Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:

Secondly, Cutler has a health issue. He's diabetic. I know they've come a long way with treatment for that, but still, he's got it and it can take him out of games at any moment.

By no means is this even relevant... I am t1 diabetic... run triathalons... play hockey twice a week... work out every day...

He's been diagnosed... thats more than half the battle. Unless we plan on having him play till he's 60 (might be when complications start if he poorly monitors himself) then I'd say this comment has no validity at all.

I'd be for this trade if Denver sweetens it a bit with either a higher pick or another pick. Proven probowl QB and some picks for an unproven QB and a disgruntled big man w/ a propensity for being a head case. Pick up Raji in the first as Rogers replacement...

"I'm a mog. Half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend."
D
Legend
Legend
D
I understand the concept of a QB throwing picks while attempting to make plays ... but heres the deal with that .....

when he makes a bad decision and gets away with it by having a positive outcome ... " making the play" ... that is still a bad decision ... the outcome does not make the decision the correct one ... he may have won that particular battle but if he continues to make DECISIONS like that one .. he will end up on the short stick way more often than making the play ...

I want my QB to make GOOD DECISIONS ..... PERIOD ... I do not want a QB that thinks he can make bad decisions cause he got away with them before ... thats a RECIPE FOR FAILURE ....

now there are exceptions to the rule .... like on 3rd and 9 from our own 20 ... if he wants to heave it 50 yards down field into double coverage ... I can live with that .... if were down by 4 points with 1 minute left and we need to go 70 yards ... go ahead roll the dice ...

Jay is a young QB who needs to MAKE BETTER DECISIONS if he wants to be an elite QB in this league ... he is still very young and very well may mature and make better decisions .. but if he does not do that .. he will remain a guy who throws to many picks ..... last year he threw 18 picks ... thats to many ... it just is ... its hard to win when your QB throws that many picks ...

he brings alot to the table ... I like Jay ... but he has a flaw in some of the decisions he makes ... he needs to improve on that ... I want a QB that throws at least 2 TD's for every pick he throws ... thats where I want my QB to be at ... last year Jay threw 4 TD's for every 3 picks he threw ... NOT GOOD ...

as for the trade .... *L* .... no way this happens .. no way .... it does not make sense at all for us .... just cause Cutler and Rogers are both "upset" in March with there respective teams does not mean there going to be traded for each other .. it gives the hacks sumptin to speculate and write about .... but thats about it ...

if it did .. I would not be real happy but I would not fly off the handle .. Jay is a young QB with some really good tools ... he could develop into a really good QB in this league ..... I think BQ will be a better QB though ... Jay has a better arm ... no doubt about it .. Jay is also very accurate ... so is BQ .. BQ will be a better QB IMO cause of decision making ... BQ excels at that part of the game ..

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

Secondly, Cutler has a health issue. He's diabetic. I know they've come a long way with treatment for that, but still, he's got it and it can take him out of games at any moment.

By no means is this even relevant... I am t1 diabetic... run triathalons... play hockey twice a week... work out every day...

He's been diagnosed... thats more than half the battle. Unless we plan on having him play till he's 60 (might be when complications start if he poorly monitors himself) then I'd say this comment has no validity at all.

I'd be for this trade if Denver sweetens it a bit with either a higher pick or another pick. Proven probowl QB and some picks for an unproven QB and a disgruntled big man w/ a propensity for being a head case. Pick up Raji in the first as Rogers replacement...

rogers/quinn
for
cutler/eddie royal

we get our JoeJ replacement and Cutler gets to keep his favorite target (yes, I know that Marshall is his better target)

for those of you that don't like Cutler, just think of him as "Good DA + accurate on short passes" Except that he is almost always "Good DA" with very few appearances of "Bad DA"

I think Quinn has a promising future, but Cutler is a proven commodity.

#gmstrong
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Would you trade for Cutler?

Maybe Shaun Rodgers/Brady Quinn for Jay Cutler and a 3rd?

I know I would.

No, at least not the scenario posed. I haven't followed Cutler's career enough to know how good he can be. Throwing in Rodgers (or any draft picks in place of him) is something I wouldn't be willing to do.

If Denver gets to the point where they need to unload Cutler I think the Browns should consider a straight up trade. Cutler does have an established track record that I would be happy with. I can't say for sure if Quinn would or would not be a better fit on this team.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Isn't this discrimination? I mean really in any other job wouldn't you be sued in a heartbeat for a comment like that? We should get an aryan football team..

Not discrimination if health is a job requirement.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
F
All Pro
All Pro
F
I've got two words for Cutler:

Grow up!

And the other three words:

Just say no.

And the next head coach is ......
Legend
Legend
Quote:

You can't be serious and if you are, I don't know what to say.

I know what to say to Daman... good point.

yebat' Putin
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

as for the trade .... *L* .... no way this happens .. no way .... it does not make sense at all for us .... just cause Cutler and Rogers are both "upset" in March with there respective teams does not mean there going to be traded for each other .. it gives the hacks sumptin to speculate and write about .... but thats about it ...

Diam...I will not say "no way" a trade such as Quinn/Rogers traded straight up for Cutler/plus a 3rd round pick would not or could not happen.

I'm kind of getting used to the Browns getting the short end of every trade. Two of our starters for one of theirs.

I did notice that Cutler is an Indiana guy...he would be closer to home. But if Rogers was traded to Denver, after seeing the bucks Haynesworth got, wouldn't Rogers demand that the Broncos open the vault?

To think, we have Rogers under contract for 4 or 5 more years and at half the cost of a Haynesworth...what is the value of a handshake these days?

The Browns 3 ring circus continues...mac

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
http://www.kffl.com/team/13/nfl

Browns | Cutler rumor unlikely to happen
Tue, 03 Mar 2009 09:48:02 -0800

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the rumored deal between the Cleveland Browns and Denver Broncos involving Browns QB Brady Quinn and DL Shaun Rogers in exchange for Broncos QB Jay Cutler and a third-round draft pick is unlikely to occur. Cutler is not the type of field general head coach Eric Mangini prefers in quarterbacks, while the departure of Rogers would leave a huge void in the middle of the team's defensive line - one that DL Ahtyba Rubin could not come close to filling.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Yep.

I don't think this rumor is true at all, if you trace it back to the source.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Certain things with the Browns this season may lead someone to think it's a circus, but this rumor shouldn't be one of them. I mean, where did this rumor come from? Who started it? Did the Browns inquire to the Broncos about it? Did McDaniels call Mangini and ask him about it?

Or is it just speculation? We have absolutely no proof that this rumor was ever seriously considered, let alone even proposed to begin with. But, since someone made it up, we attribute this to the Browns being a circus?

C'mon, get real.

Here, watch. I heard the Browns turned down an offer for Martin Rucker and our 7th rounder in 2010 for Adrian Peterson straight up. What proof do I have of that? Just as much as the Cutler to the Browns for Quinn/Rogers people.

So are we a circus since we turned that deal down?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

To think, we have Rogers under contract for 4 or 5 more years and at half the cost of a Haynesworth...what is the value of a handshake these days?

1. dude, it's the nfl, there are no such things as handshakes. players sign deals and then demand more money a year later or decide to hold out, just as managament either asks you to restructure your deal or they show you the door when they feel you aren't worh it. there are 2 sides to every story.

2. how are the browns a 3 ring circus because of some bloghead that started up some pipe-dream rumor?

cutler ain't goin anywhere. take that to your nearest bookie.

O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
When it comes to guys with cannon arms, don't we have one already ? D.A. has as least as good, if not better arm, than Cutler does and they both make poor decisions, so why trade. Cutler may be more mobile, but he's also got the sugar problem, it's a wash.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I read the rumor this morning before it was mentioned here..and even the writer said it :
To be crystal clear, we are not reporting that a trade is or could be happening. In fact, given the top-secret manner in which the Browns handled the Kellen Winslow trade, we’re confident that word of such a transaction would not leak. Our contribution to this one is only that it’s believed that coach Eric Mangini and G.M. George Kokinis would be interested in Cutler.

So that said how in the word would Gross-me-out know what type of field general Mang wants???

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
I'm with PFT on this and that if it was leaked, it was leaked on purpose. I'd take Cutler in a heartbeat as he's got the arm to throw in this weather and he's young and mobile.

What I can't figure out (and what scares me) is why in the hell Denver would want to get rid of him? I know he's cocky so I'm not sure what his work ethic or study habits are?

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
E
Legend
Legend
E
"Our contribution to this one is only that it’s believed that coach Eric Mangini and G.M. George Kokinis would be interested in Cutler."
IT'S BELIEVED

believed by who and by what criteria...sit downs with the coach. The fact that he actually preferred Pennington to Favre in NY...hmmm which one reminds of which???

You mean cause the Media driven by the Mayocks persistence of the Greatness in Cutler as a HOF QB would automatically PRESUME that EM n GK would be interested.

I'll say one thing on the record. I know Cutler is better than DA. Their styles match up and Cutler does everything better. I can't talk about BQ cause I have no idea about how he will progress in the NFL...what I mean by that...Arm wise and stuff like that Cutler is better than Payton Manning but leading his offense and recognizing the field and utilizing his accuracy Manning is light years better. Until BQ gets on the field we don't know how to rate him against Manning not Cutler. Because of his skill set being of the same nature.

But personally I've never been wowed by Cutler. He has moments of Brilliance...but I don't see him as a Winner. I never saw him bring together the offense better than what Plummer did and I viewed Plummer as mediocre.

Hey you know how good he is??? He's good enough to get Shanahan Fired

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Interesting ..it seems more like someone just decided to throw this rumor out..and this time of year it happens..but I find it funny when this came out on the heels of the Cutler soap opera..

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

But personally I've never been wowed by Cutler. He has moments of Brilliance...but I don't see him as a Winner.

I sure do!!! Oh wait, I thought you said WHINER.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
anytime a new coach comes in, he'll always want "his guy" to be the qb. probably why he tried to trade for cassel. makes sense. cassel was successful with mcdaniels as the OC so now that mcd is the HC, why wouldn't he want to bring in cassel. the reason we're being linked is that quinn is like cassel in background and perception (in that he's perceived to be a qb who would make better decisions but isn't necessarily as physically gifted) and he came from a (perceived) similar system under weiss, who was also from new england.

in the end, this trade would be STELLAR for us. cutler is clearly the best qb from his draft class and he's still improving. he's like a big ben from a year or two ago (i forget the difference in years, maybe two drafts between the two of them?). yea, losing rogers would suck but think of the bigger picture. if we completed this deal for say cutler and a 3rd, then we can go ahead and move anderson for another 3rd, sign a backup like batch. then we have cutler, one 1st, two 2nds, two 3rds. we use the 1st to take the DT from BC replacing rogers, and we use the next 4 picks on linebackers/linemen/maybe a wr or rb. we'd probably find 2 starters and 2 players that will develop into starters by end of the season. it'd also help with salary cap because we have 4 young players with cheap contracts. that'd definitely be a step in the right direction for the organization in the long run and that sure sounds like a move we'd consider.

cutler never perceived as a winner? i thought he was viewed just like quinn was coming out. he played on a ... poor team but he "elevated" his teammates. the guy sure looked like a winner taking us down from behind...

make it cutler and a 2nd and i'd do it in a heartbeat.

Last edited by dong; 03/03/09 03:37 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E

It would amuse me immensely if this trade happened. Cutler is damn good. However this just seems to be a bunch of made up internet rumors and have no substance to it. Also I can't see the Browns making that deal. Like someone else said, 2 of our starters for 1 of theirs ? Nope, not gonna happen. Our QBs seem adequate and Rogers is a freakin beast. No way the Browns make that trade. No matter how shiney Cutler is.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Quote:

It would amuse me immensely if this trade happened. Cutler is damn good. However this just seems to be a bunch of made up internet rumors and have no substance to it.

Think of it this way Eve,, McDaniels is considered somewhat of a hotshot with QB's. Look what he did with Cassel last year with the Pats.

He didn't get Cassel, so if I understand the rumor mill, he wants Brady and Rogers for Cutler and maybe a pick.

What I question is why would a guy like Mangini, who kinows McDaniels want us to give him a QB that he wants, while accepting this so called experts cast off (cutler).. and we throw in Rogers to boot..

Doesn't make a lick of sense to me... just does not.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E

I understand the reasoning for this trade. But really, we don't need Cutler. Our QBs are fine, they are not the problem with the offense. And a player of Rogers ability is rare to find. We need to hold onto that guy tight. This would be a stupid trade for the Browns.

Having said that, I wouldn't cry if we got Cutler. lol He's better than any QB we have. Just not worth giving up Rogers for, not when our other 2 QBs can do a reasonably good job with the right talent around them. If Cutler came here he will suck just as much as Anderson or Quinn will until there is decent running game and WRs who can catch the ball.

No Craps Given
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

He didn't get Cassel, so if I understand the rumor mill, he wants Brady and Rogers for Cutler and maybe a pick.

Simple. The rumor is just a made up fantasy. It makes no sense on any level.

Back to the initial post....

If Cutler and Denver are damaged beyond repair, how does that affect (or is it effect? someone please correct me if I'm wrong) anything that we might want to do?

#gmstrong
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Having said that, I wouldn't cry if we got Cutler.

I think we all know by now that you would be doing something far different....Like putting up your Fathead of him.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

I don't know about fatheads, but I would be highly amused lol.

No Craps Given
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

The rumor is just a made up fantasy.

^ This.

Whoever made this rumor is probably laughing at all of us right now.

E
Legend
Legend
E

Ha. I agree with Ammo. ^this

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Simple. The rumor is just a made up fantasy. It makes no sense on any level.

Exacty,, where does this stuff come from... wierd....

Now you watch, they'll annouce later today...LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
As far as I can tell it was started on another message board by two Denver fans, at least thats who is taking credit for it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Makes sense. That trade would be highway robbery. I wouldn't trade Rogers for Cutler straight up.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
A far-fetched deal IMO....

Cutler for Quinn and a 3rd I'd jump on in a heartbeat...a 4th would set in stone as well...I wouldn't deal Rogers for less than a first straight up...although in this NFL he has the ability to whine his way into a deal that is lopsided to us.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

the outcome does not make the decision the correct one

I don't know.....correct decisions that result in bad outcomes don't really turn me on.

All situations are different, but I'll take poor decisions that result in good plays, thank-you.

Look man....we aren't that far apart on this, but what is a poor decision for one player isn't necessarily a bad one for another.

You can't hold all QB's to the standards of the low hanging fruit(to steal one of your lines)

A guy firing one in to a tight spot might not be a poor decision unless you are holding them to standards to the QB's who don't stand a chance of getting it in there.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
W
2nd String
2nd String
W
Quote:

the departure of Rogers would leave a huge void in the middle

This is all that needs to be said. Shaun is a monster, and the AFC North is all about "Stopping the Run!" I would hate losing the big man just for the sake of a trade! JMHO Go Brownies!!!

Who Let Da Dawgs Out? Woof, Woof, Woof!!!!!
Legend
Legend
I ain't so sure,....

Yes, Rogers is "The Beast." NO doubt.

But if he was ALL there was to "stopping the run in the AFC North," wouldn't Mangini have at least Jumping-Jacked his way across the ball room to say 'hello' ??

And now he's a locker room cancer, whining and playing mind games because his Sugar Daddy is gone.

NOBODY is irreplaceable.

Legend
Legend
You're right, no one is irreplaceable. But, there has to be proper compensation, IMO.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that we're going to trade Rogers. To me, he's worth a first rounder and potentially another pick, let's say a 3rd rounder as well. Or, we get a very proven commodity (like Rogers is) at a position of need, like a top-notch RB, or a safety.

If that were to happen, then, yes, see you Shaun.

But if something like Quinn/Rogers to Denver for Cutler/3rd is on the table, I can't say 'no' fast enough.

If Rogers goes, we'd better get a LOT in return.

JMHO

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
E
Legend
Legend
E

Omg Rogers should never be traded unless he ancient or chronically injured. The dude has mad skillz and we aren't gonna replace it anytime soon with anyone else. I have never understood this need to trade away every valuable player a team has. If he is good, then freakin hang onto him. And tell the teams who want him to buzz off.

No Craps Given
W
2nd String
2nd String
W
Quote:

no one is irreplaceable

I didn't say that he was irreplaceable. I said that it would leave a big whole in the line, and stopping the run is a priority. To trade him away for Cutler & a 3rd is a "Joke"! IMHO Go Brownies!!!!

Who Let Da Dawgs Out? Woof, Woof, Woof!!!!!
Legend
Legend
And I did not say we should trade him away for Cutler,....

Imagine both of these crybabies in the locker room at the same time, is what I'm trying to avoid.

Half of why Rogers looked good last year was because everybody else stunk,....

Now he whines. That says a lot.

He's not looking forward to camp, the camp boss has already "dissed" him, so he's looking for a Mama's Boy way out.

It's pretty simple to me.

F
Rookie
Rookie
F
it was all a lie that pft ran with then it made it's way to national media,check out broncofreaks.com,,,it really is pretty funny,they all got had

C
Rookie
Rookie
C
BroncoFreaks.com was actually the original source for this rumor. I think it's really funny that Yahoo Sports and PFT even referenced it.

That's like one of us coming up with some trade we made for Adrian Peterson in exchange for Braylon Edwards and it actually getting national attention...

Oh, what the heck - my sources tell me that the Browns have agreed to send DA and Edwards to Minnesota in exchange for Adrian Peterson. You heard it here first

Go Browns!!

RIP RK
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Broncos QB Cutler miffed at the team after trade talks surface

Link Copied to Clipboard