Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Alpoe19 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
Glad he's gone. Most annyoing guy as far as baseball.

Baseball analyst Steve Phillips was fired by ESPN on Sunday night less than a week after the former Mets general manager admitted having an affair with a production assistant at the cable network.

A representative for Phillips also announced the former Mets general manager was entering a treatment facility "to address his personal issues."

Phillips acknowledged Wednesday he had a relationship with 22-year-old Brooke Hundley.

"Steve Phillips is no longer working for ESPN," network spokesman Josh Krulewitz said in a statement. "His ability to be an effective representative for ESPN has been significantly and irreparably damaged, and it became evident it was time to part ways."

Phillips had taken a leave of absence after the affair became public. Krulewitz declined comment when asked Sunday night about Hundley's status with the company.

According to a police report filed in Wilton, Conn., Hundley began calling Phillips' wife, Marni, on Aug. 5 and sent her a letter graphically describing their relationship after Phillips broke it off.

Marni Phillips called police Aug. 19 when she came home to find Hundley in her driveway. "I knew instinctively that this was the woman Steve was involved with and I was terrified," she wrote in a statement to police.

Hundley also contacted Phillips' 16-year-old son through his Facebook account, according to the police report.

"This woman has clearly displayed erratic behavior and delusional tendencies," Steve Phillips said in a statement to police.

Phillips signed a statement to police that he would not press charges. The status of the police investigation was unclear Sunday.

In 1998, Phillips admitted having sex with a Mets employee, who sued for sexual harassment. That case was settled out of court.

Messages seeking comment were left Sunday for Phillips and Hundley.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4594666

Legend
Legend
He sounds like a real D-bag. His family shouldn't have to deal with this loser.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

Glad he's gone. Most annyoing guy as far as baseball.

I always liked the dude in studio and working the games. I'd rather have a semi-pompous ex-exec describing what's going on than a buffoon like Rick Sutcliffe, Eduardo Perez, Dan Plesac etc.

That said, clearly the man was a complete tool away from the mic.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I liked him and actually thought I'd like to have him here rather than Shapiro.

Every decison we make turns around and makes us. Dude got caught up, made a mistake and it bit him in his butt big time.

Hey, all us married men are one proposition away from being in that spot. Never say it could not be so!

Legend
Legend
A proposition is one thing, married men (or women) can't really control that 100% of the time. However, to follow through with the act is indefensible.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Hey, all us married men are one proposition away from being in that spot. Never say it could not be so!

hmmmm... really?

25 years- no slippage.
First 3 years of marriage- back at college 5 days/week, sweet young thangs everywhere. Quite a few were, shall we say, "motivated." Two were quite insistent and relentless. (I may have been helped a bit by the fact that 'Fatal Attraction' came out the year I went back to school... )

Now I'm old, and there's not much chance that such a situation will occur.

Not everyone who sports an appendage feels the need to exercise it out of the house...

Sorry, but dude is a morally bankrupt scoundrel. Traditional marriages are based on trust. Break that trust, and you have nothing.

p.s. Google a pic of this 22 year old. I've seen more attractive cans of dogfood...

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I am not going to defend him for having an affair.

But I got to say I am kinda surprised noone has yet pointed out that the woman in this story was semi-stalking him after he broke it off. She wrote his wife (which I can understand) and after that, she shows up unannounced at the home waiting for his wife, and then contacts his minor children about these things??!??!?!

It's obvious both of these individuals have issues. I am surprised that ESPN only released the statement about dismissing him, and not her as well. They should both be let go imo.

KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
Legend
Legend
Well, the cheater opens their world up to a possible crazy person when they are stupid enough to think sex is free. It's quite normal for the 3rd wheel to have feelings for the cheater once they break it off. See Fatal Attraction (as mentioned above).

[Linked Image]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don't disagree. But that still doesn't excuse her.

First she made a poor judgement in who she slept with. Then she made the next one when AFTER she told his wife, she shows up at the house unannounced, and then continues to make mistakes by going to the kids! Sorry, No way that should have been brought to the kid. Nope, you cannot convince me otherwise. Leave the kids alone.

KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
Legend
Legend
Agree,...it isn't any less of an integrity or trust violation for a woman to go after a married man than it is for a married man to cheat. If I go after your wife in full knowledge that she is, I deserve to get my head served a big potion of shotgun.

Honesty -- it can go on your tombstone; money cannot.

Legend
Legend
I would guess that this:

Quote:

A representative for Phillips also announced the former Mets general manager was entering a treatment facility "to address his personal issues."

Probably has more to do with him being fired than the affair.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

I liked him and actually thought I'd like to have him here rather than Shapiro.

Boy am I glad you aren't in charge of hiring and firing the GM!

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

hmmmm... really?

25 years- no slippage.
First 3 years of marriage- back at college 5 days/week, sweet young thangs everywhere. Quite a few were, shall we say, "motivated." Two were quite insistent and relentless. (I may have been helped a bit by the fact that 'Fatal Attraction' came out the year I went back to school... )

Now I'm old, and there's not much chance that such a situation will occur.

Not everyone who sports an appendage feels the need to exercise it out of the house...

Sorry, but dude is a morally bankrupt scoundrel. Traditional marriages are based on trust. Break that trust, and you have nothing.

p.s. Google a pic of this 22 year old. I've seen more attractive cans of dogfood...

I'm at 24 years Clem. I'm not condoning the guys action at all and agree with your ideas of marriage! I"ve known a few good guys fall in their marriage who I never would have bet it would happen to. I'm just saying alot of men never know their decision until it's in his face.

Congrats on how you handle yourself, it's good to see guys standing strong on that front!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I am not going to defend him for having an affair.

But I got to say I am kinda surprised noone has yet pointed out that the woman in this story was semi-stalking him after he broke it off. She wrote his wife (which I can understand) and after that, she shows up unannounced at the home waiting for his wife, and then contacts his minor children about these things??!??!?!

It's obvious both of these individuals have issues. I am surprised that ESPN only released the statement about dismissing him, and not her as well. They should both be let go imo.

Here ya go Keys:

She got fired too

[Linked Image from i8.photobucket.com]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Steve Phillips always rubbed me the wrong way when I saw him on TV. He just gave off the "I'm a dbag" vibes.

That said...some of the stuff that goes on behind the scenes at ESPN is downright deplorable.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
not much to say about her...

maybe she is a nice person on the inside

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Dear Steve -

You possibly ruined your career and marriage for THAT? Wow.

Regards
Dave

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Dear Steve -

You possibly ruined your career and marriage for THAT? Wow.

Regards
Dave

Ugh, I second that. She had to be a virgin......and he had to be legally blind.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
A
Alpoe19 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
Yea she was no Cindy Crawford. More along the lines of Ricki Lake. And that's being generous.

I was reading some comments from mets fans, and they said phillips had cheated on his wife multiple times before. He definitely should never have married.

Legend
Legend
She makes Monica Lewinsky look good.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
What was he thinking? No thanks!

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Google a pic of this 22 year old. I've seen more attractive cans of dogfood...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Good!

They both screwed up. And they both should not represent ESPN. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Here's to finally taking a step towards equality in the workplace!

KeysDawg

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
nice, maybe. pink, probably.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ouch, and thats one of the better pics.

Eat it Phil...
Legend
Legend
I don't feel bad for Steve. He screwed up and he has to pay the piper. However let's not ROAST the 22 year old. How many of us have some history of making some bad choices at that age.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Steve Phillips fired from Espn after affair with co-worker

Link Copied to Clipboard