Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Nice. Was "worried" he would end up in Pittsburgh.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Have the jets done anything to improve their o-line?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If Tyron Smith can stay healthy, yes. (PFF 83.8 Last season)

Edit: Traded for Morgan Moses at RT as well. (PFF 77.6 Last season)

Last year's OTs with the most snaps were 50s and lower via PFF. And they played a handful.

Last edited by Bull_Dawg; 03/19/24 05:37 PM.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
If Tyron Smith can stay healthy, yes.

So no rofl

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Tomlin did a great job last season.

I don't know about Wilson. I used to think he was damn good. Now there seems to be baggage with him. I wonder how he will fit into the Steelers.

I thought Fields would be worth more than a conditional sixth. You can see talent and athleticism. He is a young guy. He may develop.

However, both are coming to a new situation. How that works out is questionable. First they have to settle on who is the starter.

I see the possibility of friction while the top teams have starters in place inside an existing working culture.

I still see them as an 8 to 10 win team that if they did win a wild card would not advance.

Nothing is in stone and they could put it together. There is potential but that is the way I see it today.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by bonefish
Tomlin did a great job last season.

I don't know about Wilson. I used to think he was damn good. Now there seems to be baggage with him. I wonder how he will fit into the Steelers.

I thought Fields would be worth more than a conditional sixth. You can see talent and athleticism. He is a young guy. He may develop.

However, both are coming to a new situation. How that works out is questionable. First they have to settle on who is the starter.

I see the possibility of friction while the top teams have starters in place inside an existing working culture.

I still see them as an 8 to 10 win team that if they did win a wild card would not advance.

Nothing is in stone and they could put it together. There is potential but that is the way I see it today.

there is no baggage with wilson. Denver tried to screw him over and not pay him.. The issue was Payton not wilson. 3k yard-26/8 last year.. I'd take him over anything we have on our roster right now. And they finished 10-7 last year with some of the worse QB/OC in the last 50 years. They will be fine. In fact I think as of right now they are ahead of us. We still have alot of question marks ourselves.. Is chubb going to return to form, is watson? we have question on OL depth and Linebackers, coaching staff is completely different. I'd say we have more to overcome they they do.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
and Hank gets himself another great o-lineman smile

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
not a bad deal for spending a spent pick (2023 3rd)

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Clearly, there are some issues wherever Diggs goes. Lots of WR mouths to feed in HOU. That may make it the same old song and dance for a disgruntled Diggs.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Boo. Definitely going to have to re-think Tank Dell as one of my fantasy football keepers.

Who all does Buffalo have at WR now?

Gabe Davis and Diggs gone now.

So, Shakir and Curtis Samuel? Who am I forgetting?

Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Who all does Buffalo have at WR now?

Curtis Samuel
Khalil Shakir
Mack Hollins.

Both their TEs (Kincaid and Knox) are versatile and can be used outside, but they have their work cut out for them addressing the WR position.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Texans are loading up

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
They have a long window. Stroud is a STUD.

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
Texans are loading up

This feels so much like the 2019 Browns.

Legend
Legend
AB also got Jeudy for a song.

It still has to prove out because we traded a second for Moore.

Berry is revamping the receiver room.

Legend
Legend
In fairness, we traded a second (#42) for Moore and a 3rd. (#74)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
Texans are loading up

This feels so much like the 2019 Browns.

Only the Browns didn't have C.J. Stroud at QB.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yea, unfortunately CJ looks legit to my untrained eye. He doesn’t look like a 1 year flash to me. I can’t explain it but certain QBs that are touted never strike fear in me. Josh Allen is a good example. They don’t seem to be able to will their whole team over another team. Stroud looks like he can exert his will on a game similar to Mahomes. Too early to say of course but that’s what my eye sees right now.

Last edited by 10YrOvernightSuccess; 04/04/24 10:54 AM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
He has certainly outperformed anyone the Browns have had in the position for many years.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
A lot of OSU colored glasses being worn in this thread.

Baker not only was really good his rookie year, there were several media types hyping up year 2 Baker and picking the Browns to go to the Super Bowl. The Browns were also making all kinds of moves to put them in a position to do that.

This is pretty much a carbon copy going on. Whether Stroud is better than Baker at the same stages of their career is debatable. What I don’t think is debatable is that QBs first years being a predictor of future success is a slippery slope.

1 member likes this: oobernoober
P
Legend
Legend
P
Most QB's don't accomplish that until year three. OSU haters are no better.

#gmstrong
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
I don’t like this move for Houston, I think Diggs is a malcontent, when things dont go his way he pouts, and I don’t think that is good for a young team.

Good move for Buffalo, maybe we can trade Moore to them for a 4th.

P
Legend
Legend
P
A lot of great WR's were prima donnas and malcontents. There's a very long list of them. As per usual we don't have any idea of what was going on behind closed doors in Buffalo. Ill let this play out before drawing an opinion. I know he's a damned good WR. I know fans drew the very same conclusion about OBJ when he was here and there's been nothing but praise about him as a team mate since he left Cleveland. One thing is for sure. People don't know what they don't know.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Frenchy
I don’t like this move for Houston, I think Diggs is a malcontent, when things dont go his way he pouts, and I don’t think that is good for a young team.

I agree.

Athletic senior writer from Buffalo, Tim Graham:

“For the past couple seasons, there was turbulence. After the Cincinnati Bengals bounced the Bills from the 2022-23 playoffs, an emotional game in which a gesticulating Diggs seemed to wear out Allen and then-quarterbacks coach Joe Brady on the bench, Diggs infamously stormed out of the locker room so fast the pressbox assistant coaches hadn’t gotten inside for McDermott to deliver his postgame speech. Practice squad running back Duke Johnson tracked down Diggs in the Highmark Stadium tunnel and begged him not to leave.”

I can hear it already, the murmur of Diggs' voice in Stroud's ear -- telling him how he 'made' Josh Allen.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by Frenchy

I agree.

Athletic senior writer from Buffalo, Tim Graham:

“For the past couple seasons, there was turbulence. After the Cincinnati Bengals bounced the Bills from the 2022-23 playoffs, an emotional game in which a gesticulating Diggs seemed to wear out Allen and then-quarterbacks coach Joe Brady on the bench, Diggs infamously stormed out of the locker room so fast the pressbox assistant coaches hadn’t gotten inside for McDermott to deliver his postgame speech. Practice squad running back Duke Johnson tracked down Diggs in the Highmark Stadium tunnel and begged him not to leave.”

I can hear it already, the murmur of Diggs' voice in Stroud's ear -- telling him how he 'made' Josh Allen.

Is a 2nd year QB in Stroud mature enough to handle Diggs. Baker was not mature enough to handle OBJ and it broke the offensive room in Cleveland.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
So some people claim.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's odd how many people despise and mistrust Baker right up to the point they think it helps them prove a point they are trying to make. But in this case you only thought it did.

You may wish to read that link. Here is what Mayfield actually said..... "might have cost each other millions of dollars," . Nowhere in your link did the blame for their fractured relationship get thrown on the shoulders of OBJ. Mayfield indicated the fracture between the two mas mutual.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It's odd how many people despise and mistrust Baker right up to the point they think it helps them prove a point they are trying to make. But in this case you only thought it did.

You may wish to read that link. Here is what Mayfield actually said..... "might have cost each other millions of dollars," . Nowhere in your link did the blame for their fractured relationship get thrown on the shoulders of OBJ. Mayfield indicated the fracture between the two mas mutual.

Yes, at that time they did not handle it well. That is the point I was making. Stroud is a young QB and possibly more mature than Baker was when he was here but if not, it will be tough to deal with a personality like Diggs. Both Baker and OBJ admit they did not handle it well back then but have grown up now and resolved their issue.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I do think Baker was rather immature. Unlike some I thought he would grow out of it. Stroud seems very cerebral on the field and hard to rattle. Hopefully it will go better for him. I know both the Rams and Ravens seemed happy with OBJ as a team mate by all accounts.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Baker and OBJ's nonsensical feud, not to mention their immaturity, probably did cost them both millions. It also cost the Browns organization and their fans because if the feud never happened maybe our FO wouldn't have looked at DW as an alternative. It remains to be seen how that will all turn out, but it did seem to cause problems within the team. I have nothing against Baker. I wanted him to do well here and wished him the best when he left. Still do. If they both were mature enough to handle things better the situation would be different now.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It may have been. That's something we'll never really know. I just know that it's nothing unusual for a WR to be a prima donna. It is more unusual for it to escalate to that degree.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Rishuz
A lot of OSU colored glasses being worn in this thread.

Baker not only was really good his rookie year, there were several media types hyping up year 2 Baker and picking the Browns to go to the Super Bowl. The Browns were also making all kinds of moves to put them in a position to do that.

This is pretty much a carbon copy going on. Whether Stroud is better than Baker at the same stages of their career is debatable. What I don’t think is debatable is that QBs first years being a predictor of future success is a slippery slope.

To be abundantly clear, I’m not an OSU guy at all. And I was a Baker supporter. I’ll be glad to be wrong but I also said it’s very early

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Sources: Texans wipe out final three seasons on Stefon Diggs' deal
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39875292/texans-wipe-final-three-seasons-stefon-diggs-deal

We're making a run this year and know you could become an issue at some point.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
And gave him a big raise this year. I'm sure Diggs will be happy to go on the market next year to the highest bidder and getting a raise this year to boot.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Diggs is toast and a super malcontent. Guy is never happy.

The Texans might be good this year. Won’t be because of this trade.

Buffalo has a very relieved Josh Allen right now.

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: GMdawg
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Player News Continued.....

Link Copied to Clipboard