Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#458450 01/28/10 01:36 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well, there hasn't been one of these threads in a while, and with the all-star games going on and the combine coming up next month, it's about time to start going through mocks again! Here's what I have right now...

1. Joe Haden - CB Florida The physical corner we've been looking for to line up across from Eric Wright. McDonald moves on to be a terrific nickel corner.
2. Brandon Graham - DE/OLB Michigan or George Selvie - DE/OLB South Florida I really think we need to get one of these two guys. Brandon Graham LIVES in the backfield and reports of him at the senior bowl are positive (i.e. his height isn't causing problems vs. tackles.) If he's not available, Selvie would be a great choice. He often makes plays on the opposite side of the field and can get to the QB as well.
3. John Jerry - OG Ole Miss Big mauler at RG. Some power that we could really use on the right side of the line.
3. Myron Rolle - S Florida State All-American. Rhodes scholar. Physical guy who can cover. Please please PLEASE get this guy.
4. Jacoby Ford - WR Clemson A burner. Smaller guy, but unbelievable speed and offers a downfield threat that we don't really have. Good moves, too and can work out of the slot.
5. Michael Hoomanawanui - TE Illinois Big, strong blocking TE whose name isn't Robert Royal.
5. Kurt Coleman - S Ohio State Accomplished collegiate safety who plays with good instincts. Also a solid tackler from the most prolific school for guys in the secondary.
5. Mike McLaughlin - ILB Boston College Big strong LB to help provide depth and size inside.
6. Chris Scott - OT Tennessee Huge RT to add depth and a project on the right side. A late-round flyer.
6. Levi Brown - QB Troy Developmental guy who can end up going anywhere from the 4th to the 7th. Played Dan LeFevour to pretty much a stalemate and led perennial doormat Troy to a 9-3 regular season record. Didn't beat any good teams, but didn't lose to any bad ones, either.
7. O'Brien Schoefield - DE/OLB Wisconsin Would go much higher (3rd-4th) if he hadn't blown out his ACL at the first Senior Bowl practice. Draft him with the expectation of IR his rookie year.

Thoughts? Your draft?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Might make afew changes but overall it looks pretty good.

I'm really coming around to the Haden picksince Berry will most likely be gone, though i'm still crossing my fingers.

I'll post my mock after the senior bowl.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Safety is just such a glaring weakness for us at this point in time (Pool can't come back CAN he?). I'd be tempted to figure out a way to move up into the top 5 and still grab Eric Berry. Maybe we can steal one out from under Seattle like they did to us last year with Aaron Curry? . He could be the type of player that's worth the price even though it goes against everything you might think we should do, a.k.a. move back and stockpile extra picks.

If we don't move up and he's off the board, I think a good argument could be made for each of the following:
a) grabbing Haden like you said, but then you're rolling the dice that you can grab a player like Rolle 2 rounds later at S....I have a hard time buying that but it would be great if it worked out.
b) moving back and adding some extra picks
c) with Berry off the board, taking a long hard look at Taylor Mays (esp if we move back but even if we don't).

I haven't made up my own mind yet which option sounds the best.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I like some of the guys you have on your list, though its my opinion that Graham will be long, long gone by our 2nd pick and that is early for Myron Rolle.

Per Graham, he's been pretty consensus mid to late first rounder and with everything I've read and heard from the Senior Bowl, he's improving his stock. I would expect him to go mid first, and won't be surprised if he goes top 10 if he plays well in the game and has a good combine/interviews.

Per Rolle - most of the sites I've seen have him 4th-6th round, a couple even later. That doesn't mean he won't be drafted in the 3rd though.

Per my mock, I've just started to really dig in and read/watch/listen about players. I had some opinions from watching this last season and reading since the regular NCAA season ended, but am still formulating opinions. That being said, I have lists of players by round instead of a true mock. Here's the guys I'd be considering at our pick(s) in each round, listed in order of my preference today. And its based on average "big board" position of a few sites I frequent.

1) Eric Berry (FS), trade down, Joe Haden (CB), Brandon Graham (OLB), Mike Iupati (OG/OT)
2) Jason Pierre-Paul (OLB), Terrence Cody (DT), Damian Williams (WR), Jonathan Dwyer (RB), Brandon Spikes (ILB), Sergio Kindle(OLB)
3) Nate Alles (FS), Kyle Wilson (CB), TJ Ward (SS), Ed Dickson (TE), Vlad Ducasse (OG), Kyle Calloway (OT), Mike Johnson (OG)
4) John Jerry (OG), Alex Carrington (DE), Kam Chancellor (FS), Dan LeFevour (QB), Tony Moeaki (TE), Jacoby Ford (WR)
5) Kao Misi (OLB), Myron Rolle (SS), LeGarrette Blount (RB), Kurt Coleman (SS), Freddy Barnes (WR), John Skelton (QB), Pat Angerer (ILB), Walter Thurmond (CB), Zane Beadles (OG), Josh Pinkard (CB/S)

I haven't done enough research to dig too much deeper than that.

N
All Pro
All Pro
N
I am really beginning to be intrigued by Rolle, he really sounds like guy we could pick up after the 1st round and still improve our safety position. He also sounds like the perfect Mangini guy, solid player, smart, and pyshical.

WIth him and possilbly Haden, our secondary could show some great improvement.

Born and breed with OSU, App. State alumni, but bleed orange and brown.

Go ARMY......Beat Navy!!!!!!
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yeah, there's definitely a significant chance Graham will be gone by the time we pick which is why I put the Selvie backup there. Precedent of LBs does lend a strong chance that he could fall till later, especially because of his 6'0"/6'1" frame. Look at the drops that Maualuga, Matthews, and E. Brown saw. On the other hand, at this point last year we al thought Larry English would be there when we picked in the 2nd and look where he went (#16.)

As far as Rolle, I'd be absolutely shocked if he really lasts into the 5th or 6th like the mock sites have been showing. Guy would have been a late-first to second-round pick last year had he not taken the scholarship. If we want him I think we'd better use one of our thirds on him.

I'm actually not a fan of trading down with our first-round pick this year. There are too many players worth the pick at #7 to move out. Berry and Suh are gone of course, but Haden, McClain and/or Clausen will be there. We wouldn't be able to trade down too far to get A. Davis, in fact a lot of people are already putting him in the top 10. We already have 11 picks. There have to be roster spots for all these players. Do we really want much more than 20% of our roster to be rookies?

As far as guys who will probably be gone at our picks, it looks like JPP and Cody should be goners by our second. Nate Allen and Kyle Wilson will almost definitely be gone by our third and Ducasse likely as well. It's definitely not out of the realm of possiblity that Jerry lasts till the fourth since he is a guard but I wouldn't want to risk it. You already know my feelings on Rolle.

Guys I don't like on your list: Sergio Kindle, Dan LeFevour, Tony Moeaki, Kao Misi, Zane Beadles. Other than that, looks like pretty good options IMO.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
1- Joe Haden CB
2- Von Miller OLB
3- Jordan Shipley WR
3- Gabe Carimi OT
4- Barry Church S
5- Mitch Petrus G
5- Max Hall QB
5- Jimmy Graham TE

Rounds 6 and 7 strict BPA. (actually, in truth, I hope we're BPA the entire way through this draft....but thats makes mocks unfun)

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
No arguments with anything you said - some of the guys I had in places will be gone and others are probably too early for them. As we get closer to the draft, the list will be amended...

That all being said, I'd be stoked if Graham was there in the 2nd when we pick.

N
Legend
Legend
N
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/01/28/mock.draft.1/index.html?eref=sihp

Don Banks has us taking Joe Haden....just like everyone else.

Good consensus out there....I say good because I want Suh, Berry, or Haden and the first 2 are likely gone by our pick.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I think Haden is our consensus pick as he represents both BPA and a need area for us.

The only way I see us swaying on it is if Berry slips for some reason or if Clausen or Bradford is there at 7.

I would bet however if either of the QBs are on the board at 7, that we look to trade down, even if its just a couple of spots as Oakland, Buffalo or even Seattle if they didn;t go QB at 6, might want to sneak up.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
No way we take a db that high. - Haden isn't good enough for that high of a pick. - If you take a db that high, it had better be the best prospect in the entire draft. - I'm talking somebody comparable to Charles Woodson or Deion Sanders. - There is nobody like that this year.

N
Legend
Legend
N
I disagree.

Well, I agree that it is unlikely Berry or Haden is as good as Woodson or Deion (how many DBs are?), I don't think it is too early to draft a DB at all.

Haden is a solid cover corner with good tackling skills. Think a faster version of Cortland Finnegan (Titans). I would love to have a guy like that on the Browns and I doubt he drops out of the top10.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think you are way off. Haden is worth every bit of a top 10 pick.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

No way we take a db that high. - Haden isn't good enough for that high of a pick. - If you take a db that high, it had better be the best prospect in the entire draft. - I'm talking somebody comparable to Charles Woodson or Deion Sanders. - There is nobody like that this year.

Lotsa folks have taken DBs at 7 or higher.

In my mind, solid cornerbacks are a valuable commodity. As such, they are easily worth a high first. Is he Sanders? No....but no one has been Sanders SINCE Sanders with the possible exception of Champ Bailey.

At 7, Haden is good value and very possibly the BPA with the lowest bust factor. Something we desperately need from a first rounder.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I love Brandon Grahm, nothing but production on a crappy UM team.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Agreed. I think Haden could end up like Darrelle Revis. Nah, he isn't worth the 7th pick.

I'm gonna make a new mock sometime next week or this weekend after the Senor Bowl.

Legend
Legend
I think I'd rather get McClain and then add Brandon Ghee in the 2nd..

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would probably agree, but I think there is very little chance of us drafting McClain. Inside linebackers simply don't go that high. It's not a position that's valued enough. Cornerback has become a very valued position. I still can't decide whether I'd rather have Patrick Willis or Darrelle Revis. Depends on when you ask me.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I would probably agree, but I think there is very little chance of us drafting McClain. Inside linebackers simply don't go that high. It's not a position that's valued enough. Cornerback has become a very valued position. I still can't decide whether I'd rather have Patrick Willis or Darrelle Revis. Depends on when you ask me.

we are in the AFC North....so....

would you rather shutdown:

Holmes
Ocho
Mason (unless he retires)

or

Mendenhall
Benson
Rice

I have supported drafting Haden....but when you put it that way....with our division....it makes me reconsider. I'm still leaving Haden higher, but it's a good argument for McClain (whether or not you meant it that way)

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
It seems like a team #1 receiver can be taken out by a great corner. While it takes an entire defense to take out a great runner.

From what I've seen/heard Haden is a good corner, but not on the level of Revis or Nnamdi Asomugha.

I think the safest bet this draft, if we can't trade down, is to go O-Line.

Anyway, I've decided I don't like mock drafts. Instead I'll just give a list of players that I like and would be happy to have on this team:

OLB Brandon Graham, Michigan
S Eric Berry, Tennessee
OL Mike Iupati, Idaho
RB Jahvid Best, Cal
RB Toby Gerhart, Stanford
RB/WR Dexter McCluster, Ole Miss
WR Golden Tate, Notre Dame
WR Chris McGaha, Arizona State
TE Jermaine Greshem, Oklahoma
TE Anthony McCoy, USC
OL Matt Tennant, Boston College
CB Kyle Wilson, Boise State
S Earl Thomas, Texas
OL Jeff Byers, USC
RB Stafon Johnson, USC
S Myron Rolle, Florida State
LB Cameron Sheffield, Troy
OLB O'Brien Schofield (tore his ACL at Senior Bowl)

I learned from last year's draft not to get to attached to any one player (I did this with Clay Matthews). This year I'm going to have a group of players and hopefully we get one or two of them. The list I displayed is mostly of big name guys who will probably go in the 1s round, as the draft process roles on I will probably learn more about lesser known players who I will also like.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nnamdi was a late 1st rounder and Revis was a mid 1st rounder. He is a much better prospect than both.

It's hard for me to argue with a corner taking out a team's best receiver. I think I would rather have Revis than Willis the more I think about it. It's a passing game.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I really don't know much about Haden. Does he have the potential to become a player like Revis or Asomugha?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd say he has potential to be better. He can be just as physical but is quicker and more athletic than both. I think he could bring their shutdown ability, as well as a playmaking aspect.

Legend
Legend
1. Joe Hayden
I guess he's the best guy available that fills a need, I don't know much about him, but if his rookie year is on par with even Rogers-Cromartie's then its a big help.

2. Myron Rolle or Best LB Available
Is this high for Rolle? Maybe right now, but with all the senior bowl hype, the combine, he may shoot up into the second round. Getting he and Hayden paired with vets Adams and Wright "solidifies" our coverage unit. Mangini loves smart guys...Rhodes Scholars temd to be smart? Right?

3. Colt McCoy
I have this fantasy in my head currently, of trading for Matt Hasselbeck, and drafting McCoy and letting him learn from Matt and MH, will he be there? Not sure.

3. Best OL available
Preferably a RT, just thibk, last year had we taken Oher instead of Mack, I love Mack, but watching St Clair made me wanna puke.

4. BTA
That's right, not BPA, BTA, Best Talent Available, is it almost the same thing? Maybe, while I love some good players, we need some talent.

5-7.
If we don't get McCoy (or maybe Pike) I'd love to see either BYU's Hall or CMU's LaFever somewhere, mostly defense as our offense is young enough. Possibly use them to trade other picks up.

D
2nd String
2nd String
D
1. Joe Haden CB Florida

2. Vladimir Ducasse RT UMASS

3.Koa Misi OLB Utah
3. Montario Hardesty RB Tennessee

4. Myron Rolle S Florida St
4. Brandon Carter OG Texas Tech

5.CJ Wilson DE Clemson
5. John Jerry OG Mississippi

6. John Skelton QB Fordham
6. Linval Joseph DT East Carolina
7. Riar Greer TE Colorado

#458475 01/31/10 12:37 PM
Legend
Legend
Here we go:

Quote:

1)Joe Haden – CB – 5’11 – 190 lbs. - Florida
Gini’ will definitely pick Haden hoping to get his Darrel Revis, not to add that Rex Ryan is going to dial up even more blitzes once this guy comes into camp. Ryan loves CB’s that can man cover, and Haden is one of the best in this year’s class. He, Eric Wright, and Brandon McDonald will make a great 3 man secondary. Haden has great speed, and has an amazing ability to break up passes by reading routes better than a lot the other corners coming out. Haden, Welcome to Cleveland.

2) Brandon Spikes – MLB – 6’3 – 256 lbs. - Florida
Spikes will not be the first MLB taken, but he is the most physical and intimidating LB in this class. The Browns need some swagger on their defense. The Browns need a defender that the offense watches at all times. They need a hit-man who plays with a chip on his shoulder. Add Spikes who will be playing next to D’Qwell Jackson, and playing behind Shaun Rogers on the d-line, and he will have all the team support to take the Brown’s defense to the top. He will be the next Ray Lewis. Spikes, Welcome to Cleveland.

3) A) Darrell Stuckey – S – 6’1 – 205 lbs. – Kansas
It is time to add a new safety to the Brown’s defense. Mike Furrey is not a safety. Poole has concussion issues. Elam is worse than Sean Jones. Stuckey has done great things for Kansas. In my opinion, he fits the mold of an Adrian Wilson. He has the versatility to lineup anywhere on the field and get involved in every play. He would get drafted earlier if this year’s draft was not so deep at Safety. Stuckey, Welcome to Cleveland.

B) Sam Young- RT – 6’8 – 305 lbs. – Notre Dame
If it is not obvious, we dreadfully need a right tackle. Sam Young would have been a first round pick easily last year, but his stock has fallen, as often seniors who choose not to leave early normally do. Analysts over exaggerate a guy’s inability after they praise their ability for 3 years. He is a solid blocker, and would be a good fit for this team. He has the experience and leadership to start right away. Gini’ will have him ready to go after he runs a few laps for his mistakes in practice. Young, Welcome to Cleveland.

4) LeGarrette Blount – HB – 6’2 – 240 lbs. - Oregon
Blount made a huge mistake. HUGE!! MONUMENTAL!! But he is young, he is passionate about winning, and I would pick him up on any day of the week, and twice on Tuesdays. The guy is what Jamal Lewis use to be. He can hit the hole hard, break tackles, truck defenders, and last but not least, score points. Blount will have defenses running scared, just hoping he doesn’t come their way, i.e. Brandon Jacobs. At the end of a long season, Blount’s size would be perfect. Blount, Welcome to Cleveland.

5)A) Sergio Render – G- 6’4 – 324 lbs. – Virginia Tech
It is blatantly obvious AGAIN, that the Browns also need a right guard. Sergio Render in the 5th round would be a steal. He is not too light, he is not too heavy. Render is the perfect size. He has the strength to bench over 400 lbs., and that is a plus as well. The Browns add a road grader to get down and dirty through 4 quarters of football. Render, Welcome to Cleveland.

B) Myron Rolle – S – 6’1 – 217 lbs. – Florida State
Rolle is the type of athlete Mangini will pee in his pants over. He is a very intelligent athlete with tremendous character and heart. Not only is he smart, he is very gifted athletically, and can make plays on the field. Depth at the safety position is needed on the Brown’s roster, and adding Rolle will give the safeties options in the secondary in case of injury. He is a fan favorite. Rolle, Welcome to Cleveland.

if not Rolle, then add S Barry Church of Toledo.

C) Carlton Mitchell – WR – 6’4 – 212 lbs. – South Florida
A lot of guys are putting Mitchell’s name right next to Brandon Marshall, except for one thing. He doesn’t have a history of beating on his girlfriend. Tall, Good Speed, Great Hands, and can go get the ball in the air with any corner at his side. Mitchell, MoMass, and Robiskie make up a great, young, 3 man show.

6)A) Kade Weston – DT 6’5 – 322 lbs. – Georgia
We must add another big ugly into the mix. Weston is huge, and will be a good guy to put in there to let the starters catch a breather. Robaire Smith and Kenyon Coleman are getting older, Williams will not be here, and a few other guys aren’t worthy of a roster spot. Weston adds size and strength to the defensive line to make them even more aggressive. I like. Weston, Welcome to Cleveland.

B) Dan Lefevour –QB – 6’3 – 229 lbs. – Central Michigan
Holmgren gets the kind of QB he likes to target in the later rounds to groom if Quinn does not succeed. He was a few points of having a 70% completion percentage. The past few years, the fans of Central Michigan have been comparing his playing style to Tim Tebow, but IMO he is a lot better passer in regards to his release and accuracy. The Browns will need someone to sit behind Quinn because Anderson will be a goner.

7) Scott Sicko –TE - 6’4 – 242 lbs. – New Hampshire
The best TE in I-AA football, and plus he has a great name. He has caught a ton of passes, and plenty of TD’s. If we couldn’t get the best TE in I-A, go ahead and get the best in I-AA. I’m hoping that Sicko and Evan Moore can team together to make some nice plays when the two TE sets are dialed up. Sicko, Welcome to Cleveland.

I think this mock in particular gives the Browns a better chance to win on any given Sunday.

1) The defense gets better. Ryan can blitz more, and can rely more on his corners to make plays when needed to. The run defense gets better as well. Spikes next to D'qwell will be nasty.

2) The offense gets better because the defense will give them more opportunities to move the ball and score. Whoever is at QB, preferably Quinn, will be a lot better protected with Young at RT, and Render at Guard. Not only does the QB get better, but our RB's too. Blount would do wonders at the end of the season when teams are filled with injuries and tired bodies.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
I wouldn't mind spikes in the 2nd. Especially after seeing what he tossed Andre Smith like a rag doll a few years ago. I'm starting to have mixed feelings about Sam Young. He has not been impressive this year. I would LOVE Myron Rolle in the 5th round however I don't see it happening.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would love if this mock came true.

Except for maybe the Blount pick, I just think this guy is going to be trouble.

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Elam is worse than Sean Jones.

Never thought I'd see you put the beat down on a Georgia alum ......

I could see Blount go anywhere from 3rd to undrafted, depending on ow his interviews and the recommendation of his coaches go.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Thanks for the effort,...

I want Iupati.

Rolle won't last that long. I would jump at the chance to get an athlete that talented with a Rhodes background in my locker room.

Last edited by OoooRahJoice; 01/31/10 02:40 PM.
C
Legend
Legend
C
I wouldn't be upset if we took Brandon Graham #7.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't like the Spikes or Young picks. Both are gonna fall. Here's a mock I just made. I went with a few different things that I think might happen.

1. St. Louis Rams: Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
2. Detroit Lions: Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma St.
4. Washington Redskins: Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
5. Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Berry S Tennessee
6. Seattle Seahawks: Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
7. Cleveland Browns: Joe Haden CB Florida
8. Oakland Raiders: Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
9. Buffalo Bills: Bryan Bulaga OT Wisconsin
10. Jacksonville Jaguars: Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
11. Denver Broncos (from Chicago): Sergio Kindle OLB Texas
12. Miami Dolphins: Rolando McClain LB Alabama
13. San Francisco 49ers: Russell Okung OT Oklahoma St.
14. Seattle (from Denver): C.J. Spiller RB Clemson
15. New York Giants: Dan Williams DT Tennessee
16. Tennessee Titans: Jason Pierre-Paul DE USF
17. San Francisco (from Carolina): Taylor Mays S USC
18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Sean Weatherspoon LB Missouri
19. Atlanta Falcons: Carlos Dunlap DE Florida
20. Houston Texans: Brian Price DT UCLA
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma
22. New England Patriots: Brandon Graham OLB Michigan
23. Green Bay Packers: Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
24. Philadelphia Eagles: Earl Thomas S Texas
25. Baltimore Ravens: Arrelious Benn WR Illinois
26. Arizona Cardinals: Bruce Campbell OT Maryland
27. Dallas Cowboys: Mike Iupati OG Idaho
28. San Diego Chargers: Jahvid Best RB California
29. New York Jets: Golden Tate WR Notre Dame
30. Minnesota Vikings: Chad Jones S LSU
31. New Orleans Saints: Jared Odrick DT Penn St.
32. Indianapolis Colts: Perrish Cox CB Oklahoma St.

For the rest of the draft, I'll give the Browns

2: Ricky Sapp OLB Clemson
3a: Jon Jerry G Ole Miss
3b: Kam Chancellor S Virginia Tech
4: Micah Johnson LB Kentucky
5a: LeGarrette Blount RB Oregon
5b: Jimmy Graham TE Miami (FL)
5c: Doug Worthington DE Ohio State

And that's where I'm stopping.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I wouldn't be upset if we took Brandon Graham #7.

Well if he listens to most recent alumni, he ain't comin' here,....

M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Quote:

I would love if this mock came true.

Except for maybe the Blount pick, I just think this guy is going to be trouble.

KING

Blount is a Bengals pick waiting to happen.

"My opinions and feelings are mine and shall not be influenced by anyone....especially liberals."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Well thnx. Now I don't have to do a mock

I wouldn't change a thing other than Rolle but you have Church as an option which is the way i'd go since I don't think Rolle willbe available at that pick.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
want no part of Sam Young or Blount

i haven't seen a whole lot of Haden, but if you are going to pick a CB that early when the rules of the game favor WRs/Offense, you better hope that he is Revis and not a slightly better Eric Wright

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
that sounds like a dream come true...

however...everyone is talking about LeFevour as a 2nd or 3rd rounder...so i wouldnt expect him to last until the 6th...if we were to grab a 6th rounder QB...a guy like Case Keenum from Houston

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"Everyone" is wrong. No way he goes that high.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Case Keenum isn't in the draft. He's in college.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
My post-senior Bowl Draft:

1st Round #7
Well hopefully Bradford is available here as we need a QB with accuracy. I don't care if we haven't fired Doball yet we are going to move towards a modified WCO and Bradford is almost the perfect QB for it.

However, I want no part of Clausen because he is a tool and I see images of Ryan Leaf. With that said I would prefer Eric Berry but he is most likely gone therefore I would not select Joe Haden. I would select Taylor Mays. We need safety help more than we need Corner help and Mays would be a monster in the middle of our defense. Can you imagine what Rob Ryan could come up with a 6'3 230/240LB Safety who can run in 4.3 range?

If you think it's crazy the Browns were seen talking to Mays per Scott Wright's draft site:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Observations/Monday.php

Quote:

Southern Cal S Taylor Mays takes a lot of heat from some and I was really looking forward to seeing him in the game. I came away impressed. The first thing that stood out about Mays is just how physical he is, delivering a number of big hits including a massive collision with Dan LeFevour on the goalline. After that play Mays got up, starting jawing with LeFevour and gave him a head-butt. I also noticed that Mays recognizes the run quickly and attacks. Perhaps the most important play of the game for Mays was when he read the quarterbacks eyes and intercepted Sean Canfield in the redzone. One of the biggest knocks on Mays is his perceived lack of playmaking skills in coverage but that was certainly a big one.

That's per Scott wright too. He would be our enforcer and probably one of the scariest Safeties in the league.

2nd Round:
I think we need more help rushing the passer (OLB) than stopping the run up the middle (ILB). I would pick Branden Graham from UM to come in and be our new pass rusher. He may not have protypical size but he finds a way to make plays

So in short:
1) Bradford/Berry/ Mays(Most Likely)
2) Brandan Graham

Predicting past the first 2 rounds is too convoluted and hard but I will ay I would like to see us draft L. Blount to give us a big back as we need one and M. Rolle.

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Your (and My) Mock Drafts

Link Copied to Clipboard