Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Even though it's bad that LBJ is out, you're right we get to see exactly what the new guys have and what they can do. With just them on the floor, let's see if someone tries to be the leader.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
OK,..I've removed 1 of my ! off the word "SUCK"

P
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
P
Well, even though we did not play all that well, we are still very close.

If LB goes in the second half and we can hang around, we should be ok.

I heart winning
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Thank you, that's better.

Man, it just seems everytime we make a great shot, Boston comes right back and makes a 3-pointer. RAY ALLEN is on fire!!!!!!!

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
James is back... we're still getting killed though...

<><

#gmstrong
P
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
P
I sometimes am boggled by LB. He just falls in love with the jumper sometimes...

I heart winning
Legend
Legend
Lebron looks like he's at 50%. He takes two steps in like he's going to drive, then just pulls up for a lazy jumpshot. I'm not sure he can go in hard and land on his ankle.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Guys..........we were fueled by excitement and energy our first game. After that, it is typical for a team to struggle while it attempts to find chemistry and rhythm.

This team really looks terrible,..they have a LOOOONG way to go if they're going to givre themselves a chance this year.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
What are you expecting? Four members of a nine-man rotation have less than a week in this offense and going against the best team in the league. Expectations were entirely too high coming into this game. I've seen a few flashes from the team tonight, and some things to build on. Give it a few weeks, then come back and judge the team then.

[color:"green"] "World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Please talk amongst yourselves." Get Fuzzy[/color]
P
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
P
Watching a game like this makes you realize how much we actually do miss Sasha. Wally is like molasses chasing around Ray Allen. Between chasing Ray Allen and Rip Hamilton around, Sasha is going to be very important in a potential playoff run..

I actually like what Mike Brown just did btw...

I heart winning
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Getting tossed? Yeah, Cavs are getting mugged without the whistle. Same garbage as last night.

P
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
P
Sometimes that is what you have to do in the NBA as a coach.

I heart winning
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
I agree... Mike Brown hardly ever gets that worked up, I liked that burst of emotion even if it resulted in him getting tossed.. who knows if it'll actually help though, maybe energize the team.

V
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
V
Quote:

Watching a game like this makes you realize how much we actually do miss Sasha. Wally is like molasses chasing around Ray Allen. Between chasing Ray Allen and Rip Hamilton around, Sasha is going to be very important in a potential playoff run..

Interesting. I think I brought this up on the original trade thread. My biggest concern is our perimeter defense. I don't think people realize how important perimeter defense is. Even if the guard doesn't score, he can cause switches and rotations, which usually results in someone else being open. There's an old term about "breaking down the defense." I'm worried that ours might be broken down a lot more now.

Hopefully, West will turn into a good perimeter defender. I think he has the athleticism to do it. We'll see.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
P
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
P
Quote:

Quote:

Interesting. I think I brought this up on the original trade thread. My biggest concern is our perimeter defense. I don't think people realize how important perimeter defense is. Even if the guard doesn't score, he can cause switches and rotations, which usually results in someone else being open. There's an old term about "breaking down the defense." I'm worried that ours might be broken down a lot more now.

Hopefully, West will turn into a good perimeter defender. I think he has the athleticism to do it. We'll see.

Well against most teams we should be ok with Wally, but I just think that with Rip and Allen and how they are used within their respective offenses, it really makes Wally a liability

I heart winning
V
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
V
Yeah, I hear you..............but dude..........Boston and Detroit are the two teams that worry me in the east.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
P
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
P
Same here. Can we just make one run in this game?

I heart winning
V
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
V
Hell if I know..........I don't have NBA TV. LOL

Ya'll keep me updated.

--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Hell if I know..........I don't have NBA TV. LOL

Ya'll keep me updated.

You're lucky... this has been ugly... I think a combination of Boston being really good and our defense learning to play with each other has allowed Boston to look really good tonight...

<><

#gmstrong
P
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
P
We just can't make open shots, period.

For some reason, out of all the new guys, Wally looks the most out of sync. I always think of him as "smooth."

I think he may be pressing a bit. For him, I think it just may be a case that he needs one solid shooting night to get his confidence

I heart winning
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Man, we can not BUY a basket tonight, on a sidenote Larry Hughes just scored 29 points against the Pacers for the 113-107 win. Tonight can't get any better,lol.

-Charles Bukowski
P
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
P
One more thing. If Kevin Garnett wins NBA MVP it will be an absolute joke. I dont think he will win it, just had to say that though. I watch a ton of NBA games, and there is no way he should be in the top 3.

I heart winning
V
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
V
I was a point guard, not a shooter. But I know about shooters. The one thing they cannot do is think. They need to just chuck it up there and have no regrets whatsoever. They have no conscience and that is how they are different from normal folks.

I have a couple of theories on shooters in Cleveland:

1. Wally is new and he is probably thinking way more than normal. It's not in him to think too much and it is probably affecting his J.

2. Playing w/LeBron actually might cause a shooter to think too much. These guys know they were brought in to shoot......D. Jones; Marhsall; that dude whose name I can't spell...he won the 3 pt. shooting contest; Wally; etc. Most of them have shot terrible. I think they think too much about that being their only job. They are thinking about failing, rather than not thinking at all............and that is what a shooter does. They don't think. They shoot.

I know that sounds like lunacy, but there is truth in it.

--Ralph Waldo Emerson
P
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
P
I 100% agree with that. It is not lunacy at all for those of us that have either played the game or watch it religiously.
For some reason I really think Wally is going to be a VERY good fit once he gets the J going. The reason I think he will be a good fit is he does put the ball on the floor and is not scared to go to the rim if their is an opening

I heart winning
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Well against most teams we should be ok with Wally, but I just think that with Rip and Allen and how they are used within their respective offenses, it really makes Wally a liability

I'm thinking that Wally is actually playing out of position. Remember, TWO of our regular SG's are injured right now. I think Sasha and Gibson will provide a little more defense on those faster guards. My thought is that we'll see Wally more in the "Donyell Marshal" role, where he comes in as a power forward that steps back and shoots threes. I think he's just at the SG spot now due to necessity.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavaliers vs. Celtics thread

Link Copied to Clipboard