Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Shark Offline OP
2nd String
OP Offline
2nd String
S
New post to seperate from the RAC clutter...merge if need be.

web page

Chudzinski signs extension, won't interview with Ravens
By Jamison Hensley | Sun reporter
6:52 AM EST, January 7, 2008

Cleveland offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski won't interview for the Ravens' head coaching vacancy today because he got a contract extension from the Browns, a league source said.

Chudzinski joins Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz and New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels as coaches who have removed themselves from the Ravens' list.

In his first season as offensive coordinator, Chudzinski turned the Browns into one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL.

jamison.hensley@baltsun.com

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

Z
Rookie
Rookie
Z

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This day is starting out good! Now lets go Bucks!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Step one for the off season go's well :

Now shall we number the rest on our wish list ?

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
HA HA!! Great news!! Thanks Chud and good work to the FO for lockin' him up!! Nice!!

Follow me on Twitter <a href="link" target="_blank">http://twitter.com/CoachA12</a>
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
I wasn't overly concerned about this, but it's a bit of a relief to get this out of the way.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nice..lets keep the pieces together...
Now Phil..Ozzie threw the first missile this offseason..now return fire and grab one of his players...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NICE!!!

Our honor defend, we will fight to the end, for OHIO! GO BUCKS!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You obviously mean Zarnell Fitch, right?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
J
Legend
Legend
J
Good job, Phil, I'm happy about the news!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I am certain that most everyone caught the Casserly piece on CBS yest. He said that in most instances teams invite coaches from within their own conference in for interviews to pick their brains about the team they coach for. Perhaps Chud knew he didn't really stand a chance at the HC job in Balt and rather then endup giving up team secrets he decided not to be a part of that circus.

Having said that or added that::: Balt.

Browns

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I wasn't overly concerned about this, but it's a bit of a relief to get this out of the way.

I wasn't either, but the fact that he refused to even go in for an interview was a nice touch.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SWEET!

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is great news. Hopefully we will be paying him like a head coach and he will see no reason to leave us. After all he will be making the same amount of money and he will be coaching his favorite team. Way to go Phil.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Looks like the Browns fan in Chud shined through here! I know I couldn't accept a position with the Ravens as a Browns fan.

I hope Chud is the next guy in line for our job when Romeo decides to walk away on his own terms.

Legend
Legend
I'm with you, Cap.

Also, I didn't know that Ferentz and McDaniels had turned down the opportunity to interview with the Rats. That may just be their own personal decision, but it may reflect on the turmoil that is the Rats team and organization (one can hope, right?)

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Quote:

Nice..lets keep the pieces together...
Now Phil..Ozzie threw the first missile this offseason..now return fire and grab one of his players...

Yes...let's start with Terrell Suggs.

Excellent news. I was a tad worried,but I knew in my heart Phil would get it done. Thanks,Phil.

"My opinions and feelings are mine and shall not be influenced by anyone....especially liberals."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Excellent news!

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
This is a good start to the off season.

2nd String
2nd String
A Great beginning to the offseason NEXT UP !!THE BUCKEYES National Champs !!! GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Good news....there may have also been a wink and a nod about us planning to promote from with-in for our next head coach.

And it could happen sooner then later.

Just to run with some of the talk of the last few weeks.

It is no secret Dallas wants McFadden. Say Miami delivers McFadden to Dallas for both their 1st rounds...maybe a second and a future pick......Miami is also said to want Romeo and could use DA...a couple of first rounders for DA and Romeo....maybe Jason Taylor thrown in to sweeten the deal......who knows????

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Very good news indeed!!!

I'm grateful for Browns football.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Good news....there may have also been a wink and a nod about us planning to promote from with-in for our next head coach.

I absolutely agree and that's what I thought when I heard it...they prolly will give him an AssHC job * * and prolly will take over for RAC when he is done.

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
RAC and his agent are pushing for an extension through the media, and doesnt get it. Chud is quiet gets offered an interview with the Ravens and gets an extension.

Worse thing a coach can do is start pushing for an extension with 2 years remaining and doing it through the media, especially when u have 1 winning season in 2 years.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Good news!

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
NO FRIGGIN WAY!!! WOOHOO!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Chudzinski signs extension, won't interview with Ravens

Best news I could have heard today (still holding out on that lottery announcement though )

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Hopefully we will be paying him like a head coach

I agree, just as I said earlier in the other thread (pay up to keep him, even if it means HC money). I'm glad we were able to keep him.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
F
All Pro
All Pro
F
Now THAT's good news!

And the next head coach is ......
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

RAC and his agent are pushing for an extension through the media, and doesnt get it. Chud is quiet gets offered an interview with the Ravens and gets an extension.

Worse thing a coach can do is start pushing for an extension with 2 years remaining and doing it through the media, especially when u have 1 winning season in 2 years.

This may be a signal to the Dolphins and Romeo and his agent we would be willing to talk about Romeo departing

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Could you please supply a link to a credible source of this rumor?? This doesn't sound like RAC to me, so I question it. RAC is PUSHING for an extention??????? TO ME

Brown to the Bone

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Just to run with some of the talk of the last few weeks.

It is no secret Dallas wants McFadden. Say Miami delivers McFadden to Dallas for both their 1st rounds...maybe a second and a future pick......Miami is also said to want Romeo and could use DA...a couple of first rounders for DA and Romeo....maybe Jason Taylor thrown in to sweeten the deal......who knows????

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I had a feeling this would happen, but will still say PHEWWWW!!!! and wipe the forehead.

Now where're those mock drafts . . .

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
YES....woof...mac

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Quote:

This may be a signal to the Dolphins and Romeo and his agent we would be willing to talk about Romeo departing

I see where you're coming from, but I have to disagree. I feel like something like that would come so fast in from left field that it would create a disturbance, not just among team chemistry, but I don't think the players would respond very well to that either.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

U pis s me off when u delve into crap like this...

A 6-10...4-12...10-6 team with players into the Program DOES NOT dictate a HC being even considered fired...

If that BS u just spewed actually happened...If I was Chudzinski I woulda said Thanks but No Thanks...I ain't workin' with a team that pulls that kinda chit...

You're on CRACK...AGAIN...

Go Browns!!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I forget that common sense is hard to come by these days. Agent works for Rac. Agent trying to get a new deal for his client so he contacts the major networks to say they are negotiating. Well no negotiations have taken place so umm.

nah it was a conspiracy between the networks, randy lerner and Racs agent just to make everyone think that RAC is trying to get an extension. that is much easier to believe than RAC and his agent trying to get a new deal lol.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Chud declines Ravens Int Request, Signs Extension

Link Copied to Clipboard