Page 1 of 2 1 2
#240079 03/05/08 10:47 AM
M
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
M
http://wii.ign.com/articles/856/856580p1.html

Man I can't wait till this game comes out, less then a week and best of all, next week is spring break.

"Change ownership of the team, the true change we can believe in." - I made this in 2008 tongue
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You'll have to post your review of the game! I'm interested but not ready to buy. I did put Mario Kart on reserve last week.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
M
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
M
The review is four pages long, if you're getting an ad when you click on the link, just click the continue button above the ad.

"Change ownership of the team, the true change we can believe in." - I made this in 2008 tongue
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I meant YOUR review.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
C
1st String
1st String
C
I've had it reserved since before the original delay. Now the thing is, I have 2 finals to take on Monday. I am going to be in quite a quandary when it comes out.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I did put Mario Kart on reserve last week.

I think that's going to be the game to beat in 2008! GTA and MK will be the big sellers.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
M
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
M
You're get mine Monday night (if I can get away from my Nintendo )

123 Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
should be a awesome game cant wait till get it, Nintendo bringing out the big name titles before E3, that means nothing but good after E3 they wouldn't release these 2 games now if it weren't for big names in the making.

oioioioi
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Don't have a Wii, but I do remember playing super smash brother on 64 and that game was the crap. You got to choose your fighters from a selection of mario, link, pika, kirby, it was insane.

All 64 games had unbelievable gameplay, ohhhh, Goldeneye, Zelda, Mario 64, now those were good times.

Enough of my reminiscing!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
A
ApJ Offline
2nd String
2nd String
A
4 player Mario Tennis was the shhhhh..... We would play that all weekend.

Legend
Legend
My buddy is getting it on Monnday - we're having a big wii party the following Friday

<><

#gmstrong
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Im getting it soonish as well. How about some of us post our friend codes and try to get some online Brawl going? -- I'll have to look up mine later.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
still dont have a Wii.

Eat it Phil...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Are you still looking for one? I see them regularly....

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I purchased it from blockbuster so I'll probably have it tuesday : /

But ... we definately should get some online games going

There are no sacred cows.
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Just got it! And heres my friend code... anyone is free to add me.

0301-0466-1825.

Catch ya later.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Michelle if you want a review this is the best way i can describe it...

The best Wii game I have ever played, and possibly the best nintendo game ever made.

[Linked Image from i4.photobucket.com]

PRO-BOWLER!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL, thanks.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Its a lot like smash brothers melee for gamecube. I have played so much smash bros, because it is just my favorite video game, that i think i may have burned myself out completely. There are some really cool additions which make it more fun. Chasing after floating smash balls is fun. I did get a migrane playing after about an hour, but over the next 3-4 it didnt get much stronger. I do wonder if playing video games is a good way to go through life though. I was thinking about that before i started playing, probably gave myself an existential migrane

Oh yeah..the game. Fun game. Probably about as much fun as you can have with a video game at this point. Try not to get too hooked video game junkies.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Seriously!! I went out to warm up the car this morning and went inside, turned on the Wii, popped in SSB, and when i came to out of a Diddy Kong induced butt kicking, an hour had passed. Luckily i was heading into work early ... Very fun game. You know it's good when you can sit in training mode and just whoop some computer butt for an hour without realizing it.

J
Legend
Legend
J
Uh-oh....I may have to get this game.

Legend
Legend
Both Super Smash Bros are my faivorite games I bet the new one will be just as good

M
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
M
This is a great game. Very addictive and fun. Also very easy to lose track of time. Some people complain about the mission but I'm enjoying it. Anyone who does not have it, I suggest to buy it.

Getting a dawgtalkers match going is a good idea, I'll post my friend code later.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
That would be fun It's always more fun to play against real people than computers!!

Legend
Legend
I gues if you dont get a "final smash" your screwed.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
...I really wish I had the money to get a wii

you had a good run Hank.
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Final smashes are definately very good.. but... that video has the three computer opponents all lined up and standing in place, its very rarely people will do that in a real match.

G
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
G
I am always looking for great games for the Wii. I have never played this series on any other Nintendo system but I might have to give this a try. It looks like it should be fun.

Signing Steinbach - $49.5 million
Signing Lewis - $5 million
Drafting Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn - millions more
Restoring the Browns to champions - priceless.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I almost picked it up today, but didn't. I'm still thinking on this one.

I also saw three Wii systems in the display case. Must have been shipment day.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Get it Michelle! You wont regret it. Its good, appeals to lots of different people.. and you'd get to play online against us (me?) Cant beat that!

Legend
Legend
Could I get an explanation of what kind of game this is? It sort of looks like a "street fighter" game, which I wouldn't think would get this much hype. Or is it more like Scorched Earth/Worms, where you take turns damaging each other?

Or is it a level based rpg like Final Fantasy Tactics, which was an incredibly good game. In that game you would go from place to place trying to beat the overall mission, but each level was like a turn based 2-D chess game, with multiple attack options and increased stats after earch round. That game was spectacular.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I saw a video of it online, and I must say, the level I was watching looked like it was on N64.

Wii is a great concept and seems to have sold exceptionally well, but for me, I can't make the investment unless the update the power of it's machine.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
The graphics are improved, some of the levels they go for a retro look though so it may come off the wrong way. For example the excitebike and some of the other things they used the original graphics for nostalgia purposes I suppose. The graphics really dont hamper the gameplay value.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

I almost picked it up today, but didn't. I'm still thinking on this one.

I also saw three Wii systems in the display case. Must have been shipment day.

Michelle as someone who works at a game store and around games all the time, I'm telling you this is as close as you can get to perfect for games I have played. The only thing that could possibly draw someone away from it is it not being their type of game. But in all honesty I haven't played a game that was this much fun and this well put together in a long time. Everything about it is great, including how they incorporate songs from classic games on certain stages, as you go you will unlock more classic nintendo things and songs or what not, it brings back some good memories

PRO-BOWLER!
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

I saw a video of it online, and I must say, the level I was watching looked like it was on N64.

Wii is a great concept and seems to have sold exceptionally well, but for me, I can't make the investment unless the update the power of it's machine.

The graphics and effects are great, especially if you have a good tv.

PRO-BOWLER!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe you're just the guy to answer Excl's question, then....

And, I'm not a fan of fighting games, so I'll wait for your answer to his question to make my decision.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
G
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
G
That's the thing with the Wii. It doesn't try to compete toe to toe with the PS3 and 360. The Wii is essentially the Gamecube (hence the ability to play all of the Gamecube games).

They are pushing the interactive controls and less graphics so the gameplay is better. This way they have pretty fast gameplay and lower graphics but still a great machine.

As long as you realize that going in and are not thinking you are getting the graphics of a PS3, then you will be fine with the Wii. I love it, just dont have the time to play it as much as I would like.

Signing Steinbach - $49.5 million
Signing Lewis - $5 million
Drafting Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn - millions more
Restoring the Browns to champions - priceless.
M
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
M
Its a fighting type game where nintendo characters face off against each other. But the game also includes a adventure or story mode where you go through the story like a regular side scrolling game betting up on bad guys. Its also fun to play against friends.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How much of the game is fighting? 50%? More?

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Its also much easier to learn than the Street Fighter games... no extreme combos or anything like that. For the most part you only need to know two buttons. Kind of an easy to learn tough to master.. 'cause it also has alot of depth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Link Copied to Clipboard