Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Cincinnati .. another DT

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Practice Squad type.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I hope his lunch pail is full!! I want this young man to put on a show he gets picked up by another team.

It's a bitter sweat. Only one or two guys drafted this year will make this roster.

I hope Berry makes joining the Browns a perk. Worst case they use Cleveland as a springboard to make a living on another team.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I hope his lunch pail is full!! I want this young man to put on a show he gets picked up by another team.

It's a bitter sweat. Only one or two guys drafted this year will make this roster.

I hope Berry makes joining the Browns a perk. Worst case they use Cleveland as a springboard to make a living on another team.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bugs

I don't know. More than 1-2 will make the team.

You always have your bottom 10 on the team and several of them have been around 3 years. It's easy to purge those guys out to bring in some new blood. After 2-3 years to see, it's time to bring in some new players and give them a chance to prove out.

You don't want to get stale at the bottom end of the roster or you might lose out on that hidden gem. If that earlier hunch hasn't played out after 2-3 years, time to go with another hunch.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe he can push Ika to the PS.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
...was not expecting this....

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bonefish mentioned how Schwartz uses his DTs in the Mike Hall thread which sent me down the internet rabbit hole and I found an old coaches clinic Schwartz gave on YouTube. It was for OL coaches, but it approached OL from a DC's perspective. In it, he gave an anecdote about Bob Dahl. He was a DT to OG convert. I wonder if Briggs might be a candidate for that. His RAS for IOL is higher than at DT. (link)

He also talked about the 2 OL coach dynamic the Browns had under Belichik. One guy (Ferentz) coached big picture scheme, the other focused more on individual development. If we mirror that setup, and Istvan was Mailata's individual dev guy, I'd feel pretty good about Briggs' chances, or at least wouldn't be against taking such a chance.

Just some random connections my brain made that made me go hmmmmmmmm.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
L
Legend
Legend
L
Nice video, thanks for posting. Personable kid, humble. He’ll get a chance, and I hope he makes the most of it.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk 2024 NFL Draft Round 7 Selection - DT Jowon Briggs

Link Copied to Clipboard