OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Highlighted in red below.......

Good Q&A....enjoy:

As basketball idles, James shoots breeze

Thursday, June 19, 2008
Mary Schmitt Boyer
Plain Dealer Reporter

Paul Pierce and Tiger Woods. The NBA draft and free agency. The U.S. Olympic team and the University of Akron men's basketball team.

Those were just some of the topics LeBron James touched on Wednesday in a wide ranging one-on-one interview, his first since the Cavaliers were eliminated from the NBA playoffs a month ago.

Heading into the busiest part of his summer, he took a break to sit down with The Plain Dealer.

Q: What was your reaction to Boston winning the championship?

A: I didn't watch much. I watched a little bit, not much off and on.

Q: Are you surprised Boston won?

A: Am I surprised? No, I'm not surprised. They had a very good team. They're probably one of the best defensive teams I've ever seen in my lifetime. They had all the tools that you need.

They've got a guy who can shoot the ball and make plays in Ray Allen. They've got a go-to guy in Paul Pierce. And you've got the defensive player of the year and another guy who can make things happen in Kevin Garnett. They surrounded those three guys with complementary guys. James Posey was a big part of their team. Rajon Rondo was very big for their team. P.J. Brown was definitely a big pick-up for them. Am I surprised? No. They're a very good team.

Q: Paul Pierce was The Finals MVP. He had quite a playoff run. He had to defend you. He had to defend Kobe Bryant. Most people think of his offense. Is he underrated as a defender?

A: I think so. He's very underrated. You'll be underrated when you have a few losing seasons. He's definitely showed why he has been an All-Star every year, no matter how bad their team was in the past. He's one of the best players we have in our league.

Q: Did it take you a while to recover from that Game 7 loss in the Eastern Conference semifinals in Boston?

A: I hate to lose. In that situation, we had an opportunity to win, so it was even harder. It took a few weeks to get over it.

Q: Was it harder than you thought it was going to be?

A: It was hard right after the game. I showed a lot of emotion after the game. I was able to calm down a little bit, but as I continued to think about the season being over. . . especially after how hard I worked. . . I work to play into June every year. I don't set myself to play into May or April. I want to play into June every year.

Q: Let's look ahead. What do you see in the draft?

A: We're at 19 [in the first round]. You look for the best available player, I guess. I haven't really been up on it like I should be. I think our front office will do a good job of trying to pick the best player to fit our team.

Q: What do you think they should be looking for there?

A: I don't know what we need. We're just going to have to continue to get better. At 19, you want to try and find the best player who can help us win.

Q: How about free agency? Do you think there will be movement or trades by the Cavs?

A: I haven't got a good grasp on what's going on with free agents. I think the front office knows. I just know, as an individual, we have to get better. That means guys have to come back better as individuals. That helps our team automatically. If it means personnel change, so be it. We have to get better because Boston is a very good team and Detroit is going to reload, we feel like. There are other teams we feel like are going to get better.

Q: Will you make any suggestions to the front office?

A: I think they know. If my opinion is asked for, I'll offer my opinion, because I am the guy out there playing, and I know talent, I guess you could say. But I think they know.

Q: Well, I'm asking your opinion.

A: We will get better. I believe in our front office. I think they're going to do a good job this summer.

Q: Are you looking forward to the Olympics?

A: Absolutely. We go June 26 for a couple days of training camp to get reacquainted with each other. Then we go back July 19 to get ready for the big Games.

Q: Can the U.S. get the gold medal back in basketball?

A: Yes.

Q: Is the U.S. going to get the gold medal back?

A: Absolutely.

Q: Did you watch Tiger Woods' playoff in the U.S. Open?

A: Yes.

Q: I know you're not a golfer, but as an athlete and a competitor, what did you think?

A: Amazing. Me and my friends talked about the fact that we never thought we would see another athlete get to the level that Michael Jordan did. Tiger is a couple steps behind Michael Jordan, but he's going to be the greatest athlete to ever achieve anything. The guy he was going against [Rocco Mediate], once he knew it was going to a [sudden-death] playoff, he knew he was done.

Q: Tiger was hurt, and you've had some injuries. Watching him play through his knee injury, did it give you an appreciation for how fleeting your career can be

A: You have to appreciate it. The guy is out there working as hard as he does. He loves the sport like no other. He goes out there and wins a major golf tournament with a messed-up knee. I'm not a golfer but I know how important the knee is in that sport. Teeing off, you could see the pain on his face.

Q: The University of Akron's men's basketball team is going to wear Nike/LeBron James LJ23 gear next season while the rest of the school's teams wear adidas. How'd you pull that off?

A: Coach [Keith] Dambrot is a very, very, very close friend of mine. He definitely helped me get to the level I'm at right now. So I'm showing my appreciation.

Q: Got any vacation plans?

A: Nope.

Parade in Cleveland:

Although eligible to become a free agent after the 2009-10 season, James says all he's concerned about right now is winning a championship here.

"I'm dedicated to bringing a championship to this city," James told Mark "Munch" Bishop during an appearance later Wednesday on ESPN 850 WKNR to promote the upcoming King for Kids Bike-A-Thon. "I'm bringing a parade to this city. I love this city. I love Northeast Ohio. . . . Right now I can't see myself going anywhere else."

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindea...&thispage=1

S
Legend
Legend
S
it's fluff, but it's really nice to hear...

we've been lied to before, but lebron doesn't seem like he'll just straight up lie, he's been coached enough to just change the direction of the conversation and the question

i don't think it automatically means he's staying, but it's great to hear that from him...

O
OSU Offline
All Pro
All Pro
O
Yeah after the 2009-2010 season is still some time,why would he say anything different considering it's still 2 years away. If the Cavs don't take the next step forward in the next year or so it wouldn't surprise me if he took off. The dude is awesome and we are so lucky to have him here. I do believe he does want to be in Cleveland,hell he's a local. Just needs better players around him.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Yeah I almost posted this article in the AM.

Just figured I would hold off since its gonna make all the haters come outta the woodwork, no matter what he says...

I heart winning
All Pro
All Pro
Jim Thome anyone?

[Linked Image from img.villagephotos.com]
S
Legend
Legend
S
exactly.

i've never said it was a sure thing he was staying.

i've just pointed out the facts and the reasons to why he could...

for one, he signed an extension, which means he obviously wants to be here...

i think that put away all the big market talk...

what he's doing now with coke and nike dwarf anything he could do in the local market, even in the big apple...

it's about winning... and i will tell you guys this, if this front office does not bring in that "B" guy, i think there is a good chance he leaves...

and i really wouldn't blame him...

but as it stands, the cavs are in great shape

we're a player away.

J
Legend
Legend
J
I think it's cute that you guys still believe what athletes say.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Right now I can't see myself going anywhere else."

If Ferry performs the buffoonery I think he's capable of, this could change in two years. Of course he can't see himself anywhere else "right now". He's under contract.

I'm not saying he is or isn't going anywhere but that statement gives him an "out".

[Linked Image from media.scout.com]
All Pro
All Pro
Around a month ago on WFAN New York they already started the countdown. They said its just a matter of what team it is. "The Knicks better start clearing cap room now!" But they think he'll go with his boy JZ. The guys on around noon said "Lebron is all about him being in the prime spotlight and he can't do that in Cleveland. Here in New york he'll have is face blastered everywhere in the media capital of the world."

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Around a month ago on WFAN New York they already started the countdown. They said its just a matter of what team it is. "The Knicks better start clearing cap room now!" But they think he'll go with his boy JZ. The guys on around noon said "Lebron is all about him being in the prime spotlight and he can't do that in Cleveland. Here in New york he'll have is face blastered everywhere in the media capital of the world."

That is what I have tried to tell people for a few years but they want to keep their heads buried in the sand and think it isn't so.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

That is what I have tried to tell people for a few years but they want to keep their heads buried in the sand and think it isn't so.

But Thome said he would never leave, & Manny said he would never leave, what makes ya think Labron will

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Quote:

But Thome said he would never leave, & Manny said he would never leave, what makes ya think Labron will

The only difference that I see, off hand, is that LBJ is from this area. Born and raised. So he'll have some additional attachment here, as opposed to just playing here (like Thome and Manny).

For now, I'll just be thrilled that he's here and cheer for him to bring that championship here, while he's here and leave the speculation to the talking heads on the radio.

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

For now, I'll just be thrilled that he's here and cheer for him to bring that championship here, while he's here and leave the speculation to the talking heads on the radio.

Exactly.

Eat it Phil...
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The only difference that I see, off hand, is that LBJ is from this area. Born and raised. So he'll have some additional attachment here, as opposed to just playing here (like Thome and Manny).

And to add to that, he's seen how we treated Art Modell and his family, does he honestly think for one second we'd treat him any differently?

Hell, we'd treat him worse. Imagine not being allowed to return to your home city because you fear for your and your family's lives.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

you've always acted like it was a sure thing, and really, it's far from it...

and i'll ask again, why did he sign an extension if he already has his sights set on new york?

and lolz at all the jay z talk... jay z is a minority owner, lebron isn't going to run to a team because his buddy has a small piece of a team...

from what brian windhorst has said, he thinks that the knicks and nets both won't be in as good of shape as they make it out to be, do you honestly think lebron wants to go through another rebuilding phase?

and everyone can bring up manny and thome, but folks, that is major league baseball, there are no limits in baseball

in the nba, it's a little more fair, when free agency arrives for lebron, the cavs will be the only team allowed to offer him top dollar... 6 years, 150 million is right around where they can go, nobody can match that.

and that's why i say it is going to come down to winning, and whether or not this organization can use their assets to bring in another star player, because it is not often that a team can win with just one guy, even as good as lebron...

but i just laugh at all those that think it's a foregone conclusion.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
It's far from a forgone conclusion that LBJ with leave for NY/NJ and I agree with you that he'll be where he has the best chance to win.

If Ferry drops the ball, doesn't get "Robin" in here and LBJ walks, nobody can blame him (Lebron). Lebron will have had SEVEN years to try to win a championship with mediocre talent. If it does happen that Lebron leaves, unless it's under shady circumstances, I hope that fans don't label him the next Carlos Boozer, Art Modell or LeCharles Bentley. He will have given the city his all.

[Linked Image from media.scout.com]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

And now you're right, because some radio host in New York says he's coming?

Like our own LBJ said ... if he really wanted out, why did he sign an extention?

I heard an interview with someone who knows Lebron pretty well (I forgot who) ... he said basically what many of us have been saying for years ... if Cleveland keeps providing the talent around him, he's staying. He said that LeBron realizes the legacy of guys like Jordan, Bird and Magic were made stronger because they stayed with the same team their whole career, and as long as Cleveland provides him the opportunity to win, he's not going to risk soiling his legacy just to be in a different market. It only happens if Cleveland ruins their roster, and he has a better chance to win elsewhere.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

jay z is a minority owner, lebron isn't going to run to a team because his buddy has a small piece of a team...

Maybe his boy and him think they can get a bigger share of the team.

I think James has said he wants to be the first billionaire athlete.

By most standards, James will hit his prime years in another 2-3 years...I doubt they will be in a Cavs uniform.

I don't know all the details of the NBA cap and such, but I wonder if it is possible to sell a portion of a team and it has no bearing on the cap? A owner can sell shares dimes on the dollar if he is so inclined. Why not to a player.

As you said...James makes this franchise more valuable. A owner of another could give half his team away and still come out better depending on the worth of his team.

I don't want to end up with a peanut bag of shells and maybe a few goobers at the bottom.

I would seek offers now.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
How you seem so sure of that I have no idea. You think the browns will suck too don't you?
Also Jay Z as his "boy"????? I don' think your are racist Peen, but that is offensive.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

you've always acted like it was a sure thing, and really, it's far from it...

and i'll ask again, why did he sign an extension if he already has his sights set on new york?

and lolz at all the jay z talk... jay z is a minority owner, lebron isn't going to run to a team because his buddy has a small piece of a team...

from what brian windhorst has said, he thinks that the knicks and nets both won't be in as good of shape as they make it out to be, do you honestly think lebron wants to go through another rebuilding phase?

and everyone can bring up manny and thome, but folks, that is major league baseball, there are no limits in baseball

in the nba, it's a little more fair, when free agency arrives for lebron, the cavs will be the only team allowed to offer him top dollar... 6 years, 150 million is right around where they can go, nobody can match that.

and that's why i say it is going to come down to winning, and whether or not this organization can use their assets to bring in another star player, because it is not often that a team can win with just one guy, even as good as lebron...

but i just laugh at all those that think it's a foregone conclusion.

Lebron, this is why there is no point to these threads, because you have to spell it out for these people...

God forbid LB and JZ are close. God forbid he goes out and says he wants to be a big businessman. A lot of people who don't follow the NBA closely have no idea how tight a lot of these guys are (NBA stars and celebs). Just cause they are buddies off the floor, it really doesn't mean too much these days.

I was actually showing this thread to a guy I work with up here in Minnesota, and even he found it comical.

I heart winning
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

jay z is a minority owner, lebron isn't going to run to a team because his buddy has a small piece of a team...

Maybe his boy and him think they can get a bigger share of the team.

I think James has said he wants to be the first billionaire athlete.

By most standards, James will hit his prime years in another 2-3 years...I doubt they will be in a Cavs uniform.

I don't know all the details of the NBA cap and such, but I wonder if it is possible to sell a portion of a team and it has no bearing on the cap? A owner can sell shares dimes on the dollar if he is so inclined. Why not to a player.

As you said...James makes this franchise more valuable. A owner of another could give half his team away and still come out better depending on the worth of his team.

I don't want to end up with a peanut bag of shells and maybe a few goobers at the bottom.

I would seek offers now.

what makes you think nets management will give lebron, or even jay z a piece of that team?

the bulls screwed jordan, so anything is possible.

lebron wanting to be a billionaire will only happen after he's done with basketball...

playing in new york won't do a whole lot more... his commercials are seen all over the world so local commercials in new york aren't all you're cracking them up to be...

lebron's image is built around him winning in the postseason, and there is no guarantee that the nets, or the knicks are going to be championship caliber...

lebron will put himself in the best place possible in terms of championship rings...

i also don't believe in the whole hometown discount thing, however i think he does want to be the guy that ends cleveland's championship drought... i think you can tell in some of the things he's said over the years, that he wants to be the hero that ends it...

but to think he's already gone is hilarious

i mean, you said it yourself, your knowledge of the nba is very small...

so maybe you shouldn't make so many assumptions...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This is getting to be ridiculous.

He's leaving, he's staying...

Only time will tell.

The one thing that makes me think he'll stay (granted we don't go back to being a doormat)...Akron's a 45 minute drive from Cleveland.

Let's have this conversation in 2 years!

"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

How you seem so sure of that I have no idea. You think the browns will suck too don't you?
Also Jay Z as his "boy"????? I don' think your are racist Peen, but that is offensive.

LOL.....give me a break.

First, if you have read any of the board you would know my position on the Browns.

Second, the reference to boy has nothing to do with racism....get a life.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Only time will tell.

The one thing that makes me think he'll stay (granted we don't go back to being a doormat)...Akron's a 45 minute drive from Cleveland.

like i said, i have never once said he's staying, i'm just pointing out some of the facts to people that think he's already gone...

i mean, it is cleveland, so it's possible he does leave...

yeah, akron is 45 minutes from cleveland, and lebron takes a ton of pride in being from akron, as well as being from ohio...

and you're absolutely right, his free agency doesn't come up until 2 years from now, that's a long time from now...

a lot of things can happen between now and then...

but we should all be thankful that this organization set themselves up to get much better over the next 2 years...

imagine if we had signed hughes, marshall, or any of those guys that never panned out, last year, and didn't even have the chance to add anybody else? for once, everything worked out in cleveland's favor...

everyone has banged on danny ferry for not making moves over the past... he somehow pulls a rabbit out of his hat last february (still wondering about how that all went down) and now he will be the most popular gm at the deadline next season...

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

what makes you think nets management will give lebron, or even jay z a piece of that team?

First, all of what I said is simply speculation....but add it up.

No...they won't give it away. They will have to buy in no doubt. But as was said by someone else, the addition of LBJ increases a teams value and as you said, anything is possible, so why not LBJ being a player/owner??

Quote:

playing in new york won't do a whole lot more... his commercials are seen all over the world so local commercials in new york aren't all you're cracking them up to be...

I am sorry my man, but you are simply wrong. There is a big difference in him playing in a major market v Cleveland. I think in the past you compared the situation with Tiger, but that is a entirely different situation. Tiger is more or less a independent contractor. He doesn't have a team...or it is simply team Tiger. The PGA tour provides a platform for the best golfers to compete. The name Tiger isn't tied with a particular team or city as it is with other sports.

Willie Mays is a Giant. Babe Ruth a Yankee. Gordie Howe a Red Wing, Jabbar a Laker. All played for other teams, but their identity is tied to those teams and cities forever,

Being in NY does have advantages from a business standpoint and would go a long way towards LBJ attaining his goal of being a billionaire..

Quote:

lebron will put himself in the best place possible in terms of championship rings...

I do agree with that, and that is one thing we have in our favor(I hope)

I do disagree with the image part. As you said, his image is all over the place. It is his legacy he is concerned with. Maybe not much of a difference, but a difference none the less.

Quote:

i also don't believe in the whole hometown discount thing, however i think he does want to be the guy that ends cleveland's championship drought... i think you can tell in some of the things he's said over the years, that he wants to be the hero that ends it...

I don't disagree with that. I think he does want to bring a championship to Cleveland and I don't think being from Akron plays anywhere near as big a role as some on where he will play.

I think he is glad he is in Cleveland, but I don't think that hometown pull will prevent him from leaving.

Quote:

There is a chance he sticks, I just don't think it is as great as it is of him leaving.

And I never said I don't know much about the NBA or basketball. I was probably watching and following the game before you were born. I said I don't follow it much anymore...meaning I don't really know who plays for who or who is all that good past the top players.....simply because I don't like the way the NBA has turned the past 15 years or so and just don't watch much anymore. I think Stern has run the league into the ground...among other things.

That has nothing to do with not knowing much about the league or game....so let's just dispel that notion....ok??

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Ndu....take a look at this.

It is something I just ran across....look at the list.

I know this has nothing to do with you, but come on...Oscar Robertson and Jerry West almost at the bottom??

That is a joke, so maybe some know more about the game then some think and some a little less. No??

http://www.nba-allstars.com/vote.php?nba=chamberlain

I voted Wilt by the way.

Dirk Nowitski the 5th best player ever?? LMAO

Bob Pettit and Elgin Baylor were WAY better then that guy. Cousey buried at the bottom??? LOL

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Havlicek not on the list at all???

No Pistol Pete either????

I quit watching the NBA years ago.....it stinks. They don't play defense until the playoffs get close and most of them walk, carry the ball, and the fouls are atrocious.

They don't play the game as it was intended to be played.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Well said....all a part of what I meant when I said "among other things" in my previous posting.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

First, all of what I said is simply speculation....but add it up.

No...they won't give it away. They will have to buy in no doubt. But as was said by someone else, the addition of LBJ increases a teams value and as you said, anything is possible, so why not LBJ being a player/owner??

Quote:

I am sorry my man, but you are simply wrong. There is a big difference in him playing in a major market v Cleveland. I think in the past you compared the situation with Tiger, but that is a entirely different situation. Tiger is more or less a independent contractor. He doesn't have a team...or it is simply team Tiger. The PGA tour provides a platform for the best golfers to compete. The name Tiger isn't tied with a particular team or city as it is with other sports.

Willie Mays is a Giant. Babe Ruth a Yankee. Gordie Howe a Red Wing, Jabbar a Laker. All played for other teams, but their identity is tied to those teams and cities forever,

Being in NY does have advantages from a business standpoint and would go a long way towards LBJ attaining his goal of being a billionaire..

Quote:

I do agree with that, and that is one thing we have in our favor(I hope)

I do disagree with the image part. As you said, his image is all over the place. It is his legacy he is concerned with. Maybe not much of a difference, but a difference none the less.

Quote:

I don't disagree with that. I think he does want to bring a championship to Cleveland and I don't think being from Akron plays anywhere near as big a role as some on where he will play.

I think he is glad he is in Cleveland, but I don't think that hometown pull will prevent him from leaving.

Quote:

There is a chance he sticks, I just don't think it is as great as it is of him leaving.

And I never said I don't know much about the NBA or basketball. I was probably watching and following the game before you were born. I said I don't follow it much anymore...meaning I don't really know who plays for who or who is all that good past the top players.....simply because I don't like the way the NBA has turned the past 15 years or so and just don't watch much anymore. I think Stern has run the league into the ground...among other things.

That has nothing to do with not knowing much about the league or game....so let's just dispel that notion....ok??

yes it does.

i don't think you are educated enough on how the league is structured today...

you may not like it, but it is far from run into the ground, and the ratings back that up.

unlike major league baseball, it is fair for all cities involved, big and small...

the rookie contract structure, the salary cap, and smaller things like Bird rights, all dwarf what major league baseball is about, and even some of the things the nfl does (see rookie contract structure0

and again, i'll stand by my thought that lebron put away all this talk of market size being his top need when he went and extended his contract with the cavaliers...

sure, if the cavs situation goes wrong, i bet a bigger market is probably somewhere he'd look...

but to think he would leave the cavs simply because he can make a few extra bucks doing local commercials (even though he'd be passing up a huge chunk from the cavs contract)

and considering he's already doing commercials that are shown all over the country, and all over the world, and his products are already being sold in new york, why would he even need to play there?

the cavs are closer to a championship than some think... they are one player away, and if they get that player, there is no way lebron bolts town...

so no, i am sorry, but you are simply wrong.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

In your opinion....

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

In your opinion....

lololololol

B
Legend
Legend
B
You just don't understand the avenues that would open.

Anyway...I will leave it at that. We are just going to disagree.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
oh, no. i understand them

i just don't think they are his top priority...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

LOL.....give me a break.

First, if you have read any of the board you would know my position on the Browns.

Second, the reference to boy has nothing to do with racism....get a life.

As the resident race expert...I have NO idea where that came from!!!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Only time will tell.

like i said, i have never once said he's staying, i'm just pointing out some of the facts to people that think he's already gone...

i mean, it is cleveland, so it's possible he does leave...

yeah, akron is 45 minutes from cleveland, and lebron takes a ton of pride in being from akron, as well as being from ohio...

and you're absolutely right, his free agency doesn't come up until 2 years from now, that's a long time from now...

a lot of things can happen between now and then...

but we should all be thankful that this organization set themselves up to get much better over the next 2 years...

imagine if we had signed hughes, marshall, or any of those guys that never panned out, last year, and didn't even have the chance to add anybody else? for once, everything worked out in cleveland's favor...

everyone has banged on danny ferry for not making moves over the past... he somehow pulls a rabbit out of his hat last february (still wondering about how that all went down) and now he will be the most popular gm at the deadline next season...

I wasn't taking a shot at you...just responding in general.

I actually agree with you. I enjoy your takes on basketball, you seem to be really up on your game...pun intended!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Ndu....take a look at this.

It is something I just ran across....look at the list.

I know this has nothing to do with you, but come on...Oscar Robertson and Jerry West almost at the bottom??

That is a joke, so maybe some know more about the game then some think and some a little less. No??

http://www.nba-allstars.com/vote.php?nba=chamberlain

I voted Wilt by the way.

Dirk Nowitski the 5th best player ever?? LMAO

Bob Pettit and Elgin Baylor were WAY better then that guy. Cousey buried at the bottom??? LOL

That list is pretty ridiculous.

But favorite player depends on who you grew up watching. I respect the older players because they paved the way, but I've never seen them play. The big O probably should be the best ever, but not many saw him play.

Truthfully, I stopped reading when I saw Nowitski ahead of "Magic"...who is MY favorite player. A man who can START at all 5 spots...that's a man you build a franchise around.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Havlicek not on the list at all???

No Pistol Pete either????

I quit watching the NBA years ago.....it stinks. They don't play defense until the playoffs get close and most of them walk, carry the ball, and the fouls are atrocious.

They don't play the game as it was intended to be played.

I agree and now we find out its all fixed. Basketball is worse than wrestling.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

And to add to that, he's seen how we treated Art Modell and his family, does he honestly think for one second we'd treat him any differently?

Hell, we'd treat him worse. Imagine not being allowed to return to your home city because you fear for your and your family's lives.

I didn't catch this comical comment the first time I read this thread......

LBJ would not be treated anything like Art Modell if he were to jump ship; the two situations are so entirely different.....how in the world could you even type something like that and believe it????

Sensationalize much?

S
Legend
Legend
S
yeah, there's no way people would treat lebron, or his family, to anything even close to how people receive art modell back then, and even still now...

manny was my favorite indian from those 90's teams, and when he left i was dissapointed, but honestly, we all saw it coming, i went to his first game back to jacobs field, and booed him the first time he came to the plate, after that i didn't boo him anymore...

i kind of wish people would do the same with thome, let it go

i wouldn't boo lebron once if he left for another team... i think he's done wonders for the cavs and for cavs fans

even carlos boozer, i wouldn't boo him, i just don't see the point, i think it would be a bigger slap to the face to not do anything at all

i think the only guy i would boo until i or he died was jose mesa, not only did he blow the world series, but he also couldn't handle the truth when omar let the world know...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

even carlos boozer, i wouldn't boo him, i just don't see the point, i think it would be a bigger slap to the face to not do anything at all

Agreed, if you could get everyone on the same page.

Quote:

i think the only guy i would boo until i or he died was jose mesa

Don't go holding a grudge now....

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum For all the conspiracy theorists, LeBron ain't going anywhere! Q&A with LBJ

Link Copied to Clipboard