Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Things I want to see this year:

1. Terrelle Pryor winning the Heisman
2. A Buckeye win versus USC
3. A Buckeye National Championship

Week One: I don't see Navy as much of a problem for OSU. However, I hope that Virginia Tech beats up on Alabama, and I hope that Oklahoma State beats up on Georgia. - I hate the SEC.

Let's talk about the upcoming season and week one!

B
Legend
Legend
B
I want a SEC Championship

I want a Nat. Championship (even though I have had 2 in 3 years)

I want Tebow to win a 2nd Heisman....(should have won it last year)

I want to beat Tennessee by 80

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
'Peen - I knew you'd be one of the first people in on this

Good luck this year dude.

The Gators are easily the best team in the country right now. Given the talent you have returning, and the experience to complement that talent, I don't see anybody being able to beat you. - I hope you lose every non-conference game you have though.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
GO IRISH!!!

I'm grateful for Browns football.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Go Zips

That is one nice stadium finally on the campus!!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I actually think Oklahoma is the best team in college football. Sam Bradford, Chris Brown, DeMarco Murray, Jermaine Gresham, and Trent Williams on offense. Gerald McCoy and DeMarcus Granger on defense. Every single one of those guys could be a first rounder, and several could go top 10 of 5.

EDIT: GO BUCKEYES

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I don't know dude, Florida's defense is so dang fast, and they didn't lose anybody. - It's going to be hard to beat them.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not arguing that. Both are very good teams.

J
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J
Go Pitt Panthers!!!!!!

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
GO ROCKETS!

Beat Purdue!!!

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
Legend
Legend
Quote:

GO ROCKETS!

Beat Purdue!!!

+1

"TOL - EDO.....what's that spell? A school currently being charged in two different point-shaving scandals that will crush recruiting for years."

Oh well.

Here's a good question, who's the idiot that scheduled Purdue, Colorado and then Ohio State to open the Rockets season? Even when we were a ranked team, that would be a 1-2 start at best. Goodness, there will be a lot of blood on the field in those games.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Here's a good question, who's the idiot that scheduled Purdue, Colorado and then Ohio State to open the Rockets season? Even when we were a ranked team, that would be a 1-2 start at best. Goodness, there will be a lot of blood on the field in those games.

that schedule will fund a lot of other sports this year...I am sure the girls volleyball team, both swimming teams, and a bunch of other non-profit sports are appreciative of the beating the football team is taking for them.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You don't ask for much, do you?

Legend
Legend
I want Maryland to hang with #12 Cal. (Of course I'd like to win but even in my wildest dreams I can't imagine that happening).

I'd love to see Va Tech beat Alabama and while we're at it I'd like to see NC State beat South Carolina and Wake Forest beat Baylor.

As you can tell, I'd like to see the ACC get back on track.

yebat' Putin
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I like everything you wrote DC.

- Although, Baylor seems like a fun team to watch this year.

S
Legend
Legend
S
i wanna see the big ten bounce back from pretty much everyone hating on them. i don't see it happening though. not this year.

i think we're gonna see good development from terrelle pryor, the guy is never gonna be matt ryan or stafford, or any of these highly touted qbs that are nfl ready, but that doesn't mean he can't improve his passing game, because right now, it's bad.

i know troy smith is in his ear, and that can only help, troy got better from the michigan game in 04 to the michigan game in 06. his throws, his decision making, his leadership.

i think we'll see more growing pains out of him, but at some point this year, he's gonna turn the corner. he seems to be a good kid, and a hard worker and there is no reason for him to not become great.

i love the defensive line that ohio state is gonna have, and ross homan should be the new guy at linebacker, but still, lots of question marks, and these kids will be tested early with usc coming to town.

it's really tough to not say florida is going to cruise, but if the sec is as good as their fans like to think it is, someone is going to knock them off.

i think texas is flying under the radar too, those guys are gonna be back. #2 ranking, but nobody seems to be talking about them.

Legend
Legend
As a bulldawg fan... I don't know what to expect this year now that Stafford and MoMass are gone...

Gonna have to rely on the running game in Caleb King... but he isn't even playing against Ok. St.

Would like the Dawgs to go to the SEC Championship...

Otherwise.. Chick-fil-a bowl it is...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I don't share the view that the schedule maker is an idiot. I love it. Wanna play with the big boys - play with the big boys. Don't schedule Liberty, YSU, random 1-AA schools, you get the point.

We've beaten Purdue in the past and should again on Saturday - Colorado is hardly unbeatable, plus it's at home - OSU?...hey, no one thought we'd beat Penn State or Michigan either right? Things happen.

And I'll add this here because I'm sure this thread will get more traffic... I started a college football pick em league on Yahoo and anyone is welcomed to play... info is in the Fantasy and Gaming forum

GO ROCKETS
Legend
Legend
Quote:

i wanna see the big ten bounce back from pretty much everyone hating on them. i don't see it happening though. not this year.

i think we're gonna see good development from terrelle pryor, the guy is never gonna be matt ryan or stafford, or any of these highly touted qbs that are nfl ready, but that doesn't mean he can't improve his passing game, because right now, it's bad.

i know troy smith is in his ear, and that can only help, troy got better from the michigan game in 04 to the michigan game in 06. his throws, his decision making, his leadership.

i think we'll see more growing pains out of him, but at some point this year, he's gonna turn the corner. he seems to be a good kid, and a hard worker and there is no reason for him to not become great.

i love the defensive line that ohio state is gonna have, and ross homan should be the new guy at linebacker, but still, lots of question marks, and these kids will be tested early with usc coming to town.

it's really tough to not say florida is going to cruise, but if the sec is as good as their fans like to think it is, someone is going to knock them off.

i think texas is flying under the radar too, those guys are gonna be back. #2 ranking, but nobody seems to be talking about them.

Four syllables,...Oak-la-ho-mah,... For some reason they always seem to be a thorn in Texas' side, then they lose to Okie State,....

Legend
Legend
Quote:

plus it's at home - OSU?...hey, no one thought we'd beat Penn State or Michigan either right?

To be fair about it Toledo beat the worst Michigan team in their entire history. I hope Toledo puts up a decent fight but I won't be surprised if it's over by half time just like I expect the Navy game to be.

OSU fans remeber the name Etiene Sabino. I gurantee this kid will be another OSU great. The kid is a monster and should dominate at LB in the future.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Four syllables,...Oak-la-ho-mah,... For some reason they always seem to be a thorn in Texas' side, then they lose to Okie State,....

I live in Austin, so I am required to tell you that the 'Horns have beaten dem Sooners 3 of the past 4 years and that includes last year when OU backed into the Big XII South title despite losing in the Triple-R.

(of course the reason that they ended up winning the South was because their AD had the foresight to schedule real OOC games which helped their SOS and UTs defense couldn't handle their business against the Raiders, but let's forget I mentioned that part)

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

To be fair about it Toledo beat the worst Michigan team in their entire history. I hope Toledo puts up a decent fight but I won't be surprised if it's over by half time just like I expect the Navy game to be.

Pretty standard Buckeye fan thoughts there. You do realize Toledo went 3-9 last year, right? Not exactly a banner year at The Glass Bowl. Never mind the fact it was on the road after a 3 game losing streak to among others, Florida International.

Over by halftime? Just like that Bobcat game last year, right? 26-14...losing 14-12 after 3 quarters. That's right, OU has a strong recent football history - my mistake.

GO NAVY.

GO ROCKETS
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Just clicking...

This is a real ballsy opener they scheduled, I like it! They need to play against potentially good competetion to get help in the BCS standings? The year they won the Title WSU's standing in their conference made it a "quality win" something they need to get on the BIG STAGE IMMEDIATELY or else they are doomed to not be trusted by the media voters for bowl season, and I'm talking about just one bowl: THE TITLE GAME

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Over by halftime? Just like that Bobcat game last year, right? 26-14...losing 14-12 after 3 quarters. That's right, OU has a strong recent football history - my mistake.

GO NAVY.

I gues I shouldn't underestimate the powerhouse known as Toledo.

I was basically saying you shouldn't be to proud of beating a crappy team.

I take back what I said, I hope the game will be over by the 1st quarter

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I was basically saying you shouldn't be to proud of beating a crappy team.

OSU has been giddy about beating Big 10 teams for years.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just clickin DC

Just got back from watching Kent State beat Coatal Carolina that powerhouse from Div1AA or FCS or whatever the hell it is called now. Bad thing is we won 18 to 0 but we struggled to win and were only up 2 to 0 at the half.

Damn we need Josh Cribbs back

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

I take back what I said, I hope the game will be over by the 1st quarter

Well I doubt they're gonna forfeit, so I guess you should hope for something else.

Maybe someday I can have graemlins too.

GO ROCKETS
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Please just don't pull an Oregon on us.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
One thing to notice, it the Boise State player grabs him and says something before. Then Blount says something, and then rocks him in the face.

While Blount is a total idiot for what he did. I doubt that Boise State DE will grab anyone with a little tease again on the field, may be a punter or kicker, but no one else. Not if he's not ready to get his hands up at least. That assistand coach also distracted him, and made it worse. haha. That stupid move that DE made has also made him a highlight (not just Blount). Forever at Boise State, he's gonna be the guy that Blount rocked right off his feet. And that sucks, kind of like how the Browns are on everyone's highlight reel (ALA Ed Reed 110 Yards, thanks DA or Charlie Frye)

The whole getting pissed at the fans thing is expected, as Blount was hyped up and emotional after hitting the player........ At first when you read articles about this or you see the video for the first time you think the kid should just be out of football for the year or something. I'm not so sure anymore, I just wonder what that Boise State guy said........

Although whatever he said, Blount's still a complete A-Hole for what he did. I just wonder the notice he gave him before the punch...............

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 09/04/09 09:32 AM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

..hey, no one thought we'd beat Penn State or Michigan either right? Things happen.

Dont forget Pitt a few years back when Pitt was ranked top10, I was on the field for that game, it was awesome.

Eat it Phil...
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I live in Austin, so I am required to tell you that the 'Horns have beaten dem Sooners 3 of the past 4 years and that includes last year when OU backed into the Big XII South title despite losing in the Triple-R.

(of course the reason that they ended up winning the South was because their AD had the foresight to schedule real OOC games which helped their SOS and UTs defense couldn't handle their business against the Raiders, but let's forget I mentioned that part)

I was talking about the years when they do beat Texas -- then find a way to lose to Oklahoma State, ....I'm on your side by the way, WITHOUT the hindsight of Florida having trashed Oklahoma,...it should have been a straight head-to-head tiebreaker,...(not that Texas would have fared any better,...)

I just think Oklahoma is more of a "poll darling" than Texas is. Not that that is in any way justified - there should be NO polls before Game Five (maybe Four).

N
Legend
Legend
N
I will say that OU deserves some of their "poll darling" status though because they schedule better OOC teams.

OU is playing BYU, Miami and Tulsa isn't a horrible team (filling out with Idaho St)

while Texas is playing LA-Monroe, Wyoming, UTEP and UCF (at least they are on the level of Tulsa)

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
They all try to "get away with a patsy." Look at Ohio State (among others). I still have heartburn for anybody scheduling ANY 1-AA's, mostly because there is no automatic penalty. But it is what it is, so I just try to enjoy what's there,...most every kid who has some talent gets to play football somewhere and get an education (if he avails himself of that) and some programs are able to fund all of their required Prop 68's (or whatever that law is,...)

Anyway, how about that 'Oregoon' punching the kid from Boise,...? Very sad. Please take your frustration out on USC, dude,....

N
Legend
Legend
N
honestly....the punch isn't what disturbed me the most. the kids apparently had been jawing back and forth all game though it was a sucker punch and he'd deserve to be suspended for it for sure, it's not like stuff doesn't happen.

it's when his own coaches and security tried to get in there and calm him down and he wouldn't stop trying to get after it that it leapt from 'bad decison' to 'I wouldn't want that kid on any team I root for'

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Pretty standard Buckeye fan thoughts there. You do realize Toledo went 3-9 last year, right? Not exactly a banner year at The Glass Bowl. Never mind the fact it was on the road after a 3 game losing streak to among others, Florida International.

GO NAVY.

I have the strangest feeling this will not be over at halftime tomorrow,....

On a secondary note,...any idea where or how you can find out what kids are Marine-option ??

Legend
Legend
Quote:

the kids apparently had been jawing back and forth all game though it was a sucker punch and he'd deserve to be suspended for it for sure,

It stated a week before the game when that running back said, in the press, that Oregon owed Boise State "a good azz whoopin'"...

And I agree, the sucker punch alone was probably worth a 2 or 3 game suspension... what he did after that is inexcusable and I'm not sure I'd want him on the team at all.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

it's when his own coaches and security tried to get in there and calm him down and he wouldn't stop trying to get after it that it leapt from 'bad decison' to 'I wouldn't want that kid on any team I root for'

I was thinking the same thing,right after it happened two of his own players came over to calm him down and he just jacks the one(I think he was #86) in the face with both hands. The guy just kind of stands there and looks at him like" oh hell no you didnt just do that"

I think a lot of credit needs to be given to the Boise players for not reacting in a way that would have turned it into a full out riot.

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
N
Legend
Legend
N
and the Oregon players as well (except for the idiot)

that could have easily gone into Miami v. FIU (I think it was FIU at least) from 2 seasons ago.....credit to both squads that they didn't follow one guys lead

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
While I'm not excusing what he did, I still want to know what the BSU DE said to him before the punch. Also, he was pretty wild after the incident, but according to him q couple of fans did some crazy things in the stands.

Here is part of the ESPN article about it.

BOISE, Idaho -- An ugly performance by Oregon in a 19-8 loss at Boise State on Thursday night turned uglier immediately after the game when Duck senior running back LeGarrette Blount punched Bronco linebacker Byron Hout and knocked him down.

An ESPN replay showed Hout taunting Blount as the teams converged onto the field. As a Bronco assistant coach moved to separate Hout from Blount, the Oregon senior threw a right cross that connected with Hout's right jaw. Hout went down and popped right back up.

Oregon athletic director Mike Bellotti said after the game he would consult with the Pac-10 Conference office before taking any disciplinary action.

Boise State replayed the punch several times on the giant screen in the north end zone of Bronco Stadium. As the crowd jeered, Blount, escorted off the field by Oregon assistant coach Scott Frost, got into another confrontation with fans.

According to Blount, one fan brandished a chair at him and another punched him. Two police officers and Frost almost carried Blount to the Boise State athletic building, where the visiting team dresses.

After the game, a contrite Blount came out of the locker room.

"I should have handled that situation a lot better than I did," Blount said. "I apologize. We will never have a game like this again. … The game, as it went on, just got more frustrating and more frustrating for me in general. I shouldn't have said anything. I shouldn't have done anything."

LIbertatem Defendimus!!

2010 Dawgtalkers NCAA Bracket Challenge Champ!!
Legend
Legend
While I'm not excusing what he did, I still want to know what the BSU DE said to him before the punch. Also, he was pretty wild after the incident, but according to him q couple of fans did some crazy things in the stands.

Indeed, mitigating factors. No excuse for the loss of 'cool' though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum College Football Week One!!!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard