Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Legend
Legend
S
i got hooked up with bad company yesterday, pretty fun game...

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Quote:

Quote:

Did you happen to read your second article? I believe it actually disputes your claim of 30%.

My point was I wasn't just making stuff up, I had actually read it before

What are you talking about? First you said "Ur article was on a sample amount in the hundreds it says, not overall bought."

My article was actually based on a study.. done by the company that actually fulfills warranties... that was based on over 1000 warranties. AND the story mentions that chances are even THAT number is skewed high.

Your first article isn't even based on a study at all. It's a blurb and a link to an Australian web site that said over 100 Australians contacted them about problems with Xboxes. So they called a couple local gamestop-type stores who spouted off some numbers. (And we already know that sometimes game store employees can quote incorrect numbers ) Of course people w/ problems are going to be more vocal than those who don't. That's a given.

Your second link is an article who is using the same Squaretrade report as mine to CONFIRM the 16% number. But for some reason, you still put the "30%" number next to it.

It sure didn't seem like you were just trying to show WHY you were using your (incorrect) number. I understand why you may have quoted it in the past.. because that's what you had read. It seemed more like you were still trying to convince us that the number was 30%. And it's clearly not! I'm not going to say there aren't higher than average numbers, or that they haven't been a problem. But they haven't been 30%. The numbers show that. So I would hope (especially as a salesperson of that system) that you wouldn't keep propagating that figure. Obviously, to millions of people, any problems have been well worth it because of the great number of games they're able to buy.

What's more, hardware isn't what makes money in this business anyway! It's software. And the Software to Hardware tie-in ratio for the 360 has been considerably higher. So not only are there more 360s than PS3s out there... people buy more games for them as well..

If you want to talk about a quality library, the PS3 isn't catching up any time soon... they may have a few good exclusives coming up, but so does the 360. And the new games don't erase the list of great old games. Especially for those who are just now buying the system. Those "old" games might as well be new releases to them!

Take gamerankings.com, for instance. The 360 already has 90 games w/ an average score of over 80%, vs the PS3's 45. If you drop the target score down to 70%, there you've got 193 games to choose from vs 79 for the PS3. The PS3 simply doesn't have enough in the pipe right now to even the playing-field as far as library goes..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well no kidding. It had a year head start.

The lineup for the next year is looking to be highly in favor of the PS3 IMO. The libraries right now are no contest. The 360 has a bigger and better library. They've had much more time to put out games.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

The lineup for the next year is looking to be highly in favor of the PS3 IMO.

Sounds like a Tribe fan, "wait till next year"

Eat it Phil...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tribe fan? No, more like a Browns fan.

But seriously, look at the games the PS3 has coming out. I think it's a no-contest.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Both systems have a lot of good games on the horizon.

By most people's opinions...360 had a better showing at E3. We'll see just how much that actually matters, but to say PS3 has the better games coming out is a no-contest...

I plan to get a PS3 at some point, and I'll have all three systems.

After the novelty of the Wii wore off..I barely play it. It's hard playing regular games with that damn remote and nunchuk.

"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

But seriously, look at the games the PS3 has coming out. I think it's a no-contest.

PS3 has a brighter future at this point, I'm afraid to say anything though because 360 fans will attack me!

[Linked Image from i4.photobucket.com]

PRO-BOWLER!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No need to attack...although this thread has been hijack by you PS3 fanboys!

I fail to see, however, why you think the PS3 has a "brighter" future than 360. They're both on even tracks at this point. Most third-party games are multi-platform. Both systems have blockbuster exclusives. So, why is PS3's future brighter?

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

PS3 has a brighter future at this point, I'm afraid to say anything though because 360 fans will attack me!

oh come on, the ps3 kids are just as bad, if not worse...

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

After the novelty of the Wii wore off..I barely play it. It's hard playing regular games with that damn remote and nunchuk.

i never bought into the whole wii thing... looks kinda fun, i dont understand the craze of treating it like it were a cure for cancer... someone posted a note on our bulletin board at working trying to sell a used one for almost 400 bucks. please.

i need my sticks, ill take the ps3 or the 360 over the wii ten times out of ten, and this is coming from someone who was raised by mario and luigi.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And, I'll take my Wii over your systems any day of the week. If I want to play with old school controllers, I'll drag out my Gamecube.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

No need to attack...although this thread has been hijack by you PS3 fanboys!

I fail to see, however, why you think the PS3 has a "brighter" future than 360. They're both on even tracks at this point. Most third-party games are multi-platform. Both systems have blockbuster exclusives. So, why is PS3's future brighter?

Im not a PS3 fanboy I just bought a 360 first off!!!

Secondly, I think the PS3 has more exclusives and better overall quality but thats all opinion based.

I like the lineup of Socom, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, FF13 versus, God of war 3, Little Big Planet, White Knight Story etc. and the possibility of a ff7 remake/sequel on the PS3.

Both systems have good titles coming out I just like PS3's exclusives a bit more.

PRO-BOWLER!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I'm not a PS3 fanboy I just bought a 360 first off!!!

I was just messin with ya man

Quote:

Secondly, I think the PS3 has more exclusives and better overall quality but thats all opinion based.

Key word...OPINION!

Quote:

Both systems have good titles coming out I just like PS3's exclusives a bit more.

You could've just said that!

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

And, I'll take my Wii over your systems any day of the week. If I want to play with old school controllers, I'll drag out my Gamecube.

you go play with your wii then

oh, that sounds so dirty

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

i never bought into the whole wii thing...

whoaa this thread is going all over the place,,,,, but

I agree, take wii games.

Tennis, if Im want to swing a stick back and forth, Im gonna find a tennis court and play "real tennis" Its just to much work for me, for a video game.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Both systems have a lot of good games on the horizon.

By most people's opinions...360 had a better showing at E3. We'll see just how much that actually matters, but to say PS3 has the better games coming out is a no-contest...

I plan to get a PS3 at some point, and I'll have all three systems.

Who are "most people?"

The only "people" that I heard say they thought Microsoft won E3 were on G4.

IGN said Sony had a better lineup.

Dawgpound017 thought Sony won it as well (doesn't that count the most? )

AOL said it as well.

And this little quote I picked up today on Gamedaily.com :

"After hearing all these announcements, it's clear that Sony has the best lineup. Little Big Planet offers gobs of family fun, MotorStorm is easily one of the year's hottest racers and Resistance 2 looks epic. Sorry Microsoft and Nintendo, but you blew your chance to upstage PlayStation. Indeed, 2008 is the year of PS3."

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
I still think Sony has the biggest lineup and did a great job but Microsoft had the biggest announcement by stealing an exclusive.

If Halo had been announced at E3 they would have probably won in most peoples books, but they didnt announce it.

PRO-BOWLER!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming XBoX 360 Problem

Link Copied to Clipboard