Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
mgh888 #2144420 09/30/26 11:16 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,387
Legend
Online
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,387
Good riddance! NFL is better without him and his dad IMO. .02


"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,632
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,632
Once he left the Browns I no longer cared. If somebody else wanted to pay him so be it.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,387
Legend
Online
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,387
Let him wreck some other club. No one-day contract here.


"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,632
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,632
Why would he get a one day contract here? All of his major success in the NFL was with the Giants and he played there the longest of any team he played for. There is no logical reason either he or the Browns would want him to retire as a Brown.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,387
Legend
Online
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,387
You assume the worst if you construed that as me wanting him. Quite the opposite was intended. OBJ is the absolute opposite of players I respect and want to go out as Browns. Took this the wrong way, Pit, because I never suggested it. If this is some type of lecture, you misconstrued it. Just the opposite of all the classy Browns players I have known growing up. Sorry it was your impression to the contrary.


"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,697
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,697
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
You assume the worst if you construed that as me wanting him. Quite the opposite was intended. OBJ is the absolute opposite of players I respect and want to go out as Browns. Took this the wrong way, Pit, because I never suggested it. If this is some type of lecture, you misconstrued it. Just the opposite of all the classy Browns players I have known growing up. Sorry it was your impression to the contrary.

Don't worry. I don't think many would misunderstand your point. I do agree with Pit in that once he left the team, he left my memory bank. No sense worrying about him or his Dad. I wish him and his dad the best in whatever comes next in their life.


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
FATE #2144449 10/01/26 07:46 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,162
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,162


#gmstrong
Pdawg #2144451 10/01/26 07:48 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 14,638
O
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 14,638
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Good for them in getting a 2nd rounder. I don't mind him being out of the division.


I take that back... they drafted him at the end of the second round and will likely get a late-2nd back for him. Seems weird (to me) to lose a productive, young'ish corner.

Last edited by oobernoober; 10/01/26 07:59 AM.

"FIALURE IS NOT AN OPTION...!"

-mac
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,979
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,979
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Good for them in getting a 2nd rounder. I don't mind him being out of the division.


I take that back... they drafted him at the end of the second round and will likely get a late-2nd back for him. Seems weird (to me) to lose a productive, young'ish corner.

Are the Steelers also trying to position themselves with picks to maneuver around for a 2027 QB ?

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,632
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,632
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
You assume the worst if you construed that as me wanting him. Quite the opposite was intended. OBJ is the absolute opposite of players I respect and want to go out as Browns. Took this the wrong way, Pit, because I never suggested it. If this is some type of lecture, you misconstrued it. Just the opposite of all the classy Browns players I have known growing up. Sorry it was your impression to the contrary.

No I didn't think that at all. I just have no idea how it ever entered your mind he would sign a one day contract and retire as a Brown when he didn't do jack squat here and all of his major success was with the Giants. I can safely tell you that's never going to happen.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,632
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,632
I can't speak for the Steelers but with their current situation at QB that would make a ton of sense.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,050
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,050
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
You assume the worst if you construed that as me wanting him. Quite the opposite was intended. OBJ is the absolute opposite of players I respect and want to go out as Browns. Took this the wrong way, Pit, because I never suggested it. If this is some type of lecture, you misconstrued it. Just the opposite of all the classy Browns players I have known growing up. Sorry it was your impression to the contrary.

No I didn't think that at all. I just have no idea how it ever entered your mind he would sign a one day contract and retire as a Brown when he didn't do jack squat here and all of his major success was with the Giants. I can safely tell you that's never going to happen.

He's not, bro. It was just an off the cuff comment based on current events.

One former Brownie retired, was beloved by fans, comes home to a hero's welcome and a one-day contract. The other was here as a pit-stop, raised a ruckus, accomplished nothing while complaining the whole time, and seems like he may be at the end of the road as well.

He's just saying "you can bet this one won't come home to a parade". It wasn't meant to be interpreted literally.


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2144495 10/01/26 01:43 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,387
Legend
Online
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,387
True. Pulling for Browns success. Chubb is a hero to me. Sorry about your take.


"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Random NFL News

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5