Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
O
Legend
Legend
O
And you know your Pecker heads.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O

E
Legend
Legend
E
He knows you.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
No, he doesn’t. Nice try though, now mount that broom and fly away.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No, he doesn’t. Nice try though, now mount that broom and fly away.

You can be hard to comprehend. It's hard not to "know" (of) you on these boards in the colloquial sense.

Also kind of seems like your witch allusion would lend the post you replied to some credence. Just saying.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
I will say, this case is showing what the gullible Americans will believe. The National Enquirer. Pffft morons.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Fact check: Trump’s false courthouse claims about his trial

Former President Donald Trump delivered a barrage of false claims to media cameras this week as he entered and exited the Manhattan courtroom where he is on trial on charges of falsifying business records in relation to a hush money scheme during the 2016 presidential election.

Here’s a fact check of four of the claims he made about the trial. (For this particular article, we’ll leave aside the false claims he made in the courthouse about a variety of other subjects.)

Courthouse security

After The New York Times published a story that said Trump was unhappy with the meager crowd he saw when he arrived at the courthouse for opening statements on Monday, Trump told reporters inside the courthouse on Tuesday: “For blocks you can’t get near this courthouse.”

He added on social media on Tuesday: “Thousands of people were turned away from the Courthouse in Lower Manhattan by steel stanchions and police, literally blocks from the tiny side door from where I enter and leave. It is an armed camp to keep people away.” And he said in comments inside the courthouse on Thursday: “This courthouse is locked down; there’s not a person within five blocks.”

Facts First: Trump’s claims are all false. The police have not turned away “thousands of people” from the courthouse. And while there are various security measures in place in the area, including some street closures enforced by police officers and barricades, it’s not true that “this courthouse is locked down,” that “for blocks you can’t get near this courthouse” or that “there’s not a person within five blocks.” In reality, there is a designated protest zone for the trial at a park directly across the street from the courthouse – and people are permitted to drive right up to the front of the courthouse and walk into the building, which remains open to the public. If people show up early enough in the morning, they can even get into the trial courtroom itself or the overflow room that shows near-live video of the proceedings.

The reality is that few of Trump’s supporters have chosen to show up. There were well under 100 visible Trump supporters gathered in the protest zone at the outset of the trial in mid-April, and there have often been three or fewer there on subsequent days, according to CNN journalists who have been reporting from the courthouse area.

Michael Cohen’s crimes and Trump

On Monday, Trump said upon leaving the courtroom that the crimes committed by his former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen “had nothing to do with me.”

Cohen is expected to be a key witness for the prosecution. Trump said: “The things he got in trouble for were things that had nothing to do with me. He got in trouble; he went to jail. This has nothing to do with me. This had to do with the taxicab company that he owned, which is just something he owned – and medallions and borrowing money and a lot of things – but it had nothing to do with me.”

Facts First: Trump’s claim that Cohen’s prison sentence “had nothing to do with me” is false. Cohen’s three-year sentence in 2018 was for multiple crimes, some of which were directly related to Trump. Most notably, Cohen was sentenced for campaign finance offenses connected to a hush money scheme during the 2016 presidential campaign to conceal Trump’s alleged extramarital relationships – the same hush money scheme that is central to this prosecution against Trump. Cohen was also sentenced to two months in prison, to run concurrently with the three-year sentence, for lying to Congress in 2017 in relation to previous talks about the possibility of building a Trump Tower in Moscow, Russia, including about the extent of Trump’s involvement in the aborted Moscow initiative and about when in 2016 the discussions ended. (The discussions continued into June 2016, the month after Trump became the presumptive Republican nominee, and did not conclude in January 2016 before the first votes were cast, as Cohen had claimed.)

Referring to Trump as “Individual-1,” Cohen said at the time of his 2018 guilty plea for making false statements to the US Senate Select Committee on Intelligence: “I made these statements to be consistent with Individual-1’s political messaging and out of loyalty to Individual-1.” When Cohen pleaded guilty in 2018 to the campaign finance violations, he said he broke the law “in coordination and at the direction of a candidate for federal office,” Trump.

The gag order on Trump

Upon leaving the courtroom on Tuesday, Trump approached the cameras, began talking, and complained that he is “not allowed to talk.”

Trump was criticizing Judge Juan Merchan’s gag order on him. Merchan had held a hearing on Tuesday morning to consider prosecutors’ allegations that Trump violated the gag order with a series of online posts, including some in which the presumptive Republican presidential nominee shared others’ articles related to the case on social media.

Trump claimed, “Can’t even allow articles to be put in.” He claimed the articles he is referring to say “the case is a sham.” He added, “I don’t even know if you’re allowed to put them in.” He also claimed that although others are permitted to lie and speak about him, “I’m not allowed to say anything.”

“I’d love to talk to you people, I’d love to say everything that’s on my mind, but I’m restricted because I have a gag order,” Trump said.

Facts First: As he has before, Trump made Merchan’s gag order sound far broader than it is. The gag order does not prohibit Trump from declaring the case a sham or from sharing others’ claims that the case is a sham. It also does not prohibit Trump from speaking to the media about the case, from defending his conduct at issue in the case, from denouncing the judge and district attorney involved in the case, or from campaigning for the presidency with speeches, media interviews and online posts.

Rather, the gag order forbids Trump from three specific categories of speech:

1) Speaking publicly or directing others to speak publicly about known or foreseeable witnesses, specifically about their participation in the case

2) Speaking publicly or directing others to speak publicly about prosecutors (other than Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg), members of the district attorney’s staff and the court staff, or family members of any of these people including Bragg, if those statements are made with the intent to interfere with the case

3) Speaking publicly or directing others to speak publicly about jurors or prospective jurors

In his comments on Tuesday, Trump made the point that an article may have a certain headline that generally denounces the case but, “somewhere deep” in the body of the text, may mention somebody’s name he is not permitted to mention because of the gag order.

It’s not clear how Merchan would view Trump having shared an article in which, say, a witness’s name was only mentioned deep in the text. To date, though, articles that prosecutors have alleged Trump violated the gag order by sharing featured headlines that made it entirely clear the articles discussed likely witness Cohen.

Biden and the case

On Tuesday, Trump said upon leaving the courtroom: “By the way, this trial is all Biden. You know, this is all Biden, just in case anybody has any question.” He added, “He’s the one that has us in all these different lawsuits.” He said upon his departure Friday: “This is all a Biden indictment.”

Facts First: There is no basis for Trump’s claims. There is no evidence that Biden has had any role in launching or running Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s prosecution - and Bragg is a locally elected official who does not report to the federal government. The indictment in the case was approved by a grand jury of ordinary citizens.

Trump has repeatedly invoked a lawyer on Bragg’s team, Matthew Colangelo, while making such claims; Colangelo left the Justice Department in 2022 to join the district attorney’s office as senior counsel to Bragg. But there is no evidence that Biden had anything to do with Colangelo’s employment decision. Colangelo and Bragg had been colleagues before Bragg was elected Manhattan district attorney in 2021.

Before Colangelo worked at the Justice Department, he and Bragg worked at the same time in the office of New York’s state attorney general, where Colangelo investigated Trump’s charity and Trump’s financial practices and was involved in bringing various lawsuits against the Trump administration.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/27/poli...rthouse-claims-new-york-trial/index.html

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Trump making up a bunch of fairytales.
How is that news.

Now trump telling the truth about something, that would be news

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Jester
Trump making up a bunch of fairytales.
How is that news.

Now trump telling the truth about something, that would be news

Each and Every Day,,, Trump tells us all or tells those that will listen it's Biden's fault. it's this persons fault or it's that persons fault, it's never his fault. EVERYDAY.

SO, what's wrong with repeating over and over again that Trump is full of crap?

Hitler said that if you tell a lie enough times,(paraphrasing) people will believe it's true. So, what's wrong with telling the Truth over and over again.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was being facetious.

Nothing wrong with it
We should continue to point it out his falsehoods

Legend
Legend
I was being facetious.

Nothing wrong with it
We should continue to point it out his falsehoods

I was hoping that was the case.. smile

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Judge in hush money trial threatens Trump with jail after holding him in contempt for violating gag order

Judge Juan Merchan warned that if Trump continues to violate the order, he could impose “an incarceratory punishment.”

The judge presiding over Donald Trump’s hush money case on Tuesday held the former president in criminal contempt over a series of posts on Truth Social that he said violated a gag order barring any attacks on jurors and witnesses and warned Trump he could be jailed for further violations.

Judge Juan Merchan ruled Trump in contempt for nine violations of his gag order, with a fine of $1,000 for each instance. He warned in the decision that he would not tolerate further violations of the order and said "if necessary and appropriate under the circumstances," he would impose "an incarceratory punishment" on the former president.

The judge explained that because the fines, which are limited by state law, were relatively little in comparison to Trump's wealth, they might be unlikely to deter the former president from abiding by the court's order. While Merchan said he would prefer to impose commensurately larger fines, he instead had to consider "whether in some instances, jail may be a necessary punishment."

The gag order prohibits the former president from "making or directing others to make public statements about known or reasonably foreseeable witnesses concerning their potential participation in the investigation or in this criminal proceeding," and "public statements about any prospective juror or any juror."

Merchan said Tuesday that his order was "lawful and unambiguous," and that Trump violated it with social media posts about witnesses and public comments about jurors. He ordered Trump to remove seven of the posts at issue from his Truth Social account and two other offending posts from his campaign website by 2:15 p.m. Tuesday.

The judge also said in response to Trump's complaints about the comments of expected witnesses Michael Cohen and Stormy Daniels outside of court that he might consider modifying the gag order to remove them from its protections if he finds it necessary in the future.

Cohen said in a statement in response to the judge's decision that the small fine "is irrelevant. Judge Merchan’s decision elucidates that this behavior will not be tolerated and that no one is above the law.”

Merchan had indicated on April 23 that he was not impressed by the arguments from the defense, telling one of Trump's attorneys that he was “losing all credibility” when he suggested that Trump was exercising caution to comply with the gag order.

Prosecutors from the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office had accused Trump of violating Merchan's April 1 order at least 10 times since it went into effect, including a post that called expected witnesses Michael Cohen and Stormy Daniels "sleaze bags." Another appeared to be a quote from Fox News personality Jesse Watters that read, “They are catching undercover Liberal Activists lying to the Judge in order to get on the Trump Jury.”

The DA sought the maximum $1,000 fine for each post they considered a violation, along with an order that Trump remove the posts. Prosecutors had also asked Merchan to warn Trump that any future violations could be met with additional fines and up to 30 days in jail.

The possibility of Trump's imprisonment is likely to be seized upon by the former president's campaign and supporters — particularly as a fundraising tool. Already, Trump has sent a number of fundraising appeals connected to the trial and the consequences he may face. Last year, the mugshot he took after being charged in Georgia over his efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election sparked a fundraising bonanza for Trump.

Prosecutor Chris Conroy said during an April 23 morning hearing that Trump “seems to be angling” to be locked up for political purposes.

Trump’s legal team countered that the former president had not willfully violated the order and that he was simply responding to a “barrage of political attacks.”

Pressed by the judge, however, Trump attorney Todd Blanche had trouble identifying what attacks Trump was supposedly responding to. “I keep asking you over and over to give me an example and I’m not getting an answer,” the judge said.

Trump attorney Emil Bove previously said that some of the posts were responses to remarks by Cohen, Trump’s former lawyer, and that others were reposted from people and news outlets, which he said did not violate the gag order. Merchan asked for case law to back that position, and Blanche said he did not have any. "It's just common sense, your Honor," Blanche said.

Trump has pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of falsifying business records related to his reimbursement to Cohen for the lawyer's hush money payment to Daniels in the closing days of the 2016 campaign. Daniels claims she had a sexual encounter with Trump in 2006, an allegation he denies.

Trump faces up to four years in prison if he’s convicted.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...ng-gag-order-hush-money-trial-rcna149101

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Put him in jail for talking about the trial, his support goes even higher, maybe to the point of no return for Biden. j/s

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
That's certainly a possibility and it's also one reason I don't think it will happen. I would say there is also a pretty big portion of our nation that doesn't support flaunting your disrespect for the legal system. But then there are those who think it's perfectly okay to do so depending on who you are.

Or they claim to stand by the police depending on who those police officers work for and who is attacking them. In some cases they go as far as uphold people attacking them and calling them patriots and hostages for paying the penalty for those actions. It's a strange time we're living in.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
He has been warned. Violate the law and pay the price.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted by bonefish
He has been warned. Violate the law and pay the price.

May be an issue also in his pre trial bond agreements in the other cases that he not break any state or federal laws. Contempt is violation of a New York state law.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Also, I heard this morning coming into work that trump is complaining about his legal team not being aggressive enough, not listening to his suggestions (there has been lots of notes being passed to the lawyers) and that his lawyers are too expensive.

Foreshadow much

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
And let's not forget...... He's cold. It's cold in that courtroom.

Former President Trump again complained about the temperature in the courtroom during his ongoing hush money trial Friday, suggesting it is being kept cold “on purpose.” “We have another day in court in a freezing courthouse,” Trump said in the hallway just before the fourth day of testimony in his trial commenced.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I remember when I had a client pass me notes, speak over me in the court room, and insist that he could do a better job. Dude turned a probationary plea deal into 90 days in the clinker. Great stuff. I can't imagine Trump being any different.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And let's not forget...... He's cold. It's cold in that courtroom.

Former President Trump again complained about the temperature in the courtroom during his ongoing hush money trial Friday, suggesting it is being kept cold “on purpose.” “We have another day in court in a freezing courthouse,” Trump said in the hallway just before the fourth day of testimony in his trial commenced.

It's because he's old.

My dad would keep his apartment temp set at 88 and complain that the furnace wasn't working. Meanwhile my sister has to step into the hall because it is so hot in there that she's getting nauseous.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by FATE
Put him in jail for talking about the trial, his support goes even higher, maybe to the point of no return for Biden. j/s

And this exemplifies the the blindness of the right. He isn't being threatened with jail for talking about the trial. He is allowed to talk about the trial.
The contempt is threatening and or intimidating talk directed at the courts employees and the jury

Last edited by Jester; 04/30/24 01:53 PM.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
What a dichotomy his life has become. The blood of a 78 year old with the mind of a 6 year old.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by northlima dawg
Also, I heard this morning coming into work that trump is complaining about his legal team not being aggressive enough, not listening to his suggestions (there has been lots of notes being passed to the lawyers) and that his lawyers are too expensive.

Foreshadow much

I wouldn't have taken his case if he didn't pay upfront.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend

And this exemplifies the the blindness of the right. He isn't being threatened with jail for talking about the trial. He is allowed to talk about the trial.
The contempt is threatening and or intimidating talk directed at the courts employees and the jury

Trump said something threatening or intimidated?

Got receipts??

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
While I understand what you're saying and I didn't see any "direct threats" per say, are you trying to say his hateful rhetoric doesn't inspire threats to the life of those he refers to? That it isn't the inspiration for the crazies to come out of the closet?

We saw it play out in real life before our very eyes. From election workers to election officials to prosecutors and judges. Surely you aren't trying to indicate that this is what the gag order is designed to protect people from and rightfully so. I understand that all politicians have their minions and die hard followers. But never before that I can recall has a politician weaponized his message to accomplish this level of danger against his opponents.

He knows what he's doing. He knows what it leads to and he uses it as a weapon in a very divided America. That's dangerous.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Sorry, I don't really see it that way. Everybody has their own opinions. When it comes to Trump, people find outrage in their own blind hatred. Not saying you, just saying a lot of people. It doesn't take much to see that in many of the posters here.

I don't consider reposting what others are saying about the trial as "hateful rhetoric", "weaponizing his message", threatening or intimidating.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
The increasing number of threats on all the positions i mentioned which surround the very people that trump includes in his hateful rhetoric seems to make the picture perfectly clear for me. Those statistics have been posted on this very board. The threats to those officials have been posted on this very board. It would be impossible for me to ignore all of that and pretend that his words aren't the catalyst for this. The timing isn't simply coincidental. How else do you explain all of that?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
Sorry, I don't really see it that way. Everybody has their own opinions. When it comes to Trump, people find outrage in their own blind hatred. Not saying you, just saying a lot of people. It doesn't take much to see that in many of the posters here.

I don't consider reposting what others are saying about the trial as "hateful rhetoric", "weaponizing his message", threatening or intimidating.

You don't see it that way because FOX news, OAN and Newsmax don't inform you with Truth.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot

You don't see it that way because FOX news, OAN and Newsmax don't inform you with Truth.

None of that has anything to do with the reasons he was fined. I know you like to go to the same tired rhetoric and ignore facts but that doesn't change them.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
The increasing number of threats on all the positions i mentioned which surround the very people that trump includes in his hateful rhetoric seems to make the picture perfectly clear for me. Those statistics have been posted on this very board. The threats to those officials have been posted on this very board. It would be impossible for me to ignore all of that and pretend that his words aren't the catalyst for this. The timing isn't simply coincidental. How else do you explain all of that?

Not with psycho-analyzing a gag order, or lack thereof. Remember what we were discussing or not? What does anything you just posted have to do with the gag order?

And again, I'll remind you, the gag order was for posting other people's stories, so constantly bringing up his hateful rhetoric ALSO has nothing to do with the gag order.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

When you repost something that is hateful, threatening, intimidating; then it most certainly is

E
Legend
Legend
E

When you repost something that is hateful, threatening, intimidating; then it most certainly is

Its just hearsay

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

What was hateful, threatening and intimidating?

Y'all are so outraged, there has to be something. Please share for everyone instead of just parroting.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by EveDawg

Its just hearsay

What???

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The following are posts from Truth Social that Trump was forced to take down. I’m not posting this as some kind of comment. I am just posting information.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think this needs to be level set. To your point, dissecting what was actually in the posts is a fair ask.

Part of the order is this: Trump "violated the Order by making social media posts about known witnesses pertaining to their participation in this criminal proceeding and by making public statements about jurors in this criminal proceeding."

That’s a big no-no. You can’t do that if you’re Joe Schmoe and you especially can’t do that if you have a big platform and you are an influential figure that could interfere with witness testimony.

Furthermore, the judge set the orders in March and did something that all judges should do. He gave him a lot of leeway before cracking down. Trump was clear on what the gag order said and what it prohibited. He didn’t listen. Hell, the gag order still didn’t even prevent Trump from spouting off or reposting things about Bragg or Merchan.

Trump’s attorney made the counter assertion that Trump was merely responding to political attacks in his post. The judge gave more rope, asking the attorney what attacks he was responding to. Trump’s attorney had no answer. Bad look.

I can’t find the exact posts because they were deleted, but according to CBS News, he actually referred to jurors as liberal activists. The bottom line is you just don’t do that kind of stuff.

All that being said, he’s currently looking at $9K. Not much for a billionaire or whatever he really is. He’s wealthy and that’s not much. The judge still gave him more rope and basically said that he could be sent to jail next time. If there is a next time, and it is legit, I don’t think there’s any real argument that he didn’t deserve it.

Maybe that would help his campaign like you said. I don’t know. It also doesn’t help to violate laws and not be held accountable. In my opinion, the guy has gotten away with a ton of crap over the years, extending far before his presidency. Validating that type of behavior through no consequences I think is also a bad practice.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well son of a gun…way to undercut my post, P! I couldn’t find those laugh

#gmstrong
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump hush Money Trial Set to start On April 15th.

Link Copied to Clipboard