Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2145126 10/09/26 11:27 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,353
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,353


At DT, context and meaning are a scarecrow kicking at moving goalposts.
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,963
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,963
What a character.

A man of football.

I loved his press conferences when he was a head coach.

RIP Mr. Ditka.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,035
H
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
H
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,035
One of a kind no doubt. A throwback to the old days of football. RIP

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,001
D
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,001
He will be missed. A true legend of the game.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,109
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,109
What a character. If you didn't know he was real, you'd probably think his football life was a movie script.

R.I.P. Iron Mike


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,917
M
Legend
Offline
Legend
M
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,917
Sad day ... and I feel suddenly much older.


The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,283
H
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
H
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,283
RIP BIG MIKE......with a smile on my face I remember him standing near Ricky Williams wearing a dress after trading his whole draft class for him.

They were hitched.....and it didn't go well. Mike was wonderful.


"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,716
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,716
Sad to hear of his passing. He was a true living legend of the NFL. A throwback to days gone by. Lombardi and Ditka stand out in my mind as the most hard nosed NFL HC's of my lifetime. I believe gone with the passing of Ditka is also the end of HC's in his mold. Whether you think that's for better or for worse.

RIP Mike Ditka


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,963
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,963
Iron Mike and Butkus were the Chicago Bears.

Football in its purest form.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,960
A
Legend
Online
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,960
RIP coach.

A number of years ago, wife and I (Browns fans) and my sis in law and bro in law - were in Cleveland for the bears at Browns game. Sat. night, we were out barhopping, and I noticed this guy. Told my wife "He looks just like Ditka". They guy got up to go to the bathroom. His table, all the guys were wearing bears stuff. I went up to them and said "You know that guy looks just like a young Mike Ditka?"

They said "He's Ditka's son, Matt. But don't tell him we told you."

Matt came back. I said "You're Mike's son, Matt?" He laughed and looked at his friends and called them some names.

Saw them at a couple other bars that night as well.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Mike Ditka Passes Away

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5