Legend
Legend
Quote:

haha i like it

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm glad you took it the way it was intended. Light hearted and jokingly.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

[Linked Image]
Referee7 #474466 04/17/10 12:03 PM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Round 1, Number 7

RB – C. J. Spiller

Analysis: The Browns have been widely reported to have had a heavy presence at the Clemson Pro Day workouts and much attention was given to Spiller. The Browns need a running attack. While Spiller is not big, pounding rusher that most Browns fans would prefer, he is a both elusive and has blazing speed. Although Jerome Harrison showed some spark at the end of last season and is a similar size back as Spiller, he isn't going to be an every down back and he is slower than Spiller. Spiller had more than 20 runs of 50 yards or more in his college career. Spiller is also an effective receiving target, averaging more than 30 catches each year. The Browns added Hillis from Denver to block as well.

Round 2, Number 38

DT – Terrence Cody

Analysis: The Browns need a big bodied, block eater on the defensive line and the massive Cody certainly is that. With him in the game, the Browns linebackers should be able to penetrate into the backfield and getting pressure on opposing quarterbacks and making tackles on opposing ball carriers before they hit the holes. He isn't Suh or McCoy, but he doesn't have to be. His job will be to eat up blocks from opposing offensive linemen and he will do that job extremely well. Look for him to be make an impact from the first game.

Round 3, Number 71

OT – Jared Veldheer

Analysis: Veldheer has the size (6'-8” and 312 lbs) and all of the tools to be a starting left tackle in the NFL, but the Browns need offensive line help on the right side of the line. A bookend tackle like Veldheer fits that bill and if needed, he can be moved to the left side of the line without missing a beat. His performance at the combine has only enhanced his prospects. He put in a 5.06 sec 40-yd time, made 32 reps with the 225 bench, 33-1/2” vertical jump, and 9'-1” broad jump. His presence on the right side of the offensive line will help fellow rookie C.J. Spiller, the teams first round selection. He will certainly be one of the top tackles in the league and should be a Pro Bowl player very early.

Round 3, Number 85

QB – Dan LeFevour

Analysis: LeFevour has the skills to be a successful NFL quarterback under the proper tutelage and with a good supporting cast around him. Adding the offensive tools of Spiller, Veldheer, plus Freddie Barnes (see 5th round selection) as tools that will be there when he is ready to take the helm. The plan will be for LeFevour to sit and learn from gameday video, taking in the playbook and be the Browns #3 QB going into the season behind veterans Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace.

Round 3, Number 92

CB – Kevin Thomas

Analysis: Bigger, faster, and stronger than who many consider the best cornerback in the draft. He has the skills to cover most every receiver in the league one-on-one. His pro-day workout was outstanding and he reported did very well in the position drills. He could last into the fourth round on many boards, but without a fourth round selection, the Browns could take him with their final selection of the third round.

Round 5, Number 134

WR – Freddie Barnes

Analysis: Barnes doesn't have the raw speed that many of the more high-profile receivers have, but his ability to catch every pass that is his vicinity should put him on the radar of a number of teams. He led the nation with 155 catches and added 19 touchdowns, hauling in double digit receptions in 8 of the team's 12 regular season game. In the Humanitarian Bowl against Idaho, he nabbed 17 more, 3 of them for touchdowns!

Round 5, Number 146

SS – Kurt Coleman

Analysis: The Browns badly need help at both safety positions and Coleman will help at that respect. He has the ability to cover receivers and was a three year starter at Ohio State. He can also play “center field” as the free safety. He tallied four interceptions in 2009 for the Buckeyes.

Round 5, Number 160

FS – Robert Johnson

Analysis: Covering the other safety position, the Browns had their linebackers coach at the Utah pro-day and Johnson was reported to be one of the stand-out players during the workout sessions and is widely believed to have improved his stock quite a bit.

Round 6, Number 177

P – Zoltan Mesko

Analysis: At first glance, it might seem to be a weird selection, taking a punter this early in the sixth round. However, with the importance of controlling field position, you cannot underestimate the need for having a quality punter. Mesko is a Ray Guy Award finalist and one third (17) of his 52 punts went for 50 yards or more (he averaged 44.5 yards per punt). Slightly more (18) were fair caught and nearly a third (15) were downed inside the 20. Consistent special teams kicking can help you win a games in the NFL.

Round 6, Number 186

C – Kevin Matthews

Analysis: He has pedigree in the family and the Browns need depth at the center position. He impressed attendees at the Texas A&M pro-day and his size (6'-3”, 298 lbs) makes him a candidate to possibly move over to either guard position if needed.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Wow, that would be a horrible draft....while I like Spiller, he's a playmaker, he isn't really our biggest need (too similar in style to Harrison) and I'm not even sure he'd be the BPA

while I like the needs adressed I don't like the players you picked...LeFevour is NOT an NFL QB, he has C.Frye UPSIDE, Veldheer is a huge project who never even dominated at his level of play....he could pan out but he's no day 1 RT starting material, K.Thomas is a workout warrior, Coleman another waste with no real NFL talent...Barnes will go undrafted or 6th/7th at best and I'm saying this as someone who likes him...but I doubt he can get seperation in the NFL

I will post my Mock in 2 days, you can bash me back then ...I participated in a month long 32 armchair-GM mock, we are in round 7 right now..

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Thanks for the input.

Just calling it how I see it and why I see it that way.

I see Spiller more like Barry Sanders, not Jerome Harrison.

We'll just have to disagree about LeFevour.

Veldheer (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/02/27/division-iis-jared-veldheer-one-of-combines-most-intriguing-pl/) will be just fine. I'd like to see the other OTs lift 425 lbs. Just sayin'.

And you'll tell me Freddie Barnes can't catch the ball too! Right?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

And you'll tell me Freddie Barnes can't catch the ball too! Right?

No, he has good, strong hands...the problem, as I said, is his acceleration and speed..he's really slow, simple as that....over the past drafts there have been a lot of big, slow footed WR who were great in College but never made any difference in the NFL because of separation issues (go ask Jarret, Mike Williams and all those 6'3+ 2nd day WR who almost never pan out...you get the occasional Marshall or Colston but not much in between)...I wouldn't go mad if we take a flyer with our 6th on him but I'm sure there's better talent available in round 5 in THIS particular draft that I would not like to pass up for Barnes

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Strangely, I'm with Django.

I'd prefer other players over Spiller because I believe Harrison has earned the right to try to start for this team at the beginning of next year.

Dan LeFevour also reminds me of Charlie Frye, Bruce Gradkowski, and other MAC QBs who don't have the physical ability to play in the NFL. Just because the guy has an NFL body and did well with his bad team against bad opponents doesn't mean that he can be an NFL QB. He doesn't have an NFL arm. Just like Charlie Frye and Gradkowski. When Frye joined this team, Dilfer had a better arm than him. Frye will never be truly successful in the NFL because of this problem. So yeah, if we draft LeFevour in almost any round, I will be grossly dissapointed.

Instead, I would rather have Zac Robinson, who in games I've seen, has a much better arm than Mr. LeFevour. You can't play in the NFL as a QB if you can't throw the ball, period.

I don't know much about Veldheer except he went to a small college. The lower rounds linemen I simply do not know enough to comment on. But the right side of the line needs to be addressed early. If that means trading our 2nd&3rd to move into 1st to get one, that's fine. If that means trading two 3rds to move into round 2 to get one, that's fine too. I just want a real starting O-Linemen for Day 1, if Veldheer can do that, fine.

Same thing with this Freddie Barnes, don't know anything about him. Never watched him play, like Veldheer. But we need speed or quickness before we need a big target. Someone who can line up in the slot and catch the ball. Jordan Shippley or Gilyard can probably provide this in the 3rd round or lower. I like both of them, have seen them play and they could definitely have a place on this Browns team

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You say Matthews has the pedigree. Is he related to Clay and Bruce et al? If so how? Clay's other son? Bruce's?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

You say Matthews has the pedigree. Is he related to Clay and Bruce et al? If so how? Clay's other son? Bruce's?

Isn't his name Clay Matthews Jr. Hence he's Clay Matthew's son? From what I remember he's like a UFC walkon.

He was a guy I wanted in the 2nd round, no earlier, and I was wrong (would have been a good 1st round pick). All those USC LBs are very talented, but Matthews had a great year this year. I figured he was riding the coat-tails of a good team, but Clay Matthews Jr. showed that he was the real deal last year

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
All Pro
All Pro
Technically I think he's CM III. I'm sure somebody will educate me if I'm wrong.

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore
G
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
G
I will say this much: If Heckert sticks to his guns and drafts purely on BPA, CJ Spiller needs to be on Browns fans radars more. I'm assuming your mock has Berry going before we select. Spiller, on pure talent, is pretty high on boards.

Carolina didn't need to select Jonathan Stewart at 13 in 2008 when they had DeAngelo Williams. They did select Jonathan Stewart. They haven't regretted it.

Now, would Spiller/Harrison be as effective as Stewart/Williams? That's a lot to ask. But Spiller is a very, very talented prospect.

I'd be perfectly fine not taking a RB in the draft at all. I'd also, the more I think about it, accept Spiller. CJ Spiller, Jerome Harrison, Peyton Hillis, James Davis and possibly Chris Jennings may create a big logjam, but we'll be going into next year with Jake Delhomme at QB. We need to be able to run the ball.

Get_Rowdy
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Everyone needs to get off the Spiller gravy train.

Why in gods name would we take a runningback with pick number 7? Sorry to tell everyone but the days of runningbacks going top ten is OVER..... RB's are a dime a dozen now and with such a short shelflife theres no need to take them.

BTW, we have James Davis who beat out Spiller most of his college career. If this was a deeper draft class Spiller wouldn't even be a first round pick. If you want a rb Ryan Matthews will be twice the pro Spiller will be. You can mark that down, write it, take a picture..........I don't care. Ryan Matthews is the best RB in this class and it's not even close. And I wouldnt take him before pick 15.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

No, he has good, strong hands...the problem, as I said, is his acceleration and speed..he's really slow, simple as that....over the past drafts there have been a lot of big, slow footed WR who were great in College but never made any difference in the NFL because of separation issues (go ask Jarret, Mike Williams and all those 6'3+ 2nd day WR who almost never pan out...you get the occasional Marshall or Colston but not much in between)...I wouldn't go mad if we take a flyer with our 6th on him but I'm sure there's better talent available in round 5 in THIS particular draft that I would not like to pass up for Barnes

We'll see about Barnes, but I'll take a man that can catch passes but isn't a burner. Miami just unloaded Ted Ginn because he's unable to really catch the ball. He's fast but one that isn't a playmaker at all. Oakland took Heyward-Bey last year. Speed that can't catch the ball. Nine catches for 124 yards from the #7 overall pick last year!

Now, take slower receivers that can catch the ball. Wes Welker (like Marshall) has had over 100 receptions and over 1000 yards in three consecutive seasons. The primary purpose of receivers is to catch the ball. If you can't catch the ball, I don't care how fast you are.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Strangely, I'm with Django.

I'd prefer other players over Spiller because I believe Harrison has earned the right to try to start for this team at the beginning of next year.

I don't think you should believe that any player has earned the right to be the starter. Not buying that argument. We'll just have to agree to disagree about it.

Quote:

Dan LeFevour also reminds me of Charlie Frye, Bruce Gradkowski, and other MAC QBs who don't have the physical ability to play in the NFL. Just because the guy has an NFL body and did well with his bad team against bad opponents doesn't mean that he can be an NFL QB.

So yeah, if we draft LeFevour in almost any round, I will be grossly disappointed.

He has the tools to be an NFL QB. JaMarcus Russell had a big-time arm and what exactly has he done in the NFL? He played against top-notch college talent, right? Joe Flacco (from Div-IAA Delaware) played against (using your logic) lower rated competition than even LeFevour (from Div-IA Cent. Mich). I'm looking at drafting a QB with the tools to be a quality QB in the NFL.

Quote:

Instead, I would rather have Zac Robinson, who in games I've seen, has a much better arm than Mr. LeFevour. You can't play in the NFL as a QB if you can't throw the ball, period.

I suggest that you go back and watch the Senior Bowl.

Quote:

I don't know much about Veldheer except he went to a small college. The lower rounds linemen I simply do not know enough to comment on. But the right side of the line needs to be addressed early. If that means trading our 2nd&3rd to move into 1st to get one, that's fine. If that means trading two 3rds to move into round 2 to get one, that's fine too. I just want a real starting O-Linemen for Day 1, if Veldheer can do that, fine.

I haven't seen a great deal of film on him either, but I know he strong and I know he's smart. Hillsdale doesn't accept stupid people, but they finished ranked in the Top 10 in Division II polls. He also got a great deal of accolades for his combine performance.

Quote:

Same thing with this Freddie Barnes, don't know anything about him. Never watched him play, like Veldheer. But we need speed or quickness before we need a big target. Someone who can line up in the slot and catch the ball. Jordan Shippley or Gilyard can probably provide this in the 3rd round or lower. I like both of them, have seen them play and they could definitely have a place on this Browns team

The guy just catches everything thrown his way.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Technically I think he's CM III. I'm sure somebody will educate me if I'm wrong.

http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/matthews_kevin00.html

He is the son of HOF OL Bruce Matthews.

Yeah, I think the pedigree is in this family, more than in the Manning family of QBs.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I will say this much: If Heckert sticks to his guns and drafts purely on BPA, CJ Spiller needs to be on Browns fans radars more. I'm assuming your mock has Berry going before we select. Spiller, on pure talent, is pretty high on boards.

And that's part of the reason I think he'll be on the Browns board, but I do have Berry going before the Browns select.

Quote:

I'd be perfectly fine not taking a RB in the draft at all. I'd also, the more I think about it, accept Spiller. CJ Spiller, Jerome Harrison, Peyton Hillis, James Davis and possibly Chris Jennings may create a big logjam, but we'll be going into next year with Jake Delhomme at QB. We need to be able to run the ball.

I really wouldn't be alright with not taking a RB at all in the draft and I don't think taking one after the 3rd round will be the way to go. We'll need to be able to run the ball and have a playmaker able to breakaway. Spiller would do that.

Many here wanted Peterson three years ago. We didn't get him, selecting Joe Thomas instead. Now we have the opportunity to get the RB with breakaway ability and you folks are saying that we should pass on him if he's there? I would say that even if Berry is there (which I don't think he will) we should take Spiller. We need a game changer on the offense and the RB able to go the distance is just that.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That's not even the right player. Clay Mathews jr. is CLAY Mathews son. The kid in the profile would be his cousin and Bruces son. So I believe you are giving a bad education to Hooter

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I see Spiller more like Barry Sanders,

I really hope you were kidding with this statement

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Clay Matthews Jr. played for the Browns, so the Clay Matthews who got drafted last year would be the third.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

I see Spiller more like Barry Sanders,

I really hope you were kidding with this statement

I don't think he was. Which is why I kind of just left it alone....

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Nine catches for 124 yards from the #7 overall pick last year!

That sounds like pretty good stats. Who were the Raiders playing that week?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
jc... here's my best guess for this coming week if no trades happen:

Round 1, Number 7

FS– Eric Berry

By all accounts if he's there... I think we'll take him. I'm thinking he'll be there.

Round 2, Number 38

QB– Tim Tebow

Think we'd like to wait until the 3rd to get him but he won't last. Seems to have everything Holmgren preaches about in a QB. Great leader, great work habits, great feet, good accuracy, intelligent, etc.

Round 3, Number 71

RB/WR - Dexter McCluster

Just a playmaker... Probably the guy I really don't want to miss in this draft. More quick than fast. But is very, very explosive and plays bigger than he is.

Round 3, Number 85

OG - Zane Beedles

Projects as a replacement for the "little light in the pants" Steinbach... Strong, big kid, who played LT in college.

Round 3, Number 92

DT – Torrell Troup

Can't honestly say I've never noticed him playing. But from all accounts we are very interested in him. Bringing him in for two visits. Said to be a strong guy who was a four year starter for a good program.

Round 5, Number 134

OLB - Jason Worilds

Athletic DE in college who projects to OLB... could fit in right away as a pass rushing specialist. Only 6'1" so he could be a terror for the taller tackles in the NFL with his speed and low center of gravity.

Round 5, Number 146

OLB - O'Brien Schofield

Got hurt at the senior bowl.. Will probably red shirt his first season in the nfl. But would be a steal this late in the draft.

Round 5, Number 160

?? - Jameson Konz

Not sure where he'll play in the NFL.. another athletic freak who should at least be a special teams ace.

Round 6, Number 177

CB - Walter McFadden

Never noticed him when watching Auburn... has good numbers and measurables though. And is projected to go somewhere in the 6-7th round. So I'm taking him. Good thing our new FO doesn't draft players with my logic eh?

Round 6, Number 186

C - Jeff Byers

Can play guard too.. he's projected to go in the 6th... fills a possible need and looks the part

"I'm a mog. Half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Ryan Matthews is the best RB in this class and it's not even close.

What? I won't argue with you about Matthews being the best RB in the class. That is your opinion and even though I don't agree I can see how you would think that.

But Spiller was very successful in college and so was Jahvid Best (just as good as spiller but has injury concerns).

To say it isn't close is not true.

Quote:

And I wouldnt take him before pick 15.

You'll get no argument from there. On any RB.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I believe Ryan Matthews is the "closest thing you can get to an every down RB" in this years draft with a high talent level.

While Dez most likely has better hands in recieving and more pure speed, I find it highly doubtfull you'll be able to count on him for 20-25 carries a game for the long haul.

Has it ever been done? Yes it has, but the odds are most certainly not in his favor to do that till he's 30+.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Spiller dances too much through the line his only real strength is getting outside and making people miss, in the NFL he's not gonna be as effective relying solely on that.

Don't get me wrong Spiller is talented but to me he is boom or bust, the reason it's not even close is because Matthews will be an every down back that can carry the load and Spiller will be nothing more than a complimentary back.

That kind of value does not warrant a first round pick, let alone #7 in my opinion.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I can only predict one thing that we'll do in this draft:

We'll trade back into the 2nd round after we pick at 38.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Alright people ,here's my mock..it's based off Eo's visit list..

7) Eric Berry FS Texas
38) Devin McCourty CB Rutgers
71) Taylor Price WR Ohio
85) Torell Troup DL UCF
92) Vladimir Ducasse OL Mass
134) Jarrett Brown QB West Virginia
146) Charles Scott RB LSU
160) Kurt Coleman S OSU
177) Kavell Conner LB Clemson
186) Corey Peters DL Kentucky

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
That would be an amazing draft.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Probably what I need to do is post a sucky draft..every freaking time I post a good draft ,the Browns suck at theirs..which has been going on since 2000...wonder why I waste my time doing it..

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Probably what I need to do is post a sucky draft..every freaking time I post a good draft ,the Browns suck at theirs..which has been going on since 2000...wonder why I waste my time doing it..

We best not waste our time or the pick for that QB...Or any of em' after McCoy in 2...

Go Browns!!!
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
If Eric Berry is gone, I want to trade out of the first round completely, then use those picks to trade back into the 2nd round as many times as humanly possible.

It's a crazy idea that has a 1% chance of happening, but I'd rather have, say, 5 2nd round picks over 10 picks across the entire draft..

Last edited by Ammo; 04/19/10 09:38 AM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

We best not waste our time or the pick for that QB...Or any of em' after McCoy in 2...

I don't agree..I'm not a McCoy fan..alothough I'd certainly take him before Elbow...rather fix the secondary and take a QB later..

1.7 – Earl Thomas DB Texas

2.38 – Colt McCoy QB Texas

3.71 –Jacoby Ford WR Clemson

3.85- Thaddeus Gibson LB OSU

3.92 –Charles Scott RB LSU

5.134– Torrell Troup DL UCF

5.146- Kavell Conner OLB Clemson

5.160 – Myron Lewis FS Vanderbilt

6.177 – Zane Beadles OG Utah

6.186 – Marcus Easley WR Connecticut

Last edited by Attack Dawg; 04/19/10 09:43 AM.
D
2nd String
2nd String
D
Quote:

Alright people ,here's my mock..it's based off Eo's visit list..

7) Eric Berry FS Texas
38) Devin McCourty CB Rutgers
71) Taylor Price WR Ohio
85) Torell Troup DL UCF
92) Vladimir Ducasse OL Mass
134) Jarrett Brown QB West Virginia
146) Charles Scott RB LSU
160) Kurt Coleman S OSU
177) Kavell Conner LB Clemson
186) Corey Peters DL Kentucky

Man, I would love this draft. I have read we really like McCourty. The problem is, I hear that there are a lot of other teams that do too.

McCourty's stock has risen probably the highest of any player this past week (wtih the exception of maybe Charles Brown). I read McCourty could go in the 15-25 mark.

My dream draft would be either Berry and McCourty or Berry and Kareem Jackson.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Pat Kirwan from NFL.com has a new three round mock draft up.

He has us taking Spiller in the 1st (and Berry going to Seattle one spot in front of us).

It goes like this:

1st - Spiller

Quote:

Spiller is a 20-touch-a-game guy right away between rushing, receiving and returns. With an aging veteran quarterback like Jake Delhomme -- who knew how to get the ball in Steve Smith's hands for years in Carolina -- Spiller could get close to 1,800 yards of total offense in his rookie season.

2nd - McCoy

Quote:

The Browns passed on Jimmy Clausen in the first round, but now take the guy being compared to Drew Brees. I had one club executive tell me that if McCoy gets under the guidance of Mike Holmgren in a West Coast offense, he will be a solid starter by 2011 and make people regret they passed on him in the draft. It's hard to ignore McCoy's college production, as the Longhorn QB threw 112 touchdown passes and for 13,253 yards.

3rd - Chad Jones

Quote:

Jones is also a baseball player and has good ball skills. He brings size and range to the position.

Brandon Spikes

Quote:

Spikes may have run a slow 40-yard dash, but he makes plays on the field and is a value pick in the third round. He belongs in a 3-4 defense, playing the strong side at 249 pounds.

Thaddeus Gibson

Quote:

Gibson did not have a lot of sack production in college, but was an active outside linebacker who probably thought he was going in the first round. He plays hard, is a good athlete and will make a name for himself on special teams.

I can't see us taking two linebackers in the 3rd round as that is the position we have the most depth at on the whole roster.

Davy #474498 04/19/10 12:04 PM
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I participated in a draft (I was Cleveland GM) this past weekend with some friends that are draft nuts like myself. Here's how it went.

No surprises in the first 6 at all - I think most of us could see this falling out...I tried to trade up so we could get Berry, but nobody was listening.

1...St Louis...Sam Bradford
2...Detroit...Ndamukong Suh
3...Tampa Bay...Gerald McCoy
4...Washington...Russell Okung
5...Kansas City...Eric Berry
6...Seattle...Trent Williams

I was torn at #7, but the guy who had SF asked me if I was interested in a trade. I wonder if I could have gotten more, but was happy to get #13, #79, #113 for #7. He took Clausen, fearing that Oakland or Buffalo would take him. I don't know why SF fans aren't ok with Alex Smith

7...San Francisco...Jimmy Clausen
8...Oakland...Rolando McClain
9...Buffalo...Bryan Bulaga
10...Jacksonville...Joe Haden
11...Denver...Dez Bryant
12...Miami...Dan Williams

I was a little surprised Oak went with McClain, but ILB is a need. Dez Bryant to Denver surprised me - the Denver guy got ribbed that they just traded a headcase and potentially drafted another. It was my pick, and was torn between Thomas and Odrick...

13...Cleveland...Earl Thomas

14...Seattle...Derrick Morgan
15...NY Giants...Sean Weatherspoon
16...Tennessee...Brandon Graham
17...San Francisco...Taylor Mays
18...Pittsburgh...Maurkice Pouncey
19...Atlanta...Sergio Kindle
20...Houston...C.J. Spiller
21...Cincinnati...Jermaine Gresham

At 22 New England was on the clock and I offered him a trade that we both knew that wouldn't be passed up in real life - 2011 #1 and the newly acquired #113 in 2010 for #22. He jumped on it and I took Jared Odrick.

22...Cleveland...Jared Odrick
23...Green Bay...Anthony Davis

I made one more trade - I figured Philly had a high 2 and there is a history with Homgren and Reid, as well as Heckert and Philly and asked the Philly guy if he would take #38 and #71 for #24. He was torn where he wanted to go with the pick and said what the hell. I chose Colt McCoy because I wasn't positive that he would last past Minnesota or Indy (Painter looked terrible in his time, and they need a more capable backup for Peyton eventually), and that someone would trade up to get him ahead of #38, so I said what the heck.

24 Cleveland Colt McCoy

We only did 2 rounds, so I was done. I did spend some time afterwards playing out the rest of the draft and came up with the following

79...Brandon Lang...OLB
85...Syd'Quan Thompson...CB
92...Jacoby Ford...WRS
134...Sam Young...OT
146...Tony Moeaki...TE
160...Jeff Owens...DT
177...Terrell Skinner...S

thoughts?

Legend
Legend
I would like Thomas and Odrick...that would be awesome. I'm not sure if moving up to get McCoy is needed? But I'm no expert.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
link

Draft week is finally here, and there are still a number of veteran transactions that can have a profound impact on the early rounds.

Will the Washington Redskins sign a veteran left tackle such as Flozell Adams, and then attempt to move down in the first round and acquire more picks in the process?

The Miami Dolphins' trade for Brandon Marshall eliminated their need for a receiver, but created a need at that position in Denver. Speaking of the wide receiver position, that wasn't even a consideration a few weeks ago in Pittsburgh, but now the Steelers -- who traded Santonio Holmes to the New York Jets -- may be looking more closely at the position.

The trade of Ted Ginn Jr. to the San Francisco 49ers probably won't impact the draft too much, but if the Broncos send tight end Tony Scheffler to a place such as Cincinnati, then that will have a ripple effect on the first round.

If Jason Taylor signs with the Jets, that will significantly affect the Jets' draft plans.

Finally, mocking Round 2 -- which we attempt to do right here -- is even more difficult. The time off between Round 1 and Round 2 is a new experience for all decision-makers and teams will have additional time to re-stack their draft boards and get on the phone to work out some trades. This will change the whole complexion of the second day of the draft. It is going to be the most interesting draft in years.

Here is a look at my final mock draft -- this time going three rounds deep -- before the real thing kicks off Thursday (starting at 7:30 p.m. ET).

1. St. Louis Rams
Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

Rule No. 1 in the draft is never pass on a franchise quarterback. Bradford is healthy, and fits the NFL profile for height and weight. He is reminiscent of Troy Aikman with his poise and accurate passing. According to Phil Simms, it is a clear-cut decision for the Rams when compared to the other quarterbacks in this draft.

2. Detroit Lions
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

In Detroit, Suh could line up between established veterans such as Corey Williams and Kyle Vanden Bosch, which should accelerate his growth. Finally, the Lions will have a solid defensive front.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

McCoy fits the profile of a Tampa defensive tackle, with terrific one-gap penetration skills. He's not as strong as Suh, but has a big-time motor and will be disruptive in the backfield.

4. Washington Redskins
Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

There is talk of Trent Williams in this spot, but Okung is the better left tackle candidate in the eyes of the offensive line coaches I spoke with. The retirement of Chris Samuels and the addition of quarterback Donovan McNabb makes this move critical. If the Redskins sign Flozell Adams, they could move out of this spot and pick up more picks, which they very much need. Don't be surprised if Seattle is interested in moving into this spot for Okung.

5. Kansas City Chiefs
Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

Trent Williams may be the popular guy for this spot, too, but I think I know Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli well enough to know what types of players he likes. Bulaga is Pioli's kind of guy: Rock solid, steady and NFL-ready right now.

6. Seattle Seahawks
Eric Berry, S, Tennessee

The Seahawks really need a left tackle, but they also have Alex Gibbs coaching the offensive line and he will find a tackle later in the draft. Berry is versatile and was coached in college by Pete Carroll's friend Monte Kiffin. Berry's skill set would make him an ideal fit in Seattle.

7. Cleveland Browns
C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

Spiller is a 20-touch-a-game guy right away between rushing, receiving and returns. With an aging veteran quarterback like Jake Delhomme -- who knew how to get the ball in Steve Smith's hands for years in Carolina -- Spiller could get close to 1,800 yards of total offense in his rookie season.

8. Oakland Raiders
Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

The Raiders need a tackle in the worst way, and Al Davis loves size and speed. Williams was clocked under 4.9 in his NFL Scouting Combine 40-yard dash at 315 pounds. He plugs in at right tackle and may eventually may head over to the left side.

9. Buffalo Bills
Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

Clausen is NFL-ready, his toe injury is healed and he has played in cold weather. Clausen has also displayed a strong arm, which the Bills need for those windy days in Buffalo. Clausen played for a head coach in college who is an excellent mentor for quarterbacks. Quarterbacks always drive up draft boards late in the process.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars
Earl Thomas, S, Texas

The Jaguars want to move down in the draft and acquire more picks, but if they stay at this spot, then Thomas is the big-play, hybrid defensive back that can play corner or safety.

11. Denver Broncos
Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama

The Broncos continue to build their 3-4 defense, and McClain is a leader type. He plugs in at strong-side inside linebacker at 6-foot-4, 254 pounds, and takes advantage of having big Jamal Williams at nose tackle keeping blockers off him as he plays the run.

12. Miami Dolphins
Sergio Kindle, LB, Texas

The Dolphins will find an adequate nose tackle later in the draft, but they need an outside linebacker with pass-rush skills now. Bill Parcells has always liked the elite outside linebacker types (Lawrence Taylor, Carl Banks, DeMarcus Ware) and it could be why they told Jason Taylor they wouldn't sign him until after the draft.

13. San Francisco 49ers
Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

The 49ers have two picks in the first round, and with three offensive tackles off the board, they need to take one right now. Davis is a talented athlete who may need some "Singletary medicine" to get the most out of his talent. It worked for Vernon Davis, so why not Anthony Davis?

14. Seattle Seahawks
Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State

Again, the Seahawks don't reach for a tackle and take a versatile defensive lineman with size. Patrick Kerney has retired, and the Seahawks are small up front. Odrick is 6-5 and more than 300 pounds, and plays with a great motor, which is something Carroll puts a premium on when building a defense.

15. New York Giants
Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

The Giants claim they like their young linebackers, and maybe they do, but if McClain is still on the board, they will take him. Otherwise, a solid defensive tackle candidate such as Williams is a solid fit. Williams can play in any scheme and be productive. He is more than a two-down player and gets some push in his pass rush.

16. Tennessee Titans
Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida

This is a risky pick because Pierre-Paul is so raw and only has seven college starts, but he has the physical traits of a premier defensive end. The Titans have a tremendous defensive line coach to develop him.

17. San Francisco 49ers
Joe Haden, CB, Florida

Some have their doubts about Haden's speed, and the fact that he played boundary corner most of the time. Other coaches tell me he wasn't even the best corner at Florida. The truth is most consider him the best corner in this draft. Haden should be able to start early in his career.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers
Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech

Holmes is gone and there really isn't enough talent in the receiver group to avoid taking a pass catcher high in the draft. The Steelers like Mike Wallace, but Hines Ward is aging and Limas Sweed is struggling. Thomas is a big athlete with close to 19 yards a catch in a triple-option offense in college.

19. Atlanta Falcons
Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

Morgan can play linebacker as well as defensive end, and that gives the Falcons flexibility. They could easily consider Brandon Graham here, which would be fine, but Graham has a height issue that may make the 6-foot-3 Morgan more attractive.

20. Houston Texans
Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

Wilson is a very confident guy who claims he's the best corner in the draft. Wilson is not afraid to come up and make a tackle, and is also a fine return man. His week at the Senior Bowl helped his draft status immensely.

21. Cincinnati Bengals
Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

The Bengals will consider Dez Bryant or even Odrick, if either one is available at this point in the draft. Gresham helps the team more than anyone else, and Carson Palmer has never really had an elite tight end. Gresham is a solid blocker, and with the big emphasis on the run in Cincinnati that completes the package he brings to the table.

22. New England Patriots
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State

Bill Belichick always has to have the kind of receivers Tom Brady needs to pick apart opponents. Randy Moss thinks this is his last year in New England and Wes Welker is coming off a season-ending injury. Bryant has excellent receiving skills, is not afraid to go over the middle and could be a 50-reception guy as a rookie.

23. Green Bay Packers
Mike Iupati, G, Idaho

The Packers build through the draft, and when ever thy see a potential 10-year starter type, they are interested. There are age issues at tackle and production issues inside at guard. Iupati can be the answer at either spot. He can pull, trap, and drive block. Iupati has measured in at 6-foot-5 and 331 pounds, which solidified his first-round status.

24. Philadelphia Eagles
Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida

The Eagles have 11 picks in this draft and can afford to take the best player available, or use some picks to move up the draft board. Andy Reid has never hesitated to take linemen in the first round, and Pouncey gives him a guard-center type who could be blocking for Kevin Kolb for his whole career.

25. Baltimore Ravens
Taylor Mays, S, Southern California

Ed Reed has medical issues and is already hinting at retirement. Mays has some questions about his coverage skills, but brings a very intimidating presence to the field, and that fits the style that the Ravens have been known for the last decade. Mays is more than a big athlete who can run like a wide receiver. He has football intelligence and makes good decisions.

26. Arizona Cardinals
Brandon Graham, LB, Michigan

The Cardinals took some hits during free agency -- especially on defense -- and signing Joey Porter isn't much more than a stop-gap move. Graham can play linebacker or defensive end. In the Cardinals' 3-4 package Graham could line up at strong-side outside linebacker, just like Lamarr Woodley does in Pittsburgh.

27. Dallas Cowboys
Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana

Saffold has been moving up draft boards for weeks since the offensive line coaches started their private workouts. The Cowboys released Flozell Adams and need line help. This kid can play guard or tackle, and don't let the quiet, passive demeanor fool you, he is a solid player.

28. San Diego Chargers
Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State

The Chargers need a running back and they will be lucky to see Mathews on the board at this point. He has 4.4 speed, is a solid citizen and really wasn't overworked in his college career. He is a very good complement to Darren Sproles, who can remain the third-down back.

29. New York Jets
Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida

The Jets need an outside linebacker, which they are attempting to satisfy by signing Jason Taylor. If they get that accomplished, then they can turn to the "five-technique" defensive end. Shaun Ellis isn't getting any younger, and Dunlap has all the physical traits. He has some off-the-field issues, but that hasn't stopped the Jets this offseason from making a number of risky moves. It's hard to find 6-foot-6, 277-pound men who run 4.66.

30. Minnesota Vikings
Brian Price, DT, UCLA

Pat Williams is close to retirement and Jimmy Kennedy should remain the third tackle. Price is a very disruptive player who steps into a starting role in 2011. In the meantime, he gets 10 to 15 snaps a game as a rookie. The Vikings can address their corner need in the next round.

31. Indianapolis Colts
Charles Brown, OT, Southern California

Some have Brown in the second round, but the Colts have issues at offensive tackle and they wouldn't be the first team at the bottom of Round 1 to grab a tackle before it's too late. Charles is much more NFL-ready than Bruce Campbell, who may still be on the board.

32. New Orleans Saints
Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri

The Saints will hit a home run if Weatherspoon is still on the board at this point. Weatherspoon is very bright, which is critical in Greg Williams' defense. He can really run and is very powerful. The Saints lost Scott Fujita in free agency, and Weatherspoon can be plugged right into his spot. Here's one weight-room achievement on this kid: He has the University of Missouri record with a full squat of 770 pounds.

33. St. Louis Rams
Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame

Tate is a solid young man with speed and running back-type skills after the catch.

34. Detroit Lions
Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers

McCourty is a tough corner who proved at the Senior Bowl that he had first-round talent. However, McCourty had only four interceptions in his college career.

35. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Everson Griffen, DE, Southern California

The Buccaneers finish fixing the defensive line issues by adding Griffen with Gerald McCoy.

36. Kansas City Chiefs
Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona

Gronkowski missed his senior year because of an injury, but he's an all-around tight end who reminds some of the Cowboys' Jason Witten. Gronkowski had 75 receptions in 18 college starts.

37. Philadelphia Eagles
Nate Allen, S, South Florida

The Eagles have two picks in this round and need a safety. Allen is a center-field type with 10 career interceptions. He is not afraid to come up and make a tackle as well.

38. Cleveland Browns
Colt McCoy, QB, Texas

The Browns passed on Jimmy Clausen in the first round, but now take the guy being compared to Drew Brees. I had one club executive tell me that if McCoy gets under the guidance of Mike Holmgren in a West Coast offense, he will be a solid starter by 2011 and make people regret they passed on him in the draft. It's hard to ignore McCoy's college production, as the Longhorn QB threw 112 touchdown passes and for 13,253 yards.

39. Oakland Raiders
Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama

The Raiders get a two-down run stuffer who will make the linebackers look a lot better.

40. San Diego Chargers
Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest

Ghee has moved up draft boards because of his speed, having run a 4.37 in the 40.

41. Buffalo Bills
Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

Any team that drafts this phenomenal athlete is taking the chance that he may be too raw skill-wise to line up immediately. Some feel strongly that Campbell's a first-round talent, but two offensive line coaches told me that they gave the Maryland product a fourth-round grade.

42. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Damian Williams, WR, Southern California

Williams reminds me of the Packers' Donald Driver. A smooth route runner with after-the-catch skills. Tampa Bay already addressed the defense with its first two picks, and now helps young quarterback Josh Freeman.

42. Denver Broncos
Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois

Everyone knows that Brandon Marshall has been traded and the Broncos need receiver help. Damian Williams would help more, but the Broncos settle for Benn, who only had seven touchdowns in college.

44. New England Patriots
Jerry Hughes, LB, TCU

This is the first of three picks in the second round for the Patriots, who need pass rush help. Hughes is the "joker" type Belichick loves, having played defensive end at TCU but also possessing the skill set to play linebacker.

45. Denver Broncos
Ricky Sapp, LB, Clemson

Sapp is a classic 4-3 defensive end that will convert to outside linebacker in the NFL. In Denver, Sapp could line up opposite Elvis Dumervil.

46. New York Giants
Sean Lee, LB, Penn State

Lee may have been the best interview I had all year. He is a really smart player, and could line up at any spot in any front. He is over his injuries and reminds me of the Vikings' Chad Greenway.

47. New England Patriots
Tim Tebow, QB, Florida

Tebow to the Patriots? Why not? Tebow can sit behind Brady and learn like Matt Cassel did before he stepped on the field and won 10 games as New England's starter. Belichick will find creative things for him to do as the process moves along.

48. Carolina Panthers
Linval Joseph, DT, East Carolina

This is the Panthers' first pick of the draft, and many fans have never heard of Joseph. He's 6-4, 328 pounds and ran 4.93 at his pro day. Throw in 39 reps at 225 pounds on the bench and 30 tackles for a loss in 27 college starts, and he helps in the middle where the Panthers' defense is weak.

49. San Francisco 49ers
Jahvid Best, RB, California

San Francisco helped the defense with its first two picks and now get a complementary back for Frank Gore. Best is explosive and a very good receiver who could take over the third-down duties.

50. Kansas City Chiefs
Koa Misi, LB, Utah

Misi has been on a steady rise on draft boards. He is a classic 3-4 outside linebacker with pass-rush skills and size.

51. Houston Texans
Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech

The Texans skipped over a running back in the first round and now grab a guy who averaged 6.2 yards per carry and scored 35 times in his college career. He has Jonathan Stewart skills.

52. Pittsburgh Steelers
Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama

After solving their new receiver issues in the first round, the Steelers get the much-needed corner here. Jackson comes from the Alabama Cover-2 scheme and possesses solid tackling skills.

53. New England Patriots
Austen Lane, DE, Murray State

Never heard of Lane? He came to the Senior Bowl and quickly demonstrated his pass-rush skills. At 6-foot-5 and 276 pounds with long arms, Lane has the traits of a 3-4 defensive end and he played outside linebacker in college as well. When I interviewed Lane, I felt like I was talking with Jared Allen.

54. Cincinnati Bengals
Tyson Alualu, DT, California

The Bengals continue to build the defensive front with a high-motor guy who played well at the Senior Bowl. He plays the game much like Bengals defensive tackle Domata Peko, and you never have enough of that type of player.

55. Philadelphia Eagles
Daryl Washington, LB, TCU

Washington is best as a Will 'backer in a 4-3 defense. He can really run and is a decent blitzer.

56. Green Bay Packers
Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State

Green Bay corners Al Harris (35) and Charles Woodson (33) are aging and it's a good time for the team to bring along an eventual replacement. Robinson has good size and speed, and possesses man-to-man coverage skills similar in style to Harris if he works at his craft.

57. Baltimore Ravens
Jerome Murphy, CB, South Florida

The Ravens need corner help and the potential starters may not be ready for camp, or the start of the season. There have already been four corners taken in the second round and the well is starting to run dry. Murphy was OK at the Senior Bowl and has a physical style. He plays faster than he runs and may have to play sooner than he is ready, too.

58. Arizona Cardinals
Vladimir Ducasse, OT, Massachusetts

The Cardinals did not re-sign left tackle Mike Gandy, but think they can move Levi Brown over to the left side. Ducasse is raw and struggled at the Senior Bowl. Coaches tell me that there is plenty of talent in this guy to work with, and there are not many better offensive line coaches than Arizona's Russ Grimm.

59. Dallas Cowboys
Morgan Burnett, S, Georgia Tech

The Cowboys still need a center-field safety with good half-field coverage skills as well.

60. Seattle Seahawks
Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale

I remember when Alex Gibbs took a tall tight end named Matt Lepsis, sent him to NFL Europe and developed him into an all-pro lineman. Gibbs may want to wait until a later round for a guy such as Ed ... from Virginia Tech, if so the Seahawks could take a running back here such as Ben Tate or Montario Hardesty.

61. New York Jets
John Jerry, G/OT, Mississippi

Damien Woody isn't getting any younger, and Jerry is a talented guard/tackle type who had a good Senior Bowl. He's Peria Jerry's brother and has the feet and bulk to develop into a solid starter.

62. Minnesota Vikings
Chris Cook, CB, Virginia

The 6-foot-2, 212-pound defensive back will be the 12th or 13th defensive back taken off the board. Is he a corner or safety? The Vikings will find out in training camp.

63. Indianapolis Colts
Lamarr Houston, DT, Texas

The Colts took an offensive tackle in the first round believing there was enough depth to get a solid defensive tackle in the second round. Houston plays with leverage, has first-step quickness and had a faster 10-yard time than Gerald McCoy.

64. New Orleans Saints
Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford

Signing Alex Brown at defensive end means the Saints can avoid that position at this point and look at other positions. In college, Gerhart had 43 rushing touchdowns and 39 receptions. The creative mind of Sean Peyton will find lots of ways to use this back.

65. St. Louis Rams
Dexter McCluster, RB, Mississippi

McCluster is a third-down back, slot receiver and return specialist who is a matchup nightmare.

66. Detroit Lions
Ben Tate, RB, Auburn

Tate is a solid downhill runner who can carry the load if Kevin Smith isn't ready to go.

67. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati

The Buccaneers need a receiver and Gilyard is tricky fast who is able to get deep or work underneath out of the slot.

68. Kansas City Chiefs
Torell Troup, DT, Central Florida

A massive defensive tackle to play the run downs in the 3-4 defense, Troup has good first-step quickness for a guy weighing 315 pounds.

69. Oakland Raiders
Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State

Cox had 10 interceptions in college, and was a good return man on special teams. However, Cox's speed is not ideal for the old Raiders philosophy.

70. Philadelphia Eagles
Dominique Franks, CB, Oklahoma

There are always grumblings about the corners in Philadelphia, and the team could add another guy to the mix right here. Franks gets a pretty good jump on the ball and has some return skills.

71. Cleveland Browns
Chad Jones, S, LSU

Jones is also a baseball player and has good ball skills. He brings size and range to the position.

72. Buffalo Bills
Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU

LaFell is a big possession receiver to help replace Terrell Owens. At LSU, LaFell had a productive career, catching 175 passes and getting 26 touchdowns.

73. Miami Dolphins
Cam Thomas, DT, North Carolina

The Dolphins grabbed Sergio Kindle in the first round, did not have a second-round pick and are lucky here to get a wide body to play the nose tackle spot while Jason Ferguson serves an eight-game suspension.

74. Jacksonville Jaguars
Jon Asamoah, G/C, Illinois

The Jaguars had to wait from pick No. 10 to No. 74, and they still get a guy who can help at any inside spot on the offensive line.

75. Chicago Bears
Zane Beadles, OT, Utah

This is the first pick of the draft for the Bears, who need help at right tackle. Some say Beadles is a guard, but as one coach said, "He always blocks his guy." That's more than I can say for some of the Bears linemen recently.

76. New York Giants
Joe McKnight, RB, Southern California

The Giants were a much better offense when they had Derrick Ward in a three-man rotation. McKnight would blend in well with Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw.

77. Tennessee Titans
Jason Worilds, LB, Virginia Tech

Whether Keith Bulluck returns or not from injury, the Titans need to get younger at outside linebacker. Worilds is a terrific special teams guy with Elvis Dumervil-type rush skills.

78. Carolina Panthers
Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson

Ford has world-class speed, having run a 4.28 40 at the NFL Scouting Combine. He can take advantage of opposing defenses that will focus on stopping the run and roll coverages to Steve Smith.

79. San Francisco 49ers
Tony Pike, QB, Cincinnati

Alex Smith hasn't locked down the quarterback job long-term, David Carr is not the answer and Pike can really throw the ball. He moves well for a 6-foot-6 guy.

80. Denver Broncos
Anthony McCoy, TE, Southern California

As expected, Tony Scheffler was dealt before the draft even took place. Here, the Broncos can get a complete tight end with blocking skills as well as receiving skills to replace Scheffler.

81. Houston Texans
Al Woods, DT, LSU

At 6-foot-4 and 309 pounds, Woods is a decent "one-technique" tackle to play in a rotation, especially on run downs.

82. Pittsburgh Steelers
Alex Carrington, DE, Arkansas State

Carrington has the traits the Steelers look for in a "five-technique" defensive end: Tall, long arms and speed. He's a steal in the third round.

83. Atlanta Falcons
Matt Tennant, C, Boston College

Tennant was the starting center for Matt Ryan at Boston College. The Falcons brought a lot of people to Boston College's pro day and I'm sure Ryan would like to have his old center back.

84. Cincinnati Bengals
Myron Lewis, CB/S, Vanderbilt

Lewis is a big college corner who would make a nice matchup safety. He already is a solid tackler with 169 tackles to his credit throughout his college career.

85. Cleveland Browns
Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida

Spikes may have run a slow 40-yard dash, but he makes plays on the field and is a value pick in the third round. He belongs in a 3-4 defense, playing the strong side at 249 pounds.

86. Green Bay Packers
Montario Hardesty, RB, Tennessee

Hardesty really came of age under coach Lane Kiffin last year in Knoxville, and now has a year of playing in a pro-style offense under his belt. During that one year, Hardesty demonstrated that he can effectively catch the ball.

87. Philadelphia Eagles
Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia

Atkins is a quick one-gap penetrator who has a solid chance to beat out Trevor Laws for the third tackle spot and will help as a third-down inside rusher.

88. Arizona Cardinals
Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama

Arenas is a slot corner type who plays faster than timed. He could be a blitzer from the nickel slot, too.

89. Arizona Cardinals
Dorin Dickerson, TE, Pittsburgh

Dickerson is an H-back who had 10 touchdowns last season and is still a raw route runner. He will contribute right away on special teams.

90. Dallas Cowboys
Ed ..., OT, Virginia Tech

The Cowboys think Doug Free can play left tackle, but it doesn't hurt to start developing another player. ... has athletic ability.

91. San Diego Chargers
Corey Wootton, DE, Northwestern

A tall, long armed "five-technique" defensive end for the 3-4 defense, Wootton needs to get stronger.

92. Cleveland Browns
Thaddeus Gibson, LB, Ohio State

Gibson did not have a lot of sack production in college, but was an active outside linebacker who probably thought he was going in the first round. He plays hard, is a good athlete and will make a name for himself on special teams.

93. Minnesota Vikings
Donald Butler, LB, Washington

E.J. Henderson has been injured two years in a row and as good as Jasper Brinkley played last year, Butler will push to start. A captain and leader of his college defense, Butler can run sideline to sideline.

94. Indianapolis Colts
Navorro Bowman, LB, Penn State

The Colts like their defensive players fast, and Bowman can really run from the weak-side linebacker spot. Bowman is also not a bad blitzer and would fit in Larry Coyer's pressure schemes.

95. New Orleans Saints
D'Anthony Smith, DT, Louisiana Tech

The Saints can plug an aggressive inside defender into the rotation. Smith probably helps most in passing situations as an inside rusher.

96. Cincinnati Bengals
Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota

Decker is coming off an injury, but was a tremendous route runner and receiver in college. He is reminiscent of Joe Jurevicius.

97. Tennessee Titans
Major Wright, S, Florida

Wright can play free or strong, and likes to tackle. He needs some technique work, but was a smart three-year starter.

98. Atlanta Falcons
Blair White, WR, Michigan State

White is a hard worker and is getting better every day. He is also a Mike Smith kind of guy who could win the No. 4 receiver spot.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
I'd be very surprised if Kindle goes 14 picks ahead of Graham.

Legend
Legend
I'll say I'll be very surprised if we pick Spiller at 7. I just have a feeling we're not looking too closely at RB that high, especially when a guy like maybe Haden is still available or even Earl Thomas (if we feel they're worth it).

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Mock Drafts (Part 2)

Link Copied to Clipboard