Page 1 of 2 1 2
Fletch Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

Rapper Dr. Dre's Son Dead at 20
by Christine Pelisek
August 25, 2008 5:09 PM

The Los Angeles County Coroner reported today that the son of hip hop record producer and rapper Dr. Dre has died. Andre Young Jr. was found dead at his home in Woodland Hills on Saturday morning.

Young was out the previous night and returned home around 5:30 A.M., according to Assistant Chief Ed Winter. His mother went to check on him in his bedroom around 10 A.M., found him unresponsive, and called 911. He was 20 years of age.

The cause of death is pending completion of a toxicology report.

Andre Young Sr., better known as Dr. Dre, shot to fame with the influential gangsta rap group N.W.A. He later became an artist and co-owner of Death Row Records. In 1993, he won a Grammy Award for the single "Let Me Ride." As a producer, Dre was credited with popularizing West Coast G-funk.

Dr. Dre is currently the founder and CEO of Aftermath Entertainment.
Tags: andre young, Death Row Records, dr. dre, hip hop, NWA, West coast G-fun

J
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J
Thoughts and prayers go out to Dr. Dre and his family. Losing a child is never a good thing and despite the undertone of the OP its ALWAYS shocking when a 20 yr old dies. Rapper's son, Doctor's son, Teacher's son etc....

[Linked Image from i3.photobucket.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I saw this. RIP.

Man, now Detox will probably be delayed even longer than it already has.........

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Legend
Legend
I'm sure you can wait a few more days while the man mourns the loss of a family member...

"too many notes, not enough music-"
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'm going to hazard a guess, and say that it was some kind of drug overdose. Most likely alcohol and opiates, or some kind of prescription meds.

Sad when young folks have trouble establishing limits on their partying.

RIP.

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm sure I can, too.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'm going to hazard a guess, and say that it was some kind of drug overdose. Most likely alcohol and opiates, or some kind of prescription meds.

I'm 23 and I feel like we're probably at least close in age. I totally thought the same thing and agree. Drug overdose, probably prescription meds with alcohol involved too. Ruins lives and even can lead to death. Kid probably passed out in his bed messed up and never woke up. These PK's ruin lives and sometimes they're deadly. i'm witness to it myself.....my best buddy is going to jail for dealing them

Dre is one of the best rap producers and even rappers ever. I've been waiting for his new album for a long time. I guess I'll just continue to wait

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
I don't care who you are or what you do for a living, it's tough to lose a child, especially that young. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family...

yebat' Putin
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is kind of a douchey title. He wasn't a gang banger, he didn't get shot in a drive by over a gang related fued. In fact, the title kind of angers me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No doubt, the title is tacky. Condolences to the family.

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
Quote:

This is kind of a douchey title. He wasn't a gang banger, he didn't get shot in a drive by over a gang related fued. In fact, the title kind of angers me.

At least until we find out how he died... and even if it was drugs, are rappers the only people with 20 year old sons that do drugs?

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

In fact, the title kind of angers me.

seriously.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Guys like Fletch and Ralphie are noted for their tactful titles and responses.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
To be honest, I haven't always been the pilar of tactfulness, but c'mon.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Dude, it's Fletch.

you had a good run Hank.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Absolutely not, when I was 20....whhhhhheeeewwww I won't even go there.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Fletch is always does stuff like this. I'm surprised that you are surprised by this.

F
Legend
Legend
F
He's just trying to get a rise out of people.

Seems to be working.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He hates his life, its pretty obvious.

Eat it Phil...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

At least until we find out how he died... and even if it was drugs, are rappers the only people with 20 year old sons that do drugs?

Nope, Tony Dungy's son, Anna Nichole's son (and herself) come to mind.

Fletch, just from the posts I've seen you start and the statements you make in them, you come off as a racist guy. I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying you come off as one.

Dr. Dre's son dying from a (possible) drug overdose is not because Dr. Dre is a rapper. There are plenty of rich kids that have gotten them selves in trouble with drugs and their parents profession had nothing to do with it.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

He hates his life, its pretty obvious.

I think Fletch is a bright ray of sunshine in what is otherwise a dark dungeon of a world

Keep it going strong Fletch, you are the man and get my vote for Dawg Talk poster of the year.

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
G
All Pro
All Pro
G
Wow..very sad. May he RIP.

I'm not a huge rap fan, but I do like a lot of Dre's stuff. It's different from a lot of what's out there. Very talented guy.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Figured this should go here.

It has no bearing on Dre's kid dying.

Read the article, though, I had no clue "suge" had this kind of record - most of it's at the end.

I guess he's "keeping it real"., huh?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080828/ap_on_en_mu/people_suge_knight

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ohh yeah. he has been nothing but bad news since back when "The Chronic" lit up the charts. He is nothing but a POS who used intimidation and violence to run his business.

In that picture he kinda looks like Uncle Phil on The Fresh Prince

Our honor defend, we will fight to the end, for OHIO! GO BUCKS!
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Plus he held Vanilla Ice off a balcony by his feet.

#gmstrong
Fletch Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Just clicking.

Damn look at the hypocrites in this thread. Not ONCE did I say or do anything wrong but allot of you "perfect" people love to throw stones at people when you have no clue about that said person. Get a life and a grip people sure your so politically correct on message boards but am sure you change in the other different forms of communication, most likely this happens when around freinds.

I posted an article and though my title does not suite some of you that makes me a racist? LMAO For a bunch of people who act like they are above the norm, you guys love to act so politically correct you make yourselves look dumb.

If I am a racist then Crazyotto is a respected contributor to this board (not) tyler derden is responsible (not) Ammo is a stud (not) I am a racist (not), and last but not least you others act like perfect angels, and that is a joke.

No where did I make a racist comment I posted an article and you the jokers who think they are the supreme court of this board held trial an made convictions based on no evidence is expected, and that is expected. You people overreact and that sucks because there is more to life then this thread.

Those who think they know "Fletch" and state they do look just as foolish as Beerdowner dressing up in green and thinking he's cool. Fact is it is the internet and if you want to read into things posted get a life for crying out loud. I can't believe the responses in this thread since I did feel bad about the kid at first but now that I have been labeled, I have no remorse since the morons who questioned my motives already dictated my so called thoughts, and since the know it alls (LMMFAO) labeled me they must be right!.

What a joke you people made someones death out to be, sad because of a title the hate you spread. Grow up people, I did not say one wrong word, but damn get over it, but most of you won't and will continue to speak out of your asses and call me a racist. Please haters get a life!!!

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
You are the one who cheapened death here. You put it clear as day in your title.

"A Rapper's son is dead. Shocking"

Why is that shocking? Rappers have problems with their lives, and they live a different life style. Some rappers are more idiotic than others, but the mass generalization you made was insensitive and moronic. Dre was one that actually was a responsible rapper, one who tried to get out of the lifestyle, and his son died.

Grow up Fletch.

Edit: BTW, don't bother responding, because you're going on Ignore. I hope nothing for the best for you Fletch.

Last edited by Thebigbaddawg; 08/28/08 11:34 PM.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
I see where MacKenzie Phillips was arrested (again) the other day at an airport trying to get drugs on the plane... must be the bad influence of that darn Mamas and Papas music in her life...

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Damn look at the hypocrites in this thread. Not ONCE did I say or do anything wrong but allot of you "perfect" people love to throw stones at people

i stopped there, good grief

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Bet she got busted on a Monday .

F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

sad because of a title the hate you spread.

Dude, you had a Yoda moment.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Why is that shocking? Rappers have problems with their lives, and they live a different life style. Some rappers are more idiotic than others, but the mass generalization you made was insensitive and moronic.

In case you missed it, the "shocking" part is pure satire. Just an FYI for ya.

Let's see...................rappers aren't more prone for this kind of thing?
Of course they are.

And since when did "thugdom" start being considered "a different life style"?

Reality bites but it is what it is.

You see this kind of thing VERY often around here! People "trying" to condone, excuse or just simply rationalise that this is an "expected thing" far more than in any other profession or genre of music.

Face the facts and quit trying to shoot the messenger!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Quote:

Why is that shocking? Rappers have problems with their lives, and they live a different life style. Some rappers are more idiotic than others, but the mass generalization you made was insensitive and moronic.

Of course they are.

You see this kind of thing VERY often around here! People "trying" to condone, excuse or just simply rationalise that this is an "expected thing" far more than in any other profession or genre of music.

Do we know his son was a rapper? I don't think he was, but still, why does it matter that a rapper's SON is dead.

Many rappers, when young, lived a "thug" lifestyle, but managed to pull themselves out of that.

And yes, I know "shocking" was satire. I don't care though, because he might as well have said "He deserves it."

you had a good run Hank.
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Quote:

Of course they are.

I see more sons of NFL coaches getting in trouble then sons of rappers. When Tony Dungys (he is weel known for his Christain beliefs) sons died, did anyone post a topic " Son of NFL coach dead SHOCKING

What about Andy Reid taking off for a couple on months because both of his sons, on seperate incidents, were arrested with multiple drugs in their pockets. One of them threating to kill someone whom they wrecked into.

Not to mention how many coachs sons have broke the law, only ot get in sweeped under the carpet when a cop or sargent is a fan of the team and gets an autograph team ball.

So are coaches and rappers in the same catagory when it comes to parenting? It is what it is RIGHT?

I had a friend that died recently. His dad had an office job in a factory. His cousin died, his dad worked blue collar in a factory. Should we now start threads every time a factory worker son dies? SHOCKING!!!!!!!

Did anyone see Snoops reality show. His kids are more spoiled and pampered then anyone I grew up with. Snoop sings about "bitches n hoes" but he has the same wife since his children were born. He sang about "indo n gin n juice" but I bet we dont see his kids in AA with Ozzys kids. He sang about gang violence but I bet his kids go to college and not con college for sniping someone because they lived on the wrong coast. Rap is all about selling a fake image. Its entertainment. Alot of these rappers, when they make it rich, live in white neiborhoods, their kids are going to private schools that alot of people on here couldnt afford to send their kids or parents couldnt afford to send them, and are playing golf on courses that cost as much as one of us would pay to take our family to a Browns game.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Quote:

Do we know his son was a rapper? I don't think he was, but still, why does it matter that a rapper's SON is dead.

Many rappers, when young, lived a "thug" lifestyle, but managed to pull themselves out of that.

Don't forget, some of the same posters believed that Sean Taylor deserved to die because of his "thuggish" background... There's no point to even respond to that kind of ignorance, just ignore them.

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
2nd String
2nd String

Quote:

Did anyone see Snoops reality show. His kids are more spoiled and pampered then anyone I grew up with. Snoop sings about "bitches n hoes" but he has the same wife since his children were born. He sang about "indo n gin n juice" but I bet we dont see his kids in AA with Ozzys kids. He sang about gang violence but I bet his kids go to college and not con college for sniping someone because they lived on the wrong coast. Rap is all about selling a fake image. Its entertainment. Alot of these rappers, when they make it rich, live in white neiborhoods, their kids are going to private schools that alot of people on here couldnt afford to send their kids or parents couldnt afford to send them, and are playing golf on courses that cost as much as one of us would pay to take our family to a Browns game.

I understand what you are trying to say, but I have to correct you a little bit. Not all Hip Hop is a fake image per se. There are PLENTY of good Hip Hop artists out there that do not portray a fake image of thuggery. It's the major labels that push the image that you speak. Artists like Common, Lupe Fiasco, Grandmaster Flash And The Furious Five, The Sugar Hill Gang, Public Enemy and the list goes on and on, do not fake what they do with Hip Hop. I just signed a major label deal and our group isn't fake. We try to teach that there is more than women, drugs, guns and clubbing in our music. We have kids. I have gone to a Catholic grade school and high school in Akron, lived in a predominately white middle class neighborhood and played on real nice golf courses way before I signed this deal. Snoop and these fake rappers that you talk about, are just giving the best in life for their children since they now have the money to do it. Should they raise their children in the same gang infested neighborhoods that they grew up in when they have the money to get them out? It matters on how you raise your kids, rich or poor.

Last edited by Slimdog; 09/01/08 03:37 PM.

"Awww Nawww Big Slimdog!!!"
-Eminem, "B**** Please Pt. II"
C
Poser
Poser
C
I have to agree with you. That isn't my particular style of music, but there are many out there promoting the same things you do. There is a Christian rapper named T Bone that is a tremendous talent and he obviously is not promoting the thug image.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I have to agree with you. That isn't my particular style of music, but there are many out there promoting the same things you do. There is a Christian rapper named T Bone that is a tremendous talent and he obviously is not promoting the thug image.

DC Talk and LeCrae are two other christian rappers that I love!

I've always liked Dr Dre as well... didn't always like his lyrics... sorry to hear

<><

#gmstrong
2nd String
2nd String
Thanks Coach. It's slowly starting to change in Hip Hop. It's tough to make it in this genre nowadays with the way Hip Hop has been portrayed.

"Awww Nawww Big Slimdog!!!"
-Eminem, "B**** Please Pt. II"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just a question for you...Why do they have to change theire name to some gangster name! ...Mostly in the Rap genre tho.
Just cant understand that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum A Rapper's son is dead. Shocking

Link Copied to Clipboard