providing him a fresh source of cash to pay his mounting legal bills.

Investors in the shell entity, Digital World Acquisition Corporation, will now become shareholders of Trump Media & Technology Group, a three-year-old company that could begin trading on the stock market as early as Monday under the stock symbol DJT. The deal will transfer more than $300 million from Digital World’s coffers to Trump Media, a struggling business with little revenue, and allow Truth Social to keep operating.

Based on the $44-per-share price of Digital World just before Friday’s vote was announced, Trump Media will debut with a market value of more than $5 billion. Given that he owns more than 60 percent of the company, Mr. Trump’s net worth will increase by $3 billion — instantly doubling his wealth from the $2.6 billion estimate by Forbes magazine in October.

So far, those gains are on paper, and Mr. Trump is unlikely to be able to quickly turn it into cash because of restrictions in the merger agreement that prevent major shareholders from selling shares for at least six months, or using them as collateral for loans. But because Mr. Trump controls so much of Trump Media, and because his allies are expected to make up a majority of the new board, it’s possible they may waive those restrictions upon his request.

Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

The question of where Mr. Trump can raise cash has become an urgent one because he is on the hook for hundreds of millions of dollars of legal bills tied to the multiple cases against him. Mr. Trump is facing a Monday deadline to cover a $454 million penalty in a civil fraud case brought by the New York State attorney general, which accuses him of greatly inflating the value of his real estate holdings in deals with banks. If Mr. Trump cannot come up with the cash or a bond to cover the penalty while he appeals the ruling, the attorney general’s office could seize some of his properties.
Turmoil at the National Association of Realtors
The powerful real estate group, which is the largest professional organization in the United States, has come under increasing scrutiny.

A Landmark Deal: American homeowners could see a significant drop in the cost of selling their homes after National Association of Realtors agreed to eliminate the standard 6% sales commission.
Losing Its Grip: The group, which was delivered a one-two punch of scandals in 2023, is facing competition from a new trade group that was started by two prominent real estate agents.
Sudden Exits: The president of the N.A.R. resigned after just four months into her tenure, becoming the group’s second president to abruptly step down. The N.A.R.’s chief executive also recently resigned.
Harassment Allegations: The leadership exits come after The New York Times exposed complaints of sexual harassment in the N.A.R., including allegations against the group’s former president.

Before Friday’s meeting, the board of Digital World had the ability to waive the six-month restriction on selling shares, but didn’t take any action. That question will now pass to Trump Media’s new seven-member board, which includes Mr. Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., and three former members of his administration.

Before the merger closed, Mr. Trump was chairman of Trump Media but neither it nor Digital World disclosed whether he will continue to retain the title. Either way, Mr. Trump will hold enormous sway over the company because of his majority stake of 79 million shares and because his brand is critical to Trump Media’s success.

If Mr. Trump does not ask for, or secure, waivers to sell his shares, he will still come into a lot of cash when the six-month restriction ends. But there is no guarantee that the stock of Trump Media will continue to trade at its current levels. If the share price falls over the coming months, the sizable increase to his net worth could be smaller by September when he is free to sell his shares.

Many of Digital World’s 400,000 shareholders are ordinary investors and fans of Mr. Trump, whose enthusiasm about the former president has propped up the shares for years. But it remains to be seen whether they will hold on to the stock now that the merger is done.
Editors’ Picks
36 Hours in Cape Town
‘Knox Goes Away’ Review: A Not-So-Simple Plan
‘Dear Layla’: Letters for Sale From a Rock Music Love Triangle
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

In a statement before the vote, Trump Media said that “the merger will enable Truth Social to enhance and expand our platform.”

Our business reporters. Times journalists are not allowed to have any direct financial stake in companies they cover.

With the future of his real estate business in flux because of the ruling in the New York civil fraud case, Trump Media could become one of Mr. Trump’s main moneymakers — and a potential source of conflict should he win the presidency in November. Trump Media currently gets most of its revenue from Truth Social, its flagship platform where several upstart companies advertise their products, targeting Mr. Trump’s supporters and using slogans that are variations on America First or Make America Great Again.

The merger of Digital World and Trump Media, first proposed in October 2021, is one of the more high-profile deals to emerge from a strategy that many companies used to go public that was all the rage during the pandemic. Special purpose acquisition companies like Digital World are speculative investment vehicles set up for the purpose of raising money in an initial public offering and then finding an operating business to buy.

In going public through a [censored] merger, Trump Media is following other so-called alt-right businesses like Rumble, an online video streaming service that caters to right-leaning media personalities, and PublicSquare, which bills itself as an online marketplace for the “patriotic parallel economy.”

Trump Media took in just $3.3 million in advertising revenue on Truth Social during the first nine months of last year, and the company, during that period, incurred a net loss of $49 million.

Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

“It’s unclear to me what is the strategy to building out the platform especially so it may reach a broader advertiser,” said Shannon McGregor, a professor of journalism and media at the University of North Carolina. “There does seem to be a ceiling in these niche markets.”

The merger was almost derailed by a Securities and Exchange Commission investigation into deal talks between the two companies that took place before Digital World’s initial public offering. Securities rules prohibit SPACs from engaging in meaningful merger talks before going public.

But the deal got back on track after Digital World settled with the S.E.C. in July, agreeing to pay an $18 million penalty after the merger was completed and to revise its corporate filings.

After the deal was done on Friday, many shareholders and Trump fans celebrated online. Chad Nedohin, a vocal proponent of the merger on Truth Social, posted a livestream of the shareholder meeting on Rumble. In a chat room, viewers shared their enthusiasm for the deal, with messages such as “Great day to be alive” and “The day is finally here.”

Matthew Goldstein covers Wall Street and white-collar crime and housing issues. More about Matthew Goldstein

Related Content
More In Business

Maybe the courts will take this as collateral?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Well this is certainly interesting article that Pit posted.

Peen and FATE, y’all still donating to homeboy even though he just claimed he has the cash?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well this is certainly interesting article that Pit posted.

Peen and FATE, y’all still donating to homeboy even though he just claimed he has the cash?

He only posted that because all the networks (maybe except FOX and Newsmax) have been pointing out his lies about worth.

Now, if I'm the judge in this case, I'd freeze that money. He wouldn't be able to touch it. That's if it's in an account in his name. Not sure if you can touch his campaign account. Probably not.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not how it works for dupes bro. They have no choice, must send dear leader money… Like little old ladies on social security sending cash to the church.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Eeeeasy answer.

Being Donald Trump.

To a certain extent you are correct. His lawless pattern of behavior dictates he does not believe the rules apply to him. He thinks that he can't be beaten and if he is he tries to illegally change the outcome. He is a habitual liar. So you are correct that the people who act like trump are to be held accountable. And when they are we have people like you blaming it on everyone else in true trumpian form.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by northlima dawg

Please explain how that has anything to do with anything I said.

Well, you obviously quit.

Just an attempt to throw [censored] at the wall and see what sticks, and an extremely weak one at that.

First, let's back up one paragraph that you conveniently left out, my text will follow.

Before approving the credit facility, the Private Wealth Management Division consulted
Deutsche Bank’s Valuation Services Group about market conditions to arrive at a conservative
estimate of the value of the commercial real estate should a need arise to liquidate during “bad
market conditions.” TT 1013-1016. In so doing, the Valuation Services Group applied a 50%
“haircut” to the valuations presented by the client, which Haigh affirmed was the “standardized
number for commercial real assets.
”6 TT 1016, 1041.

So, everybody's stated assets are given a 50% haircut. I wonder why? Seems strange that a bank makes such large loans of their own free will using such a simple standard formula. One that allows for the exaggeration of asset value offered by every client.

Ah, so Trump's agreement to the loan allowed them to pierce the corporate shield and come after personal assets no matter what, even in the case of a bankruptcy. This favors Trump how?? rofl

So Trump had to adhere to additional conditions above the norm to adhere to the loan conditions, man he really drives a hard bargain! And their remedies include asking for immediate payment. Hmmm...

And even more conditions in the favor of the bank. Ones that will allow them to render the loan null and void and demand immediate collection if Trump failed to do something as simple as supplying annual proof of solvency and net worth.

I have no idea what you were attempting to do, but you pulled a championship-level Costanza, and did the exact opposite. 🤣

Thanks for helping me make my point!

Legend
Legend
Eeeeasy answer.

Being Donald Trump.

To a certain extent you are correct. His lawless pattern of behavior dictates he does not believe the rules apply to him. He thinks that he can't be beaten and if he is he tries to illegally change the outcome. He is a habitual liar. So you are correct that the people who act like trump are to be held accountable. And when they are we have people like you blaming it on everyone else in true trumpian form.

Pit@DawgTalkers says if you've committed a crime in the past, you're automatically guilty of any further crimes you're suspected of.

Thanks for bringing such insight to the conversation. It's not something we didn't know about you, but it's always nice to have clarification in black and white. thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
And then claiming he actually has that 500 million for his "campaign" flies in the face of what he has reported according to filings with the Federal Election Commission Wednesday night. His political action committee combined with his campaign raised 15.9 million in February with a total of 37 million on hand. So who is he lying to now?

Trump's latest 2024 campaign fundraising report shows him lagging behind Biden in cash
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wir...ndraising-report-shows-lagging-108348177

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Pit@DawgTalkers says if you've committed a crime in the past, you're automatically guilty of any further crimes you're suspected of.

Thanks for bringing such insight to the conversation. It's not something we didn't know about you, but it's always nice to have clarification in black and white. thumbsup

The evidence speaks volumes. What, you're not convinced because there's no DNA? Seems like I heard that one before.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Ah, now it's the evidence. Nice try.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

P
Legend
Legend
P
If you're not smart enough to figure out that when you appoint fake electors in seven swing states, tell election officials if they don't change their results that may be committing a crime and America won't stand for it among many other things is an attempt to overturn an election you are beyond help.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from images.squarespace-cdn.com]

P
Legend
Legend
P
Aw. Your ability to address the truth is beyond belief. You questioned my assertion if him having a lawless pattern of behavior. When I provided you with the evidence to back it up you avoid it at all costs by making sound as if that's my fault. You're really not very good at this. Your mindless meme does not apply here as per usual. It's all the weak ammunition you have to avoid the fact he does have a pattern of lawless behavior. If you could outgrow such childish behavior they may start allowing you to shop in the mens department again.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Nope.

Just not down with another day of Whack-A-Mole in #PitsWorld.

As for the other childish ish in that post -- "your mama".

P
Legend
Legend
P
Aw. Once again blaming me because you can't refute the facts. #thoughtsandprayers

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Eeeeasy answer.

Being Donald Trump.

Lol, I was actually being serious. Not trying to be an ass either. I knew that he had been found liable already and that the trial was about damages. But I didn't know if he had actually been found guilty in the case of a misdemeanor or something else. I figured not, but I don't know everything.

I think you and I depart when it comes to the judge for one basic reason: it did not have to be a bench trial. To my knowledge, Trump's team could have filed a request for trial by jury, but never did. He hired enough people who could have made an educated guess on that topic, but ultimately it would seem that they deemed going with Engoron to be fair. Also, it probably didn't help that they basically personally insulted him day after day during the trial.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Making the accused look like horrible people in court is what prosecutors do.There are times that I too don't believe that should allowed but as of now it's part of how courts are conducted all across the country. Overall I'm not a fan of prosecutors being elected officials. Their careers depend on a high percentage of guilty verdicts. Which I believe is why we have found that so many innocent people have been incarcerated since DNA has shown that to be true.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I meant Trump's team personally insulted the judge. I need to reduce my pronoun usage.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Eeeeasy answer.

Being Donald Trump.

Lol, I was actually being serious. Not trying to be an ass either. I knew that he had been found liable already and that the trial was about damages. But I didn't know if he had actually been found guilty in the case of a misdemeanor or something else. I figured not, but I don't know everything.

I think you and I depart when it comes to the judge for one basic reason: it did not have to be a bench trial. To my knowledge, Trump's team could have filed a request for trial by jury, but never did. He hired enough people who could have made an educated guess on that topic, but ultimately it would seem that they deemed going with Engoron to be fair. Also, it probably didn't help that they basically personally insulted him day after day during the trial.

Former President Donald Trump did not request a jury for his New York civil fraud trial, but even if he had asked for one, the answer would've been "no," a judge said Wednesday.

Judge Arthur Engoron addressed an issue that had been the subject of speculation on social media and by Trump himself, saying it "keeps coming up," even though he doesn't "read the papers or go online to read about" the trial.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-trial-no-jury-fraud-new-york-judge-arthur-engoron/

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, they along with trump have attacked the judge as well as the prosecutor over and over again. trump is still doing it to both. It seems as though his image and the image he wishes to portray means more to him that proper court decorum. That trying to claim the consequences for his own actions is someone elses fault is somehow a positive. I'm certainly not an attorney like you are but I've never known anyone in their right mind thinking that attacking the prosecutor and the judge was helpful to them in a court case. Be it civil or criminal.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump starts the Appeals process

Link Copied to Clipboard