Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Hey all, Zack (TI84) wrote me a letter from boot camp and I thought I would share a little. He left for bootcamp when the preseason opened and is doing real good. He is at Ft Jackson South Carolina and says it is hot hot hot down there lol. he was named PG (platoon guide) and he is getting into real good shape. Said the chow is good, MRE's are good, but hot A's suck He wanted me to tell everyone GO BROWNS! and said hi! He thinks it is much easier than he thought it would be and he hates his haircut He said processing and the gas chamber have been the worst so far and he really likes the guys he is in a company with. There is a guy from Cleveland in his platoon and he wondered if anyone knew him. his name is Ken Knish. he wants to know if anyone is tailgating for the last home game b/c he will be back by then.

I already wrote him back before I jumped online and will write him every Monday with a recap of the Browns game w/articles, so if you guys want to say anything let me know and I'll throw it in the letter. he misses reading the board and reading/watching the Browns.

Our honor defend, we will fight to the end, for OHIO! GO BUCKS!
A
Legend
Legend
A
Tell him thanks. Tell him good luck. Tell him regardless of what he may hear, the majority of Americans are proud of him and what he has done and is doing.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Will do Arch.

Legend
Legend
Tell him that he's a maggot, and that my grandmother can run faster than him .... and she's dead!

Oh wait ... he's probably hearing that already from his drill instructors. LOL

Tell him that we're all proud of him, thank him for, and wish him all the best in his service to our country.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Military chow is good????

LET'S GO BROWNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Linked Image]
[b]WOOF WOOF[b]
Legend
Legend
Tell him I like his haircut

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Like everybody else...Tell him thanks for serving his country.

Legend
Legend
Ahh, the gas chamber... that brings back memories

Tell him to go back in there, without the mask still, and take a deep, deep breath while holding his eyes wide-open with his fingers...... once he's done that, he can consider himself up-to-date on the Browns' season thus far .... nauseating and full of tears

Tell him that I say to enjoy it... you only do bootcamp once, have fun.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
hehe, yeah I vividly remember the gas chamber at Great Lakes. We were the last row out and I had to sing the national anthem to be let out All while blind and a bunch of snot hanging from my nose,,good times

B
Legend
Legend
B
Ahhhhh Ft Jackson...a true vacation destination ....if bugs,swamps, and high humidity is what you like.

Send my thanks

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Above all else, he's doing something few in this country have the guts to do. Good or bad, it will define him for the rest of his life. Tell him I am proud that he made the choice, and to remember that someone is always watching.

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

My thoughts exactly . Things must have changed alot in the last 20 years . In a way I envy the guy because of all of the relationships he will make, things he will do and the pride that comes from service . Great to hear he is doing so well .

L
Legend
Legend
L
oh yeah, military chow is pretty good nowadays..damn govt. regs..lol, but yeah i know when i was with HHC 101st, our mess hall was pretty good. Eggs/pancackes etc made to order, incredible fruit/juice bar..same with lunch/dinner. When i was with 75th Ranger we actually had a support battalion send people out to cook for us when we went to field/deployed. the MRE's have come a long way. I remember the ones they gave us in basic weren't that great, the ones with the dark brown cover.. I got m&m's in one one time and i thought "hmm these look funny, no candy shell" just this white covering..looked at the bag and it say "proud sponsor of the 1988 olympics.. Well that was 1994..lol, had a couple white mars bars too. But after i got to permanent duty we got the MRE's that had tan covers..Those are great. Come with heaters and the works. Which the heaters come in handy if you need to make a quick bomb and the tabasco bottle comes in handy if you or someone loses the plug to their air mattress..

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:

Quote:

My thoughts exactly . Things must have changed alot in the last 20 years . In a way I envy the guy because of all of the relationships he will make, things he will do and the pride that comes from service . Great to hear he is doing so well .

i swear i miss all the fun time i had in basic, airborne, ranger,pathfinder, SERES and air assault school..They were the hardest yet the most fun times i've had in my life. Some of my closest friends i met in those schools. From all walks of life and places in the country. It truly is a brotherhood that you appreciate and never forget. Don't matter what branch you are..its all one family..even though we all pretend not to like the other...lol

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Haircut? I have that cut. Edged & everything. I love it. He's nuts...

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Starting in basic I now put tobasco on a lot of stuff thanks to military food Especially eggs. those scrambled eggs were pretty damn gross lol.

L
Legend
Legend
L
hey tabasco on the mre tuna and noodles or chicken in rice are awesome..lol, and the omlet. Only MRE i won't touch is "ham" slice...*shiver*

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Starting in basic I now put tobasco on a lot of stuff thanks to military food Especially eggs. those scrambled eggs were pretty damn gross lol.

No doubt....Ammo thought he had a problem with yellow mushrooms???? Wonder if he ever had any green or blue eggs???

L
Legend
Legend
L
or anything off a C-rat tray...now thats an egg of a different color

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think the term "WTF?" was uttered for the first time in recorded history when someone first saw a C-rat tray.....

L
Legend
Legend
L
i'm pretty sure you're right, military chow has inspired many a phrase over the years...thank god it got better..lol

Legend
Legend
My worst nightmare was that GD C-rat fruitcake,....I was in love with Tabasco before I joined the Corps, a trait handed down to me by Dad (former Marine). It was always good on Ham & Eggs,...we had a different name for it--but I think I might get banned,...

Anyway, again, hats off to TI-84 for stepping up to the plate, npi.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

It was always good on Ham & Eggs,...we had a different name for it--but I think I might get banned

Had a conversation just the other day at work about that nickname.....

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Heat that ham slice up with some ramen..mmm.. My worst was Chicken Ala King and that nasty pork in BBQ sauce. Oh and do they still have those orange cake with real peels in them ?

L
Legend
Legend
L
they have poundcake thats absolutely delicious, espec. the choc. chip..mmmmm...what about the 4 fingers of death ..lol nothing like 5 year old hot dogs..*shiver*

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I think the term "WTF?" was uttered for the first time in recorded history when someone first saw a C-rat tray.....

I will never forget opening up the can of "beef" in a C-rat. I took one look, turned to my drill and said "Ya want my dog food?"

Most disgusting thing I've ever had the displeasure to smell.

[Linked Image from i8.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
You gotta remember that when we all served (assume 60's--80's), C's were left over from Two and Korea,...so we were saving the taxpayer some money,....

Nothing a little heat tab stove and some Tabasco couldn't fix,....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I know. I remember looking at the dates on some of the Rats and had to laugh cuz they may have been around when my pops was in the Korean War.

[Linked Image from i8.photobucket.com]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

You gotta remember that when we all served (assume 60's--80's), C's were left over from Two and Korea,...so we were saving the taxpayer some money,....

Nothing a little heat tab stove and some Tabasco couldn't fix,....

That is what I remember....beans and weenies...with these white, festering things they passed off as a wiener.

Thank Heaven for Mom sending me canned sardines, spam, and hot sauce on a regular basis...it was like a Thanksgiving feast when I got cans of those in a love package(that's what mama called them)

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
My Grandpa served in the Pacific (Army) in WWII and he loved spam from being in the service. He used to make me eat it with eggs when I stayed over and it grew on me. I bought a can a few weeks ago just b/c when I saw it I thought of him to cook up with eggs and hot sauce and my wife wouldn't touch it

Legend
Legend
Smart woman

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Damn right she is smart. After all she married me!

I am finishing up a letter to him now. I hate to tell him about Sunday but I must Hopefully next week I can write about a W Hopefully

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Got a Letter From TI-84 Plus in Bootcamp

Link Copied to Clipboard