Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
mgh888 #2144420 09/30/26 11:16 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,388
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,388
Good riddance! NFL is better without him and his dad IMO. .02


"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,649
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,649
Once he left the Browns I no longer cared. If somebody else wanted to pay him so be it.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,388
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,388
Let him wreck some other club. No one-day contract here.


"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,649
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,649
Why would he get a one day contract here? All of his major success in the NFL was with the Giants and he played there the longest of any team he played for. There is no logical reason either he or the Browns would want him to retire as a Brown.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,388
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,388
You assume the worst if you construed that as me wanting him. Quite the opposite was intended. OBJ is the absolute opposite of players I respect and want to go out as Browns. Took this the wrong way, Pit, because I never suggested it. If this is some type of lecture, you misconstrued it. Just the opposite of all the classy Browns players I have known growing up. Sorry it was your impression to the contrary.


"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,701
B
Legend
Offline
Legend
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,701
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
You assume the worst if you construed that as me wanting him. Quite the opposite was intended. OBJ is the absolute opposite of players I respect and want to go out as Browns. Took this the wrong way, Pit, because I never suggested it. If this is some type of lecture, you misconstrued it. Just the opposite of all the classy Browns players I have known growing up. Sorry it was your impression to the contrary.

Don't worry. I don't think many would misunderstand your point. I do agree with Pit in that once he left the team, he left my memory bank. No sense worrying about him or his Dad. I wish him and his dad the best in whatever comes next in their life.


If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong




[Linked Image]
FATE #2144449 10/01/26 07:46 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,164
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,164


#gmstrong
Pdawg #2144451 10/01/26 07:48 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 14,638
O
Legend
Offline
Legend
O
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 14,638
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Good for them in getting a 2nd rounder. I don't mind him being out of the division.


I take that back... they drafted him at the end of the second round and will likely get a late-2nd back for him. Seems weird (to me) to lose a productive, young'ish corner.

Last edited by oobernoober; 10/01/26 07:59 AM.

"FIALURE IS NOT AN OPTION...!"

-mac
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,987
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,987
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Good for them in getting a 2nd rounder. I don't mind him being out of the division.


I take that back... they drafted him at the end of the second round and will likely get a late-2nd back for him. Seems weird (to me) to lose a productive, young'ish corner.

Are the Steelers also trying to position themselves with picks to maneuver around for a 2027 QB ?

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,649
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,649
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
You assume the worst if you construed that as me wanting him. Quite the opposite was intended. OBJ is the absolute opposite of players I respect and want to go out as Browns. Took this the wrong way, Pit, because I never suggested it. If this is some type of lecture, you misconstrued it. Just the opposite of all the classy Browns players I have known growing up. Sorry it was your impression to the contrary.

No I didn't think that at all. I just have no idea how it ever entered your mind he would sign a one day contract and retire as a Brown when he didn't do jack squat here and all of his major success was with the Giants. I can safely tell you that's never going to happen.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,649
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,649
I can't speak for the Steelers but with their current situation at QB that would make a ton of sense.


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,072
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,072
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
You assume the worst if you construed that as me wanting him. Quite the opposite was intended. OBJ is the absolute opposite of players I respect and want to go out as Browns. Took this the wrong way, Pit, because I never suggested it. If this is some type of lecture, you misconstrued it. Just the opposite of all the classy Browns players I have known growing up. Sorry it was your impression to the contrary.

No I didn't think that at all. I just have no idea how it ever entered your mind he would sign a one day contract and retire as a Brown when he didn't do jack squat here and all of his major success was with the Giants. I can safely tell you that's never going to happen.

He's not, bro. It was just an off the cuff comment based on current events.

One former Brownie retired, was beloved by fans, comes home to a hero's welcome and a one-day contract. The other was here as a pit-stop, raised a ruckus, accomplished nothing while complaining the whole time, and seems like he may be at the end of the road as well.

He's just saying "you can bet this one won't come home to a parade". It wasn't meant to be interpreted literally.


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2144495 10/01/26 01:43 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,388
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,388
True. Pulling for Browns success. Chubb is a hero to me. Sorry about your take.


"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,488
F
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
F
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,488
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Good for them in getting a 2nd rounder. I don't mind him being out of the division.


I take that back... they drafted him at the end of the second round and will likely get a late-2nd back for him. Seems weird (to me) to lose a productive, young'ish corner.

That made me curious because I would have sworn he was a 1ST rounder. So, I Googled it and he was the 32nd pick, but for some reason there was no 21st pick, which then made him the first pick of the second round. So I Googled who lost their 1st round pick that year, and it was Miami for tampering.

FATE #2144545 10/01/26 07:02 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,934
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,934
I disagree. We should bring him in on a one day contract. We can bring him in on game day. During pre-game the Browns introduce him and he gets to run an "honorary pass route/catch". One of our former QB's can take a small drop back look at OBJ and then throw it the other side of the field. The Browns video tape the play and send it to his dad in his honor.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,072
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,072
I like the way you think!


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,267
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,267
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
Odell Beckham Jr. cut by Giants in sad end to quiet second stint

https://nypost.com/2026/09/29/sport...giants-in-sad-end-to-quiet-second-stint/

What did his Dad say about that?

It's Baker's fault.


And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Random NFL News

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5