Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Poser
Poser
C
Mac, you continue to ignore questions, but I'll ask a few more. Why do you stick to a report that Favre wasn't happy with Mangini even though he stated he enjoyed his time playing for him? Why are you accepting a reporter's "source" over Favre's own words? Even if it is true, why is not giving a player preferential treatment a negative for a coach?

You say that he lost his team, then why were so many so quick to defend him after he was fired/ Why did they tell Cribbs how good a coach he was and how much they enjoyed playing for them? Why have I heard from Jets players that they enjoyed working under Mangini?

It's funny that you take one "report" from an unnamed source and the reports from unknown sources that attribute a player with an attitude problem as proof that Magnini doesn't have "commen sense" or "people skills".

Legend
Legend
Quote:

The feelings emanating from Florham Park pointed to a disgruntled QB, unhappy with Eric Mangini refusing to give him preferential treatment during team meetings.

Perfect He shouldn't give preferential treatment to ANYBODY.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
You do realize that Brett Favre was shoved down Mangini's throat in August, just a few weeks before the season began, right? Do you recall the Browns played the Jets in the pre-season and Favre didn't play because he was just brought on board???

Quote:

"The feelings emanating from Florham Park pointed to a disgruntled QB, unhappy with Eric Mangini refusing to give him preferential treatment during team meetings.

Not only were Mangini's practices notoriously tough, but the team was losing, players were aggravated, and he led his team down one of the most embarrassing roads a professional player could ever travel."

The team didn't lose until the savior Favre caused them to lose through his erratic play....Mangini was not afforded the opportunity to fully shape the team as he planned. He had a QB who was 80 years old and didn't know when to quit forced upon him.

Apples and oranges mac.....apples and oranges.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
You're wasting your time.....

Whoopsy daisy......I am too.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

eat crow

Or something.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Would you trade for Cutler?

Maybe Shaun Rodgers/Brady Quinn for Jay Cutler and a 3rd?

I know I would.

You do know that that was a practical joke don't you? Some guy in Denver started the rumor to see how far it would go. S.I. , Yahoo sports, and even the Plain Dealer fell for it. I guess you did too.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Come and talk to me about it after you hear it coming from Berea..

Daman...I don't believe Mangini has any intention of trying to fix his relationship with Rogers. Mangini will have to prove to me he is capable of handling the situation.

FYI...Mangini is a flaming liberal. You are right he is not capable of reason. Rodgers on the other hand is a Neocon.

Maybe now you will change your mantra.

#gmstrong
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

79...What did the Browns trade to draft Winslow?

You value THAT trade based on what they got.

So what did they get?

Two players that are no longer with the team.

Your opinion in that perticular instance is only based on your own perspective which I don't share.

As a result, your rants here are starting to sound a little like spilled milk.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I got to disagree with you on this one toad. We traded a high 2nd round pick to move up from #7 overall to #6 overall (IIRC). That was a bad trade. It has nothing to do with who the Lions decided to draft. Just because they made bad choices with the picks that reflects on their drafting ability but has nothing to do with the trade itself.

It's like the trades to move up to get Rucker and Hubbard referenced earlier. The trades themselves were not bad trades in that we got fair value in the trade (picks for picks were roughly equivalent). The choices we made with those picks may be poor choices, the decision that we needed to trade up to get that particular player may have been a poor choice but the trade itself was not a bad trade in that we did not get ripped off which is the way the phrase bad trade is being used in this particular case.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I disagree. What we give up is what's important. Just because Detroit can't draft doesn't mean we gave up much.

Quote:

As a result, your rants here are starting to sound a little like spilled milk.

That is a real nice way to put it. Real, real nice.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's exactly what we gave up, our 2nd round pick (which was the 7th pick in the round) to move up on slot. Then we had to trade away more picks to get back into the second to take Jones.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

In Green Bay, Favre earned the right to be treated differently. With the Jets he’s treated like everyone else. He gets called to the ‘Principal’s Office’ and is grilled by Mangini for the decisions he’s making in games. On Wednesdays and Thursdays the players are quizzed about their upcoming opponent and Favre feels it’s homework they don’t need.

That is from your first link.... So Favre is upset because he's not being coddled... and the QB who finished the second half of the season with 3 TDs and 8 INTs and was shared a significant part of the responsibility for the Jets collapse doesn't think he needs quizzed on the opposition? That's ironic.

yebat' Putin
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

You do realize that Brett Favre was shoved down Mangini's throat in August, just a few weeks before the season began, right? Do you recall the Browns played the Jets in the pre-season and Favre didn't play because he was just brought on board???

Favre was shoved down Mangini's throat?

...Mangini named his unborn child after Favre, thats how much Mangini wanted him. Mangini used his unborn kids name as a bargaining chip to sway Favre to the Jets, telling Favre he would use his first name (Brett) in the name of his son who was due within weeks.

As I said, I hope Mangini can mend fences with Rogers and establish a better repport with his players. I honestly believe Mangini has some issues when it comes to his "people skills". Hopefully, there are no major issues that can't be overcome with a little effort on Mangini's part.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
mac the effort to overcome these things is going to require effort on more than just Mangini's part...

Cutler wants out because Denver talked about trading him.. Rolle wants out because the team doesn't value him enough... Rogers wants out because the coached didn't say hi to him... Egos abound in the NFL.. it's not just Mangini.

yebat' Putin
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Quote:

...Mangini named his unborn child after Favre, thats how much Mangini wanted him. Mangini used his unborn kids name as a bargaining chip to sway Favre to the Jets, telling Favre he would use his first name (Brett) in the name of his son who was due within weeks.

As I said, I hope Mangini can mend fences with Rogers and establish a better repport with his players.

What?
I had not heard this.
Eureka, maybe EM should just get busy at home. Shaun if its a girl, Roger if it's a boy?
I really wish,we'd sign somebody. The Jets get Scott, Sheppard and Leonhard and I see the Bucs signed Ward. Any one of those guys would have been fine by me. Instead we get squat and crazy discussion of baby names.

Legend
Legend

yebat' Putin
E
Legend
Legend
E
"You say Mangini was loved in NY"

I DID??? WHERE. Look Mac stop reading and then imagining your own little interpretations about it. I never, ever, never said the word "LOVED" in describing Mangini. I'll say it here n now that I think he was "RESPECTED" by his players and fellow coaches.

This is your proof???
"The feelings emanating from Florham Park pointed to a disgruntled QB, unhappy with Eric Mangini refusing to give him preferential treatment during team meetings."

Ooooo what a scum bag not giving a Player preferential treatment. And I also saw him make Favre run a lap for messing up and doing his own thing in practice! This actually gain respect from his players not lose them.

I thought its been said more than once here that Favre was the only player to state a negative but also he back tracked on those statements later.

But those TWO EXAMPLES you gave was STRICTLY THE OPINION OF THE SPORTS WRITER and not a player bashing...so what are you trying to say...The sports writer wrote it so IT MUST BE SO??? Thats your proof

"it sounds like Mangini lost his team in the last few weeks of the season."

Nah...you read something written by a Writer in Editorial style and chose to believe it. It doesn't sound like that as in the REAL FACTS - IT READS LIKE THAT FROM THIS WRITER.

Did you notice what I wrote above. Where is the lack of respect from the Players? Fellow Coaches? I told you and I'll say it once more is that it was the MEDIA that didn't like Mangini - What you did actually was PROVE MY CASE NOT YOURS cause you say Favre said those things and then printed two things. Either you were just Mistaken or you want to deceive us on purpose. But those two Sentences you gave as an example were actually in my corner of what I WAS SAYING that the Media disliked him and thank you for suppling the proof

I'm still waiting for this proof of LACK OF PEOPLE SKILL that is going to take us down...Where? Only proof you got is that he is not good with the media. Nobody, Nobody won or lost in the NFL cause of the MEDIA

JMHO sometimes in your own mind you think you have proof...no all you did was conjure up something that made YOU THINK OF IT THE WAY YOU DID...Proving how you got it in your head don't prove it Right!!! OK so from that article you think it is so...that is your choice - no a PROVEN CORRECT choice.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

As I said, I hope Mangini can mend fences with Rogers and establish a better repport with his players.

What?
I had not heard this.
Eureka, maybe EM should just get busy at home. Shaun if its a girl, Roger if it's a boy?
I really wish,we'd sign somebody. The Jets get Scott, Sheppard and Leonhard and I see the Bucs signed Ward. Any one of those guys would have been fine by me. Instead we get squat and crazy discussion of baby names.

Ya, it's true....I just wanted to see if Mac actually read anything.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Terry Pluto today--mostly stuff on S Rogers

Link Copied to Clipboard