Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Ammo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
I started watching it religiously about a month ago and I can't get enough of the show.

Brilliantly written and I love the back and forth humor from everyone on the show.

I wonder why it took me so long to catch onto this show, maybe because it's on CBS and I only watch CBS for NFL games.

Anyway, anyone else watch it?

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
That show is hilarious. Hope it stays on for awhile. Seems like when I really start liking a show like Son of the Beach (an acquired taste, kinda Reno 911'ish) or Arrested Development, they take it off the air.

[Linked Image from media.scout.com]
A
Ammo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

That show is hilarious. Hope it stays on for awhile. Seems like when I really start liking a show like Son of the Beach (an acquired taste, kinda Reno 911'ish) or Arrested Development, they take it off the air.

I know what you mean, Arrested Development was ahead of its time though. If it went back on the air today it would have a Family Guy-esque revival. The problem is obviously the fact that Family Guy is animated and AD is not, therefore the time jump is too significant, especially among the younger characters.

Fortunately Two and a Half Men already is syndicated so the show is a success.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Thats one of the shows we try to catch every week, it is very funny, the son is the funniest of them all, We dont watch alot of TV but thats one we try to catch, also I enjoy Bones & How I met your mother.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Quote:

Thats one of the shows we try to catch every week, it is very funny, the son is the funniest of them all, We dont watch alot of TV but thats one we try to catch, also I enjoy Bones & How I met your mother.

Watch all three of those. Like em' a lot.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I love that show!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Eh. I watch it occasionally, but its gotten annoying to me over the past year or so. I have it on my DVR, but 9 times out of 10 I just delete it without watching it. I really liked it when it started, but its not as good now, IMO.

And, please, don't compare it to Arrested Development. AD was a smart show, witty, and you had to follow to get all the jokes. Two and Half Men is a show that you can jump in on at any time because it is a LOT more slapstick. They are entirely different, IMO.

[color:"green"] "World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Please talk amongst yourselves." Get Fuzzy[/color]
J
Legend
Legend
J
I just started watching more recently and we wondered why we hadn't watched it more often over the years because it's pretty damn funny. Must be the time slot it was in that I never seemed to catch it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm pretty much the same way, I started watching it when WUAB put the reruns on from 7-8, before that I barely knew the show existed. Now I can't get enough of it.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
A
Ammo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Eh. I watch it occasionally, but its gotten annoying to me over the past year or so. I have it on my DVR, but 9 times out of 10 I just delete it without watching it. I really liked it when it started, but its not as good now, IMO.

And, please, don't compare it to Arrested Development. AD was a smart show, witty, and you had to follow to get all the jokes. Two and Half Men is a show that you can jump in on at any time because it is a LOT more slapstick. They are entirely different, IMO.

Not comparing it to Arrested Development. Arrested Development is in its own league when it comes to being on your toes to catch the humor in it.

Two and a Half Men is just flat out funny, I love Charlie and the maid...the son's gig just gets old after awhile. Ok, you're an underachiever, we get it.

Alan is TOO annoying, however. Still I think it's the best live action sitcom on TV right now, which isn't saying much considering the live action sitcom is dead at the moment.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I've watched it since day one! I agree, one of the funniest shows out there. Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer are fabulous together and the kid steals the show 90% of the time.

Last nights episode was hilarious. Charlie telling his mom why he likes this lady and she hits him with the story that she was nurturing. Yeah right she was nurturing.....maybe for a pihrahnna.

[Linked Image from i8.photobucket.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Try catching Big Bang Theory. It's hilarious too. Same writers as 2 1/2 Men.

Big Bang involves my favorite type of guys......brainiac nerds. There have been several episodes where I related just a little too much to the show because of being around geeky guys for some time......always playing rpg's and talking Star Trek.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Until I started watching Big Bang Theory I thought I was a nerd. Now I know better.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Big Bang Theory is also a great show.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I watch 2 shows each and every week ... and thats all the TV i watch ... .. well other than sports ..

they are two and a half men and the Big Bang Theory ,,,

both shows make me *LMAO* .... I missed the Big bang 3 or 4 weeks ago and forgot to record it ... so I went and watched it online (never in a million years did i think I;d do that) .. it was the one with sheldon's twin ... i couldnt stop *L* .. that was a GREAT ONE ..

both very good shows ... only 2 i watch ...

J
Legend
Legend
J
I don't think I've ever watched the Big Bang Theory. I don't watch any show regularly and not very many of them period. Well, we do watch ER because my better half likes it, I probably wouldn't watch if it were just me.

I might have to check it out since so many of you seem to like it.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
i also started watching it just recently...when it started getting syndicated play frmo 7-8, which is my only TV time lately...

i think it's pretty funny, but unlike a lot of you, i think the kid is just horrible...i get the role he's supposed to be playing, but he's just got bad delivery or something, IMO...

just watched the one with Berta's daughter going into labor the other night...Charlie winces, and Berta asks "what, you never seen an angry one before?"...

Browns fans are born with it...
Legend
Legend
I used to watch ER about 7 casts ago...

After I got over my "24" withdrawal this spring, I got into Dexter (which is a really DARK show) and Reaper is pretty funny...

yebat' Putin
C
Rookie
Rookie
C
I think it is funny, but Im more of an Everybody loves Raymond fan. That show was my favorite.

With the New regime starting in Cleveland. It is key that the Browns draft Taylor Mays. He fits our scheme and is one of the best safeties I have seen
J
Legend
Legend
J
Me too. I loved that show. I still watch the reruns and laugh out loud.

Legend
Legend
With a good make-up job, I think you and I could have played Rays parents.

yebat' Putin
J
Legend
Legend
J
I don't like that, Frank.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

With a good make-up job, I think you and I could have played Rays parents.

C'mon DC, Jules looks nothing like Peter Boyle!

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I know man..it's awesome...Its on my list of shows to watch weekly

The Office, How i meet your mother, House, Lost and few others

[Linked Image from fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I miss 24 man....didn't they say they r commin out with the new season this year...but it's now pushed back to early next year

[Linked Image from fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

I wonder why it took me so long to catch onto this show, maybe because it's on CBS and I only watch CBS for NFL games.

that shouldn't make much of a difference, they advertise the hell out of their programming during the nfl games

i've watched very little of the show, but people rave about it, i may have to rent some dvds

R
Legend
Legend
R
Can't get into it. I've kind of gone anti-sitcom over the last few years when it comes to new ones.

Shows I do watch in syndication are Seinfeld, Friends, and King of Queens. These are 3 of the Top 10 sitcoms of all-time, IMO.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
G
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
G
I never have seen it but a few weeks ago my boss said he really enjoys it. I'd like to catch it sometime.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Watched it a couple times...just not my cuppa tea. The only show (besides NFL) on CBS that I watch is How I Met Your Mother. That show is a frickin RIOT!

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
G
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
G
Quote:

Can't get into it. I've kind of gone anti-sitcom over the last few years when it comes to new ones.

Shows I do watch in syndication are Seinfeld, Friends, and King of Queens. These are 3 of the Top 10 sitcoms of all-time, IMO.

I guess I felt the same way after Taxi, Cheers and Seinfeld. I do watch The Office after have rented and enjoyed the original series (BBC) before NBC picked it up.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I used to watch Two and a Half Men all the time, but it got to be more of the same after a while. It's still funny, but it isn't "must see TV" for me any more.

Big Bang Theory, on the otherhand, cracks me up. The guy who plays Sheldon is hysterically obtuse. I got a series recording going on that puppy.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sheldon is the "textbook" version of geek. He is not only a former child prodigy, but he's so anal retentive he makes Monk look twitchy. Sheldon has ocd in various forms, first episode really set the tone for his ocd, superiority complex attitude, delusions of godhood and granduer. Sheldon is spoiled beyond belief and still has the apron strings firmly stuck in his grip. He is such the freak and I love him to pieces. He annoys everyone and has started in with learning chinese now. I am looking forward to seeing how many more languages he learns and how many more cultures he can annoy.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
That scene at the end of this week's show was CLASSIC (arguing with the Chinese guy with Chinese so broken that NONE of it made any sense).

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
You gotta love that show and you actually laugh not just chuckle out loud. I would have to say my favorite character is Allen, he's awesome.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I think it is funny, but Im more of an Everybody loves Raymond fan. That show was my favorite.

I like everthing about that show except for Raymond , I know it was a very popular show but listening to Ray Romanos whiny voice is like nails on a chalkboard and theway his wife treats him is shameful. "Debbbbbbraaaaaaa" " Ray, your so stupid!!"

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

That scene at the end of this week's show was CLASSIC (arguing with the Chinese guy with Chinese so broken that NONE of it made any sense).

How bout when he told that young couple that their monkey sleeps in his stomach.

I loved the episode when he got fired/quit his job at the college. When they had to resort to bringing Mommy into the picture I figured out why Sheldon is so screwed up. Someone mentioned his twin sister....that was a great episode also.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My favorite episode was the one where Sheldon got sick. "The protocall established after the Great Ear Infection of 06."

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
That was hilarious! Typhoid Penny...

-- Mark Twain [/color]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Anyone watch Two and a Half Men?

Link Copied to Clipboard