Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The Cleveland Browns today elevated defensive lineman Brian Schaefering to the active 53-man roster, the team announced. In addition, the club signed running back Jed Collins and defensive back Michael Grant to the practice squad.

Originally signed as an undrafted free agent by Cleveland on May 1, 2008, Schaefering spent one week on the Browns' practice squad last year before being signed to the New York Jets' active roster on December 30th. He has spent the first 12 weeks of this season on the Browns' practice squad.

The 6-4, 295-pound Schaefering played one season for Lindenwood University (2007) in St. Charles, Mo., after transferring from Illinois (2001-2004). As a senior, he led the team with 7.5 sacks and also recorded 37 tackles with one fumble recovery and one blocked kick. He is a native of St. Louis, Mo., where he attended Hazelwood East High School.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=10195

I thought he played well during preseason and the promotion does not surprise me.

His christmas will be better with NFL gamechecks.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I bet this Schaefering could just pull a position switch and still be an upgrade at RT .

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Guard would be more likely.
Re: Kris Dielman w/ the Chargers

BTW, my solution would be to place an adirondack chair painted orange and brown at RT

Last edited by Line Judge; 12/03/09 07:04 AM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

In addition, the club signed running back Jed Collins

See ... he's "almost" a Jet ..... that's why we signed him ........

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Schaefering promted from Practice squad.

Link Copied to Clipboard