Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I know that this has been turned into a political talking point and the sheeple follow along. that's what's around us all. I think you strongly underestimate the amount of sheeple in our society. Actually I don't think that you do that. I think you're just trying to make a counterpoint that doesn't exist.

There are lots of sheeple. Unfortunately, there are a few varieties. I think you use most inaccurately and otherwise generalize and obfuscate with annoying frequency. Presenting things as fact that you make up on the spot is another seeming habit.

"Most" people blaming everything but corporations for corporations being greedy seems a rather ridiculous assertion to me.

Most people I know complain about greedy corporations.

You complain but then vote for the very party that wants to lower their taxes and deregulate corporations even further.

At least us libs complain and vote accordingly. You conservatives just complain and…complain some more.

But it’s expected. All yall ever do is complain, then vote for the thing you complain about.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ah, the "most people I know" theory. The anecdotal evidence argument. That's really no better than the accusations you made about me.

It is better because I actually know the people I'm referencing. I'm not blanket referencing all people and saying most of them do anything. Actual people literally said things in my presence. Of the people I know and interact with in person, most complain about corporations. That's certainly due in no small part to the people I choose to interact with, which is why I specified "people I know." I don't fantasize about all people and what they must think and project my ideas upon them as you seem to.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Swish
I know that this has been turned into a political talking point and the sheeple follow along. that's what's around us all. I think you strongly underestimate the amount of sheeple in our society. Actually I don't think that you do that. I think you're just trying to make a counterpoint that doesn't exist.

There are lots of sheeple. Unfortunately, there are a few varieties. I think you use most inaccurately and otherwise generalize and obfuscate with annoying frequency. Presenting things as fact that you make up on the spot is another seeming habit.

"Most" people blaming everything but corporations for corporations being greedy seems a rather ridiculous assertion to me.

You complain but then vote for the very party that wants to lower their taxes and deregulate corporations even further.

At least us libs complain and vote accordingly. You conservatives just complain and…complain some more.

But it’s expected. All yall ever do is complain, then vote for the thing you complain about.

Except I don't vote for them. Swell assumption. Great argument. thumbsup

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You perfectly described anecdotal evidence. Much like, "Well around these parts". Your circle of associates isn't in any way indicative of or evidence of the overall population.

Majority of Democrats Blame Joe Biden for Soaring Inflation: Poll

https://www.newsweek.com/majority-democrats-blame-joe-biden-record-inflation-poll-1717669

Explainer: Republicans blame Biden for inflation, but are they right?

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/republicans-blame-biden-inflation-are-they-right-2021-11-01/

But please, do go on....

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You perfectly described anecdotal evidence. Much like, "Well around these parts". Your circle of associates isn't in any way indicative of or evidence of the overall population.

Majority of Democrats Blame Joe Biden for Soaring Inflation: Poll

https://www.newsweek.com/majority-democrats-blame-joe-biden-record-inflation-poll-1717669

Explainer: Republicans blame Biden for inflation, but are they right?

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/republicans-blame-biden-inflation-are-they-right-2021-11-01/

But please, do go on....

I didn't claim anything with regards to overall population. You did.

Wow, past polls that use a sensational headline. You sure showed me. rolleyes

Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
The results are what they are. You claimed it was me who refused to see anything other than the way that I believe. When in fact, even when shown the evidence it ends up that it's you who can't see anything other than the way you believe. You use "the people I know" as your premise when I made it obvious to you they don't represent "most people". But I didn't expect a different response than what you offered up.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Except I don't vote for them. Swell assumption. Great argument. thumbsup

So go on record right now and state that you don’t vote heavily GOP in your voting history.

This is starting to remind me of Arch trying to tell everyone he didn’t vote for Trump back in 2016, only for him to break and finally admit what we all knew.

You ain’t gonna lie to kick it, bro.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You're quoting a poll that says (more or less) "majority of Democrats blame Biden for Inflation."

If you read the article, it shows that the actual number is 53% of Democrats.

If you read further, you see that the number of people polled is 1,310. What is the margin for error when looking at US population and using 1,310 individuals using IDB/TIPP's polling methodology? If it's greater than 3%, that headline is quite misleading.

Yet, you're making claims about "most people" (with no additional specificity.)

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So go on record right now and state that you don’t vote heavily GOP in your voting history.

This is starting to remind me of Arch trying to tell everyone he didn’t vote for Trump back in 2016, only for him to break and finally admit what we all knew.

You ain’t gonna lie to kick it, bro.

I haven't voted for a Republican in the past 20 years. I'm not sure I ever did before then. Definitely never voted for Trump.

Edit: Didn't vote for Biden, either. Literally setting a ballot on fire would probably be cathartic.

Last edited by Bull_Dawg; 03/31/24 01:40 PM.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You're up to your usual deflection. That was only a poll of the democrats. Try adding in all of the republicans blame Biden for it and see what excuses you can come up with next. Just like your CO2 argument. You come up with one aspect of it to attack the entire premise of cutting CO2 emissions.

Even if a poll of democrats was at 40%, when you combine Republicans into the mix the results aren't even close. Sadly, I think you actually know this but just keep carrying on anyway.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You're up to your usual deflection. That was only a poll of the democrats. Try adding in all of the republicans blame Biden for it and see what excuses you can come up with next. Just like your CO2 argument. You come up with one aspect of it to attack the entire premise of cutting CO2 emissions.

Even if a poll of democrats was at 40%, when you combine Republicans into the mix the results aren't even close. Sadly, I think you actually know this but just keep carrying on anyway.

It actually wasn't only a poll of Democrats. Good to know that you didn't actually read the article you linked. That was just what they cherry picked for the headline.

I'm not attacking the entire premise of cutting CO2 emissions. I just think that particular one is a scam.

But, again, you generalize, obfuscate, and attempt to put words into other people's mouths.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Anyone reading it can see your agenda. You don't hide it well. Just like with Ukraine. Eventually you admitted that sending them arms was better than doing nothing. After days of arguing against sending them arms. So your argument is "Yeah, but if the poll is off it doesn't count. With nothing that suggests it isn't accurate because "The people I know"........ Well alrighty then.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anyone reading it can see your agenda. You don't hide it well. Just like with Ukraine. Eventually you admitted that sending them arms was better than doing nothing. After days of arguing against sending them arms. So your argument is "Yeah, but if the poll is off it doesn't count. With nothing that suggests it isn't accurate because "The people I know"........ Well alrighty then.

The problem is you can't see my agenda. What do you think my agenda is?

Better than nothing, doesn't mean it is great. My argument was never to do nothing. It was to do more. It was to do better.

I'm not knocking the poll. I never said it didn't count. I'm questioning your interpretation of the poll. When you say it was just a poll of Democrats, and the article shows where the same poll also included Republicans, it makes me doubt your conclusions even more.

Your problem seems to be that anyone that wants to do something different than you is the enemy and therefore thinks we should do nothing. The nothing part is all in your head. In reality, We just think we should do something different, and, hopefully, better.

Edit: To make things simpler, here's my agenda: 1. Let's not do things that don't really work. 2. Let's try to do better.

No more hiding. rolleyes

Although, I don't think I was really trying to hide it.

Last edited by Bull_Dawg; 03/31/24 02:21 PM.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Hold on….do you even vote?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hold on….do you even vote?

Not for the people printed on the ballot.

Edit: You should know this about me by now. Always have to make my own options.

Last edited by Bull_Dawg; 03/31/24 02:25 PM.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Anyone who wants to do something differently than me is not the enemy. Often times I actually agree that more will be required. But when your argument seems to always be that doing something rather than everything is a bad idea, it certainly portrays that you support doing nothing because it won't totally solve the problem. In the end you come around and say something is better than nothing. But that's long after you've argued that doing something won't solve anything.

And no matter how hard yo twist it, if your questioning my conclusion of the poll, that means you are in fact questioning the poll. Those two things are one in the same.

I'm always hoping for better. I'm just not spending my time posting against trying to start the process of doing better.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anyone who wants to do something differently than me is not the enemy. Often times I actually agree that more will be required. But when your argument seems to always be that doing something rather than everything is a bad idea, it certainly portrays that you support doing nothing because it won't totally solve the problem. In the end you come around and say something is better than nothing. But that's long after you've argued that doing something won't solve anything.

And no matter how hard yo twist it, if your questioning my conclusion of the poll, that means you are in fact questioning the poll. Those two things are one in the same.

I'm always hoping for better. I'm just not spending my time posting against trying to start the process of doing better.

Polls don't make conclusions. People do. Many of them fallacious. I will try to remember that you are the poll, though. (I.e, Pit doesn't need to sit on a pole, he is the poll. Lol)

But by promoting bad solutions you really are working against the process of doing better. Not only are you assisting preventing resources from being used optimally, in some cases you seem to support adding to the problem.

With regards to Ukraine, I didn't so much changed my opinion of the efficacy of supplying arms to win the war. Rather, I considered the idea that winning the war didn't have to be the goal. I understand the differentiation there may be difficult to comprehend.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
What bad solutions have I promoted? Did I actually claim that some of the ideas I promoted were "solutions"? Or instead did I say they would help the problem? Working towards finding a solution is often accomplished in steps and not all at once. You must first start by improving a problem before you can find any solution to it. I also said that Ukraine wanted to defend itself and we should give them an opportunity to do that. I never said Ukraine would win the war. But then again I didn't say it was an accomplishment that was impossible for them to accomplish either.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Jc

I’m still waiting on conservatives to explain to me why corporations keep raising prices despite there being no need to.

The free market doesn’t seem to be all that interested in setting fair market prices for the consumer.

I guess they never have, but that’s a different conversation…

I’d be curious to see exactly how much of the “inflation” goes right into corporate margins. Defense industry is still screaming inflation at us even though most of the indices we look at show they were largely unaffected by any of it. In many cases they came out ahead.

I'd say that there is a pretty good percentage of the profit increase corporations are seeing is due to the higher prices they charged during the Pandemic and all the problems we had with getting the goods to the shelves (so to speak). The supply chains are way way better than they were 2 years ago.

Just keep in mind, workers pay has gone up also. With all that said, I have little doubt that it still comes down to they all figured out we'd be willing to pay higher prices so they keep charging them.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Legend
Legend
A

Pretty certain that's an incorrect statement. In fact, I KNOW it's incorrect. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else?

I never said I didn't vote for Trump. I probably said something along the lines of "I voted for trump over hillary....."

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Jc

I’m still waiting on conservatives to explain to me why corporations keep raising prices despite there being no need to.

The free market doesn’t seem to be all that interested in setting fair market prices for the consumer.

I guess they never have, but that’s a different conversation…

I’d be curious to see exactly how much of the “inflation” goes right into corporate margins. Defense industry is still screaming inflation at us even though most of the indices we look at show they were largely unaffected by any of it. In many cases they came out ahead.

I'd say that there is a pretty good percentage of the profit increase corporations are seeing is due to the higher prices they charged during the Pandemic and all the problems we had with getting the goods to the shelves (so to speak). The supply chains are way way better than they were 2 years ago.

Just keep in mind, workers pay has gone up also. With all that said, I have little doubt that it still comes down to they all figured out we'd be willing to pay higher prices so they keep charging them.

Right. Simply I’d just like to know how much inflation allocates to response in rising costs and how much inflation and how much inflation allocates to shear increase in margin. That could be telling information on greed levels, or lack thereof to be fair.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Well we all know the entire economy rests on the price of your groceries.

No, but kitchen economics is at or near the top.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

No question, the price of Groceries is tough of many. The point of blaming that on Biden is just stupid

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

No question, the price of Groceries is tough of many. The point of blaming that on Biden is just stupid

For me, it's not just a question of cost. There's also the question of quality. Unfortunately, the government tends to subsidize mass production over quality production. That's not a Biden specific issue. Unfortunately, corporations like Monsanto have held a lot of lobbying power and policy influence for over a century.

It seems the government falls into the trap of more food cheaper is always good. A better paradigm would probably be to focus on getting more good food, cheaper and locally. To me, it's another example of something that sounds good on the surface, but ultimately works out to subsidizing someone's profits while that someone finds more and more ways to create profits instead of improving the thing they are actually paid to provide. Consider, providing more food faster quantity wise sounds good. But, if each individual piece of food has lower nutritional value the consumer is paying the "same" price for less.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Nah I remember it clearly. You tried to be all non-committal, and even after the election tried to dodge the question, until of course a Hillary post by someone triggered you into finally admitting you voted for him.

You don’t remember? I said at the time Hillary must have dumped you back in high school and all that.

Pepperidge farm remembers.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Does it really matter who you vote for?

The Democracy Problem- Link

I'm not sure I agree with everything there, but it is a lot to think about.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Not as much as one would hope for, but yes it does. If you can't see the obvious difference it isn't worthy of discussion.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: Swish, PerfectSpiral
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not as much as one would hope for, but yes it does. If you can't see the obvious difference it isn't worthy of discussion.

I take it you didn't read the link?

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You made a very open ended statement which I responded to. Accurately I might add.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You made a very open ended statement which I responded to. Accurately I might add.

It wasn't a statement, it was a question. (blatant lie) It also wasn't asked in a vacuum. You ignored the substance of my post. Now Swish and Spiral seem to be acting as your proxies.

How can one respond accurately if they avoid reading the majority of what that one is responding to?

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yes, it matters who you vote for. Call me a fool.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe you should have made your question relevant to the link you posted. You did not. I responded accurately to the question you posed. Don't blame me for your own shortcomings.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
rofl

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Bro, we’re proxies for Pit!! *high five*

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: PerfectSpiral
P
Legend
Legend
P
More than one person disagrees with him so it must be some kind of organized plot.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Swish
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe you should have made your question relevant to the link you posted. You did not. I responded accurately to the question you posed. Don't blame me for your own shortcomings.

Did you ever read the link? If not, how do you know the relevance?

Are you that insecure that you're afraid to click a link?

If you have clicked the link, can you comment on what was inside?

I have plenty of shortcomings. I'm not blaming you for them. I'm pointing out your behaviors. If that makes you uncomfortable, perhaps you should stop performing the behaviors.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P

I answered your question. I'm sorry you didn't word your question in a way that was more relevant to what you wanted to see in the responses.

Your commenting based on your perception and nothing more. And no, your perception doesn't bother me in the slightest.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Yes, it matters who you vote for. Call me a fool.

Originally Posted by PitDawg
I live in Tennessee. My vote never does anything. The hardliners always get elected here. Nobody I will vote for will be elected. There has only actually been one exception since I moved here. Gov. Bill Haslam when he was running for governor. There was no doubt a Republican would win and he was a very moderate, common sense Republican. Given the alternatives I supported him and he was the governor. Things have gone downhill since.

Those two ideas would appear to be contradictory.

My question was "Does it matter who you vote for?" Pit just said "My vote never does anything." Answering yes to the question while making the latter statement doesn't seem to be clear and obvious to me. Just saying.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
He expects his audience to appreciate his performance. Clap clap.

– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I answered your question. I'm sorry you didn't word your question in a way that was more relevant to what you wanted to see in the responses.

Your commenting based on your perception and nothing more. And no, your perception doesn't bother me in the slightest.

How about answering these questions then?

Did you ever read the link? If not, how do you know the relevance?

Are you that insecure that you're afraid to click a link?

If you have clicked the link, can you comment on what was inside?

Fiercely Independent.
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus The economy……

Link Copied to Clipboard