Page 1 of 2 1 2
#390387 06/17/09 08:33 AM
B
bigf00t Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
B
Simple question: would you want Brandon Marshall as a brown?

Seems like McDaniels continues to tick players off. Marshall has requested a trade. So would you want this guy as a member of the browns. No doubt, he is a good player and can actually catch the ball. Off the field, he is an idiot. So right there, i don't think he fits the criteria of what Mangini and Kokinis are looking for in a player.

When ESPN first reported he was on the market- they stated the going price of a first and third- like the Williams deal to Dallas. (Never mind that Braylon wasn't perceived to be worth that much- and his off the field issues are next to non-existant). That seems a bit steep for a player who can't keep himself out of trouble.

In the end, i would not be interested in this guy. He seems like a clone of Pacman- talented but always in the news doing something stupid.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
No thanks.

You already nailed it...he simply and clearly does not fit what we are trying to build here.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
In spite of all the talent, I don't see how our new regime could possibly risk this idiot's off the field issues.

After all, there are plenty of women and McDonalds wrappers in Cleveland too.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We don't need headlines like "Browns player beats wife"

Take a pass on that one.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
2nd String
2nd String
I'll pass. . .

Side note, anyone ever tell Braylon about this stuff called stickum? Maybe he could dip his hands in honey before each offensive series?

F
All Pro
All Pro
F
No Thanks.

And the next head coach is ......
J
Legend
Legend
J
Here is a link to an article on it, just in case somebody might decide to boot this because there isn't one:

Broncos aware of trade request reportComment Email Print Share By Bill Williamson
ESPN.com

Adam Schefter, who will join ESPN in August, reported Monday on KOA in Denver that Marshall requested the trade during a meeting Friday.

Marshall's agent, Kennard McGuire, confirmed that to ESPN's Michael Smith on Tuesday: "There was a meeting with Mr. Bowlen and Brandon did ask to be traded. He was told by ownership that the team would do everything in its power to accommodate those wishes. We do feel that a change of scenery is not only important but necessary."

According to a source, Smith reported, Marshall has met with Bowlen more than once in the past week and on both occasions expressed his desire to be dealt.

McGuire had no comment on the number of meetings that took place.

Marshall posted a message Tuesday on his blog making it explicitly clear he expects to be somewhere other than Denver before the season starts.

"To whom it may concern. Life is filled with change, and where I am in my life now change is probably best. It's hard leaving an organization ran by one of the best owners in all of sports, and someone who's been there for me through my ups and downs. The hardest thing was hearing Mr. B wish me luck in the future, but we both came to the conclusion that this is probably the best thing for me to grow on and off the field.

"I thank the Denver fans who embraced my emotion and play on the field and showing me love every time I step outside my door."

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels would not say whether Marshall requested a trade, but he told ESPN's Ed Werder on Tuesday that internal meetings conducted after the holdout receiver's discussions with Bowlen suggest Denver plans to keep the player.

"We met after Pat's meeting with Brandon Marshall, and we've decided that we will continue to have a dialogue with Brandon and his representative, but we are looking forward to having Brandon at training camp," McDaniels said to Werder.

Marshall skipped Denver's mandatory minicamp Friday through Sunday. He is protesting because he has medical trust issues and he also wants a pay raise. Marshall's contract expires after next season.

The receiver had hip surgery in March and won't be able to practice until training camp starts late next month. Still, he was required to rehabilitate at the facility during minicamp. Denver can fine him for missing the sessions.

Marshall is entering his fourth season and made his first Pro Bowl in 2008. He has had back-to-back 100-plus catch seasons.

The Marshall situation is another issue for McDaniels. The former New England offensive coordinator took over in the offseason for Mike Shanahan, who was fired after 14 years with the Broncos.

McDaniels' tenure in Denver got off to a rocky start when Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler was traded to Chicago. The saga began when Cutler caught wind that the new coach was considering trading him in a package for Matt Cassel, who starred for McDaniels in New England last season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4261327

N
Legend
Legend
N
I love this kid's talent...no doubt. he's TO in his prime.

unfortunately, the game doesn't stop on the field....especially for him as he may have a suspension looming....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-broncos-marshall&prov=ap&type=lgns

In a posting on his blog Tuesday that was titled “Clearing the Air,” Marshall wrote: “Life is filled with change, and where I am in my life now change is probably best. It’s hard leaving an organization ran (sic) by one of the best owners in all of sports, and someone who’s been there for me through my ups and downs.

“The hardest thing was hearing Mr. B wish me luck in the future, but we both came to the conclusion that this is probably the best thing for me to grow on and off the field,” Marshall continued. “I thank the Denver fans who embraced my emotion and play on the field and (for) showing me love every time I step outside my door.”

Also, Marshall’s agent, Kennard McGuire, told FOX31-TV in Denver on Tuesday that “Mr. Bowlen has said that ownership will do everything in its power to accommodate his wishes” for a trade.

#gmstrong
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
I'm going to take the opposite stance on this one...and with one condition.

Brandon Marshall wants a new contract. We state, as we put it in the contract, and this gets negotiated in the contract before we pull the trigger to make the trade...

If you get suspended or arrested, you lose a significant amount of money AND you will be subject to discipline not only by the league, but by the team (including community service hours designated by team officials).

STallworth may not be available, and Braylon...well I just dont trust him. I think he's too likely to shut off, and he's too likely to fall into what we saw last year. What if coach starts benching him? Last year he said it was very obvious Cleveland fans didnt want him here and blah blah blah, what if he starts saying things like its very obvious coach doesnt want me here blah blah blah, and he's still dropping balls.

I'd take a chance on him, maybe a trade including Braylon. That seems steep, but its because I dont trust Braylon, and its looking more and more like Stallworth is going to be able to play (while prolly not for the first 6-10 games).

People grow up, but I appreciate Brandon Marshall's attitude on the field. He said that he wanted to catch 160 balls last year, and his first move was to go catch 18 in week 2 (his first game). He actually gets his hands on the ball and keeps them there, and he plays hard every play.

Sure he brings some baggae but maybe a change of scenery and a Mangini would do well for this guy. Give him a fresh start AND give him a disciplinarian coach....Think Randy Moss transformation

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Rumors be a swirling.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I agree

I'd do a BE for BM in a heart beat, Too bad we both couldnt do a sign & trade reciever for reciever.

D
1st String
1st String
D
Quote:

No doubt, he is a good player and can actually catch the ball.

He was third in the league in dropped passes last year.

Every Cleveland fan is a diehard fan...everyone else quit watching
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Rumors be a swirling.

That they are.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

No doubt, he is a good player and can actually catch the ball.

He was third in the league in dropped passes last year.

and 3rd in receptions (2nd over the last 2 years)

he was the #1 WR in targets last year (catching 60% of them which is right in line with Larry Fitzgerald who was at 63%)

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2345/Denver-has-relied-on-Marshall.html

for instance, when we played them Cutler went to Marshall 3 times in a row in the endzone. the first 2 he was completely covered (and almost made the 2nd catch that was deemed a drop). he caught the third for a TD.

yes, he will drop the occasional ball (as I mentioned above), but he has much better hands than Braylon.

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Let's see... a guy who drops almost as many balls as BE but whose off-field issues make Braylon look like a choir boy? Nah... I can't see Mangini going for that.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Let's see... a guy who drops almost as many balls as BE but whose off-field issues make Braylon look like a choir boy? Nah... I can't see Mangini going for that.

this is just not correct....

Marshall caught 60% of the balls thrown his way and he was #1 in the NFL for targets (which meant the defense KNEW he was going to get them).

Fitzgerald caught 63% of the balls thrown his way (and I don't think anyone will say he has bad hands).

Edwards caught 40% of the 138 targets thrown to him....that would be worst in the NFL for WR's over 100 targets. Edwards was bad last year and yes the QBs get some of that blame as well.

#gmstrong
N
Legend
Legend
N
just to be clear.....i was only defending his talent on the field.

i want no part of his off the field behavior and his transgressions are not going away (he has had more this offseason)

#gmstrong
N
Legend
Legend
N
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=4216417&type=story

Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at the University of Central Florida, Brandon Marshall faced misdemeanor charges of trespass, resisting arrest without violence, disorderly conduct, refusal to obey and assault on a police officer after an argument with an off-duty Florida Highway Patrol officer turned heated at an Orlando Denny's restaurant. According to the off-duty officer, Marshall, who'd been asked to leave the restaurant for creating a disturbance, accused the officer and the restaurant manager of being "racist," threatened to sue Denny's and the Florida Highway Patrol and said he was "a star and a well-known athlete." Marshall screamed profanities and locked his fists as if he were preparing to strike the officer, according to the report. The charges were later dismissed.

April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets, valued at $19.99, to a Burlington Coat Factory, according to a police report of the incident. The charge was later dropped.

April 2006: Marshall was drafted by the Broncos in the fourth round of the NFL draft, No. 119 overall.

June 17, 2006: Conflicting police reports from Marshall and Rasheedah Watley were filed with the Orange County, Fla., Sheriff's Department. Marshall told police that Watley became violent after seeing him earlier that evening as the object of another woman's affection. Marshall described Watley to police as an old family friend and told police that Watley punched him and scratched his chest after an argument inside the couple's Orlando apartment spiraled out of control. Watley, who filed a police report by phone from Atlanta three days after the incident, told Florida police that Marshall was the aggressor, and that he slapped her in the face, grabbed her by the arms and pushed her to the ground, and that Marshall's sister, London, who was also present during the fight, cut Watley above her eye by throwing a cell phone or remote control at her face. No charges were ever filed.

Dec. 31, 2006: Marshall and several Broncos teammates were present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in Denver's LoDo section, as part of a birthday celebration for Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. Former Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker later told HBO's "Real Sports" that an argument broke out at the club when Marshall and his cousin sprayed champagne on another club patron and his friend. The men, who argued with Marshall and his cousin, were then asked to leave the club, Walker told HBO. Walker admitted he didn't see the encounter. According to media reports, around closing time, Marshall and his cousin were seen on the sidewalk outside the club arguing with the patrons who had been ejected from the club earlier that night. Walker told HBO that he believes the argument contributed to a drive-by shooting a short time later that killed Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams.

Jan. 24, 2007: Police responded to a parking lot outside an Orlando bowling alley where Marshall and his father had a heated argument. According to a police report of the incident, Frederick Marshall said his son took out a handgun and fired one shot at him after the two men argued. Frederick Marshall, who refused to sign a sworn statement or press charges, said his son left the area after firing the handgun. Several witnesses said they never heard gunshots, according to the police report. While officers spoke with Frederick Marshall that evening, Brandon Marshall returned to the parking lot and provided his own statement. Brandon Marshall told police that his father had asked him for money earlier that night and that when he said "no," Frederick Marshall left the bowling alley in anger, broke a beer bottle on Brandon Marshall's vehicle and then tried to run down Brandon Marshall with his car, forcing him to jump between two vehicles in the parking lot to avoid getting hit, according to the report. Frederick Marshall also threatened to "ruin [Brandon's] professional football career," according to the police report. Brandon Marshall also declined to press charges.

March 18, 2007: Atlanta police responded to a domestic dispute call at the Westin Peachtree hotel. Watley told officers that after meeting Marshall at the hotel that night, he became enraged after he went through her cell phone call list and noticed she'd been speaking with an ex-boyfriend. Watley told police Marshall hit her repeatedly with a closed fist. While she refused medical attention, police noticed a large, dark-colored bruise on Watley's chin. Police reported seeing Marshall in the lobby of a neighboring hotel but, according to the report, Marshall left and was not arrested. Police advised Watley to take out a warrant for Marshall's arrest, but Watley never did. No charges were ever filed.

March 21, 2007: Watley filed a report with police in Boca Raton, Fla. Watley and Marshall, who were staying in south Florida with Marshall's uncle, told police that an argument started that night at a local restaurant after Marshall refused to ask Watley to marry him. According to a police report, while Watley was walking home, Marshall grabbed a large pipe from a construction site and hit the ground with it in frustration. Nobody was hurt. Police characterized the incident as a verbal domestic dispute. No charges were filed.

March 26, 2007: Police in Douglas County, Colo., arrested Marshall for false imprisonment and domestic violence. Watley told "Outside the Lines" she was assaulted by Marshall a day earlier at Marshall's suburban Denver home -- she never reported that incident to police -- and that she was attempting to fly back to Atlanta to get away from Marshall. Watley told police she and Marshall argued at the Denver airport and that she later agreed to return to Marshall's home. Watley told police when she attempted to leave Marshall's home a second time, Marshall followed her taxi and, at one point, blocked its path with his Dodge Charger, leapt from his car and punched the taxi cab's windows. When contacted by "Outside the Lines," the cab driver confirmed Watley's version of events. Marshall denied punching the taxi cab's windows and later told police he was only trying to retrieve his cell phone, which he said Watley had taken from him.

May 25, 2007: Charges against Marshall relating to his arrest in Douglas County, Colo., were dismissed after he successfully completed anger management classes.

June 8, 2007: Police responded to Marshall and Watley's Atlanta condo at 5 a.m. and found Watley with a noticeable cut on her right thigh. Watley initially told officers that she accidentally cut herself with a kitchen knife. Watley told the first officer to arrive that while she had argued with Marshall earlier that evening, no physical abuse occurred. Marshall was not present. Roughly an hour later, at 6:07 a.m., police were dispatched to the condo a second time. On this second visit Watley told police that Marshall did indeed cut her thigh with a kitchen knife during a fight earlier that evening and that he later returned to the condo and continued to assault Watley by punching her in the forehead. Watley's friend, Kristeena Spivey, told police that while she was attempting to drive Watley from the condo complex, she noticed Marshall attempting to leave the scene. Spivey, who called 911 to make officers aware of Marshall's whereabouts, said when she attempted to block Marshall's exit from the parking lot with her vehicle, Marshall rammed her car with his Cadillac Escalade and then left his SUV and threw a large rock at the passenger side of Spivey's car. Marshall fled the scene before police arrived, according to Spivey and Watley. Watley was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment. No charges were ever filed.

June 30, 2007: Atlanta police responded to a fight-in-progress call at Marshall and Watley's condo. Watley told police that a fight broke out after Marshall missed a flight and blamed Watley. Watley told police Marshall struck her with a closed fist and choked her. Watley had a bruise on her left eye and noticeable scratches on her body, according to a police report of the incident. Officers made Watley aware of the procedures to obtain a restraining order. No charges were filed.

Oct. 22, 2007: Hours after defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers, Marshall was cited at 2 a.m. by Denver police for driving under the influence after he was seen driving erratically. His blood-alcohol level was 0.116 (the legal limit for DUI in Colorado is 0.08).

Jan. 18, 2008: Watley obtained a temporary protective order against Marshall in Fulton County (Ga.) Superior Court. At the time, Marshall was forbidden to come within 200 yards of Watley. Watley, through her attorneys, eventually agreed to lift the court order.

Feb. 18, 2008: Watley told "Outside the Lines" that as part of a Valentine's Day present, and in an attempt to repair their relationship, Marshall surprised her with a last-minute trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico. While on that trip, Watley said, Marshall argued with her about an ex-boyfriend. Watley said Marshall assaulted her at San Juan's Condado Plaza Hotel, hitting her in the mouth, which caused her to bleed, and choking her on the bed. A report was filed by police saying officers were called to the hotel to help hotel security escort guests from the property. The report does not mention Watley, Marshall or any details of the incident.

March 4, 2008: Police responded around 9 p.m. to a fight call at Marshall and Watley's Atlanta condo and found Marshall bleeding from his hand. Marshall initially told police that during an argument with Watley, one of Watley's sisters cut him on his hand with a knife. When asked by police who had the knife, Marshall then told officers there was no knife, and that he'd been cut on glass during a fight with Watley. Watley told police that Marshall became upset after finding text messages from an ex-boyfriend on Watley's phone. Watley had several cuts on her lips, according to a police report, and told officers that Marshall had grabbed her by the head and slapped her. While police were interviewing Watley, Marshall fled, according to a report of the incident.

March 5, 2008: Police returned to Marshall and Watley's condo around 1 a.m. Watley and her sister both told police that after the fight earlier that same evening, Marshall returned to the condo, took Watley's purse and threw her personal belongings, including clothing, off of the 20th floor balcony. Police told Watley to leave the residence, but she declined and explained that she feared Marshall would return again once officers left and damage more of her property.

March 5, 2008: Watley obtained her second temporary protective order against Marshall in Fulton County Superior Court. Marshall was once again forbidden by the court order to come within 200 yards of Watley.

May 5, 2008: Atlanta police were called once again to the condo Watley shared for more than a year with Marshall. According to a police report, Watley and Marshall's mother argued about Watley's attempt to remove items from the condo. No charges were filed.

Aug. 5, 2008: The NFL released a statement announcing that Marshall would be suspended without pay for the Broncos' first three regular-season games of 2008 for violating the NFL personal conduct policy. The statement noted that "if Marshall fully complies with required counseling and other conditions of the suspension, Commissioner Goodell will consider reducing the suspension to two games."

Aug. 28, 2008: Less than a month after the NFL released a statement announcing Marshall's suspension, the league released another statement saying Marshall's suspension had been reduced upon appeal to one game without pay plus an additional fine of one game check. An NFL spokesman told ESPN "a potential reduction in [Marshall's] initial three-game suspension was always contemplated if he complied with required counseling and other conditions of the suspension." The spokesman would not elaborate on the precise conditions Marshall met to have his suspension reduced.

Sept. 10, 2008: Marshall was charged with two misdemeanor counts of simple battery as a result of the incident the previous March (his formal bond arraignment was Nov. 3, 2008). Simple battery, according to the Fulton County District Attorney's office, is punishable by up to one year in jail and/or a $1,000 fine.

Sept. 12, 2008: Nearly a year after being cited for DUI in Denver, Marshall pleaded guilty to the lesser offense of driving while ability-impaired. He was sentenced to one year of probation.

Feb. 5, 2009: While attending a dinner party in Honolulu as part of his Pro Bowl appearance, Marshall proposed to Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall told the Denver Post he met Nogami-Campbell while the two attended the University of Central Florida. The engagement prompted several sports writers to praise what they characterized as Marshall's maturity.

March 1, 2009: Marshall and his fiancée, Nogami-Campbell, were seen by an off-duty Atlanta police officer arguing outside the same Atlanta condo Marshall once shared with Watley. According to a police report of the incident, the off-duty officer saw Marshall and Nogami-Campbell kicking and punching one another on the sidewalk outside the condo building. The off-duty officer said she saw Marshall grab Nogami-Campbell by the shirt and pin her up against the wall. Nogami-Campbell continued to kick and hit Marshall, the officer said. Both Marshall and Nogami-Campbell were arrested and taken to the Atlanta City Jail. They were released later that same day and charges were dismissed. In a statement to ESPN, the NFL said the incident remains "under review."

John Barr is a reporter in ESPN's Enterprise Unit. He can be reached at jbarr-espn@hotmail.com. ESPN producer Justine Gubar contributed to this report.

#gmstrong
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Didn't he recently have hip surgery too? That worried me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If we trade for Marshall, we better not be giving up much. He can't be relied upon at all.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

just to be clear.....i was only defending his talent on the field.

i want no part of his off the field behavior and his transgressions are not going away (he has had more this offseason)

If our FO shipped out KW2 because he was a bad seed then there's no way they have anything to do with Marshall..... ever....

While he's arguably a top five WR in the NFL, he's not going to be in the NFL much longer. He's as self-destructive as anyone I've seen. No point in renting him a roster spot at any price.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I kinda like the idea of #1BM, #2 BE and slot BR lol

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Throw in a BQ and we have the killer B's lol

S
Legend
Legend
S
Post deleted by Referee 3

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
sounds too much like William Green .......

Legend
Legend
No thanx. It would even be a step down from BE if that was possible. No beaters, pleeze. I DO believe we will need somebody for Stalled when the NFL gets done with him. Dock him for breach of performance; obscene money for the output if last year is all he has. Let him lose a year and use the money to payroll his replacement. Just typing.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
well this could be nothing more than denver creating rumors, to drive up the price for a trade...

suppose the ravens called, and offered something small...well denver wants more so they leak, that another team is interested...and hope the rat's increase there offer...

Attitude is everything....FEAR THE ELF!!!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I can't believe that would be true, especially with what we've been trying to build.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
2nd best receiver in football behind Larry. I can look over those past transgressions. Edwards Marshall and Robiskie puts the Browns in debate with Arizona and the pats for the best group of receivers.

Legend
Legend
I bet the Broncos will trade him to New England and watch Marshall turn into another super star for them!

Although imagine

Braylon, Marshall, Robo, and Mossaqoui all lined up together

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I would take him in a second. This guy is a STUD. IMO, one of the best young receivers in the league.

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
Legend
Legend
Bronco fans are just loving it right now

1.) Fire HOF coach - check
2.) Get rid of franchise QB - check
3.) Try to trade away all star WR - check
4.) Put best TE on trading block - check
5.) Don't improve D line at all - check

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I bet the Broncos will trade him to New England and watch Marshall turn into another super star for them!

Although imagine

Braylon, Marshall, Robo, and Mossaqoui all lined up together

Yeah NE would just gleam all over that..another piece to their weapons..

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yeah NE would just gleam all over that..another piece to their weapons..

If that were to happen I would be beyond convinced that Bill Belicheck sold his soul to the devil!

The only thing Brandon Marshall has ever been convicted of is DUI. However Marshall has had the police called on him at least 5 times for domestic violence.

N
Legend
Legend
N
look at my previous post....

Marshall has been involved in 24 transgressions in the last 4 years

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Simple question: would you want Brandon Marshall as a brown?

Simple answer: NO!

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
O
Legend
Legend
O
COMING SOON: Rumors that we are trading BQ for this guy...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
No.

Brandon Marshall=Braylon Edwards with a police record.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Legend
Legend
j/c,....this would be a complete waste of time, energy, resources,....everything,...no thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Brandon Marshall?

Link Copied to Clipboard