Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Quote:

BURLINGTON – A Florence woman claims Bengals linebacker Ahmad Brooks punched her in the face, according to court records.

Brooks has been summoned to appear June 6 in Boone District Court to answer to the charges.

Destiny Rosich gave a sworn statement Wednesday that Brooks was arguing outside her neighbor’s home on April 9 in the 7600 block of Banklick Street. She said her children were outside playing and began to cry because Brooks and the neighbor were about to start a fist fight.

Brooks told the neighbor that he was going to “split his head open,” Rosich wrote in her statement.

That when she “nicely approached” Brooks and asked him to stop and “take it somewhere else,” according to the statement.

“He then pulled back his fist and struck (punched) me in the left eye,” Rosich wrote. “I then fell and blacked out.”

Rosich said when she gained consciousness, she grabbed her children, ran inside
her home, called 911 and was taken to an area emergency room. She did not sustain any long-term injuries.

Link

[Linked Image]

When it gets cold and snows and the wind blows, you gotta be able to run the ball. - TR
Legend
Legend
Well, I'll say this much, there's a lot left to be desired in that story before w should come to the conclusion that it's true.

I'd like to see her definition of "nicely approached" and what she meant by asking him "to take it somewhere else."

And, if he was about to get in a fight with the other guy for whatever reason, it's possible he went to deck the other guy and hit her by accident. Certainly wouldn't be the first time that's ever happened.

I'm not condoning it in the least. I'm just saying that I'm going to reserve judgment until more of the story comes out.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
A
Legend
Legend
A
Okay, I'll preface this by saying: IF this is true, what in the hell is up with bengals players? That team is becoming a cancer - IF this is true.

IF this is true and accurate, I would be ashamed to be a law abiding member of the team. Ashamed and embarassed.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And the "hits" just keep on comin'.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
J
Legend
Legend
J
Yay! The sports talk on my way home will be, once again, enjoyable.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Once a bungal...always a bungal...

[Linked Image from fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net]
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
I know this is way preliminary, and potentially way wrong.

But really?! Cmon Cincy. Seriously, get ur poop together. This team is a disaster...

and the fact that they just drafted two more people that have bad histories is just dumbfounding.

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
A
1st String
1st String
A
Bengals new theme song, My cellmate thinks i'm sexy.

Last edited by artSUXS; 05/01/08 05:30 PM.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I cannot wait to see this team implode this season.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'd like to see her definition of "nicely approached" and what she meant by asking him "to take it somewhere else."

I know you said you don't condone it, but no matter how she approached him, and what she said, you don't punch her in the eye.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

And, if he was about to get in a fight with the other guy for whatever reason, it's possible he went to deck the other guy and hit her by accident. Certainly wouldn't be the first time that's ever happened.

If that's the case, and he can't hit a guy standing still just 2' in front of him, how do they expect him to catch a tackle a guy running full steam forward.

There's just no reason to hit a woman, accident or not. Well unless she is waving a gun in your face and threatening to shoot.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
J
Legend
Legend
J
Lots of the Bengals fans calling into the morning sports shows today.....many of them were speculating that she had it coming. I guess the fans are much like the players.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
First let me say that I was not there, so I do not know what happened. BUT is it just me that sees there are MASSIVE HOLES in this story. Brooks is 260lbs and if he hauled off and hit a woman, they WOULD HAVE arrested him, no question! Plus, wouldn't the guy he was arguing with would have been a witness to this?? Also, she was knocked unconscious and just woke up, gathered her kids and went inside? There are some HUGE holes in this story, so before I say he needs to be in jail..etc, we might want to wait on this one!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

That team is becoming a cancer - IF this is true.

becoming?

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Lots of the Bengals fans calling into the morning sports shows today.....many of them were speculating that she had it coming. I guess the fans are much like the players.

I don't care if she had it coming or not. 250 Lbs. proffesional athletes shouldn't be punching women. I guess it's ok for men to beat our spouses. Afterall, anyone who has been married knows that your spouse (applies to men and women) have it coming once in a while.

I don't know if this is true or not, but there were witnesses there. Also, if he hit her as hard as she says, it would leave a substancial mark.

The Bengals went ahead and drafted Shirley, another player with character issues. Marvin said something to the effect that Shirley isn't the same person he was. The thing is Shirley got in trouble for two seperate issues as a senior. Lewis can't lay the blame on Brown anymore IMO.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

First let me say that I was not there, so I do not know what happened. BUT is it just me that sees there are MASSIVE HOLES in this story. Brooks is 260lbs and if he hauled off and hit a woman, they WOULD HAVE arrested him, no question! Plus, wouldn't the guy he was arguing with would have been a witness to this?? Also, she was knocked unconscious and just woke up, gathered her kids and went inside? There are some HUGE holes in this story, so before I say he needs to be in jail..etc, we might want to wait on this one!

I agree that it sounds very fishy, but one of the many articles about this stated that he could not be arrested at the time because it was not witnessed by a peace officer. The oddity in that is if they were man and wife and she had a mark on her face (which she should having been reportedly treated at a hospital) he would have been arrested on DV charges without it being witnessed by the authorities. She had to go make a sworn statement before charges could be filed against him. He's got his day in court on June 6th so we'll see.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Gotta love the system. I guess it must have been a misdemeanor charge.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

many of them were speculating that she had it coming. I guess the fans are much like the players.

Bungle fans are the most pathetic creatures on the planet. They think their gonna win the division and sweep us and pittsburgh.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quote:

Bungle fans are the most pathetic creatures on the planet. They think their gonna win the division and sweep us and pittsburgh.

Unless they can get work release for a 1/3 of their team i don't see that happening..

nordawg

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Bengals' Brooks Punches Woman In Face

Link Copied to Clipboard