Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Should the Browns enquire about this transaction?
Maybe as a “Big Nickel”???

Link

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
WE GOTTA GET THIS GUY!! Seriously, we should bring him in. He is decent and young.

Legend
Legend
...Who?

All Pro
All Pro
He's not any better than anyone else we have on the roster IMO.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Quote:

Maybe you've never seen Brodney Pool play

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

if anybody... better than Mike Adams...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

Quote:

Pool actually progressed as the season went on, I would kind of expect that considering it was his first full year starting...

[Linked Image from i4.photobucket.com]

PRO-BOWLER!
R
Legend
Legend
R
I think we've played the Raiders every year the last 3 years. I think he was in at least 2 of the games, if not all 3.

I remember being very unimpressed.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Quote:

Maybe you've never seen Schweigert play... oh wait a minute... you probably HAVEN'T seen Schweigert play because he's NEVER HEALTHY.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I know he had some injury problems last season and lost his starting job for the last 5 games of the season, but he had 107 tackles in 06 and that’s not bad coming from your Safety. he only has 4 INT's sense intering the league in 2004, but other then that I think he was a productive player if not a spectacular one. Plus he is only 26 years old

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
He's had injury issues almost his whole career. In four seasons, he's only played in all 16 games once. I'd pass.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

WE GOTTA GET THIS GUY!! Seriously, we should bring him in. He is decent and young.

Uh ... he was cut by the RAIDERS. If he can't make that sorry franchise as a bench scrub, what's he going to do for us?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
To be honest, I didn't know about the injury problems. I just remembered a talented safety getting picked in the 2nd round. If I had known about them I wouldn't have said that. And I was about half kidding.

FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

He's had injury issues almost his whole career. In four seasons, he's only played in all 16 games once. I'd pass.

He has only missed 1 game in 4 years and that was last season.
So if he has been injured he has been playing so.

By your criteria then we should probably cut Antwan Peek?

He hasn’t lived up to his Collage record for INT’s (17)…Rod Woodson had (11)
He also has not had the continuity of the same Coaching staff, but the best part is he wouldn’t cost us much to offer him a 1 year contract and bring him in to see just what he may or may not be able to offer us and maybe….just maybe he can push Pool to improve. There in a nut shell is the method to my madness my friends

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

if anybody... better than Mike Adams...

Mike Adams also plays corner. He is undersized to be a FS, but is a versatile backup. He actually impressed me last season. He is a solid role player, and we will see a lot of him in coverage this year.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

Uh ... he was cut by the RAIDERS. If he can't make that sorry franchise as a bench scrub, what's he going to do for us?

I think their D is pretty solid.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
it is...

but remembering how a QB like Charlie Frye can lead a team back to victory against their defense makes we wonder.... lol..

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

He has only missed 1 game in 4 years and that was last season.
So if he has been injured he has been playing so.

Whoops... you're right! I'm not sure who I was confusing him with, but I think I'd still pass. Apparently, he's really struggled in run support (which, from all reports I've read, is why he lost his starting job).

-- Mark Twain [/color]
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The guy posted 107 tackles in 06, so I don’t think run support is the reason….he had a reputation as a ball hawk coming out of Purdue, but he never had more the 2 picks for any given year. so that might be the reason why they let him go. I dont know.....just thought maybe he was worth a look'cy

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I really like Schweigert coming out of college. Dude can hit.

In Raiders games watched, I don't remember him standing out all that much...either on the pro or con side.

Nonetheless, a young but experienced safety.... might be worth at least a peek.

Legend
Legend
That young and he's released this far in advance of Training Camp?

No thanks.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
A guy that sits about 20 feet from me at work is a Raiders fan, as is one of my closest friends. They both hate this dude as a player - or lack thereof. I can imagine they'll both be very, very happy about the cut. No thank you in my eyes based on their opinions.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
My buddy raider fan...god there everywhere, (thier like those nasty rashs ya wake up with after a night with a few bar girls... )

Anyway He said Schweigert was too slow for the pro game, always out of position and had no recovery speed. now thats his opinon. and well he is a raider fan which puts a check mark against right off the bat...

C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Well if your buddy a Raiders fan says that he is too slow I wouldnt want him..;)

J/k

I really dont know if we have a place for him on the roster

With the New regime starting in Cleveland. It is key that the Browns draft Taylor Mays. He fits our scheme and is one of the best safeties I have seen
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
We must have the same friends - one of my buddies said the same exact thing just yesterday

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hit the nail on the head. Plus he wasn't showing the ball skills he did in college, and is a mess against the run.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
i liked him alot coming out of purdue. and our secondary needs help, id bring him into camp and see what happens

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

i liked him alot coming out of purdue. and our secondary needs help, id bring him into camp and see what happens

He would be slow and a mess against the run

Joe Thomas #73
C
All Pro
All Pro
C
If the money is right, yes we should try to bring him in. We can use the depth in the secondary (Read move him to Corner)

E
Legend
Legend
E
Great College Safety - no clue on his NFL career. Can't be too hot if he's available. But I think he had smarts and speed coming into the NFL...don't know what happened. Of course he was on the Raiders so who know?

JMHCan't hurt???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
Thats one rough looking mug shot thats for sure.
Coming from Purdue you wanna give him a shot, and especially if hes a decent hitter as a saftey or corner....but with all the shots about his speed...no thanks.

Notre Dame Hater since 1989
[Linked Image from img170.imageshack.us]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If the money is right, yes we should try to bring him in. We can use the depth in the secondary (Read move him to Corner)

Are you kidding? This guy is terrible... I'd rather have Ralph Brown.

Seriously.

Toast.

Legend
Legend
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8201398/Schweigert-joins-Redskins-after-release-from-Raiders

Schweigert joins Redskins after release from Raiders
Associated Press

Updated: June 2, 2008, 4:32 PM EST

The Washington Redskins signed free agent Stuart Schweigert on Monday, giving the team an extra option in the defensive backfield as it contemplates moving LaRon Landry from free safety to strong safety.

Schweigert is a free safety, having started 42 games in four seasons with the Oakland Raiders. He lost his starting job late last season and was released by the Raiders last month.

"It feels like a thousand-pound bear's been lifted off my chest. It's time for a fresh start," Schweigert said. "In Oakland, I felt as if my time was up there. It was a deal where I wasn't in their future. I feel like I'm in the Redskins' future."

Schweigert said he's been told that Landry is the projected starter at strong safety. Landry finished last season at free safety after the death of Sean Taylor, with Reed Doughty starting at strong safety.

Defensive coordinate Greg Blache said it was too early to say where Landry will line up.

"He could start as a free safety or a strong safety," Blache said. "Right now, there's no need to rush into that."

Landry was one of two players - along with cornerback Shawn Springs - unexpectedly absent Monday as the Redskins began another set of offseason practices. Coach Jim Zorn said he had not heard from either player. Although the practices are technically voluntary, unexcused absences do not sit well.

"They had the opportunity to be here," Zorn said. "They just didn't show."

Among the excused absentees was receiver Santana Moss, who was ill following a weekend-long, multiparty celebration of his 29th birthday.

Zorn also said that safety Vernon Fox has undergone left knee surgery for the second time this offseason. Fox had surgery in January and re-injured the knee during minicamp last month.

Fox joined receiver Antwaan Randle El, sixth-round draft pick safety Kareem Moore, linebacker Rocky McIntosh and cornerback Carlos Rogers as players unable to practice because of knee surgeries. All except Rogers expect to be ready by the start of training camp next month.

Monday was also the first Redskins appearance by defensive end Erasmus James, the former first-round draft pick acquired last week in a trade with the Minnesota Vikings. James is also recovering from a knee injury and hopes to be healthy for training camp.

"The thing that I'm told is that he's at 90 percent," Zorn said. "I don't know what that means yet, because maybe at 100 percent he's wild. That's what I'm hoping for."

James said he hopes to get back to his college weight - 255-260 pounds - after playing at 275 pounds for the Vikings.

"My experience in Minnesota hasn't been the best because of injuries," James said, "and not being able to play at the weight I wanted to play at."

To make room for Schweigert on the roster, the Redskins released linebacker Rian Wallace.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Raiders have released FS Stuart Schweigert

Link Copied to Clipboard