Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
All Pro
All Pro
R
from what I remember Dallas doesnt have a first round pick this year...I dont think I let Braylon go without atleast getting a 1st or 2 2nds THIS YEAR....if we are going to clean house and rebuild...IMO Mangini should start and start HARD this year

F
All Pro
All Pro
F
They got Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton and Jason Whitten, they don't need Crabtree too. You need to remember that was the old regime with Phil Savage. Doesn't mean that Mankok has that same relationship with Jerry Jones.

I don't think they even need to replace Owens, just get his attitude washed out of their locker room.

And I can't think of a team that would go after him. My first thought is Oakland, but they've already been down that road with Moss and that didn't turn out.

The Giants maybe. Simply because the rivalry between the Cowboys and Giants might add fuel to Owens fire, but I have a hard time seeing Coughlin putting up with much of Owens' attitude after all that has happened with Burress. I can honestly say I can't think of a team that would want him with his type of attitude.

The Vikings maybe? They lost out on the Housh sweepstakes and Childress has worked with him before.

I don't see NE going after him. That would be too many egos and not enough footballs to go around.

And the next head coach is ......
Legend
Legend
j/c

Dang, I forgot about their Roy Williams trade. That was probably a dumb move. Oh well, not my team to worry about.

And after looking at their depth chart, outside of Ware and Newman, I don't really want anything from them from the defensive side of the ball. And they aren't trading either of those two.

I could see T.O. in NY or Minnesota. He'll get signed, that's a guarantee.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
F
Legend
Legend
F
Was TO been much of an issue in Dallas last year? I don't recall much hoopla, unless Ocho Cincos ego was just overshadowing any TO antics.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Just announced that Safety Roy Williams was released. No link yet.

Two big moves by the Cowboys in less than a day. Something is up in big D.

Two years, 16 million dollars, with only 5 of it guaranteed, I would sign TO. His ability is unmatched. So is his head, but I would take the chance. JJ may or may not return so the idea of a better WR to pair on opposite sides with BE presents a lot of match-up problems.

I know I'm gonna get blasted for this. JMHO

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
There is absolutely no good that could come from signing TO.

you had a good run Hank.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Quote:

Just announced that Safety Roy Williams was released. No link yet.

Two big moves by the Cowboys in less than a day. Something is up in big D.

Two years, 16 million dollars, with only 5 of it guaranteed, I would sign TO. His ability is unmatched. So is his head, but I would take the chance. JJ may or may not return so the idea of a better WR to pair on opposite sides with BE presents a lot of match-up problems.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3954441

I'm in the minority, but I would pick up either one of these guys without much thought. Both are extremely talented and I'm pretty tired of losing.

Edit: Plus I've been a huge TO fan for years.

Last edited by TripleOption; 03/05/09 12:19 PM.
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Everyone said this last time and it proved untrue, so who knows...but I think T.O. may be handcuffed to the one year deal.

If this was last offseason - i.e. we thought we had a chance to win some games - I'd ink him to a year.

Legend
Legend
j/c

Is Roy Williams worth the money to bring in as our starting safety?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I'm in the minority, but I would pick up either one of these guys without much thought. Both are extremely talented and I'm pretty tired of losing.

Edit: Plus I've been a huge TO fan for years.

Roy Williams is only talented in hitting guys...he cannot cover and is almost always out of position. He was even benched for 3rd down plays because he was so awful. At this point, he is a big name only.

TO, on the other hand, still has considerable skills, but comes with even more baggage. We are in no position to handle him and he wouldn't want to come to us anyway (small market, struggling team, unsure at QB).

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

j/c

Good God no.

Well...unless you like watching your safety getting burnt.

you had a good run Hank.
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Our biggest downfall last year was not having JJ on the field, especially as a go to on 3rd down. RAC and company seemed to want to shy away from really using KW2 that much either so...

Your a defensive coordinator. Braylon on one end, TO on the other. You can't double down on BE anymore because for damn sure TO can burn you. Can't double him either. Yes, before someone says it I get these are the two leaders in dropped passes in the NFL, but worrying about to big play receivers opens up so much on the run game, and at some point you do get that open shot down field with big reward.

How do you defend those two, and JL inside the redzone? I think its worth the gamble, headcase or not

E
Legend
Legend
E
Wow...loads of responses on this.

Just read the first couple and figure the tone of the thread. Just some Notes on the subject.

1. Talent wise - Nobody can make a just argument that he is not a "GREAT TALENT" regardless of how many drops you look up.

2. He was not released cause his talent didn't add up to the money. For all of those who are remotely thinking "We have to get that guy"
Remember - the Cowboys released this GREAT TALENT not to SAVE MONEY but even at the expense of sucking up 9 mil in their CAP!!!

Big time statement...Lets see how much Devil Moves Drew can pull on this one!

I got a feeling TO is going to have to sign a ONE YEAR Show me contract somewhere. NY...lol I'd love to see Coughlin's face blow up after glowing bright red several times a year

The days of the tempermental ME ME I hope are at an end.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Our biggest downfall last year was not having JJ on the field, especially as a go to on 3rd down. RAC and company seemed to want to shy away from really using KW2 that much either so...

Your a defensive coordinator. Braylon on one end, TO on the other. You can't double down on BE anymore because for damn sure TO can burn you. Can't double him either. Yes, before someone says it I get these are the two leaders in dropped passes in the NFL, but worrying about to big play receivers opens up so much on the run game, and at some point you do get that open shot down field with big reward.

How do you defend those two, and JL inside the redzone? I think its worth the gamble, headcase or not

Worth the gamble for what? 8 wins?

No, sorry, I want to build a team, not a one year feel good team then we suck again. TO is a team destroyer and every team he has left has been better for not having him the next year. I cannot think of any reason he would be good on a rebuilding team.

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

j/c

How about ILB?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/03/new_york_giants_not_interested.html

New York Giants not interested in Terrell Owens
by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger
Thursday March 05, 2009, 9:57 AM
Howard Smith/US PresswireOwens will surely hear from a few teams. But the Giants won't be one of them.
We know what you're thinking: the Giants are without one of the top receivers in the league right now, so why not sign Terrell Owens now that he's been cut by the Cowboys?

Forget it.

According to somone familiar with the team's thinking, it's not happening. They don't want anything to do with him. Not today. Not tomorrow. And from the sound of it, not even if Plaxico Burress goes to jail.

Forget it.

MG

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Not convinced we ARE rebuilding, but rather adding better pieces. I see us drafting defense in round one, and a RB in round two, and if the rumor is correct on the K2 deal, that second 2nd round pick is a Safety.

Take a look at our schedule this upcoming year. IMO the weakest division in the AFC, and the weakest one in the NFC. We are farbetter off than the Bengals, and the Ravens are not that superior (will not talk about the Steelers) I EXPECT at least 8 wins with the team we have right now. Four more is possible on top of that, and no I am not smoking crack or being a homer

And I remind you a 9-7 team was within two minutes of a Super Bowl win this year.

Everyone can complain about things, I just presented solutions. Its better than doing nothing. Maybe like Eo said the ME ME is over and this is the ego blow that motivates TO.

Give me a red zone solution that works and I am all ears

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pencil the Raidas in for TO..

J
Legend
Legend
J
Quote:

Plus I've been a huge TO fan for years.

So you are a big fan of an asshat who is a disruption to the team and negatively impacts the team dynamic on every team he goes to. To the point where, despite all his talent, he is released from each one of these teams due to his attitude and behavior.

I'll never understand people who are a "big fan" of this kind of player, or people who support it and actually WANT him on their team. Interesting, I don't get it, but it's curious alright.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Pencil the Raidas in for TO..

Whether the Raiders want T.O. or not is another question......but I don't see Owens being stupid enough to think the Raiders would be a good fit for him (or any WR right now). He'll find a contender to sign him to a 1-year deal. Unless he gets all depressed and retires.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

So you are a big fan of an asshat who is a disruption to the team and negatively impacts the team dynamic on every team he goes to. To the point where, despite all his talent, he is released from each one of these teams due to his attitude and behavior.

Personally I'm a huge fan of it...so long as he's not on my team.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Raiders are a fit for him because they take clowns like that all the time..
And TO with his twisted mind isn't going to get a deal from a contender who needs peace in their camp..
TO is the farthest thing from a team player.

Legend
Legend
Actually, the Chicago sports talk shows are going nuts for T.O. right now. They haven't really had a receiving threat like T.O. since..........uhh........Muhsin Muhammad in 2004. And don't say Devin Hester, he's a go route only guy. And half of Hester's big plays are on defensive pass interference calls.

Anyway, Minnesota and Chicago look like decent targets for T.O.

Latest talk is T.O. to Arizona. Why? Then they can trade Boldin out of town. Something to think about.

Of course, someone should remind those teams of the obvious:

[Linked Image]

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

roscoe...I agree, we don't need any malcontents in the locker room.

My point was, "who" has a WR of Owens talent they may be willing to part ways with?

Sorry for the confusion, my response was just in general...I only replied to you cause you were the last post.......

[Linked Image]
"Winning is not a some time thing, it's an all the time thing" ....-Lombardi-
C
Poser
Poser
C
Mac, you don't want malcontents in the locker room, yet you have been advocating kissing Rogers' butt and keeping him in Cleveland.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oh I know the Bear fans might want it..but how long U think TO will go before he goes off on the Bears QB???
This is the problem no matter where he goes..it's a matter of when not if he becomes a malcontent cancer.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Mac, you don't want malcontents in the locker room, yet you have been advocating kissing Rogers' butt and keeping him in Cleveland.

What problems did Rogers cause in the locker room or within the team last year ??

C
Poser
Poser
C
I like how you narrowed it down so that you could get the answer you wanted.

Rogers was a malcontent that caused problems in the locker room in Detroit. He also is causing problems this off season. Last year, there were none you are completely correct....but I don't put one season in a vacuum....I look at the entire career of a player. If we went by one season, then DA is headed for the HOF.

J
Legend
Legend
J
Quote:

If we went by one season, then DA is headed for the HOF.

You mean half a season.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Oh I know the Bear fans might want it..but how long U think TO will go before he goes off on the Bears QB???
This is the problem no matter where he goes..it's a matter of when not if he becomes a malcontent cancer.

they're talking about it here.

won't happen.

owens is not going to a team that has kyle orton as their qb.

like muhsin muhammed said, leaving chicago, that's where wide recievers go to die.

i was talking with my cousin about it, and narrowed it down to about 13-14 teams.

sadly, i think baltimore would be a good fit for them. there is a ton of leadership in that locker room. they'd have a nice core of receivers.

A
Alpoe19 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
I was thinking Washington as well. You know T.O. would love to stay in the NFC East.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
ESPN was talking about Washington, and they said that they were emphatically not interested in T.O.

The more interesting release from the Cowboys is that they released Roy Williams. He'd be a good safety, but he's not a cover corner.

KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Unfortunately, I agree with LBJ that Baltimore is a soft landing spot for T.O. I would've gone with Washington, but they put the kibosh on that one.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"One man's Bum is another man's Hobo" - Waterdawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I can't say I've had a prouder Cleveland sports fan moment then seeing this sign in the Cleveland stands on National TV. Sad? Maybe.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Baltimore may still be a little miffed about their aborted T.O. trade before he went to Philly.

D
1st String
1st String
D
ROY WILLIAMS IS NOT A GOOD SAFETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me repeat this so everyone hears this....

ROY WILLIAMS IS NOT A GOOD SAFETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way he can salvage his career is to become a linebacker is a Tampa two system. Roy can not cover anyone. He is worse than Sean Jones. If he were any good, the Cowboys would not have cut him.

As for T.O. the only teams I think will take a hard look at signing him would be Jags, Ravens, and Jets.

Just the dawg in me..........
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Baltimore may still be a little miffed about their aborted T.O. trade before he went to Philly.

Dont forget Harbaugh was in Philly with TO as well.

Balt. has publicly said they are not interested....as well as Washington....

Cowboys.
Eagles
Giants.
Redskins.
Ravens.
49ers.
Vikings.
Falcons.
Browns.
Chargers.
Jets.
Titans.
Rams.

I think thats the list of NOT INTERESTED TEAMS on record.

HACK

[Linked Image]
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Where the heck is Jeff Garcia? Maybe the happy couple could team up again?

M
All Pro
All Pro
M
The odds from bodog.com

Oakland Raiders 7/2
Washington Redskins 4/1
New York Jets 6/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 13/2
New England Patriots 13/2
Tennessee Titans 13/2
Miami Dolphins 8/1
Philadelphia Eagles 50/1
Field (any other team) 5/2

Giants, Dolphins and 9ers, as Steelhack said, are officially "off the table."

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"One man's Bum is another man's Hobo" - Waterdawg
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

The odds from bodog.com

Philadelphia Eagles 50/1

I love that they put them on there. Why not just put Dallas in that list too then?

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum T. Owens released by Cowboys

Link Copied to Clipboard