Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
In my US Diplomacy class, we have to do a 20 page paper on a Secretary of State and my paper is on Madeleine Albright.

I'm trying to find news articles from her time as Secretary of State and even to now. I would like both sides of the story - liberal/conservative, Democrat/Republican. I want to know of any news outlets that are liberal and ones that are conservative.

I speciffically want ones that have a bias towards one side of the political spectrum so that I can have comparable and contrasting views to give both sides of the story.

I'd appreciate it if you could help me find some good information from different news publications.

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
[rant]So you want free help with your research paper? Try logging out of DawgTalkers and starting up with Google.

Back when I was in college writing this type of thing required hours in the library digging through old newspapers, books, micro fiche and enclyclopedias. I use to have to pay good money to have someone write mine.[/rant]

**Grumpy aging man now stepping down from soapbox. You may all return to your regularly scheduled posting.**

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I did my own research, but I did have to go to the office management students, and often those with some law background to type my papers.

I couldn't, and still can't type.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro

Yep, because I haven't done any other research on my own. I wanted people on here to do it for me.

I was just taking a break from doing research and came on here and since there are always a lot of political debates on here, I thought someone might be able to give me a new source I wouldn't necessarily find out about on my own.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

[rant]So you want free help with your research paper? Try logging out of DawgTalkers and starting up with Google.

Back when I was in college writing this type of thing required hours in the library digging through old newspapers, books, micro fiche and enclyclopedias. I use to have to pay good money to have someone write mine.[/rant]

**Grumpy aging man now stepping down from soapbox. You may all return to your regularly scheduled posting.**

Agree with all of the above.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I want to know of any news outlets that are liberal and ones that are conservative.

Fox is fair and balanced, the rest are all liberal.

Quote:

I'd appreciate it if you could help me find some good information from different news publications.

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

Would you like it double spaced? Where should I send the finished paper?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Periodicals:
Conservative/Libertarian: National Review, Human Events, American Spectator
Liberal: The New Republic, The Nation,

Policy Institutes (aka, think-tanks)
Conservative/Libertarian: Heritage Foundation, Cato Institute
Liberal: Tellus Institute, Brookings Institute

Mainstream Media
Conservative/Libertarian: Fox News
Liberal: NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, Washington Post

Use the online search function on the websites of the above and you should find diverse and varied insights of Ms Albright's career .

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A couple I didn't see mentioned..

Ultraconservative:

World Net Daily
- Responsible for the whole "birthers" movement.

The Heartland Institute
- Published list of 500 scientists debunking global warming. Turned out the people on the list were either a) dead b) made up c) put on the list without permission and forced Heartland to take them off the list because they actuaslly believe in global
warming.

Other conservative outlets: Drudge Report, Free Republic, Washington Times, Weekly Standard.

Liberal:
Huffington Post, The American Prospect, The Nation, Common Dreams

[Linked Image from i190.photobucket.com]
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Thank You very much!

This is the kind of stuff I was looking for, but apparently some people took it as me trying to get them to find info for me so I didn't have to.

This is exactly what I wanted!

All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Thank you to you as well!

It's very appreciated!

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Help with a research project.

Link Copied to Clipboard