Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
P
Legend
Legend
P
You've already gotten something meaningful from my posts on this. It's just not meaningful in following your narrative. It was quite meaningful in putting into context how much over the predicted inflation rate it actually was for March. Sorry that still bothers you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
He parrots .1% because thats what losers do when they have no winning point. The only number that matters is the cumulative inflation because because thats what you pay in the store. Biden will lose in 2024 because people vote with their wallets. They arent going to say "Gee my bills only went up .1% more than expected this month." They are going to say "My monthly bills have gone up 1000$ a month since Biden has been President. I cant afford it, he needs to go."

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
The inflation rate in 2022 was 9%. It has been cut to almost a third of that. Only losers are in denial of that and that it is certainly a vast improvement from that time. Don't worry, even if trump loses he will try to steal it. Maybe this time he'll get away with it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
The only number that matters is the cummulative inflation. Only losers are in denial of that. Go cherry pick some different number because your .1% is weaksauce. lmao@u

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
You've already gotten something meaningful from my posts on this. It's just not meaningful in following your narrative. It was quite meaningful in putting into context how much over the predicted inflation rate it actually was for March. Sorry that still bothers you.

But that context wasn't actually meaningful to the topic of the economy overall to anyone else participating in the thread. It was meaningful in the same way that shaving a micrometer off an eyelash is meaningful. If you're discussing the length of an eyelash in micrometers, great, but no one else gives a damn. If you've got a tiny speck of metal in your eye, it's meaningful to you. It's not so important to anybody else.

It's not so much that it bothers me. I'm intrigued by the puzzle of the way your mind works (or doesn't.) It seems I have an inherent need to try to fix broken things.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg
The only number that matters is the cummulative inflation.

To you. Some of us actually look for and recognize signs of improvement.

Only losers are in denial of that. Go cherry pick some different number because your .1% is weaksauce. lmao@u

Only losers feel some deep seated need to pretend it's everyone else who are the losers. #feelsorryforyou

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

Only losers are in denial of that. Go cherry pick some different number because your .1% is weaksauce. lmao@u

Only losers feel some deep seated need to pretend it's everyone else who are the losers. #feelsorryforyou

Increasing more than expected isnt an improvement.

Only losers cherry pick insignificant stats to try to claim some moral victory while they ignore the true impact on society of the actual numbers.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Anyone else find the irony of Pit essentially calling himself a loser inexplicably hilarious?

Fiercely Independent.
3 members like this: FATE, MemphisBrownie, EveDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Let's go back to what you yourself posted.....

The "source" was talking about the present

The source wasn't talking about.....

the topic of the economy overall

I responded and kept my comment about the 0.1% to what the source was speaking about. " the present".

The people that tried to dismiss my comment by shifting to the economy overall in no way changed the factual comment I made.

Factually the economy is much improved from where it was in 2022. But there's still a lot of work to be done.

US single-family housing starts, permits near two-year highs

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/us-single-family-housing-starts-soar-february-2024-03-19/

March 2024 jobs report: 303,000 jobs added, marking an acceleration

https://www.jpmorgan.com/insights/outlook/economic-outlook/jobs-report-march-2024

Everything isn't doom and gloom.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

Anyone else find the irony of Pit essentially calling himself a loser inexplicably hilarious?

Only it wasn't me calling others a loser. It's hilarious how some of you feel some need to stick up for the single most nasty poster on the board. But it's not surprising. Then claim you don't have a side. rofl

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

Only it wasn't me calling others a loser. It's hilarious how some of you feel some need to stick up for the single most nasty poster on the board. But it's not surprising. Then claim you don't have a side. rofl

You definitely were passive aggressively calling other people losers.

Of course I felt the need to stick up for myself, and I'm always on my side. nanner

How could I not be on my own side? #TeamNasty rofl

Fiercely Independent.
2 members like this: FATE, EveDawg
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Inflation was 1.4 in Jan 2021 when all this started. It's still more than double. Pitt won't acknowledge this fact because it doesn't fit his narrative. Instead he compares to an arbitrary point that supports his narrative. Anyone that wants to look at the big picture will look at what inflation was before it went up instead of cherry picking data points. First half of 2023 was moving in the right direction, then fizzled in the 2nd half of the year. Now this recovery from inflation is seems to be stuck in the mud. Maybe 3.5 inflation is the new normal.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Right.

It's gone from insanely terrible, to getting better, to getting worse again. But even getting better still has us in terrible shape because the insanely terrible doesn't just get swept off the table anyway. Now that it's getting worse again, Pit says we should celebrate worse because it's not as bad as worst and certainly not as worse as worse could have been if worse was .1% worser.

Maybe he's just waaay smarter than the rest of us?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
People most certainly don't wish to talk about the economy in the big picture. They wish to focus only on inflation while ignoring everything else. Of course you can blame me for that if you like.....

Surprise: Wage growth has actually outpaced the crushing inflation over the past 2.5 years. ‘The economy appears to be doing better than a lot of people might realize'

https://fortune.com/2023/12/12/wage-growth-exceeded-inflation-jec-democrats/

US single-family housing starts, permits near two-year highs

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/us-single-family-housing-starts-soar-february-2024-03-19/

March 2024 jobs report: 303,000 jobs added, marking an acceleration

https://www.jpmorgan.com/insights/outlook/economic-outlook/jobs-report-march-2024

Of course only focusing on inflation while ignoring every other economic indicator seems to be what some of you call discussing the economy.

#gmstrong
FATE #2065531 04/12/24 10:12 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
Maybe he's just waaay smarter than the rest of us?

Only some of you.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c

Only half following along like most of the time now -- but the argument is something along the lines that the macro picture things are improving but micro picture 'this month' things are worse (by 0.1% ?).

Is that correct?

Not claiming to be an expert - but is there seasonal variance that might show that the trend in March/April is a slight increase on a micro level? idk. I know with employment numbers seasonal variation is huge. You might have a month of net job gains but it might be less than the average. You can (politicians do) spin it that it's great news - there was net job creation. Real picture would be if the numbers are less than seasonally adjusted/expected then the numbers are poor. Just a thought.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
E
Legend
Legend
E
The market has been tanking for the last month.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
Stock Market News, March 21, 2024: Dow Climbs to New Record; Reddit Shares Soar in Debut

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/stock-market-today-dow-jones-03-21-2024

Stock Market News, March 28, 2024: Dow, S&P 500 End Quarter at Record Highs

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/stock-market-today-dow-jones-03-28-2024

The length of a month must have gotten shorter.......

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Its down 1K in 30 days. Look at actual stats.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
I have just shown you it hit a record high on March 28th. That was 15 days ago. I can't help you any more than that.

Stock Market News: Dow and S&P 500 Hit Closing Highs

https://www.barrons.com/livecoverage/stock-market-today-032824

March highlighted by markets rising to record highs
04.01.24 // Markets & Investing // Article

Market rally driven by a broadening of the market and optimism that the Federal Reserve will deliver rate cuts later this year.

March was a month of new records. All three major equity indices — the S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average and Nasdaq — hit all-time highs and equity markets were positive for the fifth month in a row. The equity market rally was driven by mega-cap tech stocks, the broadening of the market and optimism that the Federal Reserve (Fed) would deliver rate cuts later this year.

“Equity markets rose to record highs as the Fed is still expected to cut interest rates three times and deliver a soft, non-recessionary landing, which is supportive for corporate earnings,” said Raymond James Chief Investment Officer Larry Adam. “That growing optimism appears to have been priced into the equity market with valuations now at stretched levels — the highest over the last 20 years outside of COVID.”

Bond yields were largely unchanged this month, sitting close to the upper end of their year-to-date range as the March rate cut didn’t materialize and the first rate cut now seems likely to happen in June or July. A record amount of issuance in investment grade corporate bonds was met with strong demand by investors as yields remain attractive even as credit spreads narrow.

The U.S. economy remains on solid footing, supported by strong job gains, improving housing activity metrics and growing consumer spending.

We’ll dive into the details below, but first, let’s review the year-to-date results:

https://www.raymondjames.com/racine...ighted-by-markets-rising-to-record-highs

Markets News, March 28, 2024: S&P 500 Notches 22nd Record Close To Cap Off Winning Quarter

https://www.investopedia.com/dow-jones-today-03282024-8621471

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
You cherry picked numbers as if they prove something. Singular data points mean nothing. The fact is that DOW is down 1K over the last month. its been trending down.

As I know people who pour cement for a living arent the brightest I will help you. Google "Dow jones today".

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
March 28th wasn't a month ago. You do understand what "record high" means I would hope. I'm sorry facts are not your friend.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Do you understand what a trend is? Are you capable of compehending that singular data points mean nothing? It can go up 400 1 day and down 400 the next. The fact is that the market has been trending down for the last month. The economic data and Bidens actions are ruining the market.

I dont think I can draw it in any brighter crayon for you.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
Try reading it slower. Maybe that will help. Here is what you said....

A record high is not a loss. It's a gain. Any previous losses were wiped out. It may have lost 1000 points since March 28th but since a record was set on march 28th any losses before that date were erased.

You didn't say anything about "trending". You said they lost 1000 points over the past 30 days. That is not true.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Try reading it slower. Maybe that will help. Here is what you said....

A record high is not a loss. It's a gain. Any previous losses were wiped out. It may have lost 1000 points since March 28th but since a record was set on march 28th any losses before that date were erased.

You didn't say anything about "trending". You said they lost 1000 points over the past 30 days. That is not true.

The facts I stated are 100% true. Go look it up.

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E
On Wednesay March 13 the Dow was 39043
Right now the Dow is 37983

You do the math or go back to school. A middle schooler is more capable than you.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
I will say this: it’s hilarious watching the market go down after news was dropped that banks like JP Morgan beat profit estimates.

Wall Street is so mad the fed cut isn’t happening lol

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P

You do the math or go back to school. A middle schooler is more capable than you.

March 28th the Dow was 39,807

Any losses previous to March 28th were wiped out and any losses that appear now happened after March 28th.

You do the math or go back to school. A grade schooler is more capable than you.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

Any losses previous to March 28th were wiped out and any losses that appear now happened after March 28th.

You do the math or go back to school. A grade schooler is more capable than you.

I don't think you want to play any math games because the market tanking is even greater if you cherry pick march 28 as a data point.

All of it's gains are wiped out as the DOW is down 1824 points since then. Take your L and go. lmao@u

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The S&P 500 set 20 new all time highs in quarter 1 of this year

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Its doing better than the DOW, thats for sure. The DOW is tanking hardcore.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P

I don't think you want to play any math games because the market tanking is even greater if you cherry pick march 28 as a data point.

All of it's gains are wiped out as the DOW is down 1824 points since then. Take your L and go. lmao@u

Which is why I can't understand you trying to use fabricated math. The reality dictates it lost what you have been claiming in even less time than you're trying to falsely state.

On March 28th the stock market actually closed 764 points higher than it was on March 23th. In case you missed it, that's a gain is not a loss.

I was actually trying to show you it fell that much in an even shorter time period but for some reason you couldn't figure that out.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

Which is why I can't understand you trying to use fabricated math. The reality dictates it lost what you have been claiming in even less time than you're trying to falsely state.

On March 28th the stock market actually closed 764 points higher than it was on March 23th. In case you missed it, that's a gain is not a loss.

I was actually trying to show you it fell that much in an even shorter time period but for some reason you couldn't figure that out.

The DOW has tanked 1800 points since your cherry picked date. You can be in denial if you want but it just makes you look like a fool.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
The DOW has tanked 1800 points since your cherry picked date. You can be in denial if you want but it just makes you look like a fool.

The only one looking like a fool here is you. I've been telling you all along that it's been since March 28th that the losses have happened. Don't turn around and blame me because you just managed to figure that out. I didn't deny it has tanked since March 28th. It's not my fault you kept insisting on the wrong date.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
The 100 % truth is that the market has tanked 1800 points since then. Middle school kids are better at math then you. I would guess you have zero stock investments or you would know you can't value your portfolio based on some random point in the past. Grow a brain.

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets...cation-many-schools-dont-offer-it-survey

Libtard schools trying to keep students ignorant about finances. Pit must belong to the 66% of adults who are financially ignorant.

No Craps Given
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Swish
I will say this: it’s hilarious watching the market go down after news was dropped that banks like JP Morgan beat profit estimates.

I got one for you, bro. Lockheed has spent $20 billion on stock buybacks the last five years. Found that out last week. Great stuff, isn’t it?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm sorry you can't figure out that on March 28th the stock market actually closed 764 points higher than it was on March 23th. That not only wiped out all the losses since march 23rd but increased the gains. Sadly for you that's how math works. But then again you're from Georgia so I can imagine the hurdles you must have faced. #thoughtsandprayers.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Originally Posted by Swish

I got one for you, bro. Lockheed has spent $20 billion on stock buybacks the last five years. Found that out last week. Great stuff, isn’t it?

20 bill? Daaaamn!!! I wish I was that poor

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm sorry you can't figure out that on March 28th the stock market actually closed 764 points higher than it was on March 23th. That not only wiped out all the losses since march 23rd but increased the gains. Sadly for you that's how math works. But then again you're from Georgia so I can imagine the hurdles you must have faced. #thoughtsandprayers.

I'm sorry you cant understand what a trend it and are unable to read a basic stock chart.

No Craps Given
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus The economy……

Link Copied to Clipboard