dude.. u need to chill with tebow..

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

dude.. u need to chill with tebow..

No I don't. If you can pimp guys like Jones and every other half ass Georgia player to come down the pike, why can't I pimp a Tebow???

Admit it.....you just don't like the fact he is showing it just isn't hype....there is something there

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
You are going over board with the pimping..

I could care less if Tebow succeeds. I want him to if he becomes a Brown for sure.. But you are making excuses for his weaknesses, and blowing up his strengths..

You have on Orange and Blue Shades x 100.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

You have on Orange and Blue Shades x 100.

More like X10000000000000000000

I think Peen is going to sink into a deep depression once Tebow turns into a bust

C
1st String
1st String
C
j/c

no ones really knocking teblow for his athleticism.....its his ability to play the QB position. something meyer forgot to teach him in te first place.

choco #466784 02/28/10 07:23 PM
Legend
Legend
Loved it when Marshal Faulk said Tebow has done more for Florida, than Florida has done for Tebow.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

All the top QBs not throwing has made this combine a joke for QBs IMO. What was Lefevour's excuse?

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
My observations from the day..

RBs - Ben Tate and Montario Hardesty both had really good days, not only in the measurables, but also in drills. Javvaris James and Pat Paschall looked pretty good too for later round guys. Of the guys getting a lot of attention, Ryan Matthews and Toby Gerhart looked best. I think Jonathan Dwyer and Anthony Dixon had bad days. For a tiny guy (by NFL standards), Dexter McCluster ran poorly, but showed strength in the measurables and looked good in drills.

QBs - too many guys didn't throw, so its hard to say too much. Jarret Brown, Dan LeFevour, and Tim Tebow all had good days with the measurables. John Skelton looked best to be throwing the ball - great zip and was on target more than the others. Jevan Snead looked terrible, and slow. Pike didn't impress me, and looked very thin. Everyone else was somewhere in the middle...

WRs - didn't see too much of them, was focusing more on QB during drills. Measurables...Jacoby Ford was the only player under 4.3 and only WR under 4.4. For a later round guy, Scott Long (nfl.com shows Brandon though) did well in all of the measurables.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
One of the NFL station's talking heads said that he was changing his mechanics too, then they went on a 5 minute rant about him not throwing.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don't get it myself. These guys have played their whole lives the way they played in college. I personally don't think they can change. All QBs throw differently, some it works for some it don't. I believe they are making a mockery of the combine by not throwing if they are able. It is not like there is no game film of their mechanics

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Most of that is just excuses. They would much rather throw at a pro day under their own conditions with receivers they know.

R
All Pro
All Pro
R
it's about money. period. the agents are calling the shots with this and everyspot a guy slides lost $$$$$$.

If your a guy on the cusp and slip a round it could be costly.

it proof we pay rookies too much money. They should all want to throw. The combine invite should be a blessing....yet these kids are guided to snub it for the all mighty dollars that the draft dishes out.

"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
clutch hit the nail on the head. they're not in a controlled, scripted environment like their pro days will be. over and over GMs have said (on Sirius), the combine rarely drops people, but it definitely rises them (draft stock). at this point, I almost hope it hurts LeFevour and Tebow and anyone else that wasn't recovering from injury - just to prove a point to the agents who are telling them to not throw. At least some GMs should tell the kids as much...

That being said, I found it terribly interesting that they didn't rip Tebow for not throwing for the same reason.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

it's about money. period. the agents are calling the shots with this and everyspot a guy slides lost $$$$$$.

If your a guy on the cusp and slip a round it could be costly.

it proof we pay rookies too much money. They should all want to throw. The combine invite should be a blessing....yet these kids are guided to snub it for the all mighty dollars that the draft dishes out.

Roc On !

Legend
Legend
A few guys I think we MUST get on this team for the better..

1) Jordan Shipley - WR - looking to use one of the 3rd rounders on him
2) Legarette Blount - HB - looking to use the 4th rounder on him

Shipley is a very talented WR with great hands, and he makes great plays. Talk about getting separation. He knows how to run routes.
Blount is a force, ie Brandon Jacobs. We need that battering ram on this team. He is definitely one that can put fear into opposing defenses.

I'll also add Brandon Spikes to the list with the 2nd round pick. Most MLB's fall, and Spikes should be no different, especially with McClain being ranked ahead of him. Draft Spikes, and re-sign D'Qwell for another 4 years, and our middle LB spots are locked and become great for the next few years.

Legend
Legend
Ever seen/heard Shipley on camera ? He is terrible,....very shy, very unassuming. One word answers.

The little guy in the bar you don't want to swing at,...

I think he would be a great addition, but so will the rest of the draft,...he might not even be there.

I cannot answer this, but do we really have to take that pick at that time ? We have plenty of other "holes" to fill.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Since we are talking about wr's. Anybody have a status update on Eric Decker?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Nope, but speaking of receivers, there's apparently plenty of red-flags going up about one Dez Bryant:

Quote:

PFT:
"Buyer beware" on Dez Bryant, too
Posted by Mike Florio on March 1, 2010 8:05 AM ET
Dez-Bryant.jpgBruce Campbell isn't the only guy who's prompting league insiders to try to temper their potential infatuation with a possible first-round pick. But while Campbell's negatives come from review of his game film, former Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant's suspension for lying to investigators is part of what Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports characterizes based on three unnamed sources as "consistently irresponsible" behavior.

Said one source of Bryant, who passed on all workouts at the Scouting Combine: "I wouldn't draft that kid unless I had someone to wake him up in the morning to get to meetings, someone to wake him up for practice and someone to wake him up for games." Another source backed up the contention that Bryant was "consistently late" for team activities.

Including games.

But while the man who called himself a "great person" in an NFL Network interview (and few people who publicly describe themselves a certain way are ever truly what they describe themselves to be) has been characterized as more "goofy" than malicious, we continue to hear concerns regarding the truthfulness of his assertion that he didn't know who agent Eugene Parker was during the time that Bryant was communicating with Deion Sanders.

It's a contention that some league insiders find even harder to believe in light of the fact that the son of Parker's partner, Roosevelt Barnes, was a teammate of Bryant's at Oklahoma State. But, hey, maybe a room full of college athletes who hope to get paid to do something that doesn't involve punching a clock would have no interest at all in knowing that the father of one of their teammates is a big-time agent who works with another big-time agent.

UPDATE: Responding to this item via Twitter, Greg Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel said that "[t]he stories about him around combine should frighten teams."

I'm beginning to wonder if this Bryant is in the same mold as one Antonio Bryant.

I'd been wary of his attitude long before the combine, and after reading all this stuff, I'm of the opinion that he isn't the guy I want at 7. I'd rather reach and take a guy like McClain before going for another potential Leon...............

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
C
Legend
Legend
C
I know he has to have foot surgery. He won't be ready to play until June.

link

Legend
Legend
Cohen just ran a 4.6... hmmm... thats not good... not for a 7th pick.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Looks like Haden had a poor showing in the 40 time, maybe he can improve it at Florida's pro day. Waiting to see Spikes 40 time.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Legend
Legend
spikes decided not to run the 40.. lol.

Even so.. I still want him in the 2nd.

Legend
Legend
Berry out-runs Haden at combine
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 2, 2010 10:48 AM ET
The defensive backs are running Tuesday morning at the NFL scouting combine, and the top two players in the position group had very different results in the 40-yard dash.

Tennessee's Eric Berry is in the process of solidifying his status as the top safety prospect with a good workout that included 40 times of 4.46 and 4.40 seconds. But Florida's Joe Haden, who entered the combine widely regarded as the top cornerback prospect, ran disappointing times of 4.57 and 4.60 seconds.

Those 40 times are unofficial, and unofficial times deserve plenty of scrutiny. But while we have Berry going fourth overall and Haden going fifth in our mock draft, Berry looked a lot more like a Top 5 pick on Tuesday morning than Haden did.

NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders, who knows a little something about playing defensive back and about running fast 40-yard dashes, said Haden looked uncomfortable from the beginning and even suggested that Haden might be getting some coaching that has made him self-conscious about his running technique.

"First of all, it was a horrible stance," Sanders said of Haden. "I don't know what he's being taught -- sometimes you've just got to let a guy run. Tweak him a little bit but don't try to change everything."

Sanders is right: When wearing a helmet and shoulder pads, Haden looks like a guy who has all the speed he needs. But when wearing his underwear Tuesday morning, Haden didn't look like an elite prospect.

web page

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Looks like Haden had a poor showing in the 40 time, maybe he can improve it at Florida's pro day. Waiting to see Spikes 40 time.

I know it's an indicator, but the kid can still cover. I personally don't put much stock in the Combine. Too many other immeasurable intangibles.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I think Spikes is hurting himself by not running. Listening to a Scott Wright Podcast, he thinks spikes will slip to the 3rd round. If you can get a spikes there, its a no brainer.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I must be the only poster on this board who is " Not " a Spikes fan

Legend
Legend
It's a severe Catch 22,....brought on by the "games" people play. Don't run ? You won't post a "slow" time, and hopefully not "drop." OR,...Don't run, and then drop because you're a "headcase." Throw, or don't throw ? Do you want to be a QB in this league or not ?

It's all too political because the money is too big.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

When wearing a helmet and shoulder pads, Haden looks like a guy who has all the speed he needs. But when wearing his underwear Tuesday morning, Haden didn't look like an elite prospect.

if his time was because he doesn't have a good track stance and didn't get a good start push, then why would we care? last I checked, DB's don't get in a track stance right before the snap.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I wouldn't mind getting him, but only if Berry is not there..

How is his tackling? b/c Wright is a liability against the run.. Every long run teams get, Wright was apart of it getting stiff armed, juked around, etc... that has to stop.

Legend
Legend
Two-tenths of a second bewteen their fastest and slowest times,....what is that,...four inches ?

I'm not pinging on you Grate, but that does not make a hill of beans to me. Like I wouldn't take Haden if Berry is gone,...

Legend
Legend
If Berry is gone, I would take Haden in a heartbeat. The guy knows how to play. It doesn't bother me one bit that he ran .2 slower. Straight line speed is only needed once you have done something really good or really bad.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

WOW Taylor Mays is an absolute freak. I can't believe he ran a 4.24 40 at 6'3" 230lbs. I was thinking he would run in the 4.35-4.4 range. Looks like he's gonna be a Raider, or better yet maybe Carrol locks him down with the 6th pick and let Berry fall to us if he makes it there.

I haven't seen his position drills, so it might be a little early to say that though.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Living in Southern California, I knew Mays was capable of running this type of forty time. I also know that Mays is highly overrated and had only four INT's in his four year career at USC. And isn't really the big hitter everyone makes him out to be.

Legend
Legend
that time was BOGUS!! He ran faster the second time, than the first, and got a slower time.. His second run he exploded off the line..

I don't believe he ran a 4.24.. as chris johnson has said.. key word UNOFFICIAL.

All Pro
All Pro
Mays had 5 INTS in his 4 year career

HACK

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Sorry, one off. Five INT's in his career and only two after his freshman year. Eric Berry had fourteen INT's in three years.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Just wait till Rich Eisen runs his forty. Johnson will be shaking in his boots.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Just wait till Rich Eisen runs his forty. Johnson will be shaking in his boots.

LMFAO, that was so hilarious last year. Especially when they ghosted the other players running against him. That fat lineman who's name escapes me right now even smoked him.

All Pro
All Pro
How many did Berry have last year?

HACK

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Mays had 1, Berry had 2, Earl Thomas had 8 which is a guy whoi'd like to have but 7 is too early and he won't be there in the second. So I want Nate Allen who had 4 plus 85 tackles.

On a side note Patrick Robinson ran a 4.42. Which Berry in the first and Robinson in the second would be my dream draft. Or even Ghee in the second who ran a 4.37.

Last edited by Cleveland_clutch; 03/02/10 01:59 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Combine thread...

Link Copied to Clipboard