Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#309347 09/16/08 11:13 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The following week after a loss can be tough so I thought we can brighten things up a bit by playing a movie quote game. Here's what we'll do, I'll type a quote and the next person says what movie it's from (add the character and actors name for massive bonus points). And then you add in your own quote for someone else to get.

So for example...had someone posted "You're gonna need a bigger boat." in the previous post, my post would look like this

================================================================
Quote:

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

Jaws - Brody (Roy Scheider)

"I'm the kind of the world!"
================================================================

And then someone would quote the "I'm king of the world", give the movie title and then add the names if possible.

This is on the honor system folks. Keep your eyes off IMDB and Google as much as you can. And keep the YouTube links to a minimum (too many and the refs shut the thread down). Also, try not to get too obscure, we don't want to spend too much time on each quote. This is supposed to be fun.

So here we go...the first quote to use is"

"Mark it zero!"

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
S
Legend
Legend
S
the big lebowski

"either get busy livin', or get busy dyin'"

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
"Mark it zero"---The Big Lebowski Walter Szobcek (Goodman)

"Listen to me! You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen."

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

"Mark it zero!"

No clue! Got an easy one to start with?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

the big lebowski

The bucket list.....Morgan Freidman

I want to see who im talking to

J
Legend
Legend
J
Quote:

Shawshank Redemption. Andy-Tim Robbins

"I ain't heard no fat lady!"
"Forget the fat lady. You're Obsessed with fat lady. Just get us out of here!"

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

The quote above is from a throwback comedy that is definitely one of my favs, can anyone get it?

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

"Listen to me! You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen."

Fight Club - Tyler Der...ummm, your name (Brad Pitt)

Quote:

Shawshank Redemption - dang....can't get the names off the top of my head

"Einhorn is Finkle, Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is a man! Oh, my...Einhorn is a man!"

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
J
Legend
Legend
J
Quote:

Quote:

the big lebowski

The bucket list.....Morgan Freidman

I want to see who im talking to

LOL

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

"Einhorn is Finkle, Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is a man! Oh, my...Einhorn is a man!"

Ace Ventura Pet Detective. Ace Ventura

Quote:

Bob Costas: It's hard to believe that just five years ago this game was played only in driveways.
Al Michaels: [camera shifts to Beers cheerleaders] Yes, it's also hard to believe that just five years ago those girls were only in grade school.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Bob Costas: It's hard to believe that just five years ago this game was played only in driveways.
Al Michaels: [camera shifts to Beers cheerleaders] Yes, it's also hard to believe that just five years ago those girls were only in grade school.

Baseketball - Bob and Al (I'll save my favorite quote from that flick for later in the thread)

"...but Peety didn't even had a head."

[Linked Image]

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

"...but Peety didn't even had a head."

Dumb and Dumber--Harry

Quote:

My doctor says now I have enough silicone in my body to kill a small elephant! Isn't that cool?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

"I ain't heard no fat lady!"
"Forget the fat lady. You're Obsessed with fat lady. Just get us out of here!"

Independence Day - Will Smith said the first line, Jeff Goldblum said the second

" Shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be."

LIbertatem Defendimus!!

2010 Dawgtalkers NCAA Bracket Challenge Champ!!
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

" Shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be."

Boon dock Saints. The Saints of South Boston.

Quote:

I am big. It's the pictures that got small.

Last edited by Tyler_Derden; 09/16/08 11:51 AM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I am big. It's the pictures that got small....Sunset blvd., dont remmber who said it.

I'm going to make him an offer he cant refuse.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I am big. It's the pictures that got small....Sunset blvd., dont remmber who said it.

I'm going to make him an offer he cant refuse.

The Godfather

'Sorry Romeo, but you have to die"

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

'Sorry Romeo, but you have to die"

Romeo Must Die

When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.

Last edited by brownsfansince79; 09/16/08 12:22 PM.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.

Dirty Harry Harry Callahan

Quote:

You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Joe Dirt.

"There's no such thing as too far. You understand? You push everything as far as you can. You push and you push and you push until it starts pushing back. And then you push some more. Remember that when you're with this guy today. "

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

"There's no such thing as too far. You understand? You push everything as far as you can. You push and you push and you push until it starts pushing back. And then you push some more. Remember that when you're with this guy today. "

Two for the Money (Walter Abrams).

"I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!"

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

"I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!"

Talladega Nights - Texas Ranger (Walker is the older brother )

Ok, here's the next one: "Rob, thank you for that kind introduction. We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and his Uptown Five."

[Linked Image]

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Quote:

He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

The quote above is from a throwback comedy that is definitely one of my favs, can anyone get it?

DR.STRANGELOVE (Awesome Film)

New One : "There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Legend
Legend
Quote:

"Rob, thank you for that kind introduction. We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and his Uptown Five."

One of the best movies ever, High Fidelity.

"The next one who tries that, I'm gonna shoot him, stuff him, and stick an apple in his ass."

O
1st String
1st String
O
Quote:

"The next one who tries that, I'm gonna shoot him, stuff him, and stick an apple in his ass."

Clint Eastwood in The Gauntlet

"Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac…It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!!"

[Linked Image from i161.photobucket.com]Thanks NaTaS
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

"Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac…It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!!"

Caddyshack - Bill Murray

"In this corner, weighing in at 110 pounds and pushing 89 years of age and the recent recipient of a brand new plastic hip, Joseph "Blue" Polaski."

[Linked Image]

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

"In this corner, weighing in at 110 pounds and pushing 89 years of age and the recent recipient of a brand new plastic hip, Joseph "Blue" Polaski."

hahahhaha Will Ferrell in Old School

New One: "How do you pluralize Lone? Why not be, The Three Rangers?"

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Bad clock management?

Strother Martin from "Cool Hand Luke"

"What we have here, is a failure to communicate."

The way our O looked?

Cheech and Chong, Tommy Chong................

"Try it man, it's Labrador!"

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

hahahhaha Will Ferrell in Old School

New One: "How do you pluralize Lone? Why not be, The Three Rangers?"

airheads

"they brought their ****ing toys!"

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Slap Shot

"I've been framed for murder and the cops are in on it. But the real enemy, the son of a b**** who killed the angel lying next to me, he's out there somewhere, out of sight, the big missing piece that'll give me the how and the why and a face and a name and a soul to send screaming into hell."

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

"I've been framed for murder and the cops are in on it. But the real enemy, the son of a b**** who killed the angel lying next to me, he's out there somewhere, out of sight, the big missing piece that'll give me the how and the why and a face and a name and a soul to send screaming into hell."

Sin City

"It's a funny world we live in. Speaking of which, do you know how I got these scars?"

[Linked Image]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

"It's a funny world we live in. Speaking of which, do you know how I got these scars?"

The Dark Knight - The Joker (Heath Ledger)

There's that word again... heavy. Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?

We're... we're good?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Sin City

Dark Knight

"You know what a Hossa is Frank? It's a pig, that don't fly straight"

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Quote:

Quote:

The Dark Knight - The Joker (Heath Ledger)

There's that word again... heavy. Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?

Back to the future

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished. Well then, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished. Well then, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?

Pulp Fiction

The attempt on Nordberg's life left me shaken and disturbed, and all the questions kept coming up over and over again, like bubbles in a case of club soda. Who was this character in the hospital? And why was he trying to kill Nordberg? And for whom? Did Ludwig lie to me? I didn't have any proof, but, somehow, I didn't entirely trust him, either. Why was the I Luv You not listed in Ludwig's records? And if it was, did he know about it? And if he didn't, who did? And where the hell was I?

Legend
Legend
"Two weeks and out; now I'm gonna buy it on this rock,..!"

Bill Paxton as Private Hudson; " Aliens "

B
Legend
Legend
B
So now it's your turn

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Poser
Poser
C
Quote:

Joe Dirt.

Predator Billy Bear I think

I hope to get across the border. I hope to see my friend. I hope

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Shawshank Redemption

"You could always subscribe to a site like Perfect Ten. I mean that could be anything, it could be a bowling site."

Last edited by Ammo; 09/16/08 07:00 PM.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

Shawshank Redemption

"You could always subscribe to a site like Perfect Ten. I mean that could be anything, it could be a bowling site."

superbad

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

So now it's your turn

Sorry Beep, I wasn't up to speed on how to play,...I thought it would be funny just to use a movie quote to play off (no pun intended) what the Browns did last week,...i.e. "Two weeks and out,..."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Movie Quote Game Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard