Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If he's there in the 2nd we might take him, and if he's there at the top of the 3rd (which is a possibility) I all but guarantee we take him.

On the negative side of this,, Charlie Casserly said in a video on NFL.com, that he doesn't think that he'd take tebow even in the 4 th round.. He doesn't feel he'll make it in the NFL.... or at the very least, he's a long shot.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Ammo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

If he's there in the 2nd we might take him, and if he's there at the top of the 3rd (which is a possibility) I all but guarantee we take him.

On the negative side of this,, Charlie Casserly said in a video on NFL.com, that he doesn't think that he'd take tebow even in the 4 th round.. He doesn't feel he'll make it in the NFL.... or at the very least, he's a long shot.

Charley Casserly is currently unemployed in the NFL.

Just sayin'.

Legend
Legend
don't shoot the messenger

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just sayin'.

Charlie Casserly also drafted Mario Williams ahead of Reggie Bush, Vince Young, and D'Brickashaw Ferguson when he knew everyone would call him crazy. Ironically, that's pretty much what got him fired.

He followed that up with Demeco Ryans in the second round. Obviously, these are both defensive guys, but overall I trust his judgement.

Legend
Legend
So... All these guys they're inviting to the draft they think will get picked in the 2nd... Are they going to make them hold up number 2 jerseys?

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

So... All these guys they're inviting to the draft they think will get picked in the 2nd... Are they going to make them hold up number 2 jerseys?

will they be disappointed if the Saints pick them at #32 because they won't get to go to the draft party the next night?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm not sure why they would invite Tebow to be in NY for Draft Day..

I don't think I've seen one mock that has Tebow going in the first round.. why would they subject him to that.. Unless they know something nobody on the planet knows...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not sure why they would invite Tebow to be in NY for Draft Day..

I don't think I've seen one mock that has Tebow going in the first round.. why would they subject him to that.. Unless they know something nobody on the planet knows...

they didn't invite him to the Thursday night session.

they invited him for the Friday night session (round2 and 3).

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Just sayin'.

So are you.......just saying.......

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
After reading some of Ammo and Throw Long's posts on here I think you guys really need to stop your model building because that glue smell has obviously warped your reasoning power......I also seem to remember TL having a pretty big mancrush on DA. Hmmm......

There is no way we take Tebow at # 7.

He's a great kid.

He's probably gonna be a decent QB if he gets on the right team.

But he's not a top ten pick. And we've got so many picks now I don't see us moving down and picking up more picks just to pick him.

As far as getting him in for a private workout I'm not sure how much stock to put into that. I would hope they'll do the same for Pike and LeFevour as well, maybe even McCoy. Due diligence.

The draft will be an interesting proposition for the Browns this year. Too bad the NFL decided to spread it over 3 days.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
A
Ammo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Just sayin'.

So are you.......just saying.......

Yep, I'm just sayin'.

Just sayin'.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Surprised you didn't put up 30 or 40 graemlins.........

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Quote:

The Great Prophecy must come true...

As it is, the Browns are already better just for spending 5 or 20 minutes with him.

That made me laugh really hard.

As others have said, it's hard not to like the guy.

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice.
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Quote:

Quote:

I am not against drafting Tim Tebow. And with all of our QB movement it seems like it is more likely we will draft him.

How does this affect Joe Thomas? Tebow being a lefty makes right tackle protect the QB's blindside. Does Thomas switch positions if Tebow ends up starting?

I'm still hoping for Dan LeFevour, but I won't be upset with Tebow.

I don't think Thomas would move to the right side.

He's played there before for unbalanced run formations.

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
j/c

Charlie also said he probably is in the minority on his thinking on Tebow.

I have heard alot of different views on Tebow and Charlie is as far left as i have heard....and he knows it.

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He was at tight end there, and that's not the point. Defenses put their best pass rusher on the right side (left side of offense) so the best pass blocker should be at left tackle. He wouldn't be moved.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm no QB passing mechanics guru.......but I've heard from a few people within the NFL that say his changed mechanics won't mean much if he reverts back to his old ways when 4-to-6 NFL bodies are rushing at him at full speed while trying read a defense and make a throw. It's all warm and fuzzy to see him make some nice tosses at a Pro Day but who knows what happens in a real game situation.

I'm no QB guru either punch but that's why nobody is making him out to be a good starting QB from day 1. He needs to sit for a year or so behind somebody else and refine his technique improvements until they are second nature... that's when he will stop resorting back to old habits under pressure and you can't do that in the 2 or 3 months that he's been working on this. Give him a full NFL camp with constant coaching, a full NFL season of running the scout team and taking reps with the second team while getting constant coaching... give him a second entire offseason to work on it.. about then the mechanics should be second nature to the point where he doesn't resort back.. (very often)...

yebat' Putin
B
Legend
Legend
B
Funny how people don't want Tebow because they feel he can't start right out of the gate but were willing to keep Quinn around a few more years to give him the seasoning needed.

Oh well.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Ammo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Funny how people don't want Tebow because they feel he can't start right out of the gate but were willing to keep Quinn around a few more years to give him the seasoning needed.

Oh well.

This x1000000000000000

Think about this: Remember how Quinn was supposedly "NFL Ready?" Well, one could argue Charlie Weis tapped all his potential at ND with NFL style coaching. Timmy has barely scratched the surface, one could argue.

One thing's for sure, the ridiculous "He's a tight end or H-back" argument is now debunked.

Just sayin'.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ammo,
I would not get into a Quinn vs Tebow debate or history lesson but Tebow has some negatives as a QB. First, He came from a system that really does not "teach" the QB how to read coverages. That spread offense stuff does NOT help college QBs with their defense reading, going through progressions..etc. Can he learn that, hopefully but he is NOT NFL ready right now. ( we can debate how many of these kids are really ready also!).

Second - him having to readjust his throwing motion is a concern because he needs more time to make it a habit. Yes, six weeks ago he looked bad, but Tebow did work on it. Now he needs more time at NFL training camp speed to make sure it "sticks".

So if a team needs a QB to start the first game - Tebow is not it. If a team can wait atleast 2 years, then a team should take a shot in the second or third round. Are the Browns that team - NOPE!!!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I would not get into a Quinn vs Tebow debate or history lesson but Tebow has some negatives as a QB.

Don't most? I mean, really. Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round,, believe me, nobody would have passed had they figured him out before the draft.

On the other hand we have Ryan Leaf.. nobody figured him out before the draft.. a costly mistake..

I'm neither defending Tebow or bashing him,, but one thing for sure, the draft and all the hype leading up to it is just a bunch of guess work at best.

Tebow may drop to 4th round, and end up being what Peen thinks,, a SB MVP.. or he could get taken in the second and turn out worthless...,

For every negative you list, I can easily find a positive.

So, who's right?

Thing is, we probably won't know for 2 or so years..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Months ago, I remember hearing Holmgren speak on drafting QB's.
(this is a paraphrase, but it went something like this): "when looking at college QB's, one thing he must possess ...the innate ability to throw the football and throw it accurately." He went on to say "you can try to coach up mechanics, but making the transition from college to the pros is very difficult for a QB if he isn't already a good passer.

The QB position is just completely different in the NFL." Not sure of the exact words, best I could do from memory. But you get the idea.

I always refer back to comments made long ago as opposed to recently. As we get closer to the draft, anything and everything you hear from a GM's lips should be taken with a toaster sized block of salt. His comments left little for interpretation.

He felt strongly in guys being able to pass the ball and pass it well. While I respect SOBO's observations on Favre, I don't remember him really being questioned on his inherent ability to throw. He could always sling the rock.

I get the feeling Holmgren feels a player can be coached up with decision making or footwork... but not throwing the rock, and throwing it accurately.
U either have that ability or U don't..and if U don't..well hasn't Cleveland seen enough in accurate QB's?????

But again, that's just my take on what he said. It makes sense to me only because I find it hard to believe you can unlearn a throwing motion you've had since who knows when in a short amount of time.

Legend
Legend
Ummmm, just clarifying. Fiber is running which direction? 'Cause that will DEFINE a good day versus a bad day.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Yea , I remember some of that conversation. Was it him or someone on here that said somin I will always remember.

"There aren't 32 real quality QB's on the PLANET. You don't stop looking for them or drafting them just because you failed to pick right in the past."

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

He was at tight end there, and that's not the point. Defenses put their best pass rusher on the right side (left side of offense) so the best pass blocker should be at left tackle. He wouldn't be moved.

I don't think this is necessarily rule. I think defensive coordinators are more likely to put their best pass rushers against the left side of the offense because:

A) Its the QB's blindside so there's a better chance he won't see him coming.
B) They'll go against the TE less often as the TE will more often play to the QBs vision side as an easier safety valve. As most QBs are right handed, this is what you'll often see.

Now with a lefty QB, I could potentially see the logic in reversing this. You want your best pass blocking protecting your QBs blindside don't you?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Quote:

Oh well.

This x1000000000000000

Think about this: Remember how Quinn was supposedly "NFL Ready?" Well, one could argue Charlie Weis tapped all his potential at ND with NFL style coaching. Timmy has barely scratched the surface, one could argue.

One thing's for sure, the ridiculous "He's a tight end or H-back" argument is now debunked.

Just sayin'.

This x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000 or x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

Can't decide which.

[Linked Image]
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
The site is still awaiting a new CBA so we can establish the graemlin/0's cap. I say we get moving on it.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Until he's played at least one game in the NFL how is this debunked?

Now, before the Tebowites gather to chase me across cyberspace with pitchforks let me say that I'm not saying he isn't gonna be a good QB.

But how does anyone know he's gonna be anything more than Tim Couch at this point?

Legend
Legend
Nobody can know 100 % for sure... But people can believe all they want.. its fair to do so...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

Until he's played at least one game in the NFL how is this debunked?

Now, before the Tebowites gather to chase me across cyberspace with pitchforks let me say that I'm not saying he isn't gonna be a good QB.

But how does anyone know he's gonna be anything more than Tim Couch at this point?

I agree otto. There is no way to tell how good a player might become.

I do take some comfort, and with this I am sure you will agree; based on the history of most of the posters ability to identify a good QB, it is probably a good thing most around here feel TT will never amount to much.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
1st String
1st String
C
Quote:

Defenses put their best pass rusher on the right side (left side of offense) so the best pass blocker should be at left tackle. He wouldn't be moved.

but, this is only convention. check out the denver game. JT stonewalled dumerville a few times, as normal. but dumerville slid to the other side and embarrassed st claire.

my point, i guess, is that any compentant defense is gonna attack the weakness. tebow under center (if he's learned that yet) just means you flip the formation and attack his blind side. i agree that joe wouldn't move, but dont think that convention would dictate defenses wasting their best pass rusher to challenge joe....thats simply not a good gameplan. without an elite RT, tebow is a sitting duck.

all of a sudden, a simple fascination for a borderline QB makes our OL the highest paid in the NFL. while that'd be nice, we could possibly use a couple skill players to help out scoring points.

Legend
Legend
The answer is simple,, Find a Pro Bowl RT and RG.... then you just don't have to worry about it.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I do take some comfort, and with this I am sure you will agree; based on the history of most of the posters ability to identify a good QB, it is probably a good thing most around here feel TT will never amount to much.

Well, so far I've been "right" about roughly 3 players since the Browns came back in '99.

Hopefully, I'm getting better. Although, I'm not holding my breath......

I would not mind picking up Tebow with one of our 3rd round picks. But I doubt he'll slip that far.

I just don't see us bundling picks to move up for any QB, other than Bradford. Likewise, I don't see us taking picks to move down in the first to pick TT up, although this option is slightly more likely than the other options to pick Tebow up.

Of course, there isn't that much history of what Holmgren will do as the head man to make a definitive estimation of how he'll pick. He could surprise us all. I just hope they end up being good surprises.

All I know is I'm really tired of going to a game and shaking my head at halftime saying, "Jesus, here we go again".......... Whoever stops that has my full support.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

I remember a lot of people (myself included) who thought that Quinn and Frye would never do anything with the Browns.

On the other hand, Couch and Cool Hand Luke...yeah...oops.

you had a good run Hank.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
How would Timmy's political enthusiasm (for lack of a better term) fit in an NFL locker room?

To be clear, I don't want to take any side and I'm not interested in discussing any politics, but TT has very strong views and wears them very openly. NFL players come from all over the country with very different upbringings. Would Tebow be a leader or divider? Just wondering... I remember PFT bringing up a similar point a while back.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

How would Timmy's political enthusiasm (for lack of a better term) fit in an NFL locker room?

To be clear, I don't want to take any side and I'm not interested in discussing any politics, but TT has very strong views and wears them very openly. NFL players come from all over the country with very different upbringings. Would Tebow be a leader or divider? Just wondering... I remember PFT bringing up a similar point a while back.

According to the talking heads, just spending 5 minutes with Tebow will make your life better. You ACTUALLY walk away A BETTER PERSON.
How can he not bring an entire locker room together?

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Yeah that made me laugh

I guess to be nit-picky on my own question, it's not so much political as it is religious, although there is some carryover. And again to be clear I'm only thinking in context of how it would potentially fit in an NFL locker room... nothing more.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

If it wasn't a problem for Isaac Bruce, I don't see it being a problem with Tim Tebow. Unless, of course, he's openly calling people sinners for having pre marital sex.

Honestly, I think that is completely blown out of proportion.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The site is still awaiting a new CBA so we can establish the graemlin/0's cap. I say we get moving on it.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Wow you have a lot of time on your hands.

[Linked Image]
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Timmy Tebow to unveil new delivery at Pro Day

Link Copied to Clipboard