Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Personally, I'm offended for the Transgender community. The Democratic part is weaponizing them against Christians and their beliefs.
If President Biden didn't want this to be a publicity stunt, he could have waited until April 1. He should focus on coexistence instead of driving a wedge between people on sacred holidays.

www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/pr...on-on-transgender-day-of-visibility-2024

MARCH 29, 2024

A Proclamation on Transgender Day of Visibility, 2024
HOME

BRIEFING ROOM
PRESIDENTIAL ACTIONS
On Transgender Day of Visibility, we honor the extraordinary courage and contributions of transgender Americans and reaffirm our Nation’s commitment to forming a more perfect Union — where all people are created equal and treated equally throughout their lives.

I am proud that my Administration has stood for justice from the start, working to ensure that the LGBTQI+ community can live openly, in safety, with dignity and respect. I am proud to have appointed transgender leaders to my Administration and to have ended the ban on transgender Americans serving openly in our military. I am proud to have signed historic Executive Orders that strengthen civil rights protections in housing, employment, health care, education, the justice system, and more. I am proud to have signed the Respect for Marriage Act into law, ensuring that every American can marry the person they love.

Transgender Americans are part of the fabric of our Nation. Whether serving their communities or in the military, raising families or running businesses, they help America thrive. They deserve, and are entitled to, the same rights and freedoms as every other American, including the most fundamental freedom to be their true selves. But extremists are proposing hundreds of hateful laws that target and terrify transgender kids and their families — silencing teachers; banning books; and even threatening parents, doctors, and nurses with prison for helping parents get care for their children. These bills attack our most basic American values: the freedom to be yourself, the freedom to make your own health care decisions, and even the right to raise your own child. It is no surprise that the bullying and discrimination that transgender Americans face is worsening our Nation’s mental health crisis, leading half of transgender youth to consider suicide in the past year. At the same time, an epidemic of violence against transgender women and girls, especially women and girls of color, continues to take too many lives. Let me be clear: All of these attacks are un-American and must end. No one should have to be brave just to be themselves.

At the same time, my Administration is working to stop the bullying and harassment of transgender children and their families. The Department of Justice has taken action to push back against extreme and un-American State laws targeting transgender youth and their families and the Department of Justice is partnering with law enforcement and community groups to combat hate and violence. My Administration is also providing dedicated emergency mental health support through our nationwide suicide and crisis lifeline — any LGBTQI+ young person in need can call “988” and press “3” to speak with a counselor trained to support them. We are making public services more accessible for transgender Americans, including with more inclusive passports and easier access to Social Security benefits. There is much more to do. I continue to call on the Congress to pass the Equality Act, to codify civil rights protections for all LGBTQI+ Americans.

Today, we send a message to all transgender Americans: You are loved. You are heard. You are understood. You belong. You are America, and my entire Administration and I have your back.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim March 31, 2024, as Transgender Day of Visibility. I call upon all Americans to join us in lifting up the lives and voices of transgender people throughout our Nation and to work toward eliminating violence and discrimination based on gender identity.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-ninth day of March, in the year of our Lord two thousand twenty-four, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-eighth.

JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Shout out to the trans community. Keep doing yall thing.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
This does nothing to stop or prevent anyone from celebrating Easter any way they choose. You included. Therefore the only wedge is one invented within your own mind.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Clearly, the only people you are allowed to bully in the Biden Administration are Republicans. (Or any others that disagree with his/their politics) /Purple

Sidenote, I hate those suicide prevention number promotions. The numbers are good. Repeating the reminder of them over and over while people are on hold with VA Healthcare is enough to make one seriously contemplate it. It's like I wasn't thinking about it, but then I heard suicide mentioned 50 times in 15 minutes, and then you gave me a card, and a flier, and a magnet, and a poster, and an email. Now I've got to try really hard not to think about it. Unfortunately, trying not to think about something is really thinking about something.

A more cynical man might think the higher ups are trying to use reverse psychology to drive down costs.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
Fact Check: Transgender Day of Visibility falls annually on March 31, not always at Easter

International Transgender Day of Visibility (TDOV) takes place annually on March 31 to celebrate transgender and gender non-conforming individuals. It was not designed intentionally to fall on Easter Sunday as claimed by some online account.

Social media posts this year said the occasion was designed to be on Easter, given this year Easter Sunday also falls on March 31.

One post says, “Transgender visibility day is designed to mock Christians. That’s why they hold it every year on the same day as Easter.”

However, TDOV has been celebrated on the same date, March 31, for years. The date of Easter changes each year LGBTQ-focused media advocacy organization GLAAD says TDOV was created by trans advocate Rachel Crandall in 2010 in response to most of the news stories about transgender people being about violence.

Easter falls on the first Sunday after the full moon after the spring equinox, between March 22 and April 25. Last year, it fell on April 9 and in 2022 it was on April 17.

VERDICT

False. Transgender Day of Visibility falls on March 31 every year. It was not created to fall only on Easter Sunday.

https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/...y-march-31-not-always-easter-2024-03-29/

It was established in 2010. Biden had nothing to do with it. Easter falls on different days of the calendar. Your suggestion is that they should change the date which was established in 2010 because Easter falls on that date. You have been duped again.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
^ This ^

Nothing burger for me.

They've been celebrating this on March 31 for fifteen years, the fact is it's Easter that always changes dates.

Sounds like some are trying to blame Biden.

NOW... if I were Biden and trying to win an election, I would be mum about this whole thing. The only brownie points you can possibly win for mentioning it -- you already had. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
You may not believe this, but Trans people vote also.. Dems seem to be the party of INCLUSION. I don't know if that's enough for Biden to win, it should be., But who knows. I guess we'll find out.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Now I care less. I just found out he has been proclaiming it for 3 years.

I support the awareness

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Instead of a “day of celebration” these folks need multiple days of intense psych care for their serious mental health issues. Instead of enablers telling them to do their thing they need honest people repeating the following, boys can’t be girls and girls can’t be boys. Seems pretty obvious doesn’t it.

Legend
Legend
Hi, keithfromxenia.

I read your most recent post, and I'm curious about something:
Have you ever met one of these people that are being discussed in news articles, op-eds and message boards?

Yes/no is all I'm asking.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
Instead of a “day of celebration” these folks need multiple days of intense psych care for their serious mental health issues. Instead of enablers telling them to do their thing they need honest people repeating the following, boys can’t be girls and girls can’t be boys. Seems pretty obvious doesn’t it.

Thanks for the perfect example of why days like this are needed.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
My guess is kieth has met a transgendered person but had no clue. I’ve met a few that I had no clue they were until I was told. Others were more easily identified by physical characteristics.
My time in Thailand was eye opening. Because of the diminutive size of the Thai people and because of the acceptance of the third sex in their culture, discerning ladyboys out of the crowd was often times impossible.
Knowing what I know of Xenia and its inhabitants, my guess is they live in hiding and fear. Keeping away from the likes of Kieth and his ilk.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P

It seems pretty obvious that for some strange reason you seem very concerned about the identities and sex lives of others which is actually none of your business.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Conservatives walk by LBGT people everyday and don’t even realize it. Y’all so triggered by the simplest things.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
The way they act you would think the LGBTQ community tried to overthrow the election results or something.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
The way they act you would think the LGBTQ community tried to overthrow the election results or something.

Right? You would think they were trying to take conservatives autonomy over their own bodies or something.

- Theodore Roosevelt
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
A lot of ignorance on here from you lefties, but Clem you asked an honest question and you wanted a simple answer. Yes.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Ignorance is thinking it's any of your business how others live their life. Ignorance is not understanding that God loves everyone. Ignorance is thinking you have the right to judge others. He who be without sin, Judge ye not and all of that. It seems you aren't representing the book you claim to believe in so well.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Ok Clem, I gave you the short answer. A couple of additional thoughts. Yes I have met people with gender dysphoria, probably more than I realize. And because the dayton hospital I worked at had a large inpatient psychiatric unit I have also met people with schizophrenia, ocd, bipolar and assorted other mental health issues. In no case did anyone suggest that they had anything but a mental illness. And the docs were honest with the patients and worked with them to fix the problem.

I do not know if you lefties think we should be dishonest with all mental health issues or just with gender dysphoria. But I think we need to speak the truth.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Spoken like a truly ignorant individual. I think you're the one in need of help sir.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
If it is ignorant to not believe people can be “gender fluid” count me in. If ignorant means that cutting the genitals off a little boy does not make him a little girl count me in. You can live in fantasy land if you wish but I will go with truth, truth that has served humankind for millinia. That there are men and there are women. There are people withXx and xy chromosomes. That is the way it has been Until you looney lefties started inventing things. But truth is still truth.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Truth? Whose truth is that you bray about like a donkey. The truth is people like you 30 years ago said the same thing about homosexuality. You may well still do. The truth is you have no clue and never will, i guess we should pity you.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Ignorance is thinking it's any of your business how others live their life. Ignorance is not understanding that God loves everyone. Ignorance is thinking you have the right to judge others. He who be without sin, Judge ye not and all of that. It seems you aren't representing the book you claim to believe in so well.

Maybe you should practice what you preach. The log in your eye is the size of a mountain.

No Craps Given
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Portland, what you know about me could be placed on the head of a pin with room left over. So instead of braying nonsense about me perhaps you should abide by that old adage, better to remain silent and thought the fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.

And you make it clear you do not know Xenia so I will tell you one thing about the people in Xenia. They would not tolerate punk thugs vandalizing and destroying property and assaulting police officers for 100+ days. They would put a stop to it. But then, Xenians have a spine.

Legend
Legend
A couple of Quick points.

1. This Transgender Recognition day began in 2009. It's March 31st every year.

2. This year it happened to fall on Easter Sunday. More to the point, Easter Sunday, which is celebrated on different dates each year, happened to fall on the 31st.

There is NO Biden connection. This is nothing but thing brought on by Right Wing MAGA nutjobs.

Hopefully, we can dispose of the nonsense that somehow Biden is responsible for this.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg

Maybe you should practice what you preach. The log in your eye is the size of a mountain.

At least mine is in my eye and not up my.......

I'm not trying to stop people from going to church. I'm not trying to stop people from reading books. I'm not trying to institute my religious beliefs in our school systems. Nastiness and hate isn't hard to see. Just like keithfromxenia with his name calling. Just like you and your libtard saying. Substance is not your friend. Some people think they have the right to show disdain for the things they don't understand.

Just like this from keith.....
cutting the genitals off a little boy

We found no examples of "young kids" receiving transition-related surgery. The Florida Department of Health differentiates between children - under 10 - and adolescents - between 10 and 18. DeSantis' office provided PolitiFact with two cases involving adolescents.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...related-surgery-limited-teens-not-young/

And even when the boys were older, which was still only two cases, there were extensive psychological testing and counseling done before hand. But of course keithfromzenia knows more than they do, right?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by EveDawg

At least mine is in my eye and not up my.......

I'm not trying to stop people from going to church. I'm not trying to stop people from reading books. I'm not trying to institute my religious beliefs in our school systems. Nastiness and hate isn't hard to see. Just like keithfromxenia with his name calling. Just like you and your libtard saying. Substance is not your friend. Some people think they have the right to show disdain for the things they don't understand.

Just like this from keith.....
cutting the genitals off a little boy

We found no examples of "young kids" receiving transition-related surgery. The Florida Department of Health differentiates between children - under 10 - and adolescents - between 10 and 18. DeSantis' office provided PolitiFact with two cases involving adolescents.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...related-surgery-limited-teens-not-young/

And even when the boys were older, which was still only two cases, there were extensive psychological testing and counseling done before hand. But of course keithfromzenia knows more than they do, right?

Where are the two cases now? It feels like a somewhat important part of the discussion. Having spent some time dealing with/researching the "psychological" "industry" recently, it seems that there is a bunch of contradictory research out there. It appears there tends to be a rather short term focus in psychiatry in particular. I.e, people that take SSRIs are significantly more likely to have another bout of depression than those that don't take SSRIs. (One can look up the STAR*D studies.) Yet, psychiatrists (in my experience) tend to turn immediately to pharmaceuticals as the first attempt solution to psychological disorders. It seems to follow the logic of Maslow's quote on the law of instrument. “If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.” It refers to an over-reliance on a familiar or favourite tool.

So, I think before jumping to any conclusions on the efficacy of extensive preemptive testing and counseling, we should probably consider how things work out in the long run. It could work out fine. But, at the moment, long term outcomes seem to be more assumed than known.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Portland, what you know about me could be placed on the head of a pin with room left over. So instead of braying nonsense about me perhaps you should abide by that old adage, better to remain silent and thought the fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.

And you make it clear you do not know Xenia so I will tell you one thing about the people in Xenia. They would not tolerate punk thugs vandalizing and destroying property and assaulting police officers for 100+ days. They would put a stop to it. But then, Xenians have a spine.

The word xenophobia must have first been coined in Xenia.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I wouldn't take personal shots. I've spent a lot of time in Xenia, as an attorney. Been before all three judges there (two in Common Pleas, and one in Municipal). It's a rural, blue collar town, with a lot of good people, but it has its challenges, too. Almost all of the clients I had there were white and likely Conservative. I will say, huge opiate problem there...like HUGE. Didn't notice a whole lot on the xenophobia as far as LGBTQ goes, but probably not much exposure to that in that area. Definitely some level of racism, though, in my experience. Had two black clients. Both received a lot of grief.

Last edited by dawglover05; 04/01/24 11:43 AM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
My point was that people such as keith somehow have been told, and believe this is some kind of wide spread thing that's going on. It's very rare and while still rare even I don't approve of it. I think they should wait until they're of age when they can legally make their own decision.

So, I think before jumping to any conclusions on the efficacy of extensive preemptive testing and counseling, we should probably consider how things work out in the long run. It could work out fine. But, at the moment, long term outcomes seem to be more assumed than known.

Of course I never broached that topic, suggested any conclusion nor made any claims about the efficacy. If that's a road you wish to travel down enjoy the journey.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I know that area very well myself from when I was younger. You description seems to be quite accurate. And sadly crime is, or I guess I should say was high since I'm not familiar with the current conditions. They face many of the same problems much of small town America faces which many wish to gloss over and pretend only exists in big city issues.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Was just pointing out the ignorance here. The only thing I know about Xenia, Oh. Is the town is a tornado magnet, and it was the capitol of the great Shawnee nation at one time, until, well you know, the white man killed them off or sent them westward.

– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My point was that people such as keith somehow have been told, and believe this is some kind of wide spread thing that's going on. It's very rare and while still rare even I don't approve of it. I think they should wait until they're of age when they can legally make their own decision.

Of course I never broached that topic, suggested any conclusion nor made any claims about the efficacy. If that's a road you wish to travel down enjoy the journey.

I'm not sure how you think you made that point with what you wrote.

But you did suggest some efficacy by implying that those people knew more than keith. Trying to hem and haw your way out of that is typical. Avoiding a discussion you know you are on the wrong side of is also typical. I didn't mention it in hopes of enjoying it. Unfortunately, to reach meaningful solutions one frequently has to deal with unpleasant realities. I anxiously await your likely attempt to try to change the discussion to something else. rolleyes

Sorry, I have not been in the greatest mood before browsing the boards. Dismissive attitudes are one of my buttons. As are gaslighters.

Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
I said that I believe Doctors with degrees in mental health know more than keith. Anything further you wish to draw from that is on you. Or do you think keith is better qualified to make such judgements? Creating content that was never there to begin with is a you issue.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
rofl

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Pretty sad isn't it?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I said that I believe Doctors with degrees in mental health know more than keith. Anything further you wish to draw from that is on you. Or do you think keith is better qualified to make such judgements? Creating content that was never there to begin with is a you issue.

You actually didn't say that. (blatant lie, a common gaslighting tactic) But, you seem to be confirming the implication I "drew." I don't know how qualified keith is. I do question how qualified you are. Your creating content that wasn't there (another gaslighting tactic, misdirection) is an issue I find myself encountering frequently, yes.

Oh look. Your gaslighting buddy posted an emoticon and you respond with standard gaslighting tactics, erosion and minimization. It is "pretty sad isn't it?"

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Pretty sad isn't it?

Pathetic.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, this isn't saying that they are more qualified.....

This is an obvious indication that mental health care professionals know more and are better qualified to diagnose these things than keith. Unless of course someone is being intentionally obtuse and simply trying to start a controversy where none exists. Speaking of gaslighting.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
People debating the surgery as if that is what defines "Transgender" is missing the point. People thinking this is rampant and something schools are trying to indoctrinate school kids with, are misinformed. Angry Old white guys telling the rest of the world what they should be thinking and doing with their bodies is nothing new.

Last edited by mgh888; 04/01/24 01:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Celebrate Transgender Day of Visibility on Easter Sunday

Link Copied to Clipboard