Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm still processing how I feel about the Jeudy trade. Hopefully, Cooper will be a good influence and they have the Bama connection. Think a change of scenery could also be good for Jeudy. For a fifth and sixth, I think I like it. I think it would feel better if they agree to a reasonable extension.

I should see how he looked last season. Not sure if I'll watch Broncos games or not, though. As I recall, that O was on the unpalatable side.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
This is PFF's draft profile for JJ.

Skill is skill. Sometimes guys get hurt in the draft and there is little they can do to change it.

Denver has been a mess for years both on and off the field. Receivers are dependent upon competent qb play. Denver has not had that with Drew Lock, Teddy Bridgewater and Wilson.

The head coaches in Denver since 2020 JJ was drafted has been Fangio, Hackett, Rosberg, and Payton.

Not a great place for a guy coming into the NFL.

When you watch Jeudy's tape you can see why he was the 15th pick. He is what you look for in a receiver.

If we can get this guy the ball maybe he will be a real contributor.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I agree with everything you just said. Other teams did the same thing with us when we were a mess for 15 years. Take good productive players from college and plug them into their system. I think Denver is a HOT mess with Payton as head coach. They will continue to be so until he replicates his team and system from New Orleans when they won it. I think Jeudy will come in and be a stud. Now we can focus on D line and LB in our draft and put us over the top. Good Job Mr Berry

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Sounds like another slot guy. Takes some pressure off the draft a bit I guess. Of course that leaves us with what now, 3 picks? Remember when the draft was our superbowl? Hope he pans out. And I hope we can swing for some DL help at some point. I’m guessing we go there in the 2nd round.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
Legend
Jeudy is an outside receiver. As far as picks, I believe we have every pick except for our 1st.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We don’t have a 1st and 4th this draft at this point in time.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
Yea, it was supposedly a second.

I love the patience Berry has had the past few years. He hasn't been perfect, which means he's human lol. However, he and his staff have done an excellent job of running the business.

- They've done a great job of managing the cap and keeping pieces in place.
- They've used their mid-round picks to add pieces through trades (this trade has low risk, high upside). Za'Darius Smith, Cooper, Hopkins to name a few.
- Brought in solid vets with great work ethic/locker room presence
- Always actively trying to improve the team by churning the bottom of the roster
- Every off season they've attacked their perceived weak positions by going all out and turning it into a strength

Hard to argue with this - I mean I like the Jeudy trade a lot, think the guy has talent but I still think the WR overall is in need of more help or Tillman takes a giant sophmore leap and becomes a good 3rd WR. But your bullet points on what Berry has done to date is spot on. I am still in wait and see mode on the huge Watson contract and impact on how we resign/extend guys like Chubb and MG etc ... but so far so good. And yes, the cap is re-worked and manipulated but every year teams cut guys who become coveted free agent targets for other teams ... teams cutting top talent that become these FA's is a direct impact of the cap.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
Sounds like another slot guy. Takes some pressure off the draft a bit I guess. Of course that leaves us with what now, 3 picks? Remember when the draft was our superbowl? Hope he pans out. And I hope we can swing for some DL help at some point. I’m guessing we go there in the 2nd round.

I wouldn't be surprised if a guard is taken high. Berry seems to draft a year ahead. I see one of Bitonio or Teller gone next year.

Give the rook a year in the system, then plug and play. No matter, I don't think we will count on any rook to contribute much this season.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mgh888
Yea, it was supposedly a second.

I love the patience Berry has had the past few years. He hasn't been perfect, which means he's human lol. However, he and his staff have done an excellent job of running the business.

- They've done a great job of managing the cap and keeping pieces in place.
- They've used their mid-round picks to add pieces through trades (this trade has low risk, high upside). Za'Darius Smith, Cooper, Hopkins to name a few.
- Brought in solid vets with great work ethic/locker room presence
- Always actively trying to improve the team by churning the bottom of the roster
- Every off season they've attacked their perceived weak positions by going all out and turning it into a strength

Hard to argue with this - I mean I like the Jeudy trade a lot, think the guy has talent but I still think the WR overall is in need of more help or Tillman takes a giant sophmore leap and becomes a good 3rd WR. But your bullet points on what Berry has done to date is spot on. I am still in wait and see mode on the huge Watson contract and impact on how we resign/extend guys like Chubb and MG etc ... but so far so good. And yes, the cap is re-worked and manipulated but every year teams cut guys who become coveted free agent targets for other teams ... teams cutting top talent that become these FA's is a direct impact of the cap.

I don't think we are done at wide receiver. I don't know if it will be so much in the draft to provide any real impact this year. We may draft a WR, but I also think we will look to pick up a FA wideout. IMO opinion, unless you get really lucky with a later WR selection, they are more futures picks. The only WR's who step in and do well as rookies are guys taken near the top of the 1st round.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just not very often.

I also think Tillman will do much better with increased targets. The 1st half of the season he caught 3 balls. The second half he caught 18.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

Not sure how I feel for about the trade, IMO I think Jeudy is one of the most overrated WRs in the NFL. He was touted as a very good route runner out of college, but I think he has failed to take it a level further in the NFL (obviously we know there's a lot more nuisances to NFL routes vs collegiate) And while he has quickness, his speed isn't anything amazing despite being very thin (193 lbs) His maturity questions is what I find most concerning, toppled with a 13M cap hit...on a team that is rather pushing the limits on or near the cap.

However the trade value wasn't bad, obviously on his last year of his deal. Someone mentioned how Coop, Moore, Jeudy (JJ), all are on expiring deals this year. I think our draft focus is going to be more geared at OT, DT, OG, LB, RB...and hopefully the Browns are able to work Coop or JJ contracts to create some room now and in the near future.

Legend
Legend
We don’t have a 1st and 4th this draft at this point in time.

You're right. Thanks.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
Of course that leaves us with what now, 3 picks?

After the Jeudy trade, the Browns have five selections left in the 2024 NFL draft:

Second Round - #54
Third Round - #85
Fifth Round - #155
Sixth Round - #205
Seventh Round - #243

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2024/3/9/24095539/browns-2024-draft-picks-jerry-jeudy-trade-nfl-draft

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs
JC...

Not sure how I feel for about the trade, IMO I think Jeudy is one of the most overrated WRs in the NFL. He was touted as a very good route runner out of college, but I think he has failed to take it a level further in the NFL (obviously we know there's a lot more nuisances to NFL routes vs collegiate) And while he has quickness, his speed isn't anything amazing despite being very thin (193 lbs) His maturity questions is what I find most concerning, toppled with a 13M cap hit...on a team that is rather pushing the limits on or near the cap.

However the trade value wasn't bad, obviously on his last year of his deal. Someone mentioned how Coop, Moore, Jeudy (JJ), all are on expiring deals this year. I think our draft focus is going to be more geared at OT, DT, OG, LB, RB...and hopefully the Browns are able to work Coop or JJ contracts to create some room now and in the near future.

I seriously doubt that Sean Payton is going trade away any asset that might help the Broncos achieve their goals. IMO, Payton likely has some serious issues about Jerry Jeudy that have not yet surfaced publicly.

Jeudy appears to have physical talent but I'm concerned about his ability mentally. I've listened to some of his interviews, heard him attempt to express his thoughts and it obvious that he has some difficulty expressing himself. Jeudy also scored a 9 on the wonderlic exam that might be a concern.

In the present day and age of football, I do become concerned that some players are too focused on the "social internet" and the opinions and conversation that occur.

Hopefully the Browns can direct Jeudy's focus on learning the Browns offense and being the best NFL WR he can be.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Since you've already addressed the physical well being and training of our athletes, it's time for you to delve into the psychological side.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

Context.....Brad Stainbrook of the OBR removed a tweet referring to the above tweet being stolen from the OBR's paid subscription portion of the site.

Ah yes......free agency is upon us. brownie

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

Lots of smoke re: the Browns and Christian Wilkins.....

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Context.....Brad Stainbrook of the OBR removed a tweet referring to the above tweet being stolen from the OBR's paid subscription portion of the site.

Ah yes......free agency is upon us. brownie

Browns not mentioned.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
With Z and Mo now in house. My guess is they will pursue DJ Reader and if that fails then they will resign Harris.

Legend
Legend
Anthony Walker signed a one year deal with the Dolphins.

Really popular player both with the Browns and Colts. He will probably become a coach at some point.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767304141389353384

I wish him well.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by bonefish
Anthony Walker signed a one year deal with the Dolphins.

Really popular player both with the Browns and Colts. He will probably become a coach at some point.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767304141389353384

I wish him well.

I really wish we would sign an impact/stud LB to compliment JOK.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
Devin White is a free agent. He is only 26. He wanted an extension. It didn't happen. I don't know anything else.

He was the fifth player in the draft. Won every type of linebacker awards that you can find.

He has an estimated value of $10.7 m.

Sounds good to me.

Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
He played for Schwartz with the Eagles.

Legend
Legend
Hate to lose Tati

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan

Not the impact/stud LB I was hoping for

Legend
Legend
The Browns want impact from DL/DB, and that's where they spend their money. LB is not a priority for them.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
The Browns want impact from DL/DB, and that's where they spend their money. LB is not a priority for them.

Unfortunately. Look at the impact JOK made last year

Legend
Legend
I know we wanted Zach Moss ... I think we'll sign a RB and try go get Reader

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by DaveyD

Unfortunately. Look at the impact JOK made last year

I understand, however...think about how JOK played the year before with mediocre DL and how JOK played this past year with a much improved/excellent DL. That isn't a knock on JOK, it's saying players can play up to their ability when others are doing their jobs (i.e. eating up blockers, causing pressure).

Legend
Legend
j/c:

Browns interested in former No. 1 pick Jameis Winston as backup after Jacoby Brissett to Patriots; Joe Flacco on hold

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...-brissett-is-headed-to-the-patriots.html

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
With Z and Mo now in house. My guess is they will pursue DJ Reader and if that fails then they will resign Harris.

Sounds possible. We may resign Harris anyway. Just let him sit out there for a while. If someone make an offer, his agent would probably call us to see if we would match or beat the offer by some. This assumes that Harris wants to come back. If nobody tries to sign him, we might be able to sign him back on the cheap.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News Continued....

Link Copied to Clipboard