Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
...Sadly, mac's hill isn't fancy enough for modern players....

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
This is a mole hill being made into a mountain situation.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
"No it's not! They cut out the hill in Berea. That's why all these players keep cramping up!"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
If only our S&C coaches were worthy of an A- instead of a B+...

Here's the full set of report cards. You can sort on any of the eleven criteria.
https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards-2024

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Atlanta Falcons S&C Coaches.. F- rofl

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
If only our S&C coaches were worthy of an A- instead of a B+...

Here's the full set of report cards. You can sort on any of the eleven criteria.
https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards-2024

mac posting multiple iterations of the report like it validates his original point. S&C coaches/staff got higher grades. It's the weight room itself and locker room (not even a room, a section of the indoor field that has the equipment set out... this was a hold-over from COVID, and I believe the old weight room was repurposed for other stuff (cryo chamber, etc).

Browns are supposedly in the process of putting together a new weight room.

What I found odd was comparing the grades vs the rankings. B+ for the S&C staff is good but the ranking is low. Seems weird.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
[color:#FFFFCC]The Browns were one of if not the most injured team in the NFL during the 2023/24 season. I seem to take this issue more seriously than most simply because the Browns have NO FIX for the injury problem and there is no sense of urgency as the Browns ownership and management teams have gotten away with the old, lame excuse..it's just the Browns "bad luck"...

...to that excuse, I say BS.

Why do the Browns have such a high rate of injuries?

What are the Browns doing to address their high injury problem..?

I'm not a believer in the excuse that the Browns just have "bad luck" when it comes to their high rate of injuries and I do not believe that there is "nothing that can be done" to improve the Browns injury situation.

There are factors/reasons that contribute to everything that happens and while finding answers might be difficult it does not mean that those most responsible for the Browns injury trend (ownership, management and the training staff) should get A PASS.

First, there is no such thing as "bad luck" and falling back on that excuse is not a solution...it is a "cop-out".

After the 2021 season... JJ3's spoke out about the Browns injury situation, suggesting that Browns training department focus more of their attention on "stretching" and suggesting the need for a dedicated yoga area. The Browns did respond, saying that they were adding an area for yoga when they laid out their new training area which was supposed to happen in early 2022...but it's unknown if the Browns management followed through.

After the 2023 season...the Browns team captain Myles Garrett spoke out about the seriousness of the Browns injury situation in 2023/24, saying that he believes the Cleveland Browns would have been in the Super Bowl had they stayed healthy.

IMO, for a team that has never been in a Super Bowl, such a comment from one of the Browns team captains should have struck a nerve with those running the franchise.The Browns management allowed one of their best opportunities to finally get to the Super Bowl, letting it slide by because they did not pay enough attention to their injury problems.

Feb 28, 2024: NFLPA publishes their results of their annual survey given to the players who are asked to rate various areas of their franchise related to working conditions. I'm the most concerned about how the opinions of the Browns players, concerning the Browns weight room, strength coaches, training room, training staff.

How the Browns compare to the other 31 teams is what I'm concerned with. What I'm looking for from the Browns is "improvement" compared to the other 31 NFL team, not someone else's grade/opinion. The goal should begin with improving within each category from the lower half of franchises to the upper half of the 31 other NFL teams.

..Category.........Rank out of 32
..Traning room.........20th..
..Training staff...........24th..
..Weight room...........30th..
..Strength coaches....19th..

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Since you're the expert on injuries, Mac, just curious...

Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Atlanta Falcons S&C Coaches.. F- rofl

Where do the Falcons rank in injuries by the metrics you used to rank the Browns so low?

P
Legend
Legend
P
You have a lot of questions with nothing that actually ties the answers you provide to those question as in any way being accurate. AKA A fishing expedition. For there to be any validity to your assertions please explain how the Browns S&C department graded out at a B+. I'll wait.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
After poor NFLPA grades, Browns are building new weight room

Story by Ben Axelrod • 20h
link

The NFL Players Association released the results of its survey regarding the league’s 32 teams on Wednesday and the results weren’t too kind to the Cleveland Browns.

Altogether, the Browns ranked 23rd overall and received D+ grades or worse in multiple categories, including treatment of families (D-), locker room (D+), weight room (D) and team travel (D).

Speaking to reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski addressed his team’s poor showing in the NFLPA report card. And the two-time NFL Coach of the Year noted that the team has already taken steps to improve its weight room, which ranked 30th out of 32 teams based on the survey.

“Every year you have to be open to everything information-wise to get better,” Stefanski said. “In there, talking about the weight room was one thing. I’m happy to tell you guys we’re building a new weight room. So we know that that’s an area where we want to get better. I take input from our players. I feel strongly about our leaders, our leadership committee. My office downstairs, the door’s always open. Even if it’s closed, it’s open. So I welcome input and that will never change.”

Since becoming the head coach of the Browns in 2020, Stefanski has amassed a 37-30 record in four seasons, twice leading Cleveland to the postseason. In 2023 he was named the NFL’s Coach of the Year after helping guide the Browns to an 11-6 record and Wild Card spot despite the team starting four different quarterbacks throughout the season.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
The disappointing part...look at how long the Browns players have been waiting for an upgraded weight room...going on 4 yrs now.

The Big Brain Front Office and owners have been kicking that can down the road for years and the only thing that got them "TO SAY" they are finally going to get it done is when the fans and media find out the truth..that the Browns have been ignoring the team's needs going on 4 yrs now.

Want to get Haslam and his baseball boys off their ass...let the media start telling the truth about this Browns franchise operates...

Talk about embarrassing..the Browns players busted their ass to get the franchise to playoffs and yet the only way Haslam helps out and provides a facility worthy of the effort his team gave to reach the playoffs is if Haslam and his Boys are exposed to the media.

Anyone wonder if the quality of your training facility can contribute to the high injury rate the Browns have suffered over the last 3 seasons..?

It sure sounds like the players would be better off finding a quality training program and facility if they sought out their own outside establishment.

Last edited by mac; 02/29/24 03:33 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And what does that have to do with the quality of the S&C staff? You keep trying to dodge bullets. Either by deflection or by outright ignoring things. So I'll ask again, if the Browns S&C staff is so bad, please explain how the Browns S&C department graded out at a B+? Still waiting.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
pit...did I focus on the individuals in the training facility..?

OR, did I refer to the TRAINING DEPARTMENT..

I have said the Browns have a problem with their injury rate and I have commented that we don't know exactly what the issue is, but that the Browns management needs correct whatever is wrong...

As for the grading scale you seem to be impressed with...How the Browns compare to the other 31 teams is what I'm concerned with. Anyone wanting to compare the Browns have a choice...compare the Browns to some fantasy grade someone made up to make many "feel good"...

OR we can compare the Browns performance to reality, comparing them to the performances of the teams they are being compared with. In the case with the NFLPA Survey, the Browns are being compared with the other 31 teams in the NFL.

What I'm looking for from the Browns is "improvement" compared to the other 31 NFL team, not someone else's grade/opinion. The goal should begin with improving within each category from the lower half of franchises to the upper half of the 31 other NFL teams.

..Category...............Rank...

..Training room.........20th.. out of the 32 teams...someone believes that grades out to a c+...the Browns didn't even rank 50% out of the 32 teams...but that's a C+

..Training staff...........24th..out of the 32 teams...just 8 places from being "the worst" in the NFL...and that earns the TS a B-..

..Weight room...........30th..out of the 32 NFL teams...just 2 places from being the worst weight room in the NFL...that is good enough for D

..Strength coaches....19th..out the 32 NFL teams...just 3 places from 50%...that should made some feel great...a B+...

If we expect the Browns to compete for a Super Bowl someday, the franchise needs to do a better job of supporting their players, providing them with the best training staff and equipment the franchise can afford...

Last edited by mac; 02/29/24 04:35 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
The grade vs ranking was something I didn't get. I believe our S&C staff got a B or B+, which was good for a rank of 20th.... I don't really get that. You are so predictable that you focus on the rankings and ignore the grades. Keep grinding that axe, nobody is taking you seriously.

Food/Cafeteria was graded C+ but ranked 18
Nutritionist was also graded C+ but ranked 23rd (??)

Training Room was graded C+ but ranked 20th
Training Staff was graded B+ but ranked 24th (??)

Head Coach (who won CotY) was graded B- but ranked 28th (?!?)

During COVID, the team moved the weight room onto the indoor practice field. The room it was in was re-purposed for new equipment (I believe I read they got a cryo chamber, and other similar equipment). Now they're building out the new weight room, so the weight room grades are deserved but understandable.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Mac starts this type of thread every offseason.

Much like Grossi, he is interested in clicks, no matter how flimsy the point. This thread will keep getting bumped for months.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Yep. Eeeeeverytime there is an injury.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
This is an interesting graph to study and compare link

One question I have...can the quality of the Browns training equipment/weight room be linked to the Browns high injury rate..?

Are athletes who are well trained less likely to suffer injuries..? Could the state of the Browns (temporary) training facility contribute to the Browns higher injury rate..?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac

One question I have...can the quality of the Browns training equipment/weight room be linked to the Browns high injury rate..?

Are athletes who are well trained less likely to suffer injuries..? Could the state of the Browns (temporary) training facility contribute to the Browns higher injury rate..?

One question? That looks like 3. The way you connect dots, anything is possible.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
This is an interesting graph to study and compare link

Two answers.

I don't know.
We don't know.
They don't know.
The world may never know.

But I bet you do.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
To be honest: A personal DT goal of mine is to start a thread and have it go 10 pages without a rhyme or reason.

The issue is: if I had a rhyme or reason or didn’t have one… I will never reach that goal. Some of us aren’t made to play the game no matter how hard we play.

#macLyfeRules
#ReturnoftheMacBSCDpart2comingsoon
#OurinjuriesareworsethanUrs
#mySnCDcanwhipurSnCDbutt
#whyamI#tagging?

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Well Mac as I pointed out several times on these boards the Browns are expanding their facilities in Berea. Sorry it's not getting done fast enough for you.

https://neo-trans.blog/2023/10/11/browns-add-more-land-to-berea-development-site/

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Cleveland Browns Alerted by Low NFLPA Report Card Rankings and Alarming Facility Concerns

By BVM Sportsdesk, 20h ago
link

The Cleveland Browns received a low ranking in the NFLPA annual report cards, placing 23rd out of 32 teams overall. Players identified several key areas where the organization fell short, including treatment of family, the locker room, the training area, coaches, ownership, and food provided.

Specifically, the weight room was a major concern, ranking at No. 30. The treatment of families earned a D-, with early season issues regarding communication of injuries. The weight room was deemed below average and lacking equipment, while the training room was reported as understaffed, potentially contributing to the team's soft tissue injuries.

By the Numbers
Cleveland Browns ranked 23rd out of 32 teams in the NFLPA report cards
Weight room ranked at No. 30, ownership ranked 17th

State of Play
Browns' weight room is reported as below average, with a temporary setup taking up limited indoor practice space
Training room is understaffed, potentially contributing to soft tissue injuries

Bottom Line
The Cleveland Browns' low ranking in the NFLPA report cards highlights concerns regarding the organization's treatment of family, training facilities, and potential impact on player injuries.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Alarming issues spotlighted as Browns are slammed in NFLPA report card

The Cleveland Browns need to work on how they treat players and their families

By Randy Gurzi | Feb 28, 2024
link

The NFLPA annual report cards are in and the Cleveland Browns have some work to do. Out of 32 teams in the league, they scored 23rd overall according to players when judging several key aspects of the organization. Focusing on areas such as treatment of family, the locker room, the training area, coaches, ownership, and food provided, the Browns fell short.

Cleveland finished outside of the top half of the league in every category with their weight room coming in as their worst at No. 30. Their top area was ownership, which was ranked 17th in the NFL. Beyond that, there were a lot of concerns with the treatment of families earning a D-.

Below are the two main issues players had with the way the organization treated their family and the second one is a major red flag.

"The postgame family meet-up area is a tent in the parking lot, which is rough in the winter weather"
"Early in the season, the team was not allowing players who had been carted off the field with a significant injury to contact their wives or loved ones from the locker room to let them know how they were doing"
Thankfully, this report says this was an issue early in the season. Hopefully, this changed because it's unbelievable to think someone couldn't tell a loved one how they were doing after suffering an injury on the field.

Another major area of concern is the weight room, where the majority of the players felt the equipment was below average and didn't have enough equipment. They also report that the current weight room is a temporary one that takes up 15-20 yards of their already limited indoor practice space. Although Kevin Stefanski has recently said they're building a new one now.

The training room is also an issue with there being claims that the room is understaffed. Physical therapists and trainers seem to be limited, which could help explain why the Browns suffered so many soft tissue injuries not just in 2023, but over the past several years.

We all hope to see some of these problem areas addressed but they went from 21st in the NFL in 2023 down to 23rd this year. If there were no changes from the previous report card, there might not be much this time around either.

Last edited by mac; 03/01/24 08:24 AM.

Legend
Legend
93 percent of the players felt like they get an individualized plan and felt that the strength coaches significantly contribute to their success.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
The Browns management should build upon the positives contained in the NFLPA survey and double down, working to improve upon the negatives within the survey.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mac
Heads need to roll as the failure of the Browns ''strength and conditioning program'' is being exposed every week with a new rash of Browns players put on the IR list.

Strength and conditioning-link
Director of high performance – Shaun Huls
Director of strength and conditioning – Larry Jackson
Assistant strength and conditioning/sports science – Josh Christovich
Assistant strength and conditioning – Monty Gibson
Assistant strength and conditioning – Dale Jones
Assistant strength and conditioning – Evan Marcus
Director of performance nutrition – Katy Meassick

Are you kidding me? This is the first post in the thread. You called for them to be fired and listed them by name. Yes, you directly addressed the S&C staff.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
[quote=mac]Heads need to roll as the failure of the Browns ''strength and conditioning program'' is being exposed every week with a new rash of Browns players put on the IR list.

Are you kidding me? This is the first post in the thread. You called for them to be fired and listed them by name. Yes, you directly addressed the S&C staff.

Pit..The only names that franchise listed as being directly linked to the Strength and Conditioning Department...I listed them, as a source to reference. But I clearly addressed "THE PROGRAM".

I would hope that most would understand the Browns S&C program is much larger than just the names listed and as we now know, the 'decision makers' of the franchise must accept some of the responsibility for the high injury rate due to management's failure to upgrade the Browns facilities beyond "a temporary level". The Browns players have been waiting years for the upgrades that seem to get a lot of lip service but ultimately the responsibility falls back upon The Haslam Sports Group.

If you bothered to read the entire post you would see that I called for a need to learn more about the program.

I STARTED THE THREAD WITH THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH IN MY FIRST POST..."If ever there was an area where the ''analytics'' folks could do something to help the Browns, it is to take an ''honest'' look at the Browns approach to player health and conditioning. The Browns health and conditioning program has to be near the bottom of all 32 teams when it comes to players injured and out and on IR the Browns approach to player health and conditioning must be one of the worst of all NFL franchises."...(note: I made this comment weeks before the NFLPA survey results were known)

It seems that some would rather troll around trying to score "gotcha points" rather than add anything worthwhile to address the Browns high injury rate.

Last edited by mac; 03/02/24 02:33 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yep, "heads need to roll as the failure of the Browns 'strength and conditioning program' is being exposed every week" isn't accusing the S&C staff directly or calling for them to be fired....... in mac's world.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: jfanent
O
Legend
Legend
O
Only troll here is you.

-PrplPplEater
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Hey Boys...tell us why the Browns failed to even sniff a Super Bowl appearance this past season..?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I thought you already told us....

Originally Posted by mac
Heads need to roll as the failure of the Browns ''strength and conditioning program'' is being exposed every week with a new rash of Browns players put on the IR list.

It sounds as if you already said the problem is the S&C program and heads need to roll.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mac
Hey Boys...tell us why the Browns failed to even sniff a Super Bowl appearance this past season..?

Bad injury luck

Fiercely Independent.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted by mac

Bad injury luck

Bull...I'm not one to fall back on such an excuse as "just bad (injury) luck"..especially when the same issues have contributed to the Browns high rate of injuries have been a factor for several seasons. One season of bad luck injuries might be a reasonable excuse..but not if the problem persists for several seasons. There are "reasons" that are contributing to the Browns high rate of injuries and the problem continues because the franchise fails to adequately address the issues.

If it's the expertise of the training and conditioning staff...hire better people...

If it's a lack of adequate manning, hire more staff..therapists, trainers, yoga instructors...

If it's a lack of equipment...invest in the best equipment to improve the health of the team...

If it's a need for a larger facility, expand the present structure...

Kicking the can down the road hoping the high injury rate corrects itself...that is not an option.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Forward all resumes' to......

Cleveland Browns
76 Lou Groza Blvd.
Berea, OH 44017

To contact by phone; 440-824-3434

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted by mac

Bad injury luck

Bull...I'm not one to fall back on such an excuse as "just bad (injury) luck"..especially when the same issues have contributed to the Browns high rate of injuries have been a factor for several seasons. One season of bad luck injuries might be a reasonable excuse..but not if the problem persists for several seasons. There are "reasons" that are contributing to the Browns high rate of injuries and the problem continues because the franchise fails to adequately address the issues.

If it's the expertise of the training and conditioning staff...hire better people...

If it's a lack of adequate manning, hire more staff..therapists, trainers, yoga instructors...

If it's a lack of equipment...invest in the best equipment to improve the health of the team...

Kicking the can down the road hoping the high injury rate corrects itself...that is not an option.

Bad things happen when large humans smash into each other repeatedly. It's the nature of the sport. Players are going to get injured unless they eliminate contact and/or go fully virtual. Joints/ligaments weren't designed to take impacts in excess of 1600 pounds of force from any and every direction.

Football Physics: The Anatomy of a Hit

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac

93 percent of the players felt like they get an individualized plan and felt that the strength coaches significantly contribute to their success.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah but what about that other seven per cent?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: FATE
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Yeah but what about that other seven per cent?

Which might be 4 malcontents.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I know we can put users on ignore but can we do the same with threads?

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Actually, post here again and I'll let you know. Wow this may be a game-changer.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Browns Stength and Conditioning Department

Link Copied to Clipboard