Print Thread
I
I_Rogue Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I
I don't know why, but...

I can't get the song "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga out of my freakin' head. This isn't music I like or listen to. A little section is playing over and over and over and over and over and over for the last 2 days. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!

What song is going through your head today? Maybe someone else's ear-worm can kill mine if I start thinking of their song.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
At least you don't have this in your head....

Legend
Legend
That is my 2-year old daughter's FAVORITE song. So in a sense, you two have the same taste in music. J/K.

Having a song stuck in my head comes and goes. It's been a while. Most recently it's been this lady folk singer that my daughter likes to listen to in the car. They're not bad songs, it's just after the 73rd time you hear it, it starts being the background music in your head everywhere. At that point, it's not even just "stuck there until it goes away"....it's permanent.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

This Ear Worm is Killing Me!

Khan!!!!!!

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
I
I_Rogue Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

.it's permanent.

Thanks for the hope. When I hit the bar tonight, I'm going to find something I like on the jukebox and play it 10 times in a row and get rid of this thing. I'll probably p.o. the rest of the place though and stick one into their heads.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
Legend
Legend

Quote:

That is my 2-year old daughter's FAVORITE song.

That pretty much telss us all we need to know about the level of Lady GaGa's "music," doesn't it?

Quote:

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!

I'm pretty sure I can help with this:

"It's a small world after all,
It's a small world after all,
It's a small world after all,
It's a small, small world....."

See if that helps.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
U
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
U
How about:

This is the song that doesnt end.
It goes on and on my friend.
Some people started singing it not knowing what it was
and they'll continue singing it forever just because

this is the song that doesnt end .............. rinse and repeat.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
You know how you wake-up Lady Gaga?

Poker Face.

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
Legend
Legend
Here's a song and image you don't want hanging around:

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
jfanent...

If we ever meet, you'd better run!!!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Get some Frank Zappa into your system immediately.....Packard Goose in particular, it's on the Joe's Garage Acts II & III...run dont walk, as what you have in your head may lead to bugalitis....

LET'S GO BROWNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Linked Image]
[b]WOOF WOOF[b]
Steeler
Steeler
THis topic has been addressed several times on this forum. My advice is this (and it works) -- when you have a song stuck in your head, download and listen to the entire offending song over and over again. That's the only way to get rid of it for good.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Ugghhh...

Party in the USA has taken over the lives of everyone who has ever listened to that song, male or female.

Last edited by Ammo; 10/27/09 09:30 PM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
This one gets in my head a lot:

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You trying to kill the poor guy?!?

#gmstrong
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Supposedly that song is about how Lady Gaga is making love to a man, but thinking about making love to a women. Hence poker face so the guy thinks it's all about him or something..............

..........think about that when it starts going on in your head. Might help..........can't hurt.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
since this is a music thread, anyone know what the country band is in the big 12 commercials on espn? I've been looking for awhile tonight and I can't find it.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Holy crap ammo, was that song terrible. "Swing my hips like yeah" quite possibly worst lyrics since a limp bizkit song...

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Holy crap ammo, was that song terrible. "Swing my hips like yeah" quite possibly worst lyrics since a limp bizkit song...

I know that. One of my thoughts about the song is "How does a song with such 'deep' lyrics like that capture the hearts of millions?"

Throw this song in there too...damn you MyTouch 3G commercial.

Last edited by Ammo; 10/28/09 12:39 AM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

"How does a song with such 'deep' lyrics like that capture the hearts of millions?"

It's shallowness is precisely what sells.

It's produced to appeal to the audience with the lowest standard for music listening. If it manages to snatch a few buyers from other ranks, that's just icing.

It's what I for years have called, "McMusic." It's as much fine music as McDonald's is fine cuisine. It's essentially flavorless, indistinguishable from any number of other mass-produced products, contains little to no nutritive value, requires no sense of taste, comes at you fast in the market, is gone just as quickly, and adds nothing to the genre.

Fast food for unsophisticated ears.

You want to know why it's sold so many copies? Look at this pre-packaged product's target market. Pre-teen girls. Should tell you all you need to know. And the producers don't give a rat's rump whether you and I like it or not- they're too busy getting fat off an audience that hasn't been on the planet long enough to develop some listening skills, and is addicted to their stuff like crack. And they just keep pumping it out. Need I mention that there ia also a never-ending supply of pre-teen girls to sell to? Easy money. Steady easy money.

Helluva racket, wouldn't you say?

Sorry to go on this rant, but pre-packaged "Pablum Pop" like this has bugged me since I was in Jr. Hi. Back then, it was acts like Donny Osmond, etc. but it was every bit as annoying as this canned crap from the 2009 vintage.

And yes... it is a truly wretched work. I couldn't finish it and it's what? 3.5 minutes long?

BTW... no earworm with this one for me. Seriously, I won't remember the melody, hook or anything else about it. But that's how fast-food is, you know...

What a waste.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A

Quote:

I know that. One of my thoughts about the song is "How does a song with such 'deep' lyrics like that capture the hearts of millions?"

Radio play over and over again until its ingrained in your skull. Thank you channel one....

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
C
2nd String
2nd String
C
I've got the cure..

Sit down if front of your comp, plug in the headsets and pull up any Weird Al Yankovic videos you can find..I"m telling you the man is a musical genius and his videos will stick in your head forever

"Behold! The only thing greater than yourself!"
Legend
Legend
This should do the trick

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
I
I_Rogue Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I
I woke up this morning and Lady Gaga is still here. Eating what's left of my sanity and my dignity.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I woke up this morning and Lady Gaga is still here. Eating what's left of my sanity and my dignity.

Let me help you out..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Whenever I think of lady gaga I think of some bit Conan did a few weeks ago about where you go to find trendy new outfits.

Miley Cyrus said the mall

Taylor Swift said a chic vintage shoppe

And Lady Gaga said the dumpsters behind NASA.

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
Legend
Legend
that's actually pretty funny, Derd.

Legend
Legend
OK try this

Legend
Legend
and last but not least

I
I_Rogue Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I
There was nothing right about that GM.

On the other hand...I do have the Chicken Dance going through my brain at the moment. Thanks Tux.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I know exactly the clip you were trying to post (it's been removed). That was so funny and I thought of this thread as soon as that happened in the episode last night. LMAO!

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum HELP! This Ear Worm is Killing Me!

Link Copied to Clipboard