Next Thread
Print Thread
#300853 08/15/08 02:03 PM
J
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
J
This has been bothering me for a long time.

The NFL is a multi-billion dollar operation with its own channel and a website that looks as if it's streamlined for the most in depth and up to date coverage around the league.

But the Network would rather show Cheerleading reality shows and constant repeats of total Access rather than prioritize showing old games, even if if its just for a three hr block during the day. Probably a coverage/copyright sticking point in there.

But for nearly every video on the website to casue an error that boots you off your browser connection is unforgivable. And that literally is nearly every video. If you hit a play button. you'll get booted nearly half the time.

I'm not sure the logistics of servers, etc. PPE maybe you can shed some light. Heck, maybe it's my media player/computer. I'd just like to know if it happens to anyone else and drives them as batty as it does me.

T_

Joe Haus #300854 08/15/08 02:30 PM
U
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
U
I have almost the same problem with their video's. I dont get booted but sometimes when I go to play the video everything disappears and the video doesnt play.

Joe Haus #300855 08/15/08 03:03 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They always work fine for me. Mac/Safari... maybe that has something to do with it though. :shrug:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Joe Haus #300856 08/15/08 03:08 PM
F
Legend
Legend
F
I've had problems with NFL videos for years, they have always been hit or miss with me.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
FloridaFan #300857 08/15/08 03:23 PM
Legend
Legend
My biggest problem with NFL.com videos in the past has been that they almost all show the Browns losing.

yebat' Putin
DCDAWGFAN #300858 08/15/08 06:25 PM
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
I have a problem with the programming on the channel. Like you said those cheerleader things are just dumb (not the cheerleaders of course ) I mean we have training camp going on............show that. I'd watch it religiously. Or any practise that is open to the public. Show a half hour/per team. Every three hours show total access. Every 5th hour show an old game. Repeat.

Dang they should pay me!

Joe Haus #300859 08/16/08 03:20 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The only problem I've had with NFL.com vids is that some no longer work and I just assumed that they pulled the content. Better resolution would be nice, but considering that they include both NFLN and "radio call" highlights for each team after each game and maintain an archive, it is understandable why they package their flash vids in small files.

My only problem is that they took the live radio broadcast that we used to be able to get from clevelandbrowns.com and wrapped it up in a subscription package, but then again it is their product.

On the other hand, they have nice images from each game that are downloadable (at least at this point). Considering all the content included at their site (stats, vids, pics, archived info) I have found it very easy and sensible to navigate.

Finally, I must thank the NFL for the content. I leached both the images and radio calls last year and used it in the video recaps that I did.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Nfl.com Rant

Link Copied to Clipboard