Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#351461 02/01/09 02:21 PM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Anybody have any opinions on some good games?

I bought Guitar Hero World Tour and it's pretty cool but I pretty much beat it already.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Halo 3, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War2

just a couple of my favorites

#brownsgoodkarma
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Of course NCAA and Madden and Halo. I am playing the new Fallout, Battlefield 2, and modern combat right now.

You should get Live and there are a bunch of games you can download and try for free. I have been playing Uno, pool, spades, among others. My name is ThreeThree7 on XBoX Live if u wanna play sometime.

Our honor defend, we will fight to the end, for OHIO! GO BUCKS!
J
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J
NCAA is a great game I love it.

Gears is a good series, have the first one, didn't buy the second one yet, I got the red ring of death but i'm getting my 360 back on Monday so I'll be picking that up soon. Call of Duty is always a good bet as well.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Bought a 360 Friday

My condolences.

S
Legend
Legend
S
nhl 2009 is easily the best sports game out there.

call of duty has been a great series...

gears of war ain't too shabby

grand theft auto 4 is a classic.

bioshock is one of the best games to ever come out.

and if u want a good cheap game, dead rising is very fun, and kind of a different way to play a game, and it's been around for a while so u can probably find it for 20 bucks give or take.

my name online is tehkoolaide, hit me up any time.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Be sure to get Xbox Live... I've got a free month card if you need it, just PM me and I'll send you the code. If you've already got it, add me, name's HurricaneDPG.

Anywho for games, I'd recommend GTA4 above everything else. An expansion is coming out on the 17th that's looking very impressive, and the original is just a blast. (pun intended I suppose)

Fallout 3 is great as well, so is Gears 2... You can't really go wrong with any of the popular games, they're all fantastic.

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
Legend
Legend
I'm ready to finally get a next generation console. I may have to wait for my birthday in April or when our tax refund hits.....but I'm ready.

I about 60% sure about getting an Xbox (Blu-ray is quite tempting but $400?). I still have a few questions on the 360 though:

1. The RROD, is that problem cured on all new consoles?
2. Outside of downloading demo's, music, movies and songs for GH/RB....what else do you need the hard drive for? See, I'll be playing Skate, Skate 2, Shaun White's snowboarding, Halo 3, Madden/NCAA, a few other FPS and will be on Xbox Live. Outside of game saves, that's about it. I suppose I'd want the Halo 3 expansion maps....but what else?
3. Has anyone used their PC/Mac as a wireless hub for their Xbox? The Xbox isn't wi-fi...but it's by my Mac that is. I read online you can just plug the Xbox into the Mac and use it as a wi-fi point. Has anyone done this yet?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
1. I believe the RROD is still a problem, but I can't be entirely sure. I've been through three consoles in three years, only positive thing you can say is at least their customer service is decent.

2. You need the HD to play the backwards compatible original Xbox games. You can also install games to your HD with the new NXE update, doing so decreases the loading times on certain games. Games end up being between 4-7 gigs. If you purchase an Arcade console (which I believe is $200), you can order a 20gig HD online for $20 on the official Xbox website. Just something to consider.

3. I used my computer as a Wi-Fi point, it works pretty well. Only troubles is that it's a bit of an inconvenience.

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

3. I used my computer as a Wi-Fi point, it works pretty well. Only troubles is that it's a bit of an inconvenience.

How so?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Oh it just stunk having to get around my desk and get my laptop power and ethernet cord. Besides that it worked very well. It's nice having the official wi-fi, but it's definitely not worth $100.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

I'm ready to finally get a next generation console. I may have to wait for my birthday in April or when our tax refund hits.....but I'm ready.

I about 60% sure about getting an Xbox (Blu-ray is quite tempting but $400?). I still have a few questions on the 360 though:

1. The RROD, is that problem cured on all new consoles?
2. Outside of downloading demo's, music, movies and songs for GH/RB....what else do you need the hard drive for? See, I'll be playing Skate, Skate 2, Shaun White's snowboarding, Halo 3, Madden/NCAA, a few other FPS and will be on Xbox Live. Outside of game saves, that's about it. I suppose I'd want the Halo 3 expansion maps....but what else?
3. Has anyone used their PC/Mac as a wireless hub for their Xbox? The Xbox isn't wi-fi...but it's by my Mac that is. I read online you can just plug the Xbox into the Mac and use it as a wi-fi point. Has anyone done this yet?

sadly the red ring of death is still a problem, although not with every console, they are very very good about replacing them, and you usually get a brand new one...

the hard drive is nice to have, for extra maps for games, or games you may want to purchase through xbox live (i have yet to do this but have been meaning to buy some points)

i know xbox live is 50 bucks a year, and ps3's online is free (right now, anyways), but xbox live is really worth the 50 bucks...

oh, and pickup call of duty, the online is so addicting....

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Well I went out and bought Fallout 3. Haven't got to pkay it yet. I just bouht tit today and I know if I start playing it now i'll be up late and won't want to get up for work tommorrow.

I've heard some good things about it.

I WILL be getting the new Halo game when it comes out and after I get good at it i'll get Live and hit some of you guy's up.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Heck ya man! Once I get this thing figured out and get it online ready i'll hit ya up for that Live card. That would be sweet.

I got a bunch of friends that play Halo online all the time so i've heard some pretty good things about it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I also ordered a 360 recently. Should be in tomorrow. I have the "Call of Duty: World at War" for it. I don't have a gamertag yet, but I'd love to play with some fellow dawgs!

[Linked Image from i190.photobucket.com]
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
You should probably check out the Live Arcade too. I've enjoyed it alot, mainly with games like Braid, Banjo Kazooie (with Banjo Tooie coming out in April), Castle Crashers, Vigilante 8... All fairly cheap with the most expensive being $15. There are also some free games you can download, Aegis Wing and Dash of Destruction, as well as a few more.

And yeah just hit me up whenever you'd like the code.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Im ready for the new resident evil game to come out

#brownsgoodkarma
Y
2nd String
2nd String
Y
Quote:

You should probably check out the Live Arcade too. I've enjoyed it alot, mainly with games like Braid, Banjo Kazooie (with Banjo Tooie coming out in April), Castle Crashers, Vigilante 8... All fairly cheap with the most expensive being $15. There are also some free games you can download, Aegis Wing and Dash of Destruction, as well as a few more.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed is also a fantastic game available on Live. I probably put over 75 hours into it. The challenge rooms are incredibly addicting. The game has a somewhat steep learning curve, but it doesn't take long before you realize that it's deep and can take a long time to truely master. I watched some videos on youtube and was amazed at what people could do.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Quote:

Well I went out and bought Fallout 3. Haven't got to pkay it yet. I just bouht tit today and I know if I start playing it now i'll be up late and won't want to get up for work tommorrow.

I've heard some good things about it.

I WILL be getting the new Halo game when it comes out and after I get good at it i'll get Live and hit some of you guy's up.

Halo Wars is looking pretty promising to RTS fans. From the interviews I've read they did an amazing job mapping the controller to RTS game play.

I'm on my second play through of Too Human. It's a decent game, but probably not meant for everyone. I enjoy the mindless killing and getting new equipment (almost Diablo II) style. I have Fallout 3 sitting next to my 360 waiting for me to play it, let me know what you think! I may pick up Afro Samurai today after work, it looks to be my style.

I'm FamedSmurf on XBL if anyone wants to add. I occasionally play COD:WAW, COD4, Too Human, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc...depends on the free time / mood. The kids use the xbox as well, so if you see Lego ______ that's them...not me....usually...

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I'm on my second play through of Too Human. It's a decent game, but probably not meant for everyone. I enjoy the mindless killing and getting new equipment (almost Diablo II) style.

No kidding. I still play that game every day. I play on U.S East ladder.

I friggin love that game. I cannot wait until Diablo 3 comes out.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Fallout 3 is definately one of my favorite 360 games, be prepared to spend tons of time exploring. I had a few problems with it freezing up on me a few times ( so save often) but awesome game. I just bought Gears 2 and been playing it pretty heavy.

Haven't got hooked up to live yet, I need to get a router as soon as I do I will look some of you all up tho.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
What's that XBox live set you back $$$wise???????/

LET'S GO BROWNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Linked Image]
[b]WOOF WOOF[b]
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Quote:

What's that XBox live set you back $$$wise???????/

Here's a deal I found a while back... 13 months for $39: XBL

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Thanks Hurricane, I'm trying to set up the live thing for my son, this looks like a pretty good deal compared to what I found,

LET'S GO BROWNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Linked Image]
[b]WOOF WOOF[b]
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I've had the 360 for almost three years and have had the dreaded RROD twice. Both times they replaced it within a month. Since it's not like I need it for financial reasons doing without for that time period is not THAT big of a deal . . .

I am debating about going on Xbox Live, I am not sure if paying for it is worth it. Other than multiplayer I am not sure I want to spend the cash. (much less convince the wife to do so)

If you're a gamer tho', seriously, pickup Bioshock (A really really great game with an engaging and deep story [can't wait for the sequel this fall])

Fallout3 is immense, and you can play it so many different ways.

I stopped playing Madden a few years ago but I can't put down NCAA 07. I tried the last one in the series and for some reason, every time I punt the ball there is NO ONE anywhere near the returner. It's a 40 yard punt and a 30 yard return.

GRAW 1 and 2 and Gears 1 and 2 are phenomenal.

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Played in a tournament today (yeah I know, insert geek jokes here) got reminded why I hate XBox. It's not the system or the games, it's the freaking controllers I can't stand. They aren't as bad as the Gamecube's were but they're close.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Bought a 360 Friday

Link Copied to Clipboard