Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ughh hate the schedule so far, the we only play the steelers once in 2010 and no home game in 2010.

and if we don't beat them in October we have to wait until 2011,

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
C
Legend
Legend
C
Not sure what you are talking about. The link I put in my previous post shows that we play Pittsburgh week 17 in Cleveland.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I see that, but a very realistic situation will be divisional games where you have have the browns playing the steelers 3rd string team. That doesn't bring anything to the rivalry, it takes away from it.

I don't see that at all. The fans won't stand for that. I understand resting players, but there are just some games you have to win.

This is a good thing.....and it sells late season tickets.

Early season tickets sell pretty much no matter what...everybody is in it and everybody has hope. Save the marquee games for last.

Warm up bands come on before the main act for a reason.

Are you going to stay to watch the warm up band after George Strait* plays??

* Insert any band or artists name that floats your boat. George floats mine.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C

A two hour show to name the schedules? Ugh, and I'm sure ours will be one of the last they get to.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Just go here.

C
Legend
Legend
C
1 Sun, Sept. 12 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers CBS 1 p.m.
2 Sun, Sept. 19 vs. Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1 p.m.
3 Sun, Sept. 26 at Baltimore Ravens CBS 1 p.m.
4 Sun, Oct. 3 vs. Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m.
5 Sun, Oct. 10 vs. Atlanta Falcons FOX 1 p.m.
6 Sun, Oct. 17 at Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1 p.m.
7 Sun, Oct. 24 at New Orleans Saints CBS 1 p.m.
8 Bye
9 Sun, Nov. 7 vs. New England Patriots CBS 1 p.m.
10 Sun, Nov. 14 vs. New York Jets CBS 1 p.m.
11 Sun, Nov. 21 at Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1 p.m.
12 Sun, Nov. 28 vs. Carolina Panthers FOX 1 p.m.
13 Sun, Dec. 5 at Miami Dolphins CBS 1 p.m.
14 Sun, Dec. 12 at Buffalo Bills CBS 1 p.m.
15 Sun, Dec. 19 at Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m.
16 Sun, Dec. 26 vs. Baltimore Ravens CBS 1 p.m.
17 Sun, Jan. 2 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1 p.m.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, Jan 2011. I just hate playing divisional games so late. Good chance we play the steelers 3rd string. We lose to their 3rd string, we really suck. We beat their 3rd stringers, so what, it's their 3rd stringers.

It's a no win situation.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'll stay and watch of it's a George straight cover band. I'd prefer to see the real band.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

17 Sun, Jan. 2 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1 p.m

Guess they weren't kidding when they said they wanted to end the year with divisional games!

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
No scheduled prime time games.

It will be nice to start out against two lower level teams though (Bucs, Chiefs).

And it's the 1st time since 1999 we don't open at home.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What a crappy schedule, not a single 4pm game? Talk about bland and boring.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Being a season ticket holder that drives from c-bus for every home game, I applaud the 1 o'clock games! No money to spend on hotels this year and no getting home at midnight for 4pm games!

All the more to spend on the trip to New Orleans!

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks, I should've known nfl.com would be releasing it as well.

Kind of a tough schedule but I like the fact that we start off with two winnable games against the Chiefs and Bucs.

Usually we get scheduled with the power houses right out of the gate, a couple of early wins would be good for the teams psyche.

C
Legend
Legend
C
No games west of Kansas City.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Being a season ticket holder that drives from c-bus for every home game, I applaud the 1 o'clock games! No money to spend on hotels this year and no getting home at midnight for 4pm games!

I second that, as a season ticket holder also I like the 1 pm games.

December 5th in Miami doesn't look like a bad road trip either.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I guess I'm becoming an old stick in the mud Worried about my bedtime and such....

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I really hate Thurs. night games so I'm real happy about that.

H
1st String
1st String
H
i was praying for the miami game to be in december! great road trip that time of year. except it's not really a ROAD trip, flight trip, to miami while all our friend are freezing!!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

No games west of Kansas City.

We travel a little over 9,000 miles in the air (we're 4-5th lowest). San Fran has 33,000+. Crazy!

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/interactive#/team=SF

I like the fact we don't travel a lot and most of our games are around the same time.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

I like the fact we don't travel a lot and most of our games are around the same time.

Quote:

1 Sun, Sept. 12 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers CBS 1 p.m.
2 Sun, Sept. 19 vs. Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1 p.m.
3 Sun, Sept. 26 at Baltimore Ravens CBS 1 p.m.
4 Sun, Oct. 3 vs. Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m.
5 Sun, Oct. 10 vs. Atlanta Falcons FOX 1 p.m.
6 Sun, Oct. 17 at Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1 p.m.
7 Sun, Oct. 24 at New Orleans Saints CBS 1 p.m.
8 Bye
9 Sun, Nov. 7 vs. New England Patriots CBS 1 p.m.
10 Sun, Nov. 14 vs. New York Jets CBS 1 p.m.
11 Sun, Nov. 21 at Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1 p.m.
12 Sun, Nov. 28 vs. Carolina Panthers FOX 1 p.m.
13 Sun, Dec. 5 at Miami Dolphins CBS 1 p.m.
14 Sun, Dec. 12 at Buffalo Bills CBS 1 p.m.
17 Sun, Jan. 2 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1 p.m.

Which game isn't around the same time? The bye?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Ha ha ha....I was thinking there was a time zone switch for the New Orleans and KC game. Technically, we'd be playing noon games in the central time zone.

But yes, they're all 1pm in our home time zone.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow...first year since our return we don't open the season at home. Here's to that changing our luck!

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
All Pro
All Pro
3 division games to close the season. Awesome.

I really like the first two weeks being bottom 5 teams too. Good opportunity to extend that streak and have a little swagger going into Baltimore.

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore
D
1st String
1st String
D
ALL SUNDAY 1:00 GAMES!!! THAT'S A HOOT!!!
First time in quite a while. (and the first time ever to have the opener away!) (since we've been back, obviously)
Maybe.. just maybe our luck is changing!
GO BROWNS!!!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

I like at least one 4pm game....allows for a nice tailgate, but I understand where you are coming from.....I no longer drive to Columbus after games.....it is a dive.....it's nice hitting Middleburg Heights by 6pm,have a decent dinner at Damons, and be in bed by 8 for the 10 hour drive home.

At one time I would push to exit 100 just south of Columbus, but it just isn't worth it after a day of beer and football. I'd rather just chill at 6PM and start fresh in the morning....I'm home by 5:30PM. Leave at 7:40 and I miss the Columbus morning rush and the Knoxville evening rush as I pass through there at 3:30PM.

The Chattanooga rush is going the other way when I arrive.

I have it worked out.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
You guys up for recreating some of that tailgating fun this past year in Chicago in the Big Easy this October?

I will definitely be there.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
j/c

Weeks 3-10 are absolutely brutal.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

You guys up for recreating some of that tailgating fun this past year in Chicago in the Big Easy this October?

I will definitely be there.

I'll ask the wife. I think she'd like to visit New Orleans too. I've never been. Good idea.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
I agree with that. The middle of our season is unbelievable if you really look at it. While I like the CHANCE to be 2-0 to start, if we don't obtain that record, it will be a LONG year.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

j/c

Where does that put weeks 13-16?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

j/c

Where does that put weeks 13-16?

guaranteed wins

really, we don't know who will be good or who will be injured at key spots when we play them. but, certainly, that middle stretch appears to be our toughest spot. the good thing is if we can manage to get through it, the end of the year isn't too horrible (yes, including the divisional games).

#gmstrong
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I hate 4pm games. Breaks my day up.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Legend
Legend
New Orleans will probably be my game to go to.. just not sure if i want to waste money on a game that we probably don't have much of a chance of winning.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

New Orleans will probably be my game to go to.. just not sure if i want to waste money on a game that we probably don't have much of a chance of winning.

If you've never been to NO, trust me, you won't really care if we lose

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Eh, I prefer 4pm games. When we play at 1pm, I get mad about getting beat by 3 touchdowns, and don't want to watch football the rest of the day. When we play at 4pm, I can watch the 1pm games before the Browns make me mad

1st String
1st String
1:00 games are 10 AM games on the West Coast. I prefer breakfast with football and an entire afternoon to be ecstatic if the Browns win...or to play golf if they lose. My miserable golf game allows me to forget the feeling of a Browns loss...at least for a few hours.

[color:"red"]"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
---Leonardo daVinci
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
1pm games are fine, I just like to switch it up a bit. 4pm games are nice if you have some running around to do, then finish the day with beers.

I'd prefer to start tailgating at noon instead of 8am. Again, I'm just talking about a couple 4pm games.

In a perfect schedule Id have 1 monday night, 1 Sunday night and and 3 4pm starts, the rest at 1. A season full of 1pm games is bland and boring.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

I second that, as a season ticket holder also I like the 1 pm games.

December 5th in Miami doesn't look like a bad road trip either.

I'm with you guys. I split season tickets with a guy down the street, and with a 4.5 hour drive each way, this is the perfect schedule for me.

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
T
Legend
Legend
T
All 1 pm games ? We can thank Mangini for that. Also we should like to thank the departure of Edwards, Winslow, and anybody who they can market, and the bustatude of Quinn and Anderson.

The lack of top game performances last year leads to no prime time games this year when they had too many last year, and whatdya know the Jets are on 4 times this year.

TV networks never get it, never.
The perfect schedule imo, is 1 monday night game 1 sunday or thursday night game and 1 4 pm game and 13 1 pm games ... because the prime time games are more showcased that way.

So the TV networks trying only to get good teams get good teams from last year but because it is the nfl you can pretty much count on teams getting better or worse so the question is , what games the Browns will play this year would make the best monday night or sunday night or 4 pm games And Why?

If it were me, there are 2 games I'd like to see in prime time and I bet they'll be good games to watch. Why, First I don't want to see divisional games, Browns/ Steelers, Browns Ravens simply because we see them twice a year they are overdone.

The Atlanta at Cleveland game October 10 game, Why?

They don't play Atlanta every year and one of the last 3 meetings was the game in which the Browns qualified for the playoffs after its conclusion.

The Cleveland at Buffalo game December 12 is going to be a great, GREAT game, Why?
The Bills and Browns have played each other for 4 or 5 years in a row the Browns have a winning streak going against them and none of them have been scoring fests, It is the middle game of a 3 game road trip for the Browns which teams are less likely to win, so the Bills will be ripe for a win at home in december.
The most likely reason it will be a good game is because of the last matchup where the Browns won while completing only 6 passes on the day. That Can't happen again it is just the odds.

The Browns Bills game is going to be a shootout with the lead changing several times that will go down to the wire, ( much like the Detroit game of 2009) and it is full sure worthy of a prime time game and I"m confident it will be a better watch than the primetime games we will actually see, that week.

TV networks don't get it. Not even when the Browns had 3 primetime games or 4 was it the right thing. The Monday night, Sunday night , Thursday night games should try to showcase MORE TEAMS, and not just Philadelphia, the Giants, the Cowboys, the Colts and the Patriots.

I'd even like to see a San Francisco at St louis prime time game over teams I see 5 times a year now, I bet they would provide better entertainment.

TV networks, will they ever get it?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
All Pro
All Pro
It isn't personal, TL.

Cleveland is going to receive the least amount of respect out of all the bottom 10 teams going into the season and there is one man you can be assured is the reason: Eric Mangini.

No team will get hated on more until Mangini's Browns start winning. Even when they do, rest assured the media credit will go to our savior, Mike Holmgren.

Under no circumstance expect Cleveland to receive accolades under Mangini. If anything, expect all the credit to go to whoever the QB is, MH, Heckert, etc...

Anything but recognizing EM.

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Regular Season Schedule will not be announced until week of April 12

Link Copied to Clipboard