Next Thread
Print Thread
#402312 08/04/09 07:35 PM
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Just booked my flight today for the trip/game to Chicago over Halloween weekend. $119 for direct flight, round trip including all the taxes. Can't beat that price from Cleveland. Even if you drove it...it would be relatively close in dollars, plus I'll take an hour flight over a 5-6 hour drive any day.

Who else is going?

I've been to Chicago my fair share of times, but never for a Bears game. Knowing where Soldier Field is located - where does everyone tailgate? That lot/deck next door surely can't hold that many cars, can it? Otherwise, there's really nothing around it, albeit walking a mile in either direction (and by either direction I mean north and northwest).

Can't wait for some more Giordano's pizza, Pippins Tavern, and seeing the girls I usually see on the North Ave. Beach/Castaways dressed up in their finest Halloween costumes Thinking of doing my traditional Gene Simmons KISS make up, but in brown and orange.

S
Legend
Legend
S
im tryin to get tix, nice job on the roundtrip, thats an unbelievable deal

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
I've been to bears games a couple times (though just preseason), and i've never really found a good tailgate local, there's a few lots to the north of the stadium, but it's not enough for more than a couple hundred cars. I don't know where tailgating happens otherwise.

For halloween, the best party locale would probably be Wrigleyville/Belmont

~Lyuokdea

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
Consider this an official invitation (and to anyone else that's interested).

My buddy and I tailgate before every game in the South Premium lot. We have season tickets and parking passes. As long as you have tickets, you can walk on over and have some beers and food with us (no tickets = no entrance to the tailgate areas). I'd be glad to host any Dawgtalkers.

Here is the lot....pink arrow is the stadium and the red lower arrow is our lot.

Plus Beerdowner, I missed your last visit to Chicago.

Tickets may be the most expensive part of the trip. With the Cutler trade, this town is crazy hyped about its Bears. I've found waiting for odd timed auctions on eBay (ending at 9am) or waiting until 2-3 days before the game works best. Unfortunately, the latter won't work too well for you.

Let me know if you can get tickets.

Last edited by Punchsmack; 08/04/09 09:14 PM.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I was in Chicago for the "Midway Miracle"(UGH) we tailgated with a Brownsbackers group I can get in touch with a couple of them and get directions to that lot. All I remember is we had the hotel van drop us off and we walked through the lot till we found them. I know it was a pretty short walk to the stadium.

[Linked Image from i98.photobucket.com]

Peace, Love and Football
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Never been to a Browns game in another city. I think I would like to, but may wait until I know my trip will be worth it.

I'll be in Chicago for work Sept. 9-12. I told them make sure our flight is back at a decent time so I can get stuff ready- Opening Day is the following morning.

Tailgating early!

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
You can guarantee I'll be there. Thanks for the invite, and let me know if there is anything that I can bring.

B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

I told them make sure our flight is back at a decent time

Be back by 8pm, OSU-USC that night!!!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

You can guarantee I'll be there. Thanks for the invite, and let me know if there is anything that I can bring.

Nope, the tailgate is on me. We usually bring two cases plus a bottle of something and double the food we think we need. Since it's the end of October, that's usually a chili, hot dog, and potato chips menu.

And I would understand if you only wanted to stop by for an hour, I know you don't want to bother hangin out with two old married guys. From how you described your last visit, you're normally surrounded by young women.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

I told them make sure our flight is back at a decent time

Be back by 8pm, OSU-USC that night!!!

Oh snap!

That's right!

I think we land 6ish, if everything is on time. Which means I'll be getting home just in time. I'll have to see if the wifey can get my tailgate stuff together, have a cold 6 pack and some wings waiting for me!

B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

I think we land 6ish, if everything is on time.

Then I pray for you that you are dealing with Midway, and not O'Hare.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well, I looked at the agenda from my e-mail because I honestly didn't know. I assume it's O'Hare, its listed as (ORD)

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I assume it's O'Hare, its listed as (ORD)

That's obvious since it's called Chicago O'Hare International Airport, especially since there's all the D's in there...

Joe Thomas made Justin Timberlake change his name. He didn't want wusses to have the same initials...

Dawg Talker since 3/26/2005...
S
Legend
Legend
S
yeah ord is ohare, aka the redheaded stepchild of airports.

they are nothing but FAIL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

I assume it's O'Hare, its listed as (ORD)

That's obvious since it's called Chicago O'Hare International Airport, especially since there's all the D's in there...

Yeah, not sure where they got that from.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

UGH! I hate that airport Seem's every time ive had to be all the way on the other side from where I am

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

UGH! I hate that airport Seem's every time ive had to be all the way on the other side from where I am

i try and do everything i can to fly out of midway. it's smaller, more personal and just all around better. luckily southwest flies out of midway which means i'll usually be there.

but i've probably flown out of o'hare 6 or 7 times and not once have i left on schedule. and not 5 or 10 minutes, like at least an hour almost every single time.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You want real nightmares ; Fly into and connect in Newark

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hey, thanks for the encouraging news.

Great.... when they asked me if I'd be interested in attending that week, I kept thinking.... man, do I got something going on that Saturday? I know the Browns opener is Sunday, but do I got to do something Saturday?

Shoot, hope the guy I'm going out there with from the other hospital doesn't mind if we find the nearest bar before coming home...

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Here's what I've gotten so far from one of the people we tailgated with in Chicago:

It was in the "31st Street Lot" south of McCormick Place. I'll send you the maps like last time so you can see where it is.

The Standard Parking Company has changed the policy in the lots so that the north end (closer to Soldier Field) is "permit-only" and the rest is still cash.

Peace, Love and Football
L
Legend
Legend
L
It's nice to see you here, lama.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Thanks lamp

Peace, Love and Football
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

It was in the "31st Street Lot" south of McCormick Place.

Admittedly, it's been about 5 years since I've been to McCormick, but isn't south of McCormick quite the haul to Soldier Field? I also recall anything south of McCormick being...not the nicest side of Chicago.

How are Bears tailgates vs. our muni lot? Can I wear Browns stuff or will I be physically attacked?

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

Admittedly, it's been about 5 years since I've been to McCormick, but isn't south of McCormick quite the haul to Soldier Field? I also recall anything south of McCormick being...not the nicest side of Chicago.

How are Bears tailgates vs. our muni lot? Can I wear Browns stuff or will I be physically attacked?

you'll be fine. bears fans are harmless

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

It's been quite a few years since I was at Chicago for a game. It was the game where the Browns were up with not much time left and Brown intercepted a Couch pass and scored on it. Then something happened - heck, I think the game went into o.t. and Brown intercepted another - was it 2001? 2002? I don't remember for sure.

BUT: I was running my mouth the whole time - in a good natured way, mind you. The bears fans around us were taking it and giving it - we had a good time. When the Browns lost, the walk back to the car was long - and I got ribbed hard by bears fans, but absolutely in a "fun" way. I was never once worried.

I'd go back and wear my Browns jersey again.

And, keep in mind, any stadium can have jerks, and any parking lot can have idiots, but overall, the bears fans were good to us, Browns fans.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

As a Browns fan with Bears season tickets, I wear my gear every week and I barely hear anything. Someone will say "wrong game buddy"...but I'm usually wearing a Bears hat too. So they let me pass without much incident.

I'll get a peanut thrown at me now and again, but that's nothing. I laugh it off.

Again, this goes out to anyone....you don't need to buy a parking pass to tailgate since I'm hosting a tailgate for all Dawgtalkers. You'll only need tickets to the game to get into the tailgate area.

I'll have beer, dogs, chili...and topless women. Ok, I lied about one of those.

[Linked Image]

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As a Browns fan with Bears season tickets, I wear my gear every week and I barely hear anything. Someone will say "wrong game buddy"...but I'm usually wearing a Bears hat too. So they let me pass without much incident.

I'll get a peanut thrown at me now and again, but that's nothing. I laugh it off.

Again, this goes out to anyone....you don't need to buy a parking pass to tailgate since I'm hosting a tailgate for all Dawgtalkers. You'll only need tickets to the game to get into the tailgate area.

I'll have beer, dogs, chili...and topless women. Ok, I lied about one of those.

eh, who needs chili anyway

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I owe you some beer for your tailgate Punch...

[Linked Image from sternfannetwork.com]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

You want real nightmares ; Fly into and connect in Newark

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-2937...3QtYWlycG9ydHM-

hahahahahhaa

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Halloween in Chicago

Link Copied to Clipboard