Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Ahh...

I take it the HTIAB doesn't allow for HDMI input then? What kind is it?

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
No, the HTIAB does allow an HDMI connection...that is where the 3rd connection comes in...

1. ATT/UVerse Box
2. HTIAB
3. Blu-Ray

It is a Samsung system that I really like (and in some ways makes me think about the Samsung sets to keep everything Samsung...lol)

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I meant, are you able to connect, say, your Blu Ray to the HTIAB via HDMI and have it process your audio, and then go HDMI from your HTIAB to your TV? Maybe that's what you're talking about as well...not sure...

What is your brand and model of HTIAB?

Legend
Legend
Run an optical audio cable from your TV to the HTIAB. That way you can run the cable/satellite, HTIAB and Blue Ray players directly to the TV but they all still can use the home theater sound system.

I only have 2 HDMI ports on my TV, so I have the cable box and the Blue Ray player hooked to those, and the HTIAB via the BYR cables. The optical audio cable takes care of the audio for all the components if I want to use the sound system.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
It looks like there are more responses to this thread, but I'm unable to view them. Strange....

Maddog Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:

It looks like there are more responses to this thread, but I'm unable to view them. Strange....

That would probably be me, but I deleted it. I had a few more questions about over the air HD broadcast capabilities, but after posting them I went back and reread your previous post and did some Google to realize the answers.

Read before asking...silly me.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
NRTU:

Now that my kids have the Wii, they want to chip in for a flat screen. I had a question about a particular monitor, not so much the spec. It's a Sceptre X42BV full HD. I have dealt with Sceptre in the past, and I know they are influential in the flat panel industry in general. But they were very hard to deal with and I was never impressed with their finished product. They made panels for many companies, but the ones I bought directly from them seemd "less than". These are the specs, the price is unbelievable. I was really bent on Panasonic, but at this price, I'm willing to hear what y'all say.

42" Screen Flat Panel TV with LCD Technology
Displays Resolutions up to 1080p
Includes Remote Control
HD Display When Connected to an Optional HD Source
ATSC/NTSC/QAM Built-In
Video Features: Hi-Resolution Panel
Audio Features: Selectable Sound Modes
High Contrast and Brightness
Inputs: High Definition Multimedia Interface
Outputs: S/PDIF
On-Screen HD Display
16:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio
1920x1080 Resolution
Contrast Ratio: 6000:1
6ms Response Time
2 Speakers Front-Panel Speakers
Operational Modes: Multiple Picture Modes
Additional Functions: Computer Monitor
Compatible with 108i/720p/480i/480p Resolution Specs/Video Modes Formats
Viewing Angles: 178x178
TV Mount Features: Can Be Wall Mounted
Accessories Included: Remote Control Batteries
1 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor
40.5x27.31x9
64 lbs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't see the price...

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Sorry, it's 799.00. Im curios if anyone has any experience with Sceptre. There is a Phillips 780p with a better price.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Can you return it if you aren't satisfied?

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Just FYI...the Wii does not do HD quality picture. The highest resolution it can output is 480p, which is considered EDTV (Enhanced Definition). You will need a set of component video cables to achieve this; they're not included with the Wii.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Yes, but only within 30 days unless it really breaks. I'm really concerned about the company more than anything. They sucked to deal with in the past. Panasonic has been awesome, as has Philips, but the prices are much higher.

All Pro
All Pro
If they sucked to deal with in the past I would pay a little bit more and have peace of mind.

How in the world can you fix something...
If you don't know how it's supposed to work?
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
nrtu

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just bought my TV today. I don't have it hooked up yet. That should happen by Saturday.

In case you are interested...I purchased the Samsung PN50A650. Which is the top of the line plasma for the Samsung at that size...well actually they JUST came out with a newer model the 760...but I am not going to count that because I haven't even seen them in the stores yet...LOL

The reason I went with the Samsung is simply because I got the best deal on it. The only set better than this one in my group that I was looking at was the Panny 800U and they were not giving me a deal on that one. They had a really good deal on the Panny 80U and I almost went with that...but the salesman saw I was leaning towards the Samsung and went back and did a little more work to get the price down even further and I have to say I got the TV for about a grand under retail. HH Gregg was very good to work with. They were knowledgeable and they would deal with you. I got the TV for less than internet prices and the internet prices are BEFORE shipping.

So far I am ecstatic. We are painting the wall tomorrow and I will start the conduit work. And I might even be lucky and have it mounted tomorrow...but most likely Saturday. I will be back with more info later once I have the set up and calibrated....

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

We are painting the wall tomorrow and I will start the conduit work. And I might even be lucky and have it mounted tomorrow.

Good choice bud...Enjoy that bad-boy!!!

?????????...Conduit?????????....

Why conduit? Do u not have the capability of running the cables IN THE WALL CAVITIES???

U prolly already know this but I'll spew it anyway in case u don't.

Even if u have Insulation in the wall...It's EASY to run inside the wall...The only cables u should be dealing with is HDMI...Use the plates they sell that allow u to go from Satellite Box/Blueray or any other to the WALL...Then cables connected to the BACK of this plate go in the wall cavity and connect to the BACK of the same type plate BEHIND the TV...Then cables from there to TV...No cables or conduit showing...

BONUS---If u ever move the TV all u need to do is disconnect all cables including what's in the wall and take the plates with u...Just put blank cover plates on them...

I'd think you're aware of this but I wanted to catch u before u do the conduit in case u aren't aware of it...

Go Browns!!!
S
2nd String
2nd String
S
Quote:

..had a really good deal on the Panny 80U and I almost went with that...but the salesman saw I was leaning towards the Samsung and went back and did a little more work to get the price down even further and I have to say I got the TV for about a grand under retail.

Just curious since I've been looking at this TV, but how much were you able to get the price of the PZ80U down to?

Shark #330739 01/05/09 11:47 AM
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I believe it was down to about $1250....and when you figure the internet prices are as low as $999 plus about $200 shipping....(and you have to double check they are authorized Panny Dealers)....HH Gregg was a very good deal. That is just about at cost for them....just about...but not quite....lol

As far as the conduit is concerned...going vertically I have the wires in the wall. But then I have all of the receivers and players in the corner of the room so I have the conduit(which can be painted the same color as the wall) running along the base board to take all of the wires from the center of the wall to the corner. It was far easier and less obtrusive than trying to go underneath the floor or over the ceiling...(and the cords are shorter too...LOL) I have ended up with a very nice, clean look. The only cable you see is where the cables comes out of the lower wall plate and enters the flat conduit. And even that looks clean and organized.

TV is mounted and initial reaction is WOWEEE!!!!!!!...LOL
Actually I am having too much fun at the moment to give any objective review...LOL And we are still finishing work on the room and I would like to get that up to snuff and where we want it before I really get into evaluation...But to this point, I am exteremely happy(yes I added a sylable to extremely..lol).

It was a real pain to get it up on the wall but I think it is worth it. It is further out from the wall than firs expected...but very liveable...we will see how often I actually adjust the TV once I get settled...maybe I will get a slim fram at a later date...who knows...

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum HD TV Question(s)

Link Copied to Clipboard