#2061124 02/29/24 06:20 PM
E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
https://www.vox.com/climate/2024/2/...-change-hurricanes-coral-reefs-bleaching

I started getting concerned when they shut down the crab fisheries because the entire population of bering sea snow crab died off.

Now this is getting a bit scary. Ocean plankton produce 50% of the planet's oxygen. If they die, we die.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Drill baby drill… smh.

Eve, if waking up when it’s too late deserves kudos, kudos to you. Now, there are only 70 million more to convince that global warming is real. Welcome to the right side of a history that will probably never be written. I’m lucky enough to be older and in bad health, so I won’t be around to watch the O2 levels dissipate until the O2 compressors have no O2 to compress. It’s at a point now that it would take ASI (Artificial Super Intelligence) to save our collective butts. So maybe it’s not too late, maybe it is.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/29/24 08:00 PM.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Where did you get the 70 million number?

Legend
Legend
He's saying all the Maga fascist Nazis that voted for Trump are the ones that will cause the planet to implode.

It has nothing to do with the other 8,014,468,523 people on the planet.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
While OCD's posts are sometimes over the top, factually speaking it seems you too are in denial of certain facts....

Trump’s climate denial shapes House GOP backbench

https://www.eenews.net/articles/trumps-climate-denial-shapes-house-gop-backbench/

Climate Deniers in the 117th Congress

There are 139 elected officials in the 117th Congress who still deny the scientific consensus of human-caused climate change.

https://www.americanprogress.org/article/climate-deniers-117th-congress/

And your "It has nothing to do with the other 8,014,468,523 people on the planet" is no less BS than what you accuse OCD of since there are already several nations around the globe combating climate change and taking even stronger measures to fight it than our own country...............

The 10 Countries Leading the Way in Climate Policy

Some countries are ahead of others when it comes to creating comprehensive programs addressing climate change, according to a report.

No. 10: China

Climate Policy Score: 15.68

Despite a lower overall performance rating, China has put forth detailed plans to combat climate change and other environmental issues, such as air quality, that have plagued its cities. President Xi Jinping has pledged to significantly increase the use of solar and wind energy by 2030.

No. 9: Sweden

Climate Policy Score: 15.72

Sweden has led the charge for serious climate change policy on an international scale over the last few years. The country is a major source of funding for the Green Climate Fund, the world’s largest climate fund and an integral component of the Paris Climate Accords.

No. 8: Finland

Climate Policy Score: 15.98

As the first country to put a carbon tax in place, Finland has historically been a leader in climate change policy. Leaders recently strengthened the country’s commitment to green living by shifting to wood-based materials for its construction and even textile needs.

No. 7: France

Climate Policy Score: 16.06

In the last year alone, France passed a climate change bill meant to take a broad approach to environmentally unfriendly practices in the country. The proposed legislation included eliminating short domestic flights and limiting use of plastic packaging.

No. 6: Portugal

Climate Policy Score: 16.27

Due to its geography, Portugal is particularly vulnerable to droughts and floods. In an effort to combat climate change and the extreme weather associated with it, the country has made strides on renewables – such as solar and wind plants – which now account for 54% of energy generated.

No. 5: Lithuania

Climate Policy Score: 16.48

Much like its fellow European Union member states, Lithuania has implemented a 10-year National Energy and Climate Plan, which launched last year. The plan emphasizes transportation electrification – for personal vehicle use as well as the railway – and reducing fuel consumption by 24%.

No. 4: Netherlands

Climate Policy Score: 16.53

Beyond reducing carbon dioxide emissions in line with EU standards, the Netherlands has worked to become an overwhelmingly bike and pedestrian-friendly nation. As sea levels rise, the country has also devised climate-adaptive schemes, such as intentional flooding, to save its cities.

No. 3: Morocco

Climate Policy Score: 17.23

Morocco, a coastal country, is particularly threatened by rising sea levels and other climate-related changes. They have begun to shift from standard energy sources to renewables in the last few years, targeting 52% renewable energy use countrywide by 2030.

No. 2: Denmark

Climate Policy Score: 17.87

In 2019, Denmark announced a 10-year plan to reduce its carbon emissions to 70% below 1990 levels – one of the more ambitious programs in Europe. By 2050, the country aims to be carbon neutral, meaning that its emissions and absorption of carbon dioxide would be zero.

No. 1: Luxembourg

Climate Policy Score: 18.11

Luxembourg’s COVID-19 recovery and resilience plan – its most recent major piece of climate change legislation – apportions 30.5 million euros toward increasing the amount of charging stations in the country to support and ease the transition to electric vehicles.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...es-are-leading-the-way-in-climate-policy

You may wish to adjust your number.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Adjust what number? rofl

You have got to get your numbers checked, by a professional.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hate how people weaponize changes in the climate.

We are coming out of the last ice age now.

Somehow, people forget we have had five major ice ages and we have had several period of time where it was extremely warm.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
Adjust what number? rofl

You have got to get your numbers checked, by a professional.

If you lack the ability to comprehend what I posted it's obvious it's you that needs to have a cognitive test. But then I'm pretty sure you can still remember ‘person, woman, man, camera, TV.’ It's a pretty low bar.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Somehow, people forget we have had five major ice ages and we have had several period of time where it was extremely warm.

You're the perfect example of what I was speaking of. Thanks for that!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

You can do better than that. Explain how the ice ages happened? Did the dinosaurs burn fossil fuels? saywhat

And people do weaponize every weather event, even non-related events. Trudeau blamed his forest fires on climate change. Funny how you can blame something contributing to climate change on climate change itself. And you all toe the line. Who needs Netflix when we have extreme-green lefties!

A
Legend
Legend
A
The earth is how many millions, or maybe billions, old?

And we're basing climate change on humans, based on the last 100 or 150 years?

Now, I know some (un) useful people will attempt to put words in my mouth about how I don't understand pollution, or I don't care, etc. That's untrue, though.

And where did the 70 million number come from again?

P
Legend
Legend
P
The current quickly rising planet temperature should explain this to people that still have their heads buried in the sand. First you claimed that there were over over 8 billion people in the world that were also responsible for helping fight climate change. When you were shown that there are already billions who are doing more than America to combat climate change you have quickly changed course.

The case you are making is "Let's do nothing and wait until it's too late to try and correct the problem." That sounds like a real winner.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The current quickly rising planet temperature should explain this to people that still have their heads buried in the sand. First you claimed that there were over over 8 billion people in the world that were also responsible for helping fight climate change. When you were shown that there are already billions who are doing more than America to combat climate change you have quickly changed course.

The case you are making is "Let's do nothing and wait until it's too late to try and correct the problem." That sounds like a real winner.

More fake b.s.

I'm just stating that there are over 8B people on the planet and all are responsible. You cosigned that it's only Trump voters that are responsible. Following the sad, tired narrative from the town dunce.

Who said let's do nothing? Show me the post.

Or are you just lying again??

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
The earth is how many millions, or maybe billions, old?

And we're basing climate change on humans, based on the last 100 or 150 years?

Now, I know some (un) useful people will attempt to put words in my mouth about how I don't understand pollution, or I don't care, etc. That's untrue, though.

And where did the 70 million number come from again?

Nobody ever answers these questions, they just label those that ask them as a "climate denier".

Then the big wigs fly their jets all over the planet for secret meanings where they generally discuss how to shut people up rather than how to fix anything. They literally have meeting after meeting, presentation after presentation, on the dangers of people asking questions and stating opinions.

The 70 million is Trump voters, climate change is also Trump's fault.

P
Legend
Legend
P
US Republicans oppose climate funding as millions suffer in extreme weather

Nearly 90 million Americans are facing heat alerts this week, yet GOP members are wrangling over spending to reduce emissions

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jul/13/us-republicans-climate-funds-extreme-heat

Fight brewing over Biden climate funds that help farmers in Republican-leaning states

https://www.reuters.com/sustainabil...p-farmers-republican-leaning-2024-01-25/

The fact you are in denial is no fault of my own.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yes! Perfect example -- always frame "climate change" around the temperatures from the previous week!

Approve them all or you're a #denier! All 58 billion dollars. I mean, what else would we do with it anyway? Pay for wars??

We need more international climate slush funds and vaguely defined environmental justice programs. That will make that sun climb right back behind the clouds!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, that's what it is. From the previous week.....

2023 was the world’s warmest year on record, by far

Antarctic sea ice coverage hit record low

It’s official: 2023 was the planet’s warmest year on record, according to an analysis by scientists from NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI).

Along with the historic heat, Antarctic sea ice coverage dropped to a record low in 2023.

“After seeing the 2023 climate analysis, I have to pause and say that the findings are astounding,” said NOAA Chief Scientist Dr. Sarah Kapnick. “Not only was 2023 the warmest year in NOAA’s 174-year climate record — it was the warmest by far. A warming planet means we need to be prepared for the impacts of climate change that are happening here and now, like extreme weather events that become both more frequent and severe.

"We will continue to see records broken and extreme events grow until emissions go to zero,” Kapnick said. “Government policy can address both emissions, but also actions to reduce climate impacts by building resilience."

Climate by the numbers

Earth’s average land and ocean surface temperature in 2023 was 2.12 degrees F (1.18 degrees C) above the 20th century — the highest global temperature among all years in NOAA’s 1850-2023 climate record. It also beats the next warmest year, 2016, by a record-setting margin of 0.27 of a degree F (0.15 of a degree C).

The 10 warmest years since 1850 have all occurred in the past decade. In fact, the average global temperature for 2023 exceeded the pre-industrial (1850–1900) average by 2.43 degrees F (1.35 degrees C).

Looking ahead, there is a one-in-three chance that 2024 will be warmer than 2023, and a 99% chance that 2024 will rank among the top five warmest years.

2023 as ranked by other scientific organizations

Other scientific organizations, including NASA, the Copernicus Climate Change Service offsite link and the UK Met Office have conducted separate but similar analyses that also rank 2023 as the warmest year on record.

Other notable climate findings and events

Global ocean heat content set a new record high: The 2023 upper ocean heat content, which addresses the amount of heat stored in the upper 2,000 meters of the ocean, was the highest on record. Ocean heat content is a key climate indicator because the ocean stores 90% of the excess heat in the Earth system. The indicator has been tracked globally since 1958, and there has been a steady upward trend since approximately 1970. The five highest values have all occurred in the last five years.

Polar sea ice was scant: The 2023 annual Antarctic sea ice extent (coverage) averaged 3.79 million square miles in 2023, the lowest on record. The maximum extent in September was 6.55 million square miles, which was the lowest by a record margin. The minimum extent in February was 690,000 square miles, which set a record low for the second consecutive year. Arctic sea ice coverage averaged 4.05 million square miles in 2023, ranking among the 10 lowest years on record. The maximum extent in March was 5.64 million square miles, which ranked fifth lowest, while the minimum extent in September was 1.63 million square miles, which ranked sixth lowest.

December 2023 set records: Global surface temperature in December 2023 was 2.57 degrees F (1.43 degrees C) above the 20th-century average — the warmest December on record. For the ninth consecutive month, the global ocean surface temperature was also record warm. Looking regionally, North America and South America both had their warmest December on record.

https://www.noaa.gov/news/2023-was-worlds-warmest-year-on-record-by-far

I do understand however that someone would have to be paying attention and give a damn about it order to know these things. That helps explain a lot.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I don't doubt most of that.

Some of it doesn't make sense, but I guess if it's in your article it must all be true.

Stuff like this is just fluff that would raise the eyebrow of the average kindergartener whether it's true or not: Along with the historic heat, Antarctic sea ice coverage dropped to a record low in 2023.

Isn't it a record low every year?? I mean, the average surface temperature is 59 degrees, seems like the ice is going to melt. What am I missing here? Are we trying to spend our way into lowering the temp to 31? Everybody always talking about ice melting is weird. Help me out here?

So, the ten hottest years since 1850 have all been in the last decade. That's scary as hell... as in we're probably doomed.

I tend to think this is more of an ebb and flow type situation. But if this is true...

Carbon (CO2) Emissions
[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions

Fossil Fuel Consumption

Coal Consumption

Renewable Energy

AND we've just experienced the ten hottest years?

I'm not sure what the hell we're going to "legislate" that will change this.

This is going to sound smart-assed (surprise, surprise) but if we all hide in a cave for the next year, do you think that will make the numbers lower for that year? 10 years?

Just, look at these numbers that have been going straight down (or up, in the case of renewables) for 25 - 50 years. And the result is the ten hottest years in the history of the planet?

FUBAR.

Last edited by FATE; 03/01/24 06:02 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Republicans are the only college educated humans that deny anthropogenic climate change. It is rather sad, below the treatment of African Americans.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
I don't know if you're just making a general statement, but not a single person has denied climate change in this thread.

As for the whatever that is about African Americans, I have no idea what that is supposed to mean or how it has anything to do with climate?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I’m not sure I understand the African American remark either, but I think the key part of his initial assertion isn’t just the climate change part, but the anthropogenic part, tying it to mankind.

On that front, it does make sense to me, that there was a whole crapton of carbon buried inside the earth and we have all of a sudden put it into the atmosphere over the last several decades. Seems plausible that is causing the “insulation” of heat beyond what is natural or cyclical.

But to your point, I don’t know what the solution is to stave off the path unless we can legitimately suck some of that stuff back out of the atmosphere.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
It seems doing nothing about it is their answer. Because you know, charts. For some reason they think a problem that took decades to create can be fixed in a few years and if it's not, that has some deep meaning. That's what's FUBAR.

And then one must wonder where the hell their charts came from.......

The researchers estimate that the world's emissions of carbon dioxide will exceed 40 billion tons in 2023, including nearly 37 billion tons from fossil fuels. Overall emissions are up 1.1% compared to 2022 levels and 1.5% compared to pre-pandemic levels, continuing a 10-year plateau.Dec 5, 2023

https://sustainability.stanford.edu...ns-fossil-fuels-reached-record-high-2023

With the decrease in the use of coal U.S. carbon emissions are down slightly. But then we are second only to China in carbon emissions so there is a lot of work to be done.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hunh?

Climate change is real - it has happened quite often in the history of the earth. The true underlying issue is because of an increase in oxygen levels.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A lot to unpack here,

Glacial periods happen because of obliquity, precession, etc. These are natural variations of earth going around the sun.

To answer the question of what can be done, my quickest solution is fusion energy. It diminishes CO emissions, while also combating the crisis with access to potable water. Developing nations will use fossil fuels to get theirs, and we can’t blame them, we did the same thing. I hope fusion energy becomes practical around 2030. That’s above my pay grade, and Ive been told that is wishful thinking, but that is my solution.

I don’t mean to sound defeatist, but when you factor in population growth, and deforestation, we are in damage control.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BuckDawg1946
A lot to unpack here,

Glacial periods happen because of obliquity, precession, etc. These are natural variations of earth going around the sun.

To answer the question of what can be done, my quickest solution is fusion energy. It diminishes CO emissions, while also combating the crisis with access to potable water. Developing nations will use fossil fuels to get theirs, and we can’t blame them, we did the same thing. I hope fusion energy becomes practical around 2030. That’s above my pay grade, and Ive been told that is wishful thinking, but that is my solution.

I don’t mean to sound defeatist, but when you factor in population growth, and deforestation, we are in damage control.

Sadly, I'm almost resigned to the same conclusion.

The question becomes, is any of this mess reversible?

P
Legend
Legend
P

Not according to your charts.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I just found out that during the last global warming cycle, when all the ice had melted, people still survived. Of course we’re putting 10,000 X the total airborne carbons per year, that the warming period had airborne at its height. And we are also talking 1000’s of years in near tropical climate worldwide. Life is changing no matter your beliefs or views. One side sees it as a future where air/O2 will be commoditized, and our adversaries see it as everyone getting resort property. The average daily temps will be in the high 80s to low 90s during the colder months… Predictions for 2050.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't doubt that things are getting warmer.

I don't doubt things we do today might be accelerating that warming to some degree.

I don't think we have done much to contribute to that nor think we can stop or reverse the warming.

The earth has gone on fairly regular warming and cooling cycles long before humans were a "thing". I think it fairly naive to think we caused this, or can stop this.

The last ice age is about to end and we will be void of ice capped poles for many thousands of years. The earth has a life cycle, and we have very little to do with that.

Mother Nature gets her way no matter that we think or do, just like Father time doesn't stop for anybody or anything.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Are you suggesting we do nothing to try and help prevent it?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why do I bring up the African American? Because we failed them. After WW 2, we were supposed to be a superpower, a beacon of hope, a trendsetter, we are failing the global community.

Quicker solution is investing in solar, wind and tidal energy. Coal and oil are literally killing planet earth, we have to be better. Some things have to mean more than the gdp.

Legend
Legend
How do you feel about nuclear energy?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don’t like the refuse. Half life of spent fuel is like 5-10k years, we have to protect watersheds.

If we have to fire up all of the nuclear power plants, to accelerate fusion energy, I will allow. The global community needs to band together with a common goal, a plan.

1 member likes this: FATE
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I would love to have fusion. It seems like it increasingly gets slow rolled.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
How do you feel about nuclear energy?
thumbsup

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
On a global scale, which is #1 and #2 ?

Is it biodiversity loss, or access to potable water for underdeveloped nations that are the most pressing issues under anthropogenic climate change. ? You are poisoning your people.

Economy is #1 for a lot.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Republicans are the greatest threat to planet earth. They are only college educated humans that will tell you “it’s a natural cycle, no correlation between co2 and temperature.”

These are the same people that said “hey boy, get your food around back”.

There is a reason much of world hates tUSA, you guys won’t be able to hide behind your hate much longer.

Your hypocrisy is beyond laughable.

Legend
Legend
Damn cows must be farting in the ocean now.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There is a treason, i mean, reason American students are at best #14 and #17, when it comes to math and verbal.

Be better.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BuckDawg1946
A lot to unpack here,

're

Since 1951, the earliest year on this chart with full stats, the world population (and # of people per square km) has more than tripled from 2.5 billion to over 8 billion (2011-2023). That happened within the last 73 years.....a short blip of time in the history of humanity. To put this into perspective, it took 123 years to go from 1billion to 2 billion (1804-1927) and 12yrs to go from 7 billion to 8 billion. Though the growth has slowed over the past few years, we're still adding 70 million more people per year....all of whom need food, water, natural resources and living space.

(It was impossible to get the columns to line up, the last 3 are: Yearly Change, Net Change, Density (P/Km²))

World Population by Year
Year Population

2023 8,045,311,447 0.88 % 70,206,291 54
2022 7,975,105,156 0.83 % 65,810,005 54
2021 7,909,295,151 0.87 % 68,342,271 53
2020 7,840,952,880 0.98 % 76,001,848 53
2019 7,764,951,032 1.06 % 81,161,204 52
2018 7,683,789,828 1.10 % 83,967,424 52
2017 7,599,822,404 1.15 % 86,348,166 51
2016 7,513,474,238 1.17 % 86,876,701 50
2015 7,426,597,537 1.19 % 87,584,118 50
2014 7,339,013,419 1.22 % 88,420,049 49
2013 7,250,593,370 1.24 % 88,895,449 49
2012 7,161,697,921 1.25 % 88,572,496 48
2011 7,073,125,425 1.25 % 87,522,320 47
2010 6,985,603,105 1.27 % 87,297,197 47
2009 6,898,305,908 1.27 % 86,708,636 46
2008 6,811,597,272 1.27 % 85,648,728 46
2007 6,725,948,544 1.27 % 84,532,326 45
2006 6,641,416,218 1.27 % 83,240,099 45
2005 6,558,176,119 1.27 % 82,424,641 44
2004 6,475,751,478 1.28 % 81,853,113 43
2003 6,393,898,365 1.29 % 81,491,005 43
2002 6,312,407,360 1.31 % 81,660,378 42
2001 6,230,746,982 1.33 % 81,848,007 42
2000 6,148,898,975 1.34 % 81,140,517 41
1999 6,067,758,458 1.34 % 80,445,978 41
1998 5,987,312,480 1.37 % 80,831,219 40
1997 5,906,481,261 1.40 % 81,335,963 40
1996 5,825,145,298 1.43 % 81,925,844 39
1995 5,743,219,454 1.46 % 82,491,461 39
1994 5,660,727,993 1.49 % 83,294,470 38
1993 5,577,433,523 1.54 % 84,747,430 37
1992 5,492,686,093 1.60 % 86,440,226 37
1991 5,406,245,867 1.69 % 90,070,005 36
1990 5,316,175,862 1.77 % 92,471,554 36
1989 5,223,704,308 1.78 % 91,410,334 35
1988 5,132,293,974 1.81 % 91,309,479 34
1987 5,040,984,495 1.84 % 90,921,156 34
1986 4,950,063,339 1.82 % 88,332,726 33
1985 4,861,730,613 1.80 % 85,894,539 33
1984 4,775,836,074 1.79 % 83,951,836 32
1983 4,691,884,238 1.82 % 83,899,367 32
1982 4,607,984,871 1.84 % 83,357,213 31
1981 4,524,627,658 1.81 % 80,619,952 30
1980 4,444,007,706 1.80 % 78,424,835 30
1979 4,365,582,871 1.77 % 75,925,163 29
1978 4,289,657,708 1.75 % 73,885,218 29
1977 4,215,772,490 1.77 % 73,266,608 28
1976 4,142,505,882 1.80 % 73,068,651 28
1975 4,069,437,231 1.85 % 73,920,154 27
1974 3,995,517,077 1.92 % 75,265,573 27
1973 3,920,251,504 1.96 % 75,450,619 26
1972 3,844,800,885 1.98 % 74,637,793 26
1971 3,770,163,092 2.02 % 74,772,756 25
1970 3,695,390,336 2.06 % 74,735,061 25
1969 3,620,655,275 2.08 % 73,844,467 24
1968 3,546,810,808 2.05 % 71,362,642 24
1967 3,475,448,166 2.03 % 69,031,130 23
1966 3,406,417,036 2.08 % 69,305,053 23
1965 3,337,111,983 2.14 % 69,899,645 22
1964 3,267,212,338 2.24 % 71,433,091 22
1963 3,195,779,247 2.21 % 69,092,504 21
1962 3,126,686,743 1.90 % 58,316,134 21
1961 3,068,370,609 1.63 % 49,137,175 21
1960 3,019,233,434 1.65 % 48,941,246 20
1959 2,970,292,188 1.86 % 54,184,091 20
1958 2,916,108,097 2.04 % 58,241,240 20
1957 2,857,866,857 2.03 % 56,864,226 19
1956 2,801,002,631 2.00 % 54,930,490 19
1955 2,746,072,141 2.01 % 54,092,802 18
1954 2,691,979,339 1.96 % 51,700,542 18
1953 2,640,278,797 1.93 % 50,007,898 18
1952 2,590,270,899 1.85 % 47,140,519 17
1951 2,543,130,380 1.75 % 43,808,223 17
1927 2,000,000,000
1900 1,600,000,000
1850 1,200,000,000
1804 1,000,000,000

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Damn cows must be farting in the ocean now.

Too many kids relieving themselves in the "pool."

Or is it too many Russian submarines using ocean water to cool their reactors?

Too much toxic dumping? Heat from decay of things killed by dumping?

Changes in currents from ongoing seismic/geo-volcanic activity and continental drift?

Changes in wind patterns from urban heat islands/other changes in landscape (i.e, deforestation)?

Do modern intensive agriculture practices contribute? (Think Dust Bowl)

How big an impact does "blacktop" (roads/parking lots) make?

Unfortunately, global warming is not a result of any one thing. It's due to a combination of a multitude of things.

That's not to say that we should do nothing. Yet, the focus on certain things while ignoring others is problematic.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Ocean Is Abnormally Warm

Link Copied to Clipboard