Next Thread
Print Thread
#239815 03/04/08 09:34 PM
A
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
A
I had a post deleted by ref2. That's fine by me as I THINK I know why. I think someone else posted the same thing I did before I did?

Anyway is there a way to say WHY a post was deleted? In this case it looks like I did something wrong like cuss or something.

So maybe
"post deleted by ref#2 - due to duplicate post" or something like that?

Just a thought. You guys/gals rock out and do a great job. I appreciate it.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I thought it did let you know why a post was removed...maybe via PM or email? I have no idea for sure though.

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
the automated PM is only for moved posts/threads... there is currently nothing for deleted posts/threads except the Refs trying to remember to say something if they have the time.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

R
Administrator
Administrator
R
The phrase in your post in question is automatically generated in the cases where we click on a button to delete the post. We click this button, your post disappears, and it is replaced by that phrase---if there have been replies made to your post.

If no one has replied to the post when we click that button, then the post disappears "Poof" as if it never existed.

As far as receiving a message as to why the post was deleted, then that is based upon manual entry. For example, if I see a post within a thread that needs to be deleted (and I have time) I will click on EDIT and erase the post and then in all caps leave the reason why, and here's a recent example:

POST DELETED-BLOGS NOT ALLOWED

If I'm deleting a post that obviously broke a rule of some kind then in most cases I will just click the delete post button, and that appears to be what happened here.

In some cases we move an entire chain of posts, where someone posted something and there were many replies to it. In this case we can click on "MOVE THIS POST AND ANY REPLIES" and the "chain" of posts is moved, usually to our secret ref's forum where you must know the secret handshake to enter. I do this often in cases where a thread in Pure Football gets out of hand with inane replies in the midst of a thread that have nothing to do with football.

At times people tend to treat this place as a chat room instead of a message board, and that is not conducive to good discussion or the passing on of information when news is "breaking" as we have had over the onset of the FA period. It makes for long threads when people make replies with silly youtube videos or jokes when the discussion should be centered on discussing the game.

Ref2 was the one that edited your post, and I'm sure that mod will provide more feedback on your question, but until then I hope you find this feedback helpful.

Referee1 #239819 03/04/08 11:35 PM
Legend
Legend
Thanks for the nice explanation Ref1.

<><

#gmstrong
R
All Pro
All Pro
R
It was deleted because it was linked to PFT's Rumor Mill which is not allowed on this message board.

I see and hear everything. Now where did I put my white cane, and my hearing aid?
Referee2 #239821 03/05/08 03:25 PM
A
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
A
Ok, I totally think PFT should be allowed if say brownsinsider free stuff is. The site is legit, and more so every day.

However, it that is the rule to play, then I have no problem with it. Thanks for the reply and for doing what you do.

J
Legend
Legend
J
You can link to pft, just not the rumor side of it.

A
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
A
All his stuff is in what he calls his rumormill. I just don't see much of it as rumor anymore. He gets great leads, and says if/when/how he has news.

Still I can always find the same thing later in another source.

Once again thanks Refs!!!

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

All his stuff is in what he calls his rumormill. I just don't see much of it as rumor anymore. He gets great leads, and says if/when/how he has news.

Still I can always find the same thing later in another source.

Once again thanks Refs!!!

I second that as a member of PFT Planet.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum deleting posts

Link Copied to Clipboard