Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
If you don't like fighting games, you won't like SSB at all. Adventure mode or not, it's a fighting game.

I would suggest renting it to be sure, cause you never know. For as long as I could remember, I didn't like driving games. And then I tried a demo of Project Gotham Racing 2 for the Xbox. I bought it a day later. That game kicked some serious stuff in! And Burnout 3 (or maybe it was #2)!

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks...we thought about renting it. Of course, it won't be available until June probably.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

Could I get an explanation of what kind of game this is? It sort of looks like a "street fighter" game, which I wouldn't think would get this much hype. Or is it more like Scorched Earth/Worms, where you take turns damaging each other?

Or is it a level based rpg like Final Fantasy Tactics, which was an incredibly good game. In that game you would go from place to place trying to beat the overall mission, but each level was like a turn based 2-D chess game, with multiple attack options and increased stats after earch round. That game was spectacular.

It's not like street fighter, its hard to explain. There are many different stages most of which are interactive (some the platforms will go flying around and usually theyre set in different nintendo games like Kirby Zelda Mario etc...) Its a pretty simple game, there are different type of fighting moves for each character, you have your primary A+ direction attacks which will allow you to do kicks and punches and what not in that direction, and then everyone has their unique B+ direction moves. Based on your character you will do different moves. There are also items you can use, are from nintendo games that have been thrown in there (exe a poke ball in which different pokemon come out each time.)

Its an amazing party game and loads of fun, its not a street fighter/mortal combat type of game, its in a league of its own when it comes to fighters. It has that nintendo feel to it but isn't a kiddy game, is extremely fun.

Also, they have a bunch of different mini games (homerun derby and a bunch of *events* or tasks you have to complete, as well as an adventure mode that takes quite a while to beat but is also fun.)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31663.html

[Linked Image from i4.photobucket.com]

PRO-BOWLER!
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

If you don't like fighting games, you won't like SSB at all. Adventure mode or not, it's a fighting game.

Not true, I don't really like fighting games very much, this game everyone seems to like...

This doesn't just feel like a classic fighter, I know a ton of people who don't like fighters, but love this.

Last edited by WinslowBodden; 03/12/08 10:45 PM.

PRO-BOWLER!
J
Legend
Legend
J
Hmmm, I'm not a real big fan of the fighting games but I don't dislike them. After reading what you guys think, I might really like this game.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I tend to agree, fighting is only part of this game's aspect. There's so much more to this game that really completes it and makes it great. After witnessing the polish they put on it from pushing back the release, i'm extremely happy they did!

This is the best game I've played since the last kingdom hearts hands down. It's even cut into some of my reading time

You should rent it ladies! It's not a hard game to understand, plus we can get some ladder matches going maybe!

OH! Dont forget Mario Kart comes out end of next month. 12 player dawgtalkers race?! Let the mayhem begin

Last edited by Draftdayz; 03/13/08 02:02 PM.

There are no sacred cows.
J
Legend
Legend
J
I accept your challenge!! And are you telling us it's easy because you think we are dumb??

I know Michelle has reserved Mario Kart. I am the absolute worse racer in the history of video games. I either see "Wrong Way!!", or I think I'm the other person in the split screen and can't believe how good I'm doing, or I'm dead last.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I am the absolute worse racer in the history of video games. I either see "Wrong Way!!", or I think I'm the other person in the split screen and can't believe how good I'm doing, or I'm dead last.

And then I can't drive because I'm so much! It is funny when she thinks she's you...okay...whew...it still makes me laugh hysterically.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Legend
Legend
It sounds similar to monster rancher, which I actually like ... although that focuses more on training than fighting.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

And then I can't drive because I'm so much! It is funny when she thinks she's you...okay...whew...it still makes me laugh hysterically.

Man, I need to race her ... I used to have a friend that liked racing games, but was just a bad driver. I would always race infront of her and slam on the brakes, or drive her into pylons.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It really is funny...of course, it's better to be sitting there watching her watch your side of the screen then swear when she realizes she's the one crashing into everything. I haven't even looked, but maybe MKR will have online play!

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Alrighty my friend code is: 5198-2167-9077

I'm not very good, but i accept all challengers

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Added you draft! My code is higher in the thread.

M
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
M
Man I keep forgetting to write down my friend code. I wish Nintendo will just let us make up are own "friend code" so that it will be easy to remember. Anyways, I'll try to get mine here within a couple days.

"Change ownership of the team, the true change we can believe in." - I made this in 2008 tongue
123 Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
i got the game yesterday, coulden't stop playing it. Really fun

oioioioi
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Quote:

I haven't even looked, but maybe MKR will have online play!

Oh it does, with up to 12 people racing at once

Gotcha McCutch.

J
Legend
Legend
J
Quote:

Quote:

I haven't even looked, but maybe MKR will have online play!

Oh it does, with up to 12 people racing at once

Oh no.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
123 Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
kinda offtopic but...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6187886.htm...estnews;title;1

Nintendo prepping 'big' holiday
Fils-Aime says Wii maker will reveal "new content maximizing all of our key franchises" at E3 in July.
By Tom Magrino, GameSpot
Posted Mar 17, 2008 10:45 am PT

As compared to years past, the 2007 E3 Media & Business Summit was relatively light on big game announcements, and most publishers were content to merely share new looks at their holiday 2007 wares. However, Nintendo was an exception to that rule, given that the publisher took the opportunity to unveil not just the next installment in the popular Mario Kart series, but also the game it hopes will seed the next big thing in gaming: Wii Fit.

With this year's E3 on the horizon, Nintendo of America president and chief operations officer Reggie Fils-Aime is already greasing the hype machine for how the Wii maker will attempt to steal this year's show. Speaking to GameTrailers TV, Fils-Aime told the host that Nintendo would be laying out its lineup for the rest of the year at the show, and said, "We're going to have great new content maximizing all of our key franchises, it's going to be a good second half."

Fils-Aime didn't divulge details on what said products in key franchises would be, but he did mention that Nintendo has an ace up its sleeve to capture gamers' mindshare during this year's holiday rush. "There's going to be a big game for the holidays that the gamers will want," said the former Nintendo VP of sales and marketing. "All I can tell you is that what we announce during E3 is going to be fantastic. The gamers are going to be excited and the expanded audience is going to be excited."

Responding to prodding queries from the show's host, Fils-Aime also mentioned the long-under-the-radar Wii Music Orchestra. "We were just in Japan, we saw a range of different products, we saw a sneak peak as to how that's developing, it's looking great," he said. "So who knows, maybe that's one of the things we talk about at E3."

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=11&ch=1&sd=0

link to the video

oioioioi
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Let's see...

Animal Crossing?
Metroid?
Donkey Kong?
Zelda?

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
M
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
M
Hopefully a new Donkey Kong game that is actually an adventure.

"Change ownership of the team, the true change we can believe in." - I made this in 2008 tongue
J
Legend
Legend
J
Quote:

Hopefully a new Donkey Kong game that is actually an adventure.

I have been wanting that for years. I can't understand why it's been so long. I love those games.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Plus who doesn't love Diddy Kong

Legend
Legend
How about an annoucement detailing plans to have enough consoles in stores for people to buy? That would be a nice change of pace. Just this past weekend, the Best Buy in Schaumburg, IL sold out before the store opened (the line was full by 8am on Sunday).

I know, go to a WalMart that is way out in the boonies, you'll find one there. I'm in Chicago and that puts me 50 miles from "boonies". Plus, I would rather order one online. Why can't I EVER find one on Amazon (where shipping is usually free and no tax)? It really is lame to still not have enough consoles to go around.

The average price for an eBay Wii is around $350.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I saw three in my WallyWorld last week. I almost bought one in case someone wanted it. Next time, I just might.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
123 Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
in that video i posted above the nintendo guy said there making something like 1.4 MILLION wii's a month, still pretty crazy that since launch on November 2006 they are still sold out

oioioioi
Legend
Legend
Quote:

in that video i posted above the nintendo guy said there making something like 1.4 MILLION wii's a month, still pretty crazy that since launch on November 2006 they are still sold out

No doubt. I realize Nintendo is making as many as they can. And they're selling out in minutes because so many people want them. The old supply and demand.

However, with all that being said, I simply want to be able to just "go get one". I don't feel I should have to camp out on a Sunday morning at 7am this far after the console's street date to buy one. It's insane.

It's probably a good thing, I'm broke.

[Linked Image]

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
They sell out instantly, it's kind of hard to provide EVERYONE with enough Wii's to meet the demand, its pretty crazy that Nintendo hasn't raised the price on the Wii at all, I mean the rule of supply and demand, I bet they could raise it to $300 and still have the same demand easily.

That was kind of off-topic, but seeing as I work at a game store, we get Wii's in and they sell instantly, I was in the store once where we got a shipment and everyone in the store decided to buy a Wii so we were out instantly.

PRO-BOWLER!
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Took me about 3 weeks of "active" looking to find one. I called 5 gamestops around my house and school everyday at 1030-1100am to see if they had any. I got scooped 3 times before i found one available. It's sooooo worth it though!!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Link Copied to Clipboard