Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#485792 04/20/10 12:42 PM
hooter Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Just for S's and G's, here's a couple things I've been mulling over. Didn't make a new thread just because it's kind of silly. This place is good enough.

Hooter's Oddball Last Minute Pre-Draft Predictions

1. Cleveland will not draft any of the four QBs on Gruden's special. H/H/M will draft two QBs, one in the 3rd and one in the 5th. Might try to stash one on the practice squad. One of those guys will be Tony Pike.

2. Cleveland will trade down again (from 7) this year, and again for not a ton of value. SF maybe trading up for Clausen, and giving up #s 13 and 49.

3. New England will try to trade up for once in their life, making sure they get Odrick.

4. Damaryious Thomas will get drafted a lot earlier than he should. Mid to early 1st.

That's all I got for now, feel free to share your thoughts or ignore as may be your want. Just wanted someting a little different to bash each other about for the next 2 days. lol.

Edit: fixed to remove response to the mock thread. Thanks guys.

Last edited by hooter; 04/20/10 01:31 PM.

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Hooter's Oddball Last Minute Pre-Draft Predictions

1. Cleveland will not draft any of the four QBs on Gruden's special. H/H/M will draft two QBs, one in the 3rd and one in the 5th. Might try to stash one on the practice squad. One of those guys will be Tony Pike.

2. Cleveland will trade down again (from 7) this year, and again for not a ton of value. SF maybe trading up for Clausen, and giving up #s 13 and 49.

3. New England will try to trade up for once in their life, making sure they get Odrick.

4. Damaryious Thomas will get drafted a lot earlier than he should. Mid to early 1st.

Disclaimer: I'm no draft guru, so what I say should be taken with .1 grams of salt.

I think Seattle is going to take Berry. The Browns are going to try to trade down (we'll never really know), but they won't find any takers. So, I think we'll take Haden at 7.

And, I think someone is going to trade in front of us in the 2nd to take McCoy.

Last edited by Referee7; 04/20/10 01:18 PM.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

hehe. i agree that he'll likely be an unwarranted 1st rounder and I have seen quite a few mocks giving him to the Steelers w/ Santonio gone. if they pick DT instead of Pouncey, I will literally jump for joy.

Last edited by Referee7; 04/20/10 01:19 PM.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

The Browns are going to try to trade down (we'll never really know), but they won't find any takers. So, I think we'll take Haden at 7.

I was leaning that way myself. But now I think they'd take Thomas over Hayden.

Thomas can play both S and CB. I don't think he could cover #1 WR's, but he can be a good CB and plays S. I feel that kind of versatility in our secondary would be something very special.

jmho

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
If Thomas is as good as many say he is, I'd have no problem taking him at 7.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That's kind of where I'm coming from as well 79.

I wouldn't have a problem with Thomas or Hayden actually. I don't like the idea of taking Spiller at #7 but there are more than one way that we could go of which I'd be happy with.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
#485798 04/20/10 01:11 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I saw a tidbit in another thread that had 4 "unlikely draft predictions", so let's hear yours.

Not just for the Browns, but for the entire league.

I'll start...

With Eric Berry and Sam Bradford off the board, the Browns take Dez Bryant at #7.

Last edited by Referee7; 04/20/10 01:20 PM.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Ndamukong Suh will be taken in the 1st round

hooter Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Quote:

Ndamukong Suh will be taken in the 1st round

Bold, sir.

John Barrymore
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Berry will fall to us at #7. Thats my prediction.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
My "bold" predictions

1) If Berry is gone at 7, and the Browns cannot trade down (a) I expect a surprise (one of Earl Thomas, Kyle Wilson, Jared Odrick, or Mike Iupati) (b) the Browns will have at least 2 picks in the first round this year.

2) Dez Bryant will fall to #27 Dallas.

3) There will be a record number of trades this draft.

4) Ryan Matthews is taken before CJ Spiller.

Legend
Legend
1. There will be a huge run on corners in the first..even more than expected.

2. Someone will trade up to get the TE Gresham.

3. Someone will trade up to take McCoy in the first round.

4. The Raiders will take Dez Bryant.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
With Mike Holgrem now running the show in Cleveland and committed to finally solidify the QB position, the Cleveland Browns select with the 7th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

With Mike Holgrem now running the show in Cleveland and committed to finally solidify the QB position, the Cleveland Browns select with the 7th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma

Highest paid Right Tackle EVER . . .

hooter Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Quote:

3) There will be a record number of trades this draft.

Agreed. There have already been a ton of picks moved around. The NFL would love to add drama to the weekend to sell more Bud Light, I wonder if there are incentives somehow involved.

John Barrymore
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
So

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Mine?

The Browns will try to trade out of #7 if Berry (or better) doesn't land to them and will NOT be successful. They'll take their best option but will feel they are overpaying BIG TIME.

Legend
Legend
Brian Bulaga will be the 4th or 5th OT selected and not picked in the top 20. I believe he makes it all the way to the Packers at 23, who will feel compelled to take him because of their awful offensive line, but have reservations about it because they know he's not an NFL LT.

Brandon Graham will be the first DE or OLB selected in the draft.

Someone will trade up to select Terrence Cody.

Jordan Shipley will be gone by the end of Friday.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Mine?

The Browns will try to trade out of #7 if Berry (or better) doesn't land to them and will NOT be successful. They'll take their best option but will feel they are overpaying BIG TIME.

If you're going to overspend you might as well walk away with the best OL in all of football.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

If you're going to overspend you might as well walk away with the best OL in all of football.

Ross Verba is in this draft?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Ross Verba is in this draft?

now, let's not get carried away... he's "top 3"

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

hehe. i agree that he'll likely be an unwarranted 1st rounder and I have seen quite a few mocks giving him to the Steelers w/ Santonio gone. if they pick DT instead of Pouncey, I will literally jump for joy.

Not so fast...I would hate it...I want the Steelers to take Pouncey, Davis, Iupati or Campbell....they will all bust or disappoint (only AVG) in the NFL. Thomas is a raw but very, very talented WR...like Kirwan, I'd take him over Bryant and over Pouncey for sure

You know Rick Gosselin? He knows draft stuff...this is what he sadi about this year's OL class:

"Offensive tackle is strong at the top of the draft, with as many as four going in the Top 20. But it thins dramatically in the mid-to-later rounds. This also is the worst interior offensive line board (guards and centers) I've seen in the last 10 years. "

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/...ne.3c6b83c.html

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

This also is the worst interior offensive line board (guards and centers) I've seen in the last 10 years.

I'm not saying he's right or wrong. But couldn't that mean worst depth wise? That doesn't mean Pouncey and Iupati are bad players, it could just mean that there isn't much after the,.

hooter Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Don't know why he doesn't like Iupati and Pouncey, probably position value. DJB Hates interior OL in the first as we've all read countless times.

I do know Iupati is a boom/bust guy, as a lot of an OLs game is in technique and he is gonna need a lot of coaching. He has a ton of upside. I don't know much of anything about Pouncey other than what Hack had to say about him in DTs site mock. (which is that he likes him a lot.)

Dj, I don't get the love for Thomas on your part either. Seems like you have beat the drum against projects in the 1st and 2nd for a year now, but here you go pimping this guy. It's not like you.

John Barrymore
C
Legend
Legend
C
I predict the Rams will trade Adam Carriker to the Redskins.

Legend
Legend
Bold, that. Hope we pass on Bradford and trade up to land Suh. I also hope for calorie-free ice cream and pastries. Dream along with me. I think it is all liar's poker until Thursday PM.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
j/k

@ # 7 We go with Berry first, Thomas if Berry is gone.

2nd round we go Defence best LB availble.

3rd round we take Guard, ....DB.....WR

Other Thinks.....Clausen is this years I'm falling and cant get up player....

Colt will be taken in the late 1st round, around picks 22-30 some team will trade back into the first to draft Colt.

CJ Spiller ? if he came out last year would he still be the first RB projected to be taken in the draft or would he be a 2nd round pick....Exactly....he's the best this year, which says something about this RB class.

Tebow will be taken in the 2nd round possibley ahead of Clausen.

Browns will trade next years first round pick to move back into the late first round to draft Penn States Ordrack (Spelling) We will all think were drafting Colt but the pick will be Penn States DE.

We will also trade Shaun Rogers on draft day for a late 2nd round pick which we use to take a RB Toby Gearhart from standford or Dixon From Mississippi.

We end up not drafting a QB at all this year.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Just curious as to why you think we will be taking a linebacker in the 2nd round as it is one our deeper positions.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Just curious as to why you think we will be taking a linebacker in the 2nd round as it is one our deeper positions.

My thought on that is "who is our best linebacker?"

I think you don't draft for depth at #38... I think you take an impact player who can improve your team. The mid-rounds are for depth.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
We will be trading DQwill Jackson on draft day for picks next year, since were trading away our first round next year, our Lb core also has a couple older vets I see Spikes or Norwood i think his name is,

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tim Tebow goes in the first round. To someone OTHER than Jacksonville.

C
Legend
Legend
C
If we take Spikes with our 2nd rounder I will shoot myself in the face.

hooter Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
I really wouldn't be surprised at all to see DBs taken in the 1st, 2nd, and one of the 3rds. Say...Haden, Allen, and Jones. Somebody has got to be good out of that group right??

For the Browns, of course, just to be specific.

John Barrymore
O
Legend
Legend
O
"I predict the Rams will trade Adam Carriker to the Redskins."

I see what you did there...

Last edited by oobernoober; 04/20/10 03:39 PM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C
Thank you, thank you. I will be here all night.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Philly takes McCoy one pick before the Browns do in the 2nd round.

hooter Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Quote:

Tim Tebow goes in the first round. To someone OTHER than Jacksonville.

Strong. I like it.

John Barrymore
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Steve's Bold Predictions:

1. the Bills will try to sell tickets in the 1st on the consult of Ralph Wilson and take a big name instead of the tackle they need.

2 The Jaguars will try and try and try to fanagle a way to get Tim Tebow but will not be successful.

3. the draft that the Browns will assemble will inspire a ton of confidence in us and in the media and will will suddenly be touted as a playoff ready team even though we most likely wont be yet.

4. Due to the threat of suspension, the media will chide the Stellers for not drafting a QB in case Roethlisbergers suspension is lengthy, or laud the Steelers for being proactive in taking a QB in the middle rounds to protect themselves.

5. lastly...The Raiders will NOT be this years laughing stock of the draft...this year theyll actually manage a solid draft

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

5. lastly...The Raiders will NOT be this years laughing stock of the draft...this year theyll actually manage a solid draft

LOL....Now thats funny...

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
BOLD!

but if they take Bruce Campbell...they will be.

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Bold Draft Predictions

Link Copied to Clipboard