Dawg Talker
D
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

TMT ABS
KILLER ABS

???

What are these Devil? I'm done with my first 90 days in Classic...want to up the intensity next go around.

TMT is Ten Minute Trainer Abs and Killer Abs is from Tony's "One on One" series.

I'm bummed because I couldn't do yoga last night. The night before I injured my back with, get this 7.5 lbs, doing discus throws during Abs/Core+. This was AFTER doing a set of tricep dips with 160 lbs lying in my lap for dips between benches during the Shoulders & Arms workout. I guess the little weights are an issue for me.

I'm gonna try weightless legs & back tonight and will be mighty upset if I have to shut this down with a little over two weeks to the completion of round 2.

[Linked Image from media.scout.com]
F
Legend
Legend
F
I got the Ten Minute Trainer for my wife, although she hasn't used it yet.

I will sometimes do a set from it when I am tight on time and can't get to the gym or something. It is a decent workout for 10 minutes, and there is NO breaks between exercises, just bang bang bang,

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So I'm guessing that no one is using any of the supplements since my question seems to be ignored.

For anyone considering it, I found a cheaper workaround on the beachbody site where you mix protein with powerade and can use that. I've been using powerade zero + a scoop of protein as the recovery drink.

[Linked Image from i45.tinypic.com]
CDawg #370334 07/05/09 04:13 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Week 1 down and so far, so good.

It was tough, no doubt, but I felt good afterwards. I like the balance between building your muscles and cardio/balance as I was missing that 2nd part from my previous routines.

Here's to the start of week 2!

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I'm BAAAACK !!!

Destroyed chest, shoulders & tri's (with two bonus rounds) along with ARX & Cardio X for a triple workout.

Back is feeling MUCH better as week 12 starts with a BANG !!! Injured it doing discus throws (P90X Abs/Core+ DVD) with 7.5 lb dumbbells, believe it or not. Kind of embarrassing when I'm putting 160-200 lbs of barbell plates in my lap to do dips between benches and I get sidetracked by a 7.5 lb dumbbell.

Thirteen days until I'm a 2X P90X grad.

BRING IT, peeps !!!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Nicely done Devil. About to begin round 2 this afternoon. Still in the air if I want to do that P90X+ schedule you posted a few posts earlier, or do the regular P90X doubles. Or do the P90X + and incorporate the doubles routine (the morning quick exercise) when I have time - a hybrid if you will.

[Linked Image from sternfannetwork.com]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Into week 2 here and it's getting a tad easier the 2nd week. If nothing else I kind of know what to expect going into the discs.

So far I think plyo is the hardest. Reminded me of basketball camp many years ago... lol

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I've decided with the release of "Insanity" yesterday that I will be doing a third round of P90X and will finish the year with a round of Insanity.

I will be adding extra weight work with the Insanity workout.

By my calculations, that will have me finishing a whole year of Beachbody programs on Christmas Eve.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Saturday will be the end of round 2 for me. I'll have weight & measurements posted then.

That will also be a LONG awaited cheat day as the girlfriend and myself will be heading to Five Guys Burgers & Fries in the Boardman/Youngstown area. I've heard good things about the place so I said "what the heck." I may have to even get a 6 pack of Leinenkugel's.

I will start round 3 on Sunday 7/26. This will most likely be a P90X hybrid with regular X, P90X Plus and Insanity mixed in.

Hope everyone is still bringing it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Saturday will be the end of round 2 for me. I'll have weight & measurements posted then.

That will also be a LONG awaited cheat day as the girlfriend and myself will be heading to Five Guys Burgers & Fries in the Boardman/Youngstown area. I've heard good things about the place so I said "what the heck." I may have to even get a 6 pack of Leinenkugel's.

I will start round 3 on Sunday 7/26. This will most likely be a P90X hybrid with regular X, P90X Plus and Insanity mixed in.

Hope everyone is still bringing it.

Great job man! My work has been busting my hump but still bringing it... just some days i get home and have to go right to bed and dont have time but i make sure that if i do have time, im doing this

#gmstrong
gage #370341 07/18/09 11:41 AM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Day 180 and round 2 of P90X is complete. Here's the numbers...

Day 1

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 288 lbs
Bodyfat %- 34%
Chest: 55 inches
Biceps: 19 inches
Waist: 48 inches
Thigh: 30 inches
Calf: 18 inches

Day 90....

Wt: 246 lbs
Bodyfat %- 13.8%
Chest: 48 inches
Biceps: 18 inches
Waist: 35 inches
Thigh: 26 inches
Calf: 16 inches

Day 180

Wt: 226 lbs
Bodyfat %- 8.9%
Chest: 49 inches
Biceps: 18 inches
Waist: 31 inches
Thigh: 27 inches
Calf: 17.5 inches

I dropped 20 lbs and roughly 5% bodyfat this round. I also lost 4 more inches off my waist. Total loss to date is 62 lbs and a little over 25% bodyfat. I can also fit into a size 31 jean.

To step back and reevaluate this, I do realize that from here on out, the gains will be slow and likely minimal. I will constantly need to tweak the program to motivate myself to new levels.

A valuable lesson that I learned this round is that, although I love the intensity and calorie burn it brings, weighted vest plyo is not such a good idea. The vest doesn't put the torque on my knees that I thought it would but it plays havoc on the lower back and internal organs. Highly doubt I'll be doing it again.

To raise intensity and prep myself for the 60 day Shaun T "Insanity" program, I will be doing a P90X "hybrid' this round. I will likely drop regular Plyo X and replace it with Insanity "Plyo/Cardio" 2-3 times per week in a doubles rotation. The weight workouts will stay the same with Kenpo/Cardio X+ (from P90X Plus) and Fountain of Youth yoga (One on One series) replacing the original P90X versions.

I will start round 3 next Sunday.

Legend
Legend
Very Impressive Devil Dawg! You have to be feeling great about your results and hard work!

I'm really thinking about starting this program.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Quote:

Very Impressive Devil Dawg! You have to be feeling great about your results and hard work!

I'm really thinking about starting this program.

It's been a fun ride but I'm always interested in improvement. If you're interested in the program and have questions, shoot me a pm.

H
2nd String
2nd String
H
Seriously??? You lost 17 inches in your waist in 6 months? That's pretty dang impressive. This is the first time I've clicked on tis thread and I have no idea what p90x is. Are you serious about your results? That sounds pretty dang incredible.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I am finishing up week 3 of my first go w/ p90x and so far, so good. I like the variety of the workouts - one day you'll do more strength building and the next is more cardio/balance type workouts.

I'll report some results when I finish my first go but it's looking good.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Quote:

Seriously??? You lost 17 inches in your waist in 6 months? That's pretty dang impressive. This is the first time I've clicked on tis thread and I have no idea what p90x is. Are you serious about your results? That sounds pretty dang incredible.

Serious as a heart attack. I've been very militant with my nutrition and have only postponed one or two wokouts due to injury/sickness. If you follow this program to the letter, I GUARANTEE that you will get serious results.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Metallica's "Kill Em All".....$13.99

Megadeth's "Peace Sells...." $13.99

Destroying P90X Chest & Back, while listening to some old school metal, in the mega psychotic fashion that I've become accustomed....PRICELESS

Love ya Tony Horton but last nights instructors were named Mustaine & Hetfield.

Keep bringing it, peeps !!! Round 3 off with a sonic BOOM!!! Goal is 215 lbs at 6.5-7% bodyfat.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
First 30 days done and happy to report down 7lbs and feeling great.

CDawg #370349 07/30/09 11:34 AM
G
All Pro
All Pro
G
Nice!

It's a great program - i can't say enough about it.

G
All Pro
All Pro
G
omg - i had to post again right away...couldn't leave my number of posts at 666! lol

J
Legend
Legend
J
LOL, we had a lady at a place I used to work who would always pay her monthly bill for one dollar more or one dollar less and we wondered why. We came to realize it was because the last 3 numbers of the dollar amount were 666.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The last 3 digits of my mom's bank account are "666"

F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

The last 3 digits of my mom's bank account are "666"

That's interesting....Wonder if the rest of the numbers equate to anything, you should post them so we can check.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Will be finishing up my first round of p90x in a week or so. I've been very good at doing all workouts. Nutrition has been good for the most part.

I'm debating between doing another round of p90x (this time stronger and know what I'm doing) or trying out insanity, also from beachbody. For sake of changing it up, might go w/ insanity.

Any thoughts out there?

CDawg #370355 09/23/09 03:44 PM
G
All Pro
All Pro
G
After completing P90X Classic three times (starting in June 2008), I began Insanity last week. I had AMAZING results from P90X, but Insanity is a whole new monster - it's insane cardio! Now I look back and laugh at the fact that I thought PlyoX was challenging. lol

I think Insanity is a great follow-up to P90X since I have great muscle tone already, and now I feel like this cardio will fine tune my abs. My kids told me the other day I have a 4 pack...lol...getting there!!!

Anyway, I say try Insanity, then maybe go back to P90X. That's my plan, finish these 60 days, then take a week off and do P90X again.

I turned 45 this month and people tell me I have the body if a 25 year old. It's a great feeling!

Legend
Legend
Dang, I wish I was right there with you. After my first completed round, I decided to rest for a week before going to round two. That one week turned into two weeks. No biggie....I started back up and then blew my right wrist up while skateboarding in a pool at a Chicago skatepark. I couldn't do a pushup for 2 weeks. So that was another two weeks down. And now my new project at work is keeping me an hour or two late each day. Its hard to find the time now. I still sneak in 3-4 workouts a week, but it's hard to get 6.

I need to wake my sh...stuff up. I miss cranking out 85 pullups in a workout. I could probably only do 40 now.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
G
All Pro
All Pro
G
With the weather cooling off, now is the perfect time to jump back into it! Time to start pushing play again.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

After completing P90X Classic three times (starting in June 2008), I began Insanity last week. I had AMAZING results from P90X, but Insanity is a whole new monster - it's insane cardio! Now I look back and laugh at the fact that I thought PlyoX was challenging. lol

I think Insanity is a great follow-up to P90X since I have great muscle tone already, and now I feel like this cardio will fine tune my abs. My kids told me the other day I have a 4 pack...lol...getting there!!!

Anyway, I say try Insanity, then maybe go back to P90X. That's my plan, finish these 60 days, then take a week off and do P90X again.

I turned 45 this month and people tell me I have the body if a 25 year old. It's a great feeling!

Good stuff GB!!! Congrats and keep up the great work.

Thanks for the advice too. I think I might try Insanity for the sake of changing it up. Basically create a p90x + Insanity cycle (until they come out w/ a new program).

I have to say, beachbody creates good products. I was incredibly pessimistic about ordering something I've seen being pushed on infomercials, but they put out good quality work.

CDawg #370359 09/23/09 08:14 PM
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
don't bother with p90x/insanity hybrid, just get insanity deluxe and it will be all you need..trust me..i could do any of the workouts for p90x as a recovery from insanity. I love the weight training video that comes with the deluxe...the first month is hard getting used to all new moves, but the workouts are short..then you get a full recovery week, the second month is all max versions of what you've been doing..and let me tell you, they freakin kick your butt. I have about 2 weeks left till i'm done with my insanity cycle, so far i've dropped almost 4% BF, i didn't think i HAD 4% to drop..lol.. Insanity is the best workout beachbody has right now...and this coming from some one who's done 3 cycles of p90x and 2 cycles of p90x+

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
G
All Pro
All Pro
G
I didn't know there was a deluxe version of Insanity! These workouts are the hardest I have ever done - that's for sure.

Agree on the beachbody products. I've used Hip Hop Abs as well as a couple of the Kathy Smith dvd's. And of course p90x and insanity - never disappointed.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

don't bother with p90x/insanity hybrid, just get insanity deluxe and it will be all you need..trust me..i could do any of the workouts for p90x as a recovery from insanity. I love the weight training video that comes with the deluxe...the first month is hard getting used to all new moves, but the workouts are short..then you get a full recovery week, the second month is all max versions of what you've been doing..and let me tell you, they freakin kick your butt. I have about 2 weeks left till i'm done with my insanity cycle, so far i've dropped almost 4% BF, i didn't think i HAD 4% to drop..lol.. Insanity is the best workout beachbody has right now...and this coming from some one who's done 3 cycles of p90x and 2 cycles of p90x+

exactly what I needed to know!! Thanks!!!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Are you talking about this workout:

http://www.super-fit.com/insanity.html

There is no deluxe on the name - want to be sure we are talking apples and apples....

[Linked Image from sternfannetwork.com]
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
CDawg #370364 10/22/09 01:13 PM
G
All Pro
All Pro
G
Quote:

Quote:

Good stuff GB!!! Congrats and keep up the great work.

Thanks for the advice too. I think I might try Insanity for the sake of changing it up. Basically create a p90x + Insanity cycle (until they come out w/ a new program).

I have to say, beachbody creates good products. I was incredibly pessimistic about ordering something I've seen being pushed on infomercials, but they put out good quality work.

Hey CDawg...was just wondering if you had started INSANITY?

If so I wanted to give you a heads up on the first workout in week 6 - right after the recovery week. You do the Fit Test followed by Max Interval Circuit, which is another 60 minutes. I'm telling you that was the hardest workout I've ever done. Pretty much 90 minutes of craziness. I burned 768 calories.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Hey CDawg...was just wondering if you had started INSANITY?

If so I wanted to give you a heads up on the first workout in week 6 - right after the recovery week. You do the Fit Test followed by Max Interval Circuit, which is another 60 minutes. I'm telling you that was the hardest workout I've ever done. Pretty much 90 minutes of craziness. I burned 768 calories.

I am into week 2. And the first week kicked my butt. WOW.

Feeling good though - feel lighter and getting better each day. Thanks for the headsup.

CDawg #370366 10/22/09 02:43 PM
G
All Pro
All Pro
G
That's awesome. Wait until you see your Fit Test numbers go up each time. It's really fun to see and very motivating. In month 2 the dvds are all longer. Today's was about 47 min and besides the break after the "warm-up" you get no break, just like Pure Cardio.

I loved P90X and will definitely do it again, but i think Insanity is doing way more for my entire body.

Good luck and keep up the good work!!!!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

That's awesome. Wait until you see your Fit Test numbers go up each time. It's really fun to see and very motivating. In month 2 the dvds are all longer. Today's was about 47 min and besides the break after the "warm-up" you get no break, just like Pure Cardio.

I loved P90X and will definitely do it again, but i think Insanity is doing way more for my entire body.

Good luck and keep up the good work!!!!

So far, I would agree. I think insanity gets your body conditioned and burns serious calories. p90x did the same but not quite as intense and I think it has a more muscle building focus. I wasn't sure if I'd like the focus on cardio as I am trying to build more muscle mass too, but I do like this insanity. I'm sweating like I did when I used to play soccer and basketball in high school which was a few years ago. lol. Didn't think I'd get my heart pumping this much ever again to be honest. I wear a heart rate monitor and even during the stretching I'm in my zone.

For just an overall body workout/conditioning, I think insanity is a great option. For a focus on muscle building, I think p90x is a great option.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum p90x Thread Cont.

Link Copied to Clipboard