Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The shirt didn't bother me. I boycott Papa Johns only because of their bad pizza.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
you broke the forums!

way to go buddy..

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Legend
Legend
Something's wrong with the original thread ...
anyway, here's my comment:

Maybe they were refering to the 23 whining players, coaches, and otehr personelle employed by the Washington Wizards.

They complain far more than LeBron.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Breaking stuff happens to be my forte

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Papa Johns has a sweet deal here on Wednesdays we get 1/2 off for living here, so i eat their pizza all the time.Plus my wifes girlfriend is a manager of the one in mentor so I always get hooked up
I sent them a lil feedback. Why not. What makes it even better is their gonna be crying now, they lost muhahaha I told them I have to seriously question my support for their franchise I really don't care about the shirt really, just trying to get free stuff hehe. it's just a promotion.

Our honor defend, we will fight to the end, for OHIO! GO BUCKS!
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
*****disclaimer**** it appears that I started this thread but I really didnt (long story)***/disclaimer***

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
What a joke! Here's my note to Papa Johns via this link provided in the other thread - http://www.papajohns.com/feedback/ele_feed.htm?agree=0&image.x=22&image.y=6

What in the hell were you guys thinking of sponsoring the 'Crybaby 23' shirts in the CAVS game?!?!?!?

Do you not realize you have stores in Ohio?

What a complete and utter lack of respect for where you do business in. If your goal was to alienate your Ohio customers, congratulations you've done a fine job!

I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM PAPA JOHN'S AGAIN.

There are plenty of other pizza chains that actually value their Ohio based customers.

[Linked Image from i45.tinypic.com]
V
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
V
Quote:

Maybe they were refering to the 23 whining players, coaches, and otehr personelle employed by the Washington Wizards.

They complain far more than LeBron.

I really haven't heard LeBron cry. I saw him get angry a couple of times. I heard him say something like--- if that's the way they wanna play, fine--- but I haven't heard him cry at all.

Hell, the words that Haywood used were made up. LeBron never said that. It was funny last night to watch numerous Wizard players complain over and over again, and Haywood was one of them.

I'm glad this series is over. I like physical basketball, but the Wizards are pretenders. They aren't tough......they tried to play the part. They came across more as thugs and losers than anything else.

Sidenote: I'm glad Atlanta won last night. I'm rooting for them to beat Boston, but even if they don't, I think them extending that series should help the Cavs. And like the announcer said last night, it will allow Sasha to get a couple of practices in. That was actually a pretty good comment coming from a play-by-play guy.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Hell, the words that Haywood used were made up. LeBron never said that. It was funny last night to watch numerous Wizard players complain over and over again, and Haywood was one of them.

I didn't realize that. I think LeBron made them cry by going for 27-13-13 while making 10 for 10 at the charity stripe.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I want to thank you for the complaint that you just sent through. As
a representative of Papa Johns in Cleveland, we DO NOT condone the behavior
of these people WHAT SO EVER. I am a lifelong resident of the state of
Ohio and would NEVER allow such behavior by someone from CLEVELAND.
Unfortunately, at present, we DO NOT know who is behind this but, be
assured, we are working diligently to find out. We STAND behind the
Cleveland Cavaliers 100% and LOVE Lebron James.

Sincerely,

Lori Caraballo
Papa John's Pizza
Director of Operations
Cleveland - East
(440) 454-2068
(440) 471-4427 fax

lol

Legend
Legend
lots of back pedalling there.

<><

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
Free press. Papa Johns is loving it. Advertising money can't buy!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Papa John's issues apology, pizza deal
Posted by Laura Johnston May 04, 2008 18:30PM
Categories: Breaking News

Looks like Papa John's is eating humble pie.

Or rather, serving it up to Clevelanders - for a whopping 23 cents.

(Sorry about the cheesy pun. Oops, just did it again.)

The pizza chain issued an apology Sunday for the No. 23 T-shirts emblazoned with the word "Crybaby" and the Papa John's logo, which Washington Wizards fans flaunted during Friday's playoff game in Washington DC. To show the chain's sincerity, its more than 40 area stores on Thursday will sell customers a large one-topping pie for 23 cents.

The company will donate those 23 cents from every pizza, plus $10,000, to the Cavaliers Youth Fund.

"At Papa John's, we're huge fans of Cleveland, the Cavs and LeBron James," said the company statement. "Everyone wins, and we wish the same for the Cavs and LeBron through the playoffs."

The shirts stemmed from No. 23, LeBron James', complaints about hard fouls he thought were intended to injure. Wizards Center Brendan Haywood labeled him a crybaby.

Too bad the Cavs took Game 6 105-88. And we won 23-cent pizza.

Guess that makes it no harm, no foul.

Legend
Legend
Wonder if the store down the street from me counts as an area store

<><

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Wonder if the store down the street from me counts as an area store

They should include Athens in this deal since we're mostly transplanted Clevelanders.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
"will sell customers a large one-topping pie for 23 cents."

That's still overcharging for what just might be the world's worst pizza.Some sort of fake Italian crap.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Waaay too much sugar in the sauce. My son loves it but I can't even get myself through one slice.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I love their bacon chicken ranch pizza

My sister is a manger of a store in Virginia - so I have to like them

<><

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
i remember when papa john's first came out, it was really good..

and i don't know what happened, but the pizza since has not been great at all, it's been a few years since i've had theirs, but maybe they changed the sauce or the company they got their ingredients from, i'm not sure...

for 23 cents, you'll eat it

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Poopy John's pizza is nasty.

[Linked Image from media.scout.com]
H
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
H
Quote:

i remember when papa john's first came out, it was really good..

and i don't know what happened, but the pizza since has not been great at all, it's been a few years since i've had theirs, but maybe they changed the sauce or the company they got their ingredients from, i'm not sure...

for 23 cents, you'll eat it

They went on the public market and John Schnatter became a figure head.
Their product has to be micro managed due to the actual sauce they use.
Being a public co they now are beholding to the stock holders not the customers. Most of their mgrs don't handle the sauce properly and it goes bad.

Anyway, a very poor decision by someone that will probably be unemployed soon.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Well I guess some other people had a problem with it too!

[Linked Image]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Papa John's issues apology, pizza deal
Posted by Laura Johnston
May 04, 2008 18:30PM

Looks like Papa John's is eating humble pie.

Or rather, serving it up to Clevelanders - for a whopping 23 cents.

(Sorry about the cheesy pun. Oops, just did it again.)

The pizza chain issued an apology Sunday for the No. 23 T-shirts emblazoned with the word "Crybaby" and the Papa John's logo, which Washington Wizards fans flaunted during Friday's playoff game in Washington DC. To show the chain's sincerity, its more than 40 area stores on Thursday will sell customers a large one-topping pie for 23 cents.

The company will donate those 23 cents from every pizza, plus $10,000, to the Cavaliers Youth Fund.

"At Papa John's, we're huge fans of Cleveland, the Cavs and LeBron James," said the company statement. "Everyone wins, and we wish the same for the Cavs and LeBron through the playoffs."

The shirts stemmed from No. 23, LeBron James', complaints about hard fouls he thought were intended to injure. Wizards Center Brendan Haywood labeled him a crybaby.

Too bad the Cavs took Game 6 105-88. And we won 23-cent pizza.

Guess that makes it no harm, no foul.

from PD

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
B
Rookie
Rookie
B
Some people in Cleveland need to get their underoos out of a bunch.

If you don't like Papa Johns (I'm with you), don't buy their pizza.

To say that you're not going to buy it because of some t-shirts is just plain moronic. Those stores are franchised, so if some people think that was a "corporate decision", they need to go to Cleveland Clinic ASAP.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Actually that is not completely true. There are corporate stores and franchise stores all across the country. While highly unlikely, it could have been possible that the shirts came from a corporate store.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
Aren't there district managers as well? They sort of over-see a couple different franchises within the same area? I know other franchise chains do that. A decision could of been made at that level. At any rate, I don't think Papa John's minds that much ... as they are getting plenty of free publicity.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

So he's saying Papa Johns hates the Celtics and the Pistons.. I think those two citys should boycott.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
j/c

No T-shirt will stop me from eating Papa John's pizza. That garlic butter sauce is the best! Pepperoni, pineapple and TONS of garlic butter sauce! Mmmmmmmmmmm!

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

j/c

No T-shirt will stop me from eating Papa John's pizza. That garlic butter sauce is the best! Pepperoni, pineapple and TONS of garlic butter sauce! Mmmmmmmmmmm!

Yeah man I am with you. Everyone hates them for some reason but I think their pizza is decent for a chain place. Though I do dig homemade pizza places more than the chains I think their pizza is pretty good for a chain. I like their spinach alfredo pizza with extra garlic sauce and a nacho cheese cup,,mmmm.
Wednesday night's are pizza nights here b/c PJ's gives us 1/2 off for living in the apartment/condo community I live at. So if anyone is from this area, call the Papa Johns on 306/Lakeshore and say you live in Tamarac and pick it up. They will never know, muhahaha! Then Thursday you can get another one for 23 cents,,2 pizzas for less then one,,gotta love dat yo!

B
Rookie
Rookie
B
Quote:

Actually that is not completely true. There are corporate stores and franchise stores all across the country. While highly unlikely, it could have been possible that the shirts came from a corporate store.

Either way, how anyone thinks that boycotting Cleveland area Papa John's is crazy. I'm sure that those franchises are owned by Cleveland area people, so Ohio's going to lose more jobs because of a T-shirt? Please.

B
1st String
1st String
B
Quote:

Either way, how anyone thinks that boycotting Cleveland area Papa John's is crazy. I'm sure that those franchises are owned by Cleveland area people...

I believe this would require some form of advanced thinking, not the knee-jerk reactionism that is in much greater supply around here.

Yeah! Let's drive some Cleveland business owners (and possible Cavs fans) out of business because of a stupid t-shirt in D.C! Yeah! Boycott!!

**Insert clever signature here attributed to some historical figure that sounds interesting but has been taken completely out of context.
Legend
Legend
Papa Johns is just having some fun with it and trying to capitalize on a local market.. sheesh some people need to lighten up. I could see if they used it in their national ads or something but...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I say the Cavs fans have a little fun and wear some "Crap Pizza ... PJ's" shirts next home game.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I say the Cavs fans have a little fun and wear some "Crap Pizza ... PJ's" shirts next home game.

Ha ha ha....that would be funny.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Looks like you guys get cheap pizza:

Quote:

To apologize, Papa John's will sell Cleveland residents a large, one-topping pizza for 23 cents on Thursday. The 23 is an homage to James' jersey number. The company also will donate $10,000 to the Cavaliers Youth Fund.

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Waaay too much sugar in the sauce. My son loves it but I can't even get myself through one slice.

I'll eat the garlic butter and crust! Otherwise? The kids eat it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I guess that we'lll bump this thread instead of upsetting the Refs by posting this in a clearly titled new thread ......

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2008/05/hey_cleveland_heres_how_to_get.html

You've been waiting for it all week, yakking about it in cafeteria lunch lines and during morning workouts at Curves.
Twenty-three-cent pizza!

Impossible, it seems, in an era of almost-$4-a-gallon gas and growing-like-a-weed grocery bills.

But today only, to make amends for a handful of Papa John's T-shirts bashing Cavs star LeBron James as a "Crybaby," the pizza chain is selling large, one-topping pizzas at a discount of more than 10 bucks. Eighty-six stores in Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo and Youngstown are in on the deal, each prepared to sell more than 900 pies.

The company issued an apology Sunday for the six shirts that a Washington, D.C., franchisee made, without corporate permission, for Friday's playoff game.

The shirts referred to James' complaints about hard fouls and Wizards center Brendan Haywood labeling him a crybaby.

"We needed to get something back in their hands to say we're sorry, we apologize," said Tristan Nelson, who expects to sell more than 2,000 pizzas at each of her eight Akron Papa John's locations. "A 23-cent deal is crazy. . . . But we're ready to take on this challenge."

So are we.

Some of us plan to enlist our spouses and kids to stand in line and stock up. Others of us pledge to buy pizza for homeless shelters or bring back lunch for the office. The students and staff at Mary B. Martin School in Cleveland will get a free pizza party. And a few entrepreneurs see the special as a chance for their own sale.

While some of our still-fuming Cavs fans urge a Crybaby-deal boycott, this is Cleveland. We're all about cheap, gooey goodness.

Papa John's messed up. Don't call my LeBron a crybaby," said Clarissa Bowie of Euclid, who nevertheless plans to join the line at Papa John's today. "I never pass up a good offer."

The buzz -- which at one of Nelson's stores included 400 calls Tuesday -- has stunned even Papa John's.

"There are a lot of loyal fans and a lot of love out there, but Cleveland tops everything I've ever seen," said Tim North, vice president of the division that runs from Ohio to Maine to North Carolina.

"The interest is tremendous; the appreciation is overwhelming."

And it's likely the lines will be long. That's what the Subway on Euclid's Lake Shore Boulevard is banking on.

Next door to Papa John's, the sub shop will offer its regular $5 foot-long deal. And employee Sean Bevan, 23, will stand outside with a sign, hoping to attract deal-seekers who don't want to wait.

"Maybe we'll offer one as an appetizer," he said.

Also in the Shore Center plaza, Kim's Wings will offer a small fry, normally $1.10, for 23 cents. Ernie's Center Beverage will offer Cotton Club pop for 23 cents.

"This is about the area, the community, team spirit," said owner Ernie Brown. "Everybody is getting together to rally around the home team."

Papa John's is donating $10,000, plus the 23 cents from each pizza sold, to the Cavaliers Youth Fund, a foundation that encourages education, promotes health and fitness and supports job-training programs.

And the homeless could benefit as well, if philanthropists follow through on their idea to pick up pizza for Cleveland-area hunger centers.

The Bishop William M. Cosgrove Emergency Assistance Center downtown hadn't received any pizza delivery promises, but would be happy to serve slices from noon to 1:30 p.m., said program director Nicole Evans.

The rest of us will happily buy pizza.

Or at least keep marveling over the price-- only 23 cents!

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:

ljohnsto@plaind.com

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I guess that we'lll bump this thread instead of upsetting the Refs by posting this in a clearly titled new thread ......

Why would it need its own thread?

Eat it Phil...
Legend
Legend
Well ... in my mind, a "T Shirt" title doesn't = "free pizza" content.

If someone was making their first trip to the boards ..... and you told them "You have 5 minutes to find the free pizza thread" ...... would they be able to?

It's like having a gameday thread in which an injury is posted ..... then an update stating that a player will be out for X time ..... or needs surgery ..... etc. ...... then a new thread titled "Player X will be out for ...." being removed because it duplicates the content of another thread.

Sometimes this stuff gets ridiculous, and the Refs get a bit carried away.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
i'm at work and we just called 5 papa john's multiple times trying to place an order for lunch. couldn't get through to a single one! i should point out that it was 10:30 when we called! one of my co-workers mentioned that she drove by one and the line was out the door and a few doors down even. the prices don't even start until 11:00 i believe. i was expecting a rush, but this is more than i thought. imagine what it will be like for dinner tonight! i do feel bad for the local owners though, i really hope corporate is somehow able to subsidize these locations for the idiocy of the washington franchises.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Re: Papa John's T-Shirt: Crybaby 23

Link Copied to Clipboard